Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 41 years old; finally ordered my first Porsche.

only thing that is weird with that order is, you live in southern california yet you ordered the heated seats... thats odd dont you think

That's an option my wife had to have. She's one of those types of people that feel constantly cold. Let's put it this way- adding the heated seats made the decision to go with my choice of car (Boxster over say, Cayenne) go over that much more 'smoothly'.

Quote:
    AndrewSS said:
    only thing that is weird with that order is, you live in southern california yet you ordered the heated seats... thats odd dont you think

No - the centre console looks empty without those two additional switches, right? And on a switch per $ its certainly good value when you consider how much you have to pay for the PASM switch or the Sport switch?

Oh how I love that train of logic Dreamcar! LOL!!

When I was at the dealer a week before I placed my order there was a gentleman there to take delivery on his 4th Porsche, his new 'daily driver'.

2005 Porsche Turbo S $150K

He was going on and on about how practicle the car will be for him to drive everyday as opposed to his 360 Modena he's been 'putting up with'. Sheesh! He lives in a completely different stratosphere than I.

Anyway, right there with you buddy!

Quote:
    MHakkinen said:

When I was at the dealer a week before I placed my order there was a gentleman there to take delivery on his 4th Porsche, his new 'daily driver'.

He was going on and on about how practicle the car will be for him to drive everyday as opposed to his 360 Modena he's been 'putting up with'. Sheesh! He lives in a completely different stratosphere than I.

Whatever. I bet he uses the same kind of toilet paper as us.

Quote:
    Holminator said:
    Quote:
    MHakkinen said:

Whatever. I bet he uses the same kind of toilet paper as us.

Sorry old boy...but I believe he uses Davidoff cleansing tissue for his rectum.

Boxster Turbo???
    Built from factory or made by the dealer??

Same boat ... 51, first Porsche on order, most spent on a car. If you want to get really practical about it, there's nothing on four wheels that is as much fun AND holds it's value as well, so its hardly wasted - look on it as investing in your happiness not spending!

I've got an April build, May delivery, 987 Seal Grey/Black/Black, 18" S wheels, Bi-Xenon, Sports steering wheel, BOSE, Heated seats (drove Saabs for a while - can't live without them now!). Can't wait ... but I guess I'm going to have to.

Could need a big boat !
    Me too, fifty something and worked for 38years, ordered my first Porsche for May delivery. Test drive great, test drive plus was awesome.
    987 Red/Black/Black, 18" S wheels, half leather, heated seats, Bi-Xenons, Cruise, Sports steering wheel, PSP, wind deflector, Auto aircon, Chrome tailpipe.
    Waiting, waiting ...

Quote:
    CharlesL said:
    Same boat ... 51, first Porsche on order, most spent on a car. If you want to get really practical about it, there's nothing on four wheels that is as much fun AND holds it's value as well, so its hardly wasted - look on it as investing in your happiness not spending!

I've got an April build, May delivery, 987 Seal Grey/Black/Black, 18" S wheels, Bi-Xenon, Sports steering wheel, BOSE, Heated seats (drove Saabs for a while - can't live without them now!). Can't wait ... but I guess I'm going to have to.

Hi! Someone else out there, not only of similar vintage but also from Hampshire! I assume you are getting yours from Porsche Centre Bournemouth? My car, as well as Rich C's car are both in their showroom ready to go. Rich's seal grey is having its maiden voyage on 1st, mine arctic silver (matches what little hair I've got) on 3rd.

Welcome to Rennteam! I'll send you a PM shortly.

Quote:
    boothy said:
    Could need a big boat !
    Me too, fifty something and worked for 38years, ordered my first Porsche for May delivery. Test drive great, test drive plus was awesome.
    987 Red/Black/Black, 18" S wheels, half leather, heated seats, Bi-Xenons, Cruise, Sports steering wheel, PSP, wind deflector, Auto aircon, Chrome tailpipe.
    Waiting, waiting ...

Welcome to you, as well. I've waited for mine for 18 months, as soon as I knew the new Boxster was coming. Don't worry - the 1st 17 months are the worst. I've now got 12 days to go.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    boothy said:
    Could need a big boat !
    Waiting, waiting ...

Welcome to you, as well. I've waited for mine for 18 months, as soon as I knew the new Boxster was coming. Don't worry - the 1st 17 months are the worst. I've now got 12 days to go.

Thank for the welcome.
    I place my LOI last July, so the wait is excruciating.
    I am in sunny Lancashire, so there will be plenty of top-down opportunities

Quote:
    boothy said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    boothy said:
    Could need a big boat !
    Waiting, waiting ...

Thank for the welcome.
    I place my LOI last July, so the wait is excruciating.
    I am in sunny Lancashire, so there will be plenty of top-down opportunities

Well we've booked our two weeks holiday in North Yorkshire end June / Early July, one week on the Moors and one week in the Dales, so hopefully some sunshine "up North" please!
    And thinking about The Wait I think the last 12 days are the worst

I'm the other side of Winchester so Bournemouth is quite a distance - Reading and Guildford are both a lot closer - so as my office is near Reading I chose that one.

I don't even have a build date yet so I have no idea when in May I will get mine, although I was told late April was a possibility.

Noticed someone able to order chrome tailpipe - I tried that for mine and they said I couldn't yet back in late January when I had to firm up the options. Looks like I will have to retrofit mine.

Quote:
    CharlesL said:
    I'm the other side of Winchester so Bournemouth is quite a distance - Reading and Guildford are both a lot closer - so as my office is near Reading I chose that one.

I don't even have a build date yet so I have no idea when in May I will get mine, although I was told late April was a possibility.

Noticed someone able to order chrome tailpipe - I tried that for mine and they said I couldn't yet back in late January when I had to firm up the options. Looks like I will have to retrofit mine.

I'm lucky in a way, several of the options I would otherwise have had weren't available when I had to finalise my order such as Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Chrome plated tailpipes and centre console painted in exterior colour. Those would have put another Pounds1,000 on the tag!
    Once I get the car I will have to see how easy it is to remove the tailpipes, get them chromed and then refit.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    I'm lucky in a way, several of the options I would otherwise have had weren't available when I had to finalise my order such as Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Chrome plated tailpipes and centre console painted in exterior colour. Those would have put another Pounds1,000 on the tag!
    Once I get the car I will have to see how easy it is to remove the tailpipes, get them chromed and then refit.

Is the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System an option already available to order with a new Boxster? I did not see this on the booklet I have with most of the items you can order.

Quote:
    Steven Martins said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:

Is the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System an option already available to order with a new Boxster? I did not see this on the booklet I have with most of the items you can order.

No, not yet. It is not listed in the info I have. It's coming, but know not when

The S/S tailpipe was added to my order on 3rd February.
    This for April build, so you may still get it if you ask now.

Quote:
    boothy said:

Does adding an option after you placed your order delay the build time at all?

Quote:
    MHakkinen said:
    Quote:
    boothy said:

If there is still no build week set on your order then I beleive you can change anything you want. After that the order is locked and no changes can be made.

Quote:
    Steven Martins said:
    Quote:
    MHakkinen said:
    Quote:
    boothy said:

If there is still no build week set on your order then I beleive you can change anything you want. After that the order is locked and no changes can be made.

No delay when I did it, as no build date had been confirmed.
    Just ask and see what they say.
    OEM fit is Pounds166, I was quoted' approx.' Pounds250 as aftermarket fit by OPC.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780873 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442552 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263338 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261666 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85801 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5912 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881419 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818845 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM