Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S (Facelift) - Short Driving Report

Light Weight Buckets = LWB

As in the race seats in the 918, GT3, GT3RS, GT4, 911R. 

--

LWB in a heavy targa?  That would only add to dealers profit. Thought you were kidding him about a stretched 991 like what Koreans call a ....panamera.

Well he said he wanted to be exciting, can't beat having race buckets :)

--

JimFlat6:

Nick, he's pulling your leg.  Long wheel base=lwb. Watch out for Canadians, they will try to sell you heated floor mats and a extended warranty for your glove box light. If whoopsy owned that dealership he'd have parking meters installed on its lot so be forewarned.indecision 

SmileySmiley

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

nberry:

I decided to buy the Targa. I done my preliminary spec and will order Tuesday which is a May allocation.

Still wrestling with some issue particularly interior color of Sapphire Blue Metallic exterior. My wife and sales person suggest I go with the new interior color Graphite Blue/Chalk. I am trending toward Luxor Beige/black. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

The option costs are crazy. If I order the recommended options I would be well over $155,000. The base price is $122,000.Smiley

They want $750 to paint the side skirts. Worth it?

Seat belts in silver are $540.Smiley

Since I am the only one to drive the car why should I get the power sport seat 14 way with memory? $2320.

Steering column casing in leather. $435 Do I need that?

Door panel in leather $690.

I opted not to go with an upgrade sound system since it is a convertible and has SE. Mistake?

Obviously much is personal but if anyone has experience with these add on I would appreciate your opinion.

--

Congrats Nick, glad you are jumping on a new sports car.

1. Side skirts: No.   There is a lot of other plastic on the exterior so not worth it.

2. Power seats: No, but I believe they have adjustable lumbar, so may want to sit in a 4-way first to make sure they suit your lower back.  Otherwise no reason to get power seats if you are only driver.

3. Steering column casing leather: I think it looks too fussy because of contrast stitching, but YMMV.  I never look at this area.

4. Door panel leather: The amount of leather this adds is  small.  Just get the full leather option and call it a day.

5. Stereo.  Depends how much you value your tunes.  I don't think it would be too loud to enjoy the upgraded stereo, particularly in traffic.

6. Color:  I think the graphite blue leather would clash with sapphire blue paint.  One is subdued and the other is a very electric shade, so they don't go together.  Sapphire goes best with black unfortunately, but it does look nice with your black/beige.  I usually spec cars by starting with the interior color I enjoy most and then choosing the outside.  My favorite combos for the targa are night blue with agate grey interior (subdued combo) or graphite blue with black/bordeaux interior.  

PS: Other than the rear wing on the RS, I don't understand why it's too impractical for San Diego.  I DD my GT4 in DTLA.

Finalized my order.

1. No side skirts.

2. Decided on power seats the premium package. Get a lot of goodie and they are more comfortable.

3. No steering column leather.

4.No door panel leather.

5. Decided on getting Bose. Not a full convertible so a better sound system makes sense. Also, on resale it is a plus.

6. Will go with Sapphire Blue and black beige interior.

FWIW, my Targa allocation is the only one my dealer has for several months (so they say). Managed to get a decent discount.kiss

--

vantagesc:
    nberry:

1. Side skirts: No.   There is a lot of other plastic on the exterior so not worth it.

2. Power seats: No, but I believe they have adjustable lumbar, so may want to sit in a 4-way first to make sure they suit your lower back.  Otherwise no reason to get power seats if you are only driver.

3. Steering column casing leather: I think it looks too fussy because of contrast stitching, but YMMV.  I never look at this area.

4. Door panel leather: The amount of leather this adds is  small.  Just get the full leather option and call it a day.

5. Stereo.  Depends how much you value your tunes.  I don't think it would be too loud to enjoy the upgraded stereo, particularly in traffic.

Congrats nick, very nice choice, the Targa is indeed the best looking version of the new 911 Smiley vantagesc made a good resume about your doubts. Regarding color I would go with the beige / blak interior. 

--

J.Seven

nberry:

Finalized my order.

1. No side skirts.

2. Decided on power seats the premium package. Get a lot of goodie and they are more comfortable.

4.No door panel leather.

5. Decided on getting Bose. Not a full convertible so a better sound system makes sense. Also, on resale it is a plus.

FWIW, my Targa allocation is the only one my dealer has for several months (so they say). Managed to get a decent discount.kiss

Congratulations !  The Targa looks very good and special . I hope you will be able to enjoy more then the Gt3 .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

nberry....good choices on the options list.

i would have recommended you skip on the stering column leather and that the upgraded stereo is a must for commuting or sitting in traffic.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Congrats, a really nice and all rounder car!

--

1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2014 Mercedes A45 AMG - 2013 Mini Cooper S - Cayman GT4 (soon)

Burmester is a must if someone likes music. BOSE just cannot deliver, especially in a cab or Targa.

I would have chosen the cab, not a friend of the Targa but to each his own I guess.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

I have owned several cabs. For some reason, the Targa visually looks better than a cab and yet provides open air driving. Also, Targa's are more exclusive.smiley

--

Good choice Nick kiss I've been contemplating a targa but would go PTS on one if I did.

Signal Green

Viper Green targa 2.JPG

Brewster Green

14599522349741.JPG

Irish Green

1459952279472Irish Green 1 Jpeg.JPG

Wow, that Irish green looks great! My wife loves it.kiss

--

nberry:

Wow, that Irish green looks great! My wife loves it.kiss

+ 1 . It suits the car perfectly Smiley

--

I believe it is Irish Green but worth getting hold of a colour sample to double check. Here are some more pics of the colour. The targa is a retro inspired design that suits some of the bolder old colours as they really high light the aluminium roll bar.

Irish Green 2 Jpeg.JPG

Irish Green 2.JPG

Irish Green 3.JPG

It would look great on a set of the 50th Edition Fuchs inspired wheels.

Sport Classic 4.JPG

I was going to look into asking the Exclusive Department if they would make the seat centres out of some of the cloth used in the 1970's to add to the retro design. The cloth is available through various suppliers and one option I looked at was the "Madras" cloth from the early impact bumper cars. There is a blue version that goes with the exterior colour you have chosen. I added the Fuchs style wheels to my quick mock up. Not to all tastes I'm sure but illustrates what could be done.

Madras cloth inserts 3.JPG

These were some of the cloth insert options I was considering for an Irish Green car.

Irish Green interiors.JPG

A couple more of Irish Green.

1459958376208Irish Green 3.JPG

Irish Green 4.JPG

And a couple more PTS targas - possibly Signal Orange (or Pastel Orange?) and either Black Grey or Slate Grey beside it.

Signal Orange 1.JPG

Signal Orange 3.JPG

Signal Orange 4.JPG

Signal Orange 7.JPG

Signal Orange 8.JPG

Signal Orange 9.JPG

Signal Orange 12.JPG

ISUK:

Good choice Nick kiss I've been contemplating a targa but would go PTS on one if I did.

Signal Green

Viper Green targa 2.JPG

Brewster Green

14599522349741.JPG

Irish Green

1459952279472Irish Green 1 Jpeg.JPG

Wow this Irish green targa has a very nice front. Aerokit?
    --

For me it would be the Brewster Green. The car looks stunning!

Great stuff! Thankskiss

--

1460017253390image.jpegThis morning at my dealer. Miami blue Targa 

--

fritz:
    Rossi:
    nberry:

IMG_0727.JPG

For the times they are a-changin' ... Smiley

Yep, back in the day they didn't have anything like as much smog in San Diego as we see in that new shot. Smiley

Nick just looks as good as in the older picture... unless it´s grease on the lens, not smog, to mislead us... Smiley

KresoF1:

Looking great. I never liked them painted black so far but this GT-silver (?) example of the rim looks stunning. 

nberry:

Finalized my order.

1. No side skirts.

4.No door panel leather.

I am baffled... thought the GT3 was a rare exception in your purchase pattern recently. Anyway, congratulations. I assume night blue metallic is too dark for your taste? 

Just spotted this one while coming back from lunch. Very nice combo! kiss

1460025990240image.jpeg

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

SportCarGroup:

As nice as on this blue 991 Smiley Yes, it is the Sport Design kit.

Note, awesome Volvo wagon  in the background Smiley

1460026427151image.jpeg

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

Ferdie:
    nberry:

Finalized my order.

1. No side skirts.

4.No door panel leather.

I am baffled... thought the GT3 was a rare exception in your purchase pattern recently. Anyway, congratulations. I assume night blue metallic is too dark for your taste? 

While I was waiting for my GT3 engine to be replaced, Porsche gave me a new Blue Metallic C2 to drive around in. It was a little dark for my taste.Smiley

Like my other car purchases, my attention and attraction span maxes out at around two years. Time for a new car purchase.Smiley

--

Test drove the 991.2 Carrera S today . It had PDCC and rear wheel steering . 

I am not surprised that car can lap the Nurburgring as fast as a 997.2 GT3 . It is such an efficient , fast, easy to drive, car !!!!  The progress from the 997 to this car is like day and night . It felt on some of my usual roads as quick through the twisties as my RS  ( where the power does not count ) . Incredible !  The gap between the GT model and the Carrera is becoming smaller and smaller , in term of efficiency . 

The sound is mute, when not in sports exhaust . Some burbles when sports exhaust is open , but nothing to rave about . I had heard the car from the outside and it is much louder outside then inside . Generally not much sound coming from the exhaust to the inside.

The car with the RWS is very nimble and so easy to drive fast . No surprise, no unpleasant moves,  very planted with the PDCC , breaks are top .   The turbo lag is there , even I missed higher reving .  But generally an excellent car to drive every day in confort .

--

bluelines:
    SportCarGroup:

As nice as on this blue 991 Smiley Yes, it is the Sport Design kit.

Note, awesome Volvo wagon  in the background Smiley

1460026427151image.jpeg

Volvo looks great, shame it is partially obscured by the Porsche Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 R Design daily drive

RC:

Burmester is a must if someone likes music. BOSE just cannot deliver, especially in a cab or Targa.

I would have chosen the cab, not a friend of the Targa but to each his own I guess.

Concur on both points, plus you have to stop to lower the targa slot;  991 cab obviates targa, it's a quantum improvement over our 997 tur bo s cab.  Targa is different and Nick likes it alot which is all that matters for his buy.  Enjoy!!!

the big issue with 991.2 is there a quantum improvement?  Seems quick!

ps love the dark green, we've owned numerous ones - hope it's metallic for hiding scratches better

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761645 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434942 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260268 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257384 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80869 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871750 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807087 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM