Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Palm Green Interior......What's Green?

Just seats, carpet? or dashboard top/bottom?

Re: Palm Green Interior......What's Green?

everything.

That might be too much green. Looks almost black in the brochure.

Ideal colour choice - if you want to maximise on depreciation

Porsche has some great exterior designers and the new cockpit layout on the 987 is also nice... but they need to get some color coordinators who arent color blind IMO - cuz daayum! some of these color combos are ugly.

Actually Palm Green is a great color with the right exterior color. Seen a white 997 and a Silver Pepper with it.....very nice.

I had been thinking white might be good with the green.

I like, among other colors, a white Porsche. White can be very no-nonsense, if there is enought other trim color (some black, some alum/stainless/chrome) to give it a technical feeling rather than a white Lexus cloud feeling. But the usual black interior gets a little old. The green looks very dark, almost black; so I'd like to see it. The gray/black interior Porsche is showing for the 987 might be a good alternative too.

I feel a dashboard top (the part at the base of the windshield) should always be black/dark to avoid reflections. That's one reason I don't care for the beige/sand/natural interiors. Some makers provide a black dashboard top regardless of interior color; that makes sense to me.

This has got be a wind-up, right? White with green? Do you plan to sell ice creams from it or something?

Don't know what a wind-up is, but I was thinking of painting a tree on the doors and campaigning for the end of gasoline engines. Wonder what a Porsche engine will feel like when we have a new energy system in place.

Without having seen the Palm Green interior I don't know if I'd like it. I can imagine a white/green car I'd like though; it's in the vein of a white with blue car....but it's green. A green interior has been a Porsche option as far back as the 356 type.

It's a long shot though, I grant that. Just looking, probably futilely, for an alternative the the same old thing.

Why do Porsche insist on colouring everything in the interior to the same colour? I know we all have different tastes but to me some of the colour schemes are simply overbearing due to the unrelenting use of the single colour for all plastics, dash, leather, carpets and rooflining. I much prefer Audi and BMW's approach where only the seats and door card inserts are coloured in certain schemes and then mated to a black dash, black rooflining and black carpets to give a nice two tone contrast. It would be nice if they at least gave you the option particularly if you are ordering the costly full leather options.

Some of their previous interior colours were dubious to say the least but they appear to have improved the 987 and 997 options considerably. Sand beige for instance is a huge step forward from Savanah which was a very odd mustard colour.

Palm Green in a Cayenne....

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Why do Porsche insist on colouring everything in the interior to the same colour? I know we all have different tastes but to me some of the colour schemes are simply overbearing due to the unrelenting use of the single colour for all plastics, dash, leather, carpets and rooflining. I much prefer Audi and BMW's approach where only the seats and door card inserts are coloured in certain schemes and then mated to a black dash, black rooflining and black carpets to give a nice two tone contrast. It would be nice if they at least gave you the option particularly if you are ordering the costly full leather options.

Some of their previous interior colours were dubious to say the least but they appear to have improved the 987 and 997 options considerably. Sand beige for instance is a huge step forward from Savanah which was a very odd mustard colour.

Brother ISUK speaketh the Words of Wisdom.
    Very true.
    Even tho they HAVE improved, it still -to some extent- look like they emptied a bucket of whatever color was at hand all over the cabin.
    The Cayenne pictured e.g. I hope I dont offend anyone by saying "Green dash and a mustard/orangy wheel?" Yikes.
    You can actually get away with most color combinations if you keep the matched colors the SAME SATURATION.
    If you dont...it ends up looking like a Porsche

Quote:
    rsgl said:
    Don't know what a wind-up is, but I was thinking of painting a tree on the doors and campaigning for the end of gasoline engines. Wonder what a Porsche engine will feel like when we have a new energy system in place.

Without having seen the Palm Green interior I don't know if I'd like it. I can imagine a white/green car I'd like though; it's in the vein of a white with blue car....but it's green. A green interior has been a Porsche option as far back as the 356 type.

It's a long shot though, I grant that. Just looking, probably futilely, for an alternative the the same old thing.

"Wind-up" / "winding someone up" = British equivalent of "joke" or "kidding someone".
    ...in case you were still wondering

Having said that, unless you plan on keeping the car forever, consoder the resell value and hassle of a car with a too special color scheme.
    White car with green interior might actually work for you, but when reselling it: unless you just love white, I think you have to be a girl or live in Florida to like a white Porsche. Combine that with green interior, and I think youre in even more trouble resell wise.
    I would seriously consider NOT picking the green.
    Stick to "normal" colors and pick the one less blah for your own entertainment.

The easiest way of testing your resell hassle, is posting a poll in here asking what combo people would prefer.
    Just my 2 cents

Quote:
    ISUK said:

This is why I ordered "deviating carpet color" of Metrolpol Blue with the grey interior for my Lapis 996TT Cab.

DrPhil, thanks for the lexical clarification. And for the further reality check concerning resale/resell.

I do believe white has been driven by a real man before. I recall quite a few serious white race cars too. However your point is, I hope, more that the market wouldn't want white. That's why, I suppose, I've always been a bit out of step with the "market".

My first Porsche was a Slate Gray; but not the metallic kind! 'Twas from 1964, and a beautiful non-metallic color, one which I'd have again in a minute if it was offered, or if one did not have to pay $4,315 extra (option 98) for. I always prefer the non-metallic colors--out of step with the market again.

I'll most likely go Seal Gray, with black interior in the end, if it matters. Black's too scratch prone, yellow and red are too loud, white's too white....

I'd like to see the black/gray interior; that might help, at some extra cost; I agree with ISUK.

Quote:
    rsgl said:
    DrPhil, thanks for the lexical clarification. And for the further reality check concerning resale/resell.

You're welcome

I do believe white has been driven by a real man before. I recall quite a few serious white race cars too. However your point is, I hope, more that the market wouldn't want white. That's why, I suppose, I've always been a bit out of step with the "market".

Yup, that was my point. I love white for some cars, but IMHO a white Porsche (unless it's the RS models) look too cokedealer'ish or too girlish. Like I said, that's just MY opinion. Forgetting myself for a minute, I believe the market as such will have a harder time accepting a white Porsche than, say, a grey.

My first Porsche was a Slate Gray; but not the metallic kind! 'Twas from 1964, and a beautiful non-metallic color, one which I'd have again in a minute if it was offered, or if one did not have to pay $4,315 extra (option 98) for. I always prefer the non-metallic colors--out of step with the market again.

I'll most likely go Seal Gray, with black interior in the end, if it matters.
    Black's too scratch prone, yellow and red are too loud, white's too white....

I agree totally. I'd go for Arctic Silver, Seal grey or perhaps black

I'd like to see the black/gray interior; that might help, at some extra cost; I agree with ISUK.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690983 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410126 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256179 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235403 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858782 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775097 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM