Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Great shots of the Ferrari F430 from L.A.

nice pics. Are those pedals off-center like the older 308's?

Tom

Quote:
    jomana123456 said:
    Page 1:
    http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=3827
    Page 2:
    http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=3826

Ben and I attended yesterday. By far the best display was the Porsche pavilion. Typical Ferrari the general public was not allow into their pavilion and left to view the cars outside the roped off area. Of course Ben and I were admitted and allowed to sit in the cars.

The 430 looks much better in person. Very aggressive look. However, color is critical to the appearance of this car and last week I was allowed to change my order to red. It is scheduled to be built this month.

However there may be an issue for 430 deliveries in the US. I believe RC alluded to this a couple of weeks ago. Because of the horrible exchange rate, it is possible Ferrari is delaying building cars for the US. It is my understanding not one US dealer has taken delivery despite the fact several of their allocations were used and put into the ordering system.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    ...By far the best display was the Porsche pavilion. Typical Ferrari the general public was not allow into their pavilion and left to view the cars outside the roped off area. Of course Ben and I were admitted and allowed to sit in the cars. ...

Thats because Porsche marketing department always designs their exhibit and for Ferrari, it always seems some local dealer is in charge of it. Wouldn't it be awesome, just awesome, if just once, Ferrari's marketing department designed the exhibit?

The 430 looks much better in person. Very aggressive look. However, color is critical to the appearance of this car and last week I was allowed to change my order to red. It is scheduled to be built this month.

nb ,I see by the photos that a yellow 430 was on display as well. I have ordered mine as yellow with all black interior, race seats, yellow stitching , yellow callipers. Some of the shots I've seen of the car , yellow looks great , other shots it looks very ordinary. Is yellow a safe bet Also I am prefering carbon options for the interior rather than alluminium. Any advice??
    rock on

Quote:
    scud said:

nb ,I see by the photos that a yellow 430 was on display as well. I have ordered mine as yellow with all black interior, race seats, yellow stitching , yellow callipers. Some of the shots I've seen of the car , yellow looks great , other shots it looks very ordinary. Is yellow a safe bet Also I am prefering carbon options for the interior rather than alluminium. Any advice??
    rock on

i think the four of us agreed the rear doesn't look too good in the yellow because of the contrast of the red rear tail lights and turn signals. it looked much better in the red where they blended in.

I like the aluminium interior! Think it looks better than the carbon version...

Quote:
    scud said:

rock on

Yellow looks great on the car. Ben is correct that the red taillights appear more prominent in yellow. Your interior selection is close to what they had on display. They did not have yellow stitching on the race seats but on the dash.

FWIW carbon options look good depending on the color interior.Either way you cannot go wrong because there are only a couple of areas which are impacted nlike the 360. The carbon is above the center console and on the vents that is it. In the 360, carbon was on both door panels and entry steps. Not so in the 430.

really can't wait for the spider version anymore, anyone having a clue on when to expect it?

Quote:
    elysium said:
    really can't wait for the spider version anymore, anyone having a clue on when to expect it?

My sources tell me that it will be available for Europe this summer. Unfortunately I am also told that for the US it has beeen pushed back towrd the end of 2005 or early 2006. Reason is the exchange rate.

I'm afraid the cars availebility won't be much of importance for me the next couple of years being a student, but as "daydreaming-food" I can't await the presentation Should be in just 2-4 months then if you're sources are correct..

Ahh, Sweet dreams are made of this!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    scud said:

rock on

Yellow looks great on the car. Ben is correct that the red taillights appear more prominent in yellow. Your interior selection is close to what they had on display. They did not have yellow stitching on the race seats but on the dash.

FWIW carbon options look good depending on the color interior.Either way you cannot go wrong because there are only a couple of areas which are impacted nlike the 360. The carbon is above the center console and on the vents that is it. In the 360, carbon was on both door panels and entry steps. Not so in the 430.

thanks

Quote:

what was your original color choice then?

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

I don't remember the name, but it was medium metallic blue. Mirabeau (?) something like that.

Gary

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

Mirabeau (?) something like that.

Gary

yep, that was it which was the same color on one of the 612s on display at the LA show.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    yep, that was it which was the same color on one of the 612s on display at the LA show.

I was surprised looking at the color options on the wall in the LA Auto Show how similar the 3 metallic blues are. Tour de France, NART, and Mirabeau were all pretty darn close, what I would call medium to dark metallic blues. BTW, I think the 430 would look great in any of these colors, but it's hard to argue against the Rosso Corsa.

Gary

but it's hard to argue against the Rosso Corsa.

Gary

and 'rosso scuderia ? what you think about that ?

Quote:
    jennyz said:

Gary

I love it on the CS, but it is so strongly identified with that car I would stay away from it on the 430, personally. The two colors I am considering for my order are Rosso Corsa and Titanium.

Gary

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:

Gary

I love it on the CS, but it is so strongly identified with that car I would stay away from it on the 430, personally. The two colors I am considering for my order are Rosso Corsa and Titanium.

Gary

Great colours! IMHO rosso scuderia has too much orange in it...

On preview night everyone was in the roped off area
    and no problem getting close up.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    elysium said:

My sources tell me that it will be available for Europe this summer. Unfortunately I am also told that for the US it has beeen pushed back towrd the end of 2005 or early 2006. Reason is the exchange rate.

I know the dollar has fallen a lot against the euro, but at todays rate of about 1.36 dollars to the euro, the base F1 would be about $173,000 here. (The base F1, in Europe, without the VAT, is about 127,000 euros) Does Ferrari consider that too expensive for the American market today? Or are they afraid the dollar will go lower and that Ferrari will start to loose money later this year? We want cars now!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776205 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441163 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262473 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260655 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85006 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5450 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880177 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815213 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM