Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Parting is such a sweet sorrow.....

dreamcar:
    Gnil:
    throt:

Porsche Jeck, hope that dude is okay. Yep, I remember the purchase of his T too. Smiley

Enjoing retirement ! He has been all over the place by car or sailing. We bumped into him in front of Porsche / Manthey at the Ring , he was getting his T serviced. 

Pleased to hear that, some years ago he came over here, and we fixed him up at the hotel in Beaulieu in the New Forest close to where we live 

--

VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

Always nice to see fellow RT members live. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

When I opened this thread and started reading I fully expected it to end on a sad note about how your Porsche ownership had come to an end. Great twist with the upgrade !! Here's to many happy and more comfortable miles for both of you wink

Enmanuel:

When I opened this thread and started reading I fully expected it to end on a sad note about how your Porsche ownership had come to an end. Great twist with the upgrade !! Here's to many happy and more comfortable miles for both of you wink

Thank you enmanuel - to quote Shakespeare “Good night, good night! Parting is such a sweet sorrow. That I shall say goodnight till it be tomorrow”

--

Congrats! These seem to have quite a cult following - enjoy in good health. 

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, X3 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

Many congrats dreamcar. It's the perfect upgrade in size & comfort while still being sporty. 

--

2018 White 911 GT3

bridggar:

Congrats! These seem to have quite a cult following - enjoy in good health. 

They do! Smiley Although the followers prefer the “pure” manual transmission cars with no rear seats etc. The “less is more” philosophy. I guess having what is supposed to be a lightweight model then adding 18 way seats, glass sunroof, PDK, rear seats etc does defeat the object, and horror of horrors ours has all those! Smiley

--

Gauss:

Many congrats dreamcar. It's the perfect upgrade in size & comfort while still being sporty. 

Thanks Gauss Smiley Hopefully it will be ours by the end of next week! Smiley

--

Thank you everyone for your best wishes, it is much appreciated! Smiley Smiley

--

Many congrats DC, what a great choice! kiss

I have to say, I really like the 991 and especially the 991.2. Your Carrera T looks perfect, can‘t go wrong with black, lovely wheels and it‘s good to have some amenities, you won‘t regret. indecision

Enjoy in good health! wink

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

DC, a little sad to see a Boxster fan moving to the 911, but I’m glad your post was not about leaving RT! Take care of yourself and SWMBO, I wish you many years of high quality cruising!

Rossi:

Many congrats DC, what a great choice! kiss

I have to say, I really like the 991 and especially the 991.2. Your Carrera T looks perfect, can‘t go wrong with black, lovely wheels and it‘s good to have some amenities, you won‘t regret. indecision

Enjoy in good health! wink

Thank you Rossi Smiley

--

mcdelaug:

DC, a little sad to see a Boxster fan moving to the 911, but I’m glad your post was not about leaving RT! Take care of yourself and SWMBO, I wish you many years of high quality cruising!

Hi mcdelaug Smiley yes, sad to see the Boxster gone, the last in a line of three Boxsters our favourite one was the cobalt blue 987/1 Boxster S we took a lot of time specifying, did it properly and collected from the factory in Stuttgart and have so many happy touring holidays and memories with that car. Biggest motoring mistake we ever made was selling it. At around the same time easy_rider did exactly the same with his GT silver 911, he didn’t make the same mistake, still has the same car 14 years later and still enjoys it. Selling that lovely blue Boxster was the only time my wife was in tears as we walked away from it for the last time. The GTS was a better car in every way, but we never had the same connection with it. I’m a lot older now (if probably no wiser) Smiley and we now need more creature comforts than a Boxster / Cayman can provide. Even now at last there is a GTS with a proper naturally aspirated engine again, the appeal for us just isn’t there. The Carrera T although not a new car it is specified very closely to what we would have done had we ordered it from new. We were both unanimous as soon as we drove it that the car just felt “right”. 

--

Enmanuel:

Yeah, he almost gave me a heart attack too. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:
    Enmanuel:

Yeah, he almost gave me a heart attack too. Smiley

SmileySmiley Don’t worry I don’t’ give up the Porsche “addiction” that easily, although I admit it was SWMBO who was determined for us to buy the car, even more than I was, after the realisation had come that it was time to part company with the Boxster. Losing my best friend to cancer earlier this dreadful year in a way also played its part, “living the day” perhaps becomes more significant as you get older (even if not wiser) Smiley

--

Smiley I meant "almost", not "always", sorry. Corrected it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Congrats Tim! You had me fooled for a second there as well, happy to hear you're not forced to dismiss sports cars due to health issues! Enjoy the 991, it's a stunner!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:

Congrats Tim! You had me fooled for a second there as well, happy to hear you're not forced to dismiss sports cars due to health issues! Enjoy the 991, it's a stunner!

Many thanks Joost Smiley

--

I was braced to hear Porsche SUV which is not a bad thing and still in the Porsche family. Then I hear that SWMBO approved of a 911 !   Pleasantly surprising alteration to the expected story line.

As others noted, I was "concerned" when I read the title of your post, immediately followed by an instant relieve.  Perfect choice for a household of two I'd say. Please write more about your impressions and BR to SMWBO from an unknown German.

- Rick

Well done Tim - you had me going with the thread title...!!

Very important to have the approval of one's better half - hope you and SWMBO have many happy times in the T.

Looking forward to more photos when you take delivery....

--

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."

Congrats on the T Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Gladstone:

I was braced to hear Porsche SUV which is not a bad thing and still in the Porsche family. Then I hear that SWMBO approved of a 911 !   Pleasantly surprising alteration to the expected story line.

Hi Gladstone, as mentioned we looked at many alternatives from many manufacturers, my wife who has hip issues would have found the step up into an SUV too high, we looked very seriously at a Macan, just as well as one of the options we looked at was something completely different, totally unsporting but very comfortable and unbeatable reliability was a Lexus RX450h, but we don’t need a vehicle as big and unwieldy as that. We tried BMW’s various models but again she finds the seats uncomfortable, she doesn’t even really get on too well with the seats in our daily drive Golf GTI, and I was disappointed with the comfort after a long drive to see my daughter and first grandchild recently. Volvo much like Lexus have zero driver appeal, but all the reviews state how unreliable they are, in fact the XC-90 is the UK’s most unreliable new car according to a Which? survey of owners, born out by the horrendous experience we had with a Volvo that was my daily drive pre Golf. And even worse, Volvo are Chinese owned. Smiley  We know that the 14 way Porsche seats are fine, we had them a while back in our much loved second Boxster, and the 18 way seats in the 911 have even greater adjustability with the side bolsters. When we went down to look at the 911 last week we spent a very long time ensuring access and egress was easy, assuming at some stage she may have a hip replacement, exceeding a 90 degree angle is not an option, the wider opening doors and the seats running much further back than they did in the Boxster resolved that issue and  combined  with the much better ride quality sealed it for us. I never thought that the 911 would be so adaptable or comfortable to be honest, even before trying one I thought it would be a real long shot. All’s well that ends well as they say!

--

John H:

Well done Tim - you had me going with the thread title...!!

Very important to have the approval of one's better half - hope you and SWMBO have many happy times in the T.

Looking forward to more photos when you take delivery....

Thanks John, trust you and Carol are well. Smiley

--

schmoell:

As others noted, I was "concerned" when I read the title of your post, immediately followed by an instant relieve.  Perfect choice for a household of two I'd say. Please write more about your impressions and BR to SMWBO from an unknown German.

- Rick

Thank you Rick, unknown maybe  but we are all part of the RT “family”  SmileyYour best wishes passed on. Yes of course once we have taken delivery and driven a few miles we will post a review and more photographs  Smiley

--

Grant:

Congrats on the T Smiley

Thank you Grant Smiley

--

Losing my best friend to cancer earlier this dreadful year in a way also played its part, “living the day” perhaps becomes more significant as you get older (even if not wiser) Smiley

I completely understand this. I had a week of vacation scheduled in July, but had terrible sciatica the entire time, and barely recovered after that “vacation week” was over. I declared to my wife that “deferred gratification was officially over” and promptly ordered the Evo RWD Spyder. Fortunately my back has recovered well, but I’m through with waiting. The time is now.

mcdelaug:
    Losing my best friend to cancer earlier this dreadful year in a way also played its part, “living the day” perhaps becomes more significant as you get older (even if not wiser) Smiley

I completely understand this. I had a week of vacation scheduled in July, but had terrible sciatica the entire time, and barely recovered after that “vacation week” was over. I declared to my wife that “deferred gratification was officially over” and promptly ordered the Evo RWD Spyder. Fortunately my back has recovered well, but I’m through with waiting. The time is now.

Very sorry to hear about your affliction, sciatica is horrible, not had it myself fortunately but no people who have, and pleased you have recovered well.

It was announced yesterday that England is to have a Covid lockdown for a month starting next Thursday, unfortunately this will almost inevitably mean delaying collection until December. Even if I could take the car earlier, I wouldn’t be able to use it so why pay, tax and insure a car for a month just to sit in my garage? I was in the dealership on Saturday discussing a few points, and they seem content to wait until then, as an alternative they even offered to deliver the car to my home in a transporter if the restrictions wouldn’t permit to drive to collect it, as it’s hardly an essential journey!

--

Frustrating to hear that, but I would be tempted to take it by transporter since they offered. You might like the diversion a new car provides as Covid intensifies... Either way, very happy for you!

mcdelaug:

Frustrating to hear that, but I would be tempted to take it by transporter since they offered. You might like the diversion a new car provides as Covid intensifies... Either way, very happy for you!

Would add a bit of theatre to have the car delivered in a Porsche branded vehicle transporter, would certainly be a first for me! Smiley

--

dreamcar:
    mcdelaug:

Would add a bit of theatre to have the car delivered in a Porsche branded vehicle transporter, would certainly be a first for me! Smiley

Plus, during lockdown you could give her a good rub Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    808416 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    450177 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267602 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90832 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7750 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

888200 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    837161 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM