Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016)

SciFrog:

Still slower than a Tesla angry

At least until the Tesla hits a truck or a wall.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:

People are starting to realize cars are not gadgets where you can play with software beta testing Smiley

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Milanno:
    bluelines:

People are starting to realize cars are not gadgets where you can play with software beta testing Smiley

User Acceptance Testing, the hard way Smiley

--

bluelines:
    SciFrog:

Still slower than a Tesla angry

Or the battery overheats or has its voltage sag after first lap...

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

RC:
    SciFrog:

The wagon makes sense, the sedan luggage space is too small for a family car...

Do you really think someone chooses the Panamera as a family car?

I know so many BMW 7 series and S class owners and none of them is using their car(s) as a family car, more as a business car to commute comfortably.

I am seriously considering a RS6 as a family car though because in my opinion, this car offers a lot for the money. I just wish the RS6 would be a bit shorter (it is a pretty long car) and in winter time, I would be worried about ground clearance. No RS6 would have been able to go where I went with my Jeep GC SRT last winter in Austria...the snow was pretty high and the roads were not cleaned in Lech/Zuers. Ground clearance is the only concern I have with the RS6.

The Panamera Turbo as an alternative? I burned myself once with that first gen Turbo S, I won't do it again. 

As a family car, the Panamera would never be my top choice, sorry.

Ironic considering you talk about how everyone needs the back seats in a 911 LOL.

SciFrog:

All these Panamera pics scream elegance, not sportiness... No wonder it is mostly women driving it here...

Smiley

I like the gadgets, the screens, technology and the interior as a whole. But I don't get the right feeling for the exterior. In my opinion there's no clear direction and can't find a Porsche character even not any character at all. The old one has polarized but you clearly knew it is a Panamera. Some hated the design others  loved it. The new one you can't even hate. There's nothing which make any feeling.Smiley

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016) BMW 740xDrive (2016)

Currently driving RS6 (560hp version), feel the car is very stealth and extremely powerful, and extremely stable when its wet.  The downfall of RS6 is its heavy front makes the car feel heavy, but still does well on twisties, but the interior feels extremely outdated when it compared with the new Panamera.  The interior of Panamera is just soo fresh and high tech. looking....  seriously considering replace my RS6 for the panamera, but its a lot more expensive and heavier than RS6.... I had promised myself not to get another heavy car anymore.... regardless of how much power, the weight is always the issue.....

Get an FF or a Lusso. You won't look back. 

bluelines:
    W8MM:
    Wonderbar:

The Panamera might look elegant but with acceleration of 3.5 seconds to 60 mph and a top speed of 190 miles an hour--I would say elegant and powerful.wink

Exactly!

The perfect sleeper.

It is a Porsche. To most people not a sleeper 

That is indeed a serious issue for many Panamera Diesel owners: People expect extreme performance but... I know a guy who had a Panamera Diesel as a business car and he got "hunted" on the Autobahn by other drivers because apparently everyone expected the Panamera to be super fast. Wasn't fun to him at all, he now drives a Mercedes S class. The Panamera is definitely no sleeper and if you drive anything below the Turbo, have fun on the Autobahn here because you will have many idiots in your rear mirror who want to "take" on you.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

huangester:

Currently driving RS6 (560hp version), feel the car is very stealth and extremely powerful, and extremely stable when its wet.  The downfall of RS6 is its heavy front makes the car feel heavy, but still does well on twisties, but the interior feels extremely outdated when it compared with the new Panamera.  The interior of Panamera is just soo fresh and high tech. looking....  seriously considering replace my RS6 for the panamera, but its a lot more expensive and heavier than RS6.... I had promised myself not to get another heavy car anymore.... regardless of how much power, the weight is always the issue.....

I agree, the RS6 interior is outdated and needs a refresh...the next generation (not just a facelift) is due latest 2018 as far as I heard and standard power for the RS6 is going to be 600 hp flat as far as I heard. The Performance version will hit 650 hp and the car is rumored to be at least 50 kg lighter. This is going to be interesting. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

That is indeed a serious issue for many Panamera Diesel owners: People expect extreme performance but... I know a guy who had a Panamera Diesel as a business car and he got "hunted" on the Autobahn by other drivers because apparently everyone expected the Panamera to be super fast. Wasn't fun to him at all, he now drives a Mercedes S class. The Panamera is definitely no sleeper and if you drive anything below the Turbo, have fun on the Autobahn here because you will have many idiots in your rear mirror who want to "take" on you.

This is 100% true! I was passenger in Audi S6 C7 in a situation where we met Panamera Turbo and instant reaction from my friend was I must catch that Porsche Smiley

--

Milanno:
    RC:

This is 100% true! I was passenger in Audi S6 C7 in a situation where we met Panamera Turbo and instant reaction from my friend was I must catch that Porsche Smiley

And the guy in The Porsche was relaxed and let pass your friend - that what I would do Smiley 

--

AM

ALDO:
    Milanno:
    RC:

And the guy in The Porsche was relaxed and let pass your friend - that what I would do Smiley 

Good one but not always easy to achieve. Smiley

--

ALDO:
    Milanno:
    RC:

You do that and the idiot gets in front of you just to immediately slow down to his previous cruising speed forcing you to slow down too.

Happens all the time.....

ALDO:

No. Response from Panamera driver was positive so we made few pulls just for fun. After that he stepped on gas and yeah, he pretty much disappeared in front of us Smiley

--

RC:
    ALDO:
    Milanno:
    RC:

This is a very honest post RC SmileySmiley

RC:
    ALDO:
    Milanno:
    RC:

That's why I will never go near Panamera 4s and Cayenne S with v6 (including v6 turbo form) engines despite, what Porsche claims in hp figures...they still drive like v6 in normal street conditions without heavy acceleration...

...also what I see here, all "uber" sedans/ upper luxury models are cannibalized by Tesla's, upper class bmw, audi are nonexistent on the streets. Instead Teslas are present everywhere in my area...Smiley

RC:
    ALDO:
    Milanno:
    RC:

RC is the guy who steps on the gas so people don't catch him Smiley

Conny997:
    SciFrog:

All these Panamera pics scream elegance, not sportiness... No wonder it is mostly women driving it here...

Smiley

I like the gadgets, the screens, technology and the interior as a whole. But I don't get the right feeling for the exterior. In my opinion there's no clear direction and can't find a Porsche character even not any character at all. The old one has polarized but you clearly knew it is a Panamera. Some hated the design others  loved it. The new one you can't even hate. There's nothing which make any feeling.Smiley

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016) BMW 740xDrive (2016)

+1, I agree 100%, at least from the pictures.  The car looks great, but leaves me cold.  And although it looks modern, it "just" looks like how the original one should have looked like from the beginning.  One of the issues is the third window at the C-pillar, it makes it lose its character and look generic, just like the  current Quattroporte compared with the previous one, which added this design element too. 

RC:
    bluelines:
    W8MM:
    Wonderbar:

The Panamera might look elegant but with acceleration of 3.5 seconds to 60 mph and a top speed of 190 miles an hour--I would say elegant and powerful.wink

Exactly!

The perfect sleeper.

It is a Porsche. To most people not a sleeper 

A few "wanownaporsche" in Audis trying to race you is not the problem with the autobahn. It all idiot that sees a truck MILES away and immediately change to left lane and drive there for mile after mile, 3 km/h faster than the truck...SmileySmiley Combined with some road work and you have....STAU....!!!! And Audi ??! Come on...Smiley

On a different topic - does anyone know if the new Panamera 4S Diesel have the same diesel engine as the new SQ7? I was expecting that but I see it is a bit down on power and torque compared to the SQ7 and no mention is made of the electric "turbo". I did see that it develops its maximum torque already from 1,000rpm which is the same as the SQ7 and much lower than the old V8 diesel as still found in the Cayenne S Diesel?

it should be the same Diesel but without the electric, as it should be mentioned as tech. support as a feature if they have it on......    Hwever, the weight of gas/Diesel is 150kg lighter... obviously that's a no brainer to get the petrol than diesel.....    

Had tried to configured 4S with options I want.... man... its soo expensive.....  and turbo is just out of question expensive with all of the options on....  

as much as I adored the new Panamera interior.... that kind of price is just make me think twice of getting this 4 seater car.....

huangester:

it should be the same Diesel but without the electric, as it should be mentioned as tech. support as a feature if they have it on......    Hwever, the weight of gas/Diesel is 150kg lighter... obviously that's a no brainer to get the petrol than diesel.....    

Audi has incorporated an additional 48 Volt circuit for the electric supercharger. I assume that Porsche, considering the weight difference to the gasoline 4S, dismissed that technology. On top of that, Audi seems to have developed that technology on their own and I doubt they will pass that feature on to other Volkswagen brands that easily...

Smiley

Ferdie:
    huangester:

Audi has incorporated an additional 48 Volt circuit for the electric supercharger. I assume that Porsche, considering the weight difference to the gasoline 4S, dismissed that technology. On top of that, Audi seems to have developed that technology on their own and I doubt they will pass that feature on to other Volkswagen brands that easily...

Smiley

The 48 Volt electric supply is an huge effort. Volvo is installing a tiny compressor to give a spin to the Turbo. Both more or less do the same - giving a Turbo-Jump-Start. 

Let's see how the others will do this!

Volvo is a leader in innovation yet again indecision

--

Interesting video describing some of the adaptive aero tech in the new Panamera:

Lukas:

Interesting video describing some of the adaptive aero tech in the new Panamera:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvWAHvX0wEg

btw, am I the only one who can't successfully embedd videos? They display fine when i write the message, but when posting the Video frame just turn up empty Smiley

No , I have been video challenged from the start.

You need to copy the embedding code from the YouTube video (just right click on it...) and use the embed media feature of this editor (see above bar).

--

RC - Thanks.  I was wondering the same.  Does it work with tweets that have embedded videos too?  I tried what you described to embed these specific tweets a few weeks ago and the video would not show up, only the tweet with a link to the video.

Ziggy:

RC - Thanks.  I was wondering the same.  Does it work with tweets that have embedded videos too?  I tried what you described to embed these specific tweets a few weeks ago and the video would not show up, only the tweet with a link to the video.

Don't have a clue, never tried tweets with embedded video. Smiley Maybe Aron can help?

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760880 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434480 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260070 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257198 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80780 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871391 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806601 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM