Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Schumacher attitudes??

Phil, yes schummi has an attitude (I can't stand him either), but those prejudistic generalizations you make about italians... you don't get out much do you?
    Aside the fact that italians have nothing to prove to anyone when it comes to car racing since the very dawn of motorsport, and motorcycling racing as well, given their renn-history. Its not the first time they win at the races besides, just because its called Ferrari doens't mean that the F1 team is ade of italians, the guts of the team is a constallation of mercenaries from all over the world, who today are in Ferrari and tomorrow in another team... just like the Inter Milan or Juventus.

You don't think one team is so much better than the others? I think it is occasionally happen in any sport like Tiger Wood few years ago in Golf, Chicago Bulls in early 90s and LA in late 90s for Basketball, France won several big titles in soccer few years ago.

Their production cars is not as reliable as their race cars? Yes or No. The race car is only decided to race for 1 day before, 1 weekend race in 2004 and 2 weekend race for 2005. I think their production car is better. But seriously, the tech uses for F1 and production car are far far away to call any similar.

Yes, every teams cheat to some degree depends on whether other teams or the regulator found it, same as other sport too. But their old F1 cars are for sale several years later. I'm sure if other teams really think Ferrari made any cheat that is the primary reason for them to win, they will investiage it and will be a big headline sport news.

He was speeding in the pit? Are you measured it by yourself? You think other teams are stupid and won't complaint?

He has attuides? I don't know any example? From public speeches (at least), he is good and better than a lot of other drivers.

I found that it is my longest post.

Well, you may all be right.That the stars simple align perfectly over the Ferrari Team..five years straight.
    Maybe they are just better that the rest.
    Maybe BMW, Reneault, Mercedes...the lot, simply cannot construct and service F1 cars the way Ferrari can.
    Maybe Schumi isnt the devil in germannic attire, but a driving god.
    Maybe the international hotchpot of people that constitute the Ferrari team is in no way influenced by their very Italian owners..

Maybe Schumi never cheats and never gets away with things others couldnt.
    Maybe other teams and drivers did not complain over Schumis driving several times- maybe that never happened.

Maybe a driver with so much ambition he is willing to kill opponents by running them off the track is just a normal F1 driver.
    Maybe such a driver can change his attitude all together.

Of course I dont have the answers, I just have my theories and suspecions.

You make up your own mind-Im curious to hear your input.

Quote:
    OAB said:

- I don't remember Senna driving a totally useless car like the 1996 Ferrari (when Schumacher moved as double world champion from Benetton)
    - Senna and Schumacher were driving against each other for quite some time - in particular in 1994 when Senna was in the best car (Williams) and was totally outclassed by Schumacher (until Senna died in the crash)

- I remember some races of Schumacher (such as the "water battle" in Spain in 1996) when he was 3sec a lap faster than anybody else on the track

Senna drove for the tolman team when they were a back marker and he put on an amazing show of talent at monaco which got him noticed. He succeeded in a POS.

Of the 3 races that they went head to head in 94 senna had pole in all 3. Pole back then was all driver.

No one put on a better show in the rain than senna at portugal where he lapped the field with ease in a non-dominant car.

Schumacher is in the top drivers of all time but not the best, just one of the best for raw talent. But he was never tested like the others in the 80's.
    Schumacher is the one who saw to assembling the dominant team of internationals that he now leads.As to personality, he is a cold fish, but that is not his fault.

Tom

Quote:
    DrPhil said:
    Well, you may all be right.That the stars simple align perfectly over the Ferrari Team..five years straight.
    Maybe they are just better that the rest

Yes, as I said it happened in other sports like Chicago Bulls win 6 titles in 7 years the missing title is because Micheal Jordon is temp retired. Remember, he almost lost for title in 2003
    Quote:
    Maybe BMW, Reneault, Mercedes...the lot, simply cannot construct and service F1 cars the way Ferrari can.

Well, they did well before as in Fanch's post.
    Quote:
    Maybe Schumi isnt the devil in germannic attire, but a driving god.

I'm not Germany, I don't know what germanic attire is, but his driving skill is top if not the best.
    Quote:
    Maybe the international hotchpot of people that constitute the Ferrari team is in no way influenced by their very Italian owners.

Well, they works for their owners. So?
    Quote:
    Maybe Schumi never cheats and never gets away with things others couldnt.

Did I say every teams cheat?
    Quote:
    Maybe other teams and drivers did not complain over Schumis driving several times- maybe that never happened.

As I said, are you measured by yourself? How come you know he cheats but other teams don't?
    Quote:
    Maybe a driver with so much ambition he is willing to kill opponents by running them off the track is just a normal F1 driver.

Doesn't wheels on wheels action is normal in open wheel racings?
    Quote:
    Maybe such a driver can change his attitude all together.

If he has, he certainly need to change. And so do you regarding your comments about itialians and germanic.

Quote:
    DrPhil said:
    I agree, Shumacher is arguably the best drive right now. Or should I say, the one who is getting the most out of his material.

However (and call me paranoid if you like) I believe that in a few years we will klnow just how much the new technology (from tractioncontrol to antispin via computer coding and hacking and radio eavesdropping) have affected the sport.
    I believe some teams- and Ferrari being one- are abusing this technology.
    We all know they couldnt track the election tampering in Florida where a hidden software program changed the result og the election, so no doubt we have the same challenge in F1.

Some teams tamper, cheat and play dirty tricks.
    I believe Ferrari is one of them.
    Why?
    It is simply inconceiveable to me, that one team is so much better than the others. Consider the opponents: Car makers with the same money, the same technology and known to produce far more reliable cars (in real life)...and they all suck compared to Ferrari? I think not.
    Its also hard to believe that an F1 team has virtually no technical malfunctions, meltdowns or other crucial problems during 3-5 years of racing. With hundreds of people on the team, tons of tech parts that can malfunction, it's unlikely that nothing goes wrong more often.
    And lets face it, the cars are built by italians for crying out loud.
    Please name ONE car built in Italy, that doesnt have either parts that fall off for nothing, breaks down for no reason or behaves strangely in some way.
    Even my buddy's 360 spider was like that. It was better, but it was still not dependable.
    Now suddenly, they build F1 cars that never break down? Niiice.

Furthermore I find it amazing that the Italians, who change government 4 times a year, have invented corruption and spawned the Mafia are suddenly totally professional, disciplined and -not least- fairplaying sportsmen?
    Hmmm....

I'm in no way after italians as a people, but merely pointing out, that based on results and history, it's a totally different Italian attitude altogether, innit?

Look at disciplinary fines, penalties etc on the track.
    Most drivers get penalized immediately for speeding, being too aggressive etc.
    When Schumi crosses a wrong line, drives too fast in the pit lane etc..what happens? NOTHING!
    How can this be? Oh, no- the Italian team behind Schumi is of course not bribing anyone...hell, theyre italians. Theyre not like that at all....

Personally, I dont like Schumi.
    His attitude sucks big time, and if it wasnt for the Darth Vader-effect he brings to the races (he makes me wanna pop his helmet and empty a double barrel lasergun into the opening) i'd just as soon he retired and kept to himself on his farm in Baden-Baden-Schladen-Fladen-SchlitzBaden.

I wonder on which basis you said all the above. I accept opinions only on possibly valid and LOGIC basis. Your isn't logic but it is comparing a country with a F1 Team and car which is nonesense.
    Comparing actual street production with an F1 car has no sense. I guess you don't even have the minimum idea of how a F1 engine is built and what components is made off.
    You accuse the Ferrari F1 Team of corruption and cheats. On which basis do you say this? Comparing a Team and MANAGEMENT which is international to a Italian reputation of corruption (you better open you eyes in terms of corruption because Italy is far away behinf in comparison to many dominant countries)?

Come on, hope you kidding.

Well, Im not kidding. Sorry.
    Maybe if we all just took everything at face value, I would agreee with you.
    Im not saying I am right, or that I know this for a fact. Of course I dont.
    Im saying there are so many (in my opinion) strange things going on at once, that you either choose to believe that the Ferrari winning streak is due to part hard work and part heavenly intervention OR you choose to believe something else.

Sorry of I came across as "I know this for a fact", cuz I dont.
    What I DO know is that Schumi several times deliberately tried to run opponents off the track, with total disregard to rules, safety and sportsmanship. This is not theory, this is fact. Do I have to mention why he lost his title some years ago?

I dont like Schumi for a number of reasons, the very last one being the fact that he is a good driver. He is excellent.
    But I choose to believe Ferraris complete dominance is not ONLY a result of hard work.

I may be seeing things, I may have too much conspiracy theory on my mind...but this is what I suspect.

Someone said ; How do they cheat their car into lasting race after race without breaking down?
    Good question.
    Following my paranoid theory, I think all teams could make a car that lasted, but I believe regulations make that pretty hard.
    Maybe if one bent the regulations a bit, it wouldnt be so hard?

Damn! Gotta run! FBI is outside my window stalking me....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775957 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441033 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262390 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260575 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84973 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5450 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880060 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815055 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM