Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: AMV8 Ring Laptime

Ben is correct. I think the production run was supposed to be somewhere between 2000-3000 copies, but don't quote me on that. This is relative exclusivity compared to the equivalent Porsche offering, but it may not be enough for some.

BTW, if and when the supercharged version is released, I'm not sure that production will increase for the American market. You will simply specify which model you want and total AMV8 builds will stay the same. Seem logically sound here? That is how it has been working for the Vanquish...

There is also one additional selling point for the AMV8. If it sounds as good as the Vanquish, that alone would make it worth the price. The sound is as good if not better than Ferrari.

The corporate guys who deal with CGT also deal with SKODA.
    I might not be a big fan of most American cars, but I haven't forgotten that the thing called automobile was invented by FORD.

Quote:
    997C2S said:
    The corporate guys who deal with CGT also deal with SKODA.
    I might not be a big fan of most American cars, but I haven't forgotten that the thing called automobile was invented by FORD.

I thought it was invented by Benz...

No, it was invented by John Malcom Hyundai .

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    shin said:
    I find it hard to believe that the AMV8 is faster than a GT3, but you're too biased against it when you said it's a GT. It is NOT a GT. The DB9 is. The AMV8 is a pure sports car like a 911.

You need to understand the way things work on this board. Any fast time around Holy Grail Ring can only be done by a Porsche. The rest of the cars are merely wannabee's who some how fudged their numbers to achieve the excellent result. Also, any car reviewer who finds another car better than Porsche does not know what he/she is talking about and must be immediately dismissed as being biased against Porsche.

Follow the above rules and you will do well on this board. Or you can be a crusader for balance and truth like me.

I have to say that at some point I agree with you

I think Benz invested the Automobile but Ford invented the assembly line for mass production.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:Outside of the GT2, GT3, TT and CGT motors, Porsche "know how" when it comes to motors hasn't been so impressive since 1997.

Gee - then what does that say about the fools that spend $450K on a CGT?

Curious if anyone has had chance to aggressively drive a DB9 in US yet....mixed reviews for DB9 in positively-biased Brit press; Vanquish has had an unremarkable/poor reputation for quality/reliability. Sat in a DB9 that is being prepped for a pal for delivery this wk (car will go into commuter duty)....and overwhelming impression is that interior of the 50% cheaper 997S is more elegantly put together and ergonomically useful than DB9's (DB9 had as many/more cheap touches/buttons/finishes, etc as/than most high-end Mercs/P, etc); look forward to driving DB9 in next few days, but expectations are low for its dynamic capabilities/experience vs 996TTS/SL65.....thus have similar doubts re: AMV8's capabilities vs 997S....in fact, most of car guys I know getting DB9 view it as a costume jewelry-like, fashionable car (like BentContGT) that may be a cool conversation piece for a few mths before car is traded-in....

Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:Outside of the GT2, GT3, TT and CGT motors, Porsche "know how" when it comes to motors hasn't been so impressive since 1997.

Gee - then what does that say about the fools that spend $450K on a CGT?

I didn't think it was too big a leap for you to realize the CGT was "inside" those impressive motors since 1997. The CGT motor is probably one of if not the best road going NA motors ever built.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    I didn't think it was too big a leap for you to realize the CGT was "inside" those impressive motors since 1997. The CGT motor is probably one of if not the best road going NA motors ever built.

Well of course it is - because you own one right? Let's see how fast your opinion changes after you trade for the next supercar flavor of the year. "The clutch sucks, the car is too low w/o the right suspension tuning, the styling is too conservative, it's a mass produced supercar, blah blah."

You're an interesting individual with some VERY strong (dogmatic) opinions. I learned a long time ago that "none", "never", "all" and "always" never are. Such blanket statements only make the person who says them look the fool.

Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

Well of course it is - because you own one right? Let's see how fast your opinion changes after you trade for the next supercar flavor of the year. "The clutch sucks, the car is too low w/o the right suspension tuning, the styling is too conservative, it's a mass produced supercar, blah blah."

You're an interesting individual with some VERY strong (dogmatic) opinions. I learned a long time ago that "none", "never", "all" and "always" never are. Such blanket statements only make the person who says them look the fool.

Jeff - Let's try to keep the tone a bit more civil - we're here to have fun

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Jeff - Let's try to keep the tone a bit more civil - we're here to have fun

Believe it or not, I actually did bite my tongue (or my typing fingers) a bit before posting. I've always had issues with dogma, hypocrisy, etc. (note: I'm not pointing any fingers) and perhaps the postings I was replying to weren't intended to contain such content. Nonetheless, that's what I read into them.

Agreed. We're all here to have fun. Let's all keep the slams on others' cars to a minimum. True, it would be incredibly boring if we all wrote "Kumbaya, we love Porsche". However, some of the content in certain postings by certain individuals, has the effect of criticizing the intelligence/loyalty/etc. of others on this board. My replies are only intended to counter such content where I feel it's misplaced. Feel free to censor if you must.

Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    [...] I learned a long time ago that "none", "never", "all" and "always" never are.

So if "never" never is, your statement is negating itself and thus "none", "never", "all" and "always" actually are!...

Greetings
    --Pierre

Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

Jeff, your arguing with us Cayenne owners about the existence and/or validity of our hesitation problem when you admit you don't even have one (ie: don't have a clue what you're talking about) just makes clear you're an arsehole who likes to argue. Save it for someone else because I'm not interested in feeding that illness. " "

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:

Jeff, your arguing with us Cayenne owners about the existence and/or validity of our hesitation problem when you admit you don't even have one (ie: don't have a clue what you're talking about) just makes clear you're an arsehole who likes to argue. Save it for someone else because I'm not interested in feeding that illness. " "

Grant, I rest my case.

Quote:
    Jeff (in SF) said:
    Agreed. We're all here to have fun... My replies are only intended to counter such content where I feel it's misplaced. Feel free to censor if you must.

No, I would never want to censor anyone, just think that we can argue about these things without getting too personal. As long as everyone has a thick skin that's fine, but it would be a shame if people felt uncomfortable here (it's a comfortable retreat for me...)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775765 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440912 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262349 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260533 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84950 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5450 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879952 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814904 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM