Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Basking in the warm morning sun...

N54RP is the latest addition to our fleet of H125e Airbus Helicopters. This photo from yesterday morning is on our roof-top heliport just before liftoff to a mountain training flight. The image below shows the Garmin multi-function and primary flight display with synthetic vision. Red is obviously not good when it comes to terrain warning ;)

The aircraft itself is almost brand new. The previous owner spared no expense when it came to picking options. It has full leather interior in beige with beautiful stitching (like in our Porsche cars), matching seat belts, and even the on-board fire extinguisher has a leather cover! 

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS  blush

Ow man, that's a beauty! My primary "aviation love" lies with military aviation, as they tend to be much more awesome machines than civil aviation. However in the rotorcraft area, the military has a habit of spoiling the beautiful machines by adding shitloads of sensors, antennae and other ugly protrusions to them. Seeing a sleek design as this H125e really makes me admire this beauty!
    Must be awesome to be able to fly with these synthetic vision screens! How is the agility of these babies? I can imagine that civilian helicopters are provided with hinged rotorblades for comfort purposes, which comes at a cost on the agility side? Did you ever fly rigid blade heli's like the tiger or the Bo-105?

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Ha ha Joost, I knew that you had other "love affairs". You can compare this baby to Porsche GT cars because it performs just like them. It feels light, fast, and handles very precisely thanks to the Starflex rotor head system. I have never flown the Bo 105 but would love to do so one day ;)

--

Thanks for the reply pilot! Never heard of that type of rotor head system, my knowledge stopped more or less at the level of hinged vs. fixed. It is so interesting to see the influence of new materials and new manufacturing techniques on our "everyday" life. If I look back on my time of paragliding; that hobby could not have existed were it not for the invention of lightweight, stretch-free materials and airtight coatings, and it seems to be the same with these composite rotor heads. I love this kind of tech!

--

Impressions from our Anniversary Day Celebration... 

I started the day by surprising Mrs. Pilot with a photo shoot at John Wayne Airport since this is something we had never done before. We arrived at the gate next to the control tower at 6:12 am to meet with one of my pilots that I train and fly with. With his help we were able to get clearance to pass security, but there was one tiny problem-- my wife had accidentally left her ID at home when she switched her purses. Since this whole plan was a surprise I didn't really think about it and forgot to mention it to her. Oops! Thankfully after a few phone calls and about a 10 minute wait with the engine at idle and the cabin kept comfortably warm we were cleared into the restricted area.

Hands down I can say this is one of my favorite photo shoots. We got so lucky with a mild, clear morning, interesting clouds and a sunrise that was perfect. Taking the photos was fluid and easy and I hope they show just how much I absolutely adore both subjects :)

After thanking my pilot and leaving the airport we continued to a nice hotel for breakfast. We were already both very hungry, but I had to quickly stop for fuel on the way because the RS was hungry too . At the restaurant we were given a window seat overlooking the blue Pacific ocean and naturally our conversation turned to talking about Sydney. The food was delicious and the service was excellent, as always. After finishing breakfast we sat outside in the garden to enjoy the warm morning sun and the scenery before starting to open the gift boxes and then we were off again with our GT3...

--

Lovely photos as always mate

996FourEss:

Lovely photos as always mate

Smiley Couldn't agree more. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Lucky girl, lucky man , lucky car .

Beautiful photos and the location is such a bonus . 

Congratulations on again,  another special anniversary . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Congratulations Mr. and Ms. Pilot! Sounds like you had a great day, and the pictures turned out wonderful!

--

Epic Pics kiss

Thank you all !

We are very delighted to see and read all your best wishes and comments this morning. Rennteam is still a great community and I encourage everyone who left officially or unofficially to come back and start contributing again. In the difference lies the value and it is good that we all have different opinions otherwise it would get pretty boring in a hurry.

@ 996FourEss, RC, Gnil, Joost, BjoernB: Thank you again! Mrs. Pilot enjoyed posing for this special photo shoot a lot despite the early hours and cooler temperatures. She is indeed a very happy and "lucky" anniversary girl and it is so nice to have each other to celebrate life... cool

--

Happy anniversary Pilot.. Beautiful Pics kisswink

18000 smiles :)

Doing it the old fashioned way with a mixture of air and fossil fuel to eat up the miles quickly. smiley

Even after 18,000 miles the car still looks like new and the interior smells as fresh as the day we picked her up.

Thanks to your recommendations I had new Cup 2s installed a few months ago and I have to say that this was an excellent tire choice. Visually they're great and they feel more sticky when warm. The only downside (which is a good thing) is that it now takes a little more effort to make the car slide ;)

Thanks so much ha for the wishes!

--

I am seriously thinking about “getting me a 997 GT3 RS”. Love it. May be more special than the new ones...

250,000 views baby!!

I just noticed that this thread has made it to over a quarter million clicks ;) Rennteam really rocks!  kiss

--

Pilot:

250,000 views baby!!

I just noticed that this thread has made it to over a quarter million clicks ;) Rennteam really rocks!  kiss

You and your thread rock. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Congrats!! wink

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

A special thread kiss

--

(More than) worth the views!

The Umbrella Girl...

We had a delayed Valentine's celebration here in California, but it was well worth the wait. Thankfully we had a few very warm days recently and it was just perfect for our plan.

Our day started with a visit to a brand new Chanel Beauty Boutique which had just opened last week. They had all the latest products for a beautiful and sexy Valentine's Day makeup look and everyone in the store participated in creating an exceptional experience, something which seems is becoming more and more rare these days.

Afterwards we headed to our favorite hotel for a late lunch before going out to do this photo shoot. Driving the GT3 RS while keeping my eyes off Mrs. Pilot proved to be quite a bit of a challenge, if you know what I mean...

Also, thanks RC, Grant, Gnil, and DuckieRS for your comments on 250,000 views!

--

How long have you been married?

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

nberry:

How long have you been married?

Why are you asking? Are you wondering? Smiley

I am married 27 years now and just yesterday, my wife told me that if she dies from the corona outbreak, I should know that she always loved me. I found that to be very romantic. Not that my wife is really worried but in her line of work and mine, you never know, especially now. 

I do a lot of stuff with my wife together, actually nothing has changed much from the beginning of our relationship. Well, her music taste has changed a little bit (to the worse Smiley...old people music Smiley) but otherwise...

Nowadays, it seems to be a miracle when people are over 20 years together and do not fight all the time. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

It was a very romantic setting...

Ha ha, to put everyone's mind at rest, last November (our photo shoot at the airport) marked our 32nd wedding anniversary! We met when we were very young...no swiping right back then. smiley

--

Pilot:

It was a very romantic setting...

Ha ha, to put everyone's mind at rest, last November (our photo shoot at the airport) marked our 32nd wedding anniversary! We met when we were very young...no swiping right back then. smiley

So cool, congrats!SmileySmiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Lovelly 

A close-up of the prop ... indecision

--

The reason for my asking is the effort the two of you exerted to celebrate Valentine Day. After 32 years, celebrating as you did is a testament to your enduring love.kiss

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

As always , beautiful shots . Thanks and congratulation on the 32 years . 

--

nberry:

The reason for my asking is the effort the two of you exerted to celebrate Valentine Day. After 32 years, celebrating as you did is a testament to your enduring love.kiss

Smiley I am not romantic at all (I think), neither is my wife (I think, I hope she doesn't read this Smiley) but it just works. Even if we fight (usually about the kids Smiley), it is just gone the other day, as if nothing happened. It just works and I don't want to jinx it by asking myself all the time whySmiley Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM