Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F430 color choices, standard and optional equipment

I am ordering a f430 f1 and I am having difficulty about color and options.I am thinking to order a red one with black interior.I am confused about optional equipments from which I can chose.Can someone help me ordering my car or suggest me a web site in which I can find all color and equipment choices?Thank you

Re: F430 color choices, standard and optional equipment

yes, the good old times are gone where it was really easy to order a ferrari -- color was rosso of course and nearly no options were available.

it's a lot more complicated nowadays

there's a thread already about available F430 options:
    http://www.rennteam.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=54068&page=

here's a nice site with a kind of color configurator -- for the 360 modena, but gives you a clue about some ferrari colors:
    http://www.maranellosales.com/ferrari/carrozzeria/360modena/index.asp

however, ferrari added some new colors to the palette recently. e.g. grigio silverstone (have a look at it here: http://www.rennteam.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=54821&page= )

you'll do nothing wrong ordering the F430 in rosso/nero. personally, i would prefer something even more flashy like giallo (yellow) or more elegant like grigio titanio -- whatever direction you want to go.

Quote:
    ztacir said:
    I am ordering a f430 f1 and I am having difficulty about color and options.I am thinking to order a red one with black interior.I am confused about optional equipments from which I can chose.Can someone help me ordering my car or suggest me a web site in which I can find all color and equipment choices?Thank you

If your going with red don't get all black interior. On resale the car will not sell as well as a tan interior.

You need the Scuderia badges on the side. The race sport seats look good but here again it may impact resale because they are not power and some buyers want to raise the seat while driving. However,I would get the cabin full leather.

I do not believe you will need sport exhaust because the 430 has a terrific stock sound. I believe an upgraded stero is a waste of money.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    If your going with red don't get all black interior. On resale the car will not sell as well as a tan interior.

You need the Scuderia badges on the side. The race sport seats look good but here again it may impact resale because they are not power and some buyers want to raise the seat while driving. However,I would get the cabin full leather.

I do not believe you will need sport exhaust because the 430 has a terrific stock sound. I believe an upgraded stero is a waste of money.

black interior and sport seat on a Ferrari may impact resale... wow nick, you even spec out your car according to the next owner's preferences, how nice and thoughtful of you I'm a little bit less altruistic in that respect, I choose according to what I like on my car

I'm always amazed how 'resale value' comes up as one of the important factors when people ask for help in specking out a new car.

For god sakes people. You are about to purchase an unbelievably/incredible toy that only VERY few people can seriously contemplate of ever owning and I'm sure this toy will make you smile all the way.... Forget about resale value and equip your toy to your taste. 100%

Because when it comes to selling the car, realistically, how many $$$ difference can a tan versus a black interior in all probability be? I really don't know, but I would be surprised if it was even possible to determine that exactly, and if it was, put the 'gain/loss' in relation to the price of the car...............

Therefore, go ahead and configure the car perfectly to your own taste and enjoy it to the max!!

Gregor

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

black interior and sport seat on a Ferrari may impact resale... wow nick, you even spec out your car according to the next owner's preferences, how nice and thoughtful of you I'm a little bit less altruistic in that respect, I choose according to what I like on my car

Unlike some people, I always have an eye toward the future whether it involves cars, work or money.That is why I drive a new Ferrari. Hopefully in March 2005, I will take delivery on my 430 coupe and a year later if not sooner take delivery of the 430 Spider.

Carlos, because you drive a Porsche you should not follow company philosophy and be backward looking. Look ahead, anticipate and enjoy!

Quote:
    Gregor said:
    For god sakes people. You are about to purchase an unbelievably/incredible toy that only VERY few people can seriously contemplate of ever owning and I'm sure this toy will make you smile all the way.... Forget about resale value and equip your toy to your taste. 100%

Well said Gregor, my thoughts exactly.

Nick,
    Neither sportcars nor sex should be mixed up with work or business IMO ... much less a purchase like a Ferrari, which is a 0% brain 100% heart decision

Carlos, you really don't get it, man. Why would you need sport seats in a sports car, when the resale value is lower? I mean, who the hell cares about the way the seats are holding you in those curves, if the resale value is lower? After all, you buy the car to have the bigger [censored] at the local country club, not to have fun driving it..

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Carlos, you really don't get it, man. Why would you need sport seats in a sports car, when the resale value is lower? I mean, who the hell cares about the way the seats are holding you in those curves, if the resale value is lower? After all, you buy the car to have the bigger [censored] at the local country club, not to have fun driving it..

I have just made MY choise today for my 430, and really I was NOT thinking about anyone else regards the future, like Carlos said, 100% the hart, even if the resale price would be much, much, much lower, if you can afford a F, you can take the loss, or can't you ?? ......... I took the sportseats, (size M), even the Challenge rims.
    It's gonna be MY car, and if I be happy with it, will be the most important to me !!

I will take delivery end dec, begin jan ..... and will be the first owner in Belgium

Congrats jennyz! this dec/jan? that isn't far away at all, be sure to post some pics

Quote:
    jennyz said:

I have just made MY choise today for my 430, and really I was NOT thinking about anyone else regards the future, like Carlos said, 100% the hart, even if the resale price would be much, much, much lower, if you can afford a F, you can take the loss, or can't you ?? ......... I took the sportseats, (size M), even the Challenge rims.
    It's gonna be MY car, and if I be happy with it, will be the most important to me !!

I will take delivery end dec, begin jan ..... and will be the first owner in Belgium

Did you order the carbon brakes?

Regarding resale, depending on how long you keep the car most Ferrari prices remain high some higher than others.

However, since most Ferrari's look good in most color combinations, at least to me, then the decision is much easier. The sport seat do represent a serious issue not only for resale but comfort as well.

I have decided my color combo as well as ordering sport seats. I am willing to ignore the lesser resale value and comfort.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    The sport seat do represent a serious issue not only for resale but comfort as well.

I have decided my color combo as well as ordering sport seats. I am willing to ignore the lesser resale value and comfort.

Nick,

Get a grip on yourself!

If you carry on down that path you could find yourself craving for a real sportscar, and buying a 997.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    The sport seat do represent a serious issue not only for resale but comfort as well.

Nick,

Get a grip on yourself!

If you carry on down that path you could find yourself craving for a real sportscar, and buying a 997.

If I ever buy a Porsche again it will be a mid-engine, with TT performance /price and 21st century styling.

As for the Porsche sport car of today, I will leave it for the blind Porsche devotee.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    If I ever buy a Porsche again it will be a mid-engine, with TT performance /price and 21st century styling.

A question inmediately comes to mind. Why do YOU need or insist on a mid-engine for youself? a rear-engined GT2 or even GT3 is too limiting on your extreme driving skills so much because they are not mid-egined? are YOU able to extract the mid-engined placement advantages in extreme limits over a GT2's limits?

Personally, I don't think you would even tell much difference were the engine is if you didn't read it in the manual beforehand And don't forget it has to be automatic as well, you wouldn't want to put too much driver factor into the equation of driving that mid-engine TT Porsche around San Diego

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

A question inmediately comes to mind. Why do YOU need or insist on a mid-engine for youself? a rear-engined GT2 or even GT3 is too limiting on your extreme driving skills so much because they are not mid-egined? are YOU able to extract the mid-engined placement advantages in extreme limits over a GT2's limits?

Personally, I don't think you would even tell much difference were the engine is if you didn't read it in the manual beforehand And don't forget it has to be automatic as well, you wouldn't want to put too much driver factor into the equation of driving that mid-engine TT Porsche around San Diego

Since you insist let me explain why my preference is mid-engine. It is easier to have fun driving a mid-engine than a car that has its engine behind the rear axle. I suspect 99% of the poster's on this board could do more with a mid engine car by way of performance and having fun.

Alas, I know most Porsche owners are great drivers, (just ask them) thus eschew what from an engineering standpoint is obvious. Let Porsche put a 355hp engine in the Boxster and watch it destroy your beloved 997S. Of course Porsche knows that and as a result they underpower it.

Don't you understand the 911 is an anachronism. The only thing that keeps it alive is terrific Porsche marketing and hardheaded enthusiast like yourself. Continue to buy it while the world moves on.

I can barely imagine how painful must be for you to see how Porsche AG is the world's most profitable car company, and the 997 gets unlimited praises from everybody, including the porsche hater Clarkson..Not bad for an anachronism, eh?
    You've built your own private little world, like a kid who constantly gets picked on by bullies at his school

Clarkson:
    "sure, the engine is in the back, but WHO CARES?"

"So, if you want to go very, very fast on one of those incredible Scottish roads, this would be right up there with the best of the Ferraris. "

I guess this makes Clarkson a 'blind hardheaded enthusiast'.
    WHOA.

Clarkson's a tool.

Well overall I would have to agree rear-engined is a horrible layout. But after 40 years Porsche has gotten it "much better". A mid-engined or front-engined (not to mention the new front/mid-engined layout, which when using a gearbox mounted in a rear transaxle is awesome.) layout is overall better and more driver friendly IMO.

Nick, just wonder what is the latest 911 you owned and/or drove?

My order is as following:
    Exterior Color:Rosso Corsa
    İnterior:Black

Options:
    - Racing Seats in Leather
    - 4 point security belts
    - Breaks in Rosso Corsa
    - Wheel Pressure Control
    - Bluetooth Mobile Technique
    - Hifi Sound with Subwoofer in the back
    - Cd-Changer
    Please help me if ı should add or extract anything from my list and how about colors?
    Should I go with grigio titanium and also gray or black interior?
    Please help me urgently?
    Ziya

ztacir,
    Don't need the following
    Bluetooth Mobile Technique:do not talk while in your Ferrari. There's better thing to do while in the car :driving.
    - Hifi Sound with Subwoofer in the back; why would you wanna listen to your CD when the engine makes the best noise?
    - Cd-Changer; same reason.

Quote:
    iyori said:
    ztacir,
    Don't need the following
    Bluetooth Mobile Technique:do not talk while in your Ferrari. There's better thing to do while in the car :driving.
    - Hifi Sound with Subwoofer in the back; why would you wanna listen to your CD when the engine makes the best noise?
    - Cd-Changer; same reason.

like I said, I ordered mine yesterday (the real order dated 6/04, I even was there on the preview in Italy)

here is what I choose :

colour exterior : rosso scuderia
    interior : grigio scuro
    carpets : grigio scuro
    Bleutooth (hey, where in the 21 century)
    rosso scuderia brake calipers
    CARBOCERAMIC BRAKE SYSTEM
    cd changer
    dedication plate in silver with my name on (I already had that in my 360 spider)
    Dashbord colour : charcoal
    yellow rev counter
    scuderia ferrari shields
    satellite navigation
    CHALLENGE TYPE WHEEL RIMS (so I can not take the pressure monitoring system, that goes only with the standard rims)
    ROAD LEGAL ROLL BAR : colour grigio scuro
    RACING SEATS MEDIUM : (I don't care for the comfort, it's a Ferrari right) also grigio scuro
    upholstery top in leather, colour grigio scuro
    leather rear shelf, colour in charcoal
    high power hifi system with subwoofer
    coloured steering wheel, colour charcoal
    DASHBOARD IN CARBON
    Battery charger europe
    4 points safety harness, colour black
    TYRES : PIRELLI (hopefully I made the good chooice)

and what was also between the options is "urgent car" (option code : URGE)
    unbelieveble, but that line stood between the options !!

So that will be my toy, hope you fellows like it,

delivery, first in Belgium, and expected around end dec, begin jan ....
    I didn't get any prices, but dealer thinks, about 10,OOOeuro plus (standard, whitout options) compared with the 360.

Patriek

Quote:
    iia said:
    Nick, just wonder what is the latest 911 you owned and/or drove?

I have owned and tracked a 996 several times. As a matter of fact, I was in the first class of the Porsche Driving Experience in Atlanta. I do not presume to know sport cars as well as everyone else on this board. However, I have driven a few.

I am curious; do you believe you can go around a track faster in a 911 compared to a similarly powered Boxster?

I went back to my order and add carbon ceramic breaks.
    I kept the extra sound system and cd changer since I will always have the option tu turn it off when I wanna listen to the engine noise.
    One more thing.My racing seats are size large and I am a pretty big guy(186cm tall).Should I have gone with medium?
    I ordered mine from a Ferrari dealer in Germany and I will receive the car in the firs quarter of 2005 with no exact month and import it to Turkey where I live.
    Ziya

Quote:
    ztacir said:
    I kept the extra sound system and cd changer since I will always have the option tu turn it off when I wanna listen to the engine noise.

That's also my idea about it !

One more thing.My racing seats are size large and I am a pretty big guy(186cm tall).Should I have gone with medium?

No, I'm 172cm and large was also good (sitting in the stradale), but medium would be a little bit better for me.
    but normally large will suit you, it only differs 1cm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779052 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442208 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263083 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261363 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85594 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5787 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881063 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817387 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM