Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Cayenne Turbo Powerkit - Availability

We just have been informed that the Cayenne Turbo Powerkit will be available from December 2004 estimate production date orders on but not earlier.
    So if you spec your car with the powerkit for an earlier production date, the powerkit will be deleted from the order and it might delay the whole process.

Re: Cayenne Turbo Powerkit - Availability

Powerkit available in not ufficial version since last january 2004. A friend of mine done it.

Quote:
    andrea said:
    Powerkit available in not ufficial version since last january 2004. A friend of mine done it.

There has been NO powerkit available from Porsche for the Cayenne Turbo before and if somebody tells you something different, he is LYING. Reminds me of that typical "I have a good friend at Porsche..." BS some people love to tell their friends. Forget about it, no powerkit, not even an "unofficial" one.

The only engine power upgrades available were kits available from Tuners.

RC, you seem pretty convinced lol, just kidding.
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Joost said:
    RC, you seem pretty convinced lol, just kidding.
    -Joost-

Of course. Because this is the typical BS story people love to tell to friends and relatives.
    I met so many people telling me this story BEFORE they knew that I'm strongly involved with Porsche cars.
    Whenever I asked for details, they started to stutter and in most cases, they just told me the most incredible LIES I ever heard.

People have to understand one thing: Porsche is a sports car manufacturer with a pretty good reputation. They are indeed able to offer custom made mods (like the 959 powerkit they developped for a customer... ) but especially nowadays, they have to go by the rules.
    Meaning: IF they would offer an "unofficial" powerkit to somebody, no matter if this is a customer or Dr. Wiedeking's best friend, the kit has to be certified for street use and it has to be absolutely safe.
    I talked very often about these stories with Porsche employees and they usually laugh their pants off when they hear about it.
    It is only very sad that people who are considered to be serious business men, entrepeneurs, doctors, lawyers, etc. have to lie like that without any shame.

This is also the "strategy" of some Tuners: they tell customers that they work hand in hand with Porsche or that they have "their" inside man (007 ) in Weissach who provides them the newest stuff and the best software. And I think 99% of the potential customers even believe that.

But what do I know...

Re: Cayenne Turbo Powerkit - Are you kidding me?

Mr. RC let me disagree you. Ok it could be true the story that you said, your argumentations in general BUT I believe to my friend, he done a lot of modifications directly from Porsche in Germany for Cayenne TT and in the past for all other Porsches he had. He had also the documentations about the powerkit and now he is loooking forward to do something to his new baby 997 Carrera S. He sold the Cayenne TT because is not a sporty vehicle as he wants.He has also friends in Zuffenhausen werke.

Quote:
    andrea said:
    Mr. RC let me disagree you. Ok it could be true the story that you said, your argumentations in general BUT I believe to my friend, he done a lot of modifications directly from Porsche in Germany for Cayenne TT and in the past for all other Porsches he had. He had also the documentations about the powerkit and now he is loooking forward to do something to his new baby 997 Carrera S. He sold the Cayenne TT because is not a sporty vehicle as he wants.He has also friends in Zuffenhausen werke.

Do you also believe in Santa?
    Your friend is lying to you. Amen.

I didn't know that you are the holder of the truth. Congratulation for your style.

Quote:
    andrea said:
    I didn't know that you are the holder of the truth. Congratulation for your style.

What do you expect me to say? Rennteam.com is well known for it's blunt and direct style. We "encounter" very often incredible stories, rumors and a lot of gossip.
    I believe you that you believe your friend. But what your friend is telling you is untrue.
    Do you want me to agree with it?

I offer you a "deal": try to get the VIN number of the former CT of your friend and I tell you exactly what has been "modded" on his car. I'm sure your friend has the VIN number somewhere.

I'm sorry you don't like my style but being blunt and honest never has been popular.

Unless your friend isn't Mr. Wiedeking personally, forget about the story he told you. I heard this story from many many people and it has always been proven to be a lie.
    But what do I know...

TO RC

He sold his Cayenne TT. However I appreciate rennteam.com, I visit everyday since 3 years but I don't post so much. I read with interest your spy-news and report all over these years and I will continue to do but I try to explain better, I didn't like how you are firm and direct to your thoughts. I guess that you are pretty close to Porsche's world but sometimes is dangerous think to know everything, it's impossible. I estimate you for what you write and you wrote but I didn't like the terms that you used in this thread, that's all.
    Thanks

Re: TO RC

I don't know everything, of course not. I'm not working for Porsche and even Porsche employees don't know everything. This is impossible because there are a variety of jobs and locations.
    But there are a few things, like the "I have a friend at Porsche" story which are 100% untrue. I know that because I know some pretty wealthy Porsche customers with high up relations to Porsche and they didn't get what they want or had to pay a lot of money for it. I know what is possible and what isn't, there are a few mods which were possible for "good friends" but of course not for free.
    The Cayenne Powerkit wasn't among them, this is 100%.
    Trust me or leave it. And if your friend sold his CT, he surely still has the VIN number somewhere. Just ask him and pretend you need it for something else. This is they only way how to unveill such lies because there are no "unofficial" or "official" Porsche technical mods without Porsche attaching the updated data to the specific VIN number for further reference and legal issues.
    Porsche is not a Tuner, if a customer has an accident with his modded car, they have to help with the investigation if the legal authoroties and/or insurance asks for it.
    This is why they never would do unofficial mods, unless they're actually official and there is a technical certification for them. One reason why your friend wasn't able to have the powerkit a few months ago is the fact that rim development wasn't finished yet (due to the bigger brakes). This is why Porsche started to produce new 19'' and 20'' rims with modified spokes and these modified rims are installed from June 2004 builds on.

The VIN number says a lot about a car. There was a guy who claimed he has a 993 Turbo S, however his car looked a bit different, more aftermarket, despite the double exhaust pipes and the Turbo S badge. I asked a friend to look up his VIN number and this car was just a normal 993 Turbo without even a powerkit, standard power. When I confronted the "Turbo S" owner with that at a meeting, he denied everything and he was very furious. Surprisingly, a few days later, the Turbo S badge disappeared from his car.

I'm afraid this is part of human nature, especially when it comes to cars. We have to make people believe we have something special and the sad part is: most people believe it. I can't change it, you can't change it, this is how life is.

Quote:
    RC said:
    This is why Porsche started to produce new 19'' and 20'' rims with modified spokes and these modified rims are installed from June 2004 builds on.

So new 19" wheels do exist. I wondered about that. I've seen details and part numbers for the new 20" Design and SportTechno wheels but not the 19s.

Does anyone have the individual part number for the new 19" wheels?

Thanks for the "June 2004 builds on" note. That helps narrow things down a bit.

Ok thanks of the specifications and when I know something I will write.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690816 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410070 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256156 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235379 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65734 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858751 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775033 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM