Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

CEE3764E-5349-4B54-AFFB-C6537DF1DA39.jpeg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

C4B86BFF-C1D2-47B1-8E83-3DDB2DDDE3ED.jpeg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

First pic of a possible Huracán Evo Performante...

48BCA366-72D3-4061-AF4B-ABF37CD9A766.jpeg

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Yesterday i have seen my first Performante in White (matt). Wow, fits the car perfekt!

Does anybody know how many Performante Coupes have been made (appr.)?
    There are just about 30 for sale in Germany (mobile) ?! 991.2 GT3 RS about 100 cars ...

Dane:

Yesterday i have seen my first Performante in White (matt). Wow, fits the car perfekt!

There are just about 30 for sale in Germany (mobile) ?! 991.2 GT3 RS about 100 cars ...

Rumors indicate 1300 to 1700 cars produced, Coupes and Spyders.

Dealer asked at the Evo presentation and has been told "around 1500 cars".

I've read somewhere that around 600 Spyders were produced.

So I'd say that 700 to 1100 Coupes were produced.

--

indecision

https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f202/2019-gt3-rs-vs-huracan-performante-215878/

In all fairness, I have to say that the GT3 RS is the second best thing after the Performante and from a price/performance point of view, the best offer around.

I always called the Performante an exotic looking GT3 RS and I still believe it is. Both cars are amazing fun to drive and the last of their kind. It is good to know that Porsche sticks with a n/a engine in the next 992.1 GT3/RS as well.

--

RC:

indecision

https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f202/2019-gt3-rs-vs-huracan-performante-215878/

In all fairness, I have to say that the GT3 RS is the second best thing after the Performante and from a price/performance point of view, the best offer around.

I always called the Performante an exotic looking GT3 RS and I still believe it is. Both cars are amazing fun to drive and the last of their kind. It is good to know that Porsche sticks with a n/a engine in the next 992.1 GT3/RS as well.

Why last of their kind? A new Huracan Evo „Super Trofeo“ is coming also with NA.... or?

RC:
    Dane:

Rumors indicate 1300 to 1700 cars produced, Coupes and Spyders.

Dealer asked at the Evo presentation and has been told "around 1500 cars".

I've read somewhere that around 600 Spyders were produced.

So I'd say that 700 to 1100 Coupes were produced.

Wow, thanks Smiley

i need one Smiley

RC:

indecision

'' Aside from these positive elements, the sound, the finish, the design, the transmission, aerodynamics, etc. are not in the same league as the HP. ''

the transmission better in the Huracan...LOL Smiley

the numbers you quoted are not that low in regards to worldwide distribution. 6 coupe cars are still in the stock in Dubai...I didn't ask for the spyder but they are all proposed with interesting discount. The performante is a great package and is an exotic but it is not better than GT3RS, it is different. Let's see the newer version coming soon.

For the 992, yes NA engine will be there.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Dane:
    RC:

indecision

Why last of their kind? A new Huracan Evo „Super Trofeo“ is coming also with NA.... or?

The Performante is the last of it's kind. The rumored Super Trofeo Stradale is rumored to be 2WD and has a different name as well, not Performante. Smiley The biggest "issue" will be the price tag though: Rumors indicate it starts (base price) at 300k or slightly under 300k. Ouch.

It probably depends how well (or not) the Evo sells. If it doesn't sell well, I can imagine that Lamborghini will offer various special editions to make sure they keep the production up and running. Hopefully no new "Performante" (by the same name) though, this would certainly lower the value of the current car.

--

RC:

The Performante is the last of it's kind. The rumored Super Trofeo Stradale is rumored to be 2WD and has a different name as well, not Performante. Smiley The biggest "issue" will be the price tag though: Rumors indicate it starts (base price) at 300k or slightly under 300k. Ouch.

It probably depends how well (or not) the Evo sells. If it doesn't sell well, I can imagine that Lamborghini will offer various special editions to make sure they keep the production up and running. Hopefully no new "Performante" (by the same name) though, this would certainly lower the value of the current car.

that will be the unicorn Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    RC:

that will be the unicorn Smiley

Also limited production...rumors indicate not more than 500 cars, maybe less.

The 2WD was necessary to lower weight Smiley, the STS is supposed to weight 50-80 kg less than the Evo, some sources say 100 kg less weight but I am skeptical, even if this car is supposed to get lots of carbon stuff (not sure if forged carbon or "regular" one). If the rumors with the price tag are true, I am so glad I was able to get the Performante. I couldn't afford getting a limited edition 300+ k car, discounts on such a product would be extremely low, if any. 
    For collectors however, this could be the "unicorn", right.

--

https://youtu.be/yA4OzHRzoWc

I'm not surprised, in the 0-200 kph speed range, the Performante is a monster.

Over 200 kph, things change though and over 240 kph, the Aventador SV pulls away easily (don't ask how I know laugh).

--

We are still waiting for the review of the Perfomante 

Do you have thermic problems with your car? Heared from some guys from the Ring that they sold the car because of the issue (just like Ringtaxi.com)

Dane:

Do you have thermic problems with your car? Heared from some guys from the Ring that they sold the car because of the issue (just like Ringtaxi.com)

the difference between ring taxi cars and RC is usage.

RC will showoff at 280 on the autobahn for 30 min, do a road tour in the closed mountain for another 30 min and call it a spirited drive with superman power on the opposite of track junckies who will complain about the exotic because it is not fit for purpose Smiley

Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

Dane:

No thermic problems at all, never actually heard of any (not even on the track). Do you have any link or any other hint regarding these alleged thermic issues? As far as I know, Ringtaxi got rid of the Huracan Performante because the car was...too loud (for the Nordschleife). Smiley

--

I was told something with the gearbox (overheating). yes

Also heared that running a Performante as a ring tool is veeeery expensive (much more then Porsche GT) broken heart

Dane:

I was told something with the gearbox (overheating). yes

Also heared that running a Performante as a ring tool is veeeery expensive (much more then Porsche GT) broken heart

There is no overheating, there is no gearbox issue.

But yes, running the Performante as a track tool is more expensive than GT3 RS.

Biggest issue is sound though: Performante is banned from many tracks in Europe, incl. the Nordschleife, because of the sound limit exceeding sound level.

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKP9TmhrpgM

There are crazy Lamborghinis, and then there's the Zyrus LP1200, a completely rebodied Huracan Super Trofeo with a Twin Turbo V10! Zyrus Engineering have created this mental machine with 1,200hp, over 1,200kg of downforce, and only weighing 1,200kg itself so there's nowhere better to take it for a drive than the Dubai Autodrome!

However, today for me, it's the 'big one' and arguably the most insane car I have ever driven in the form of the LP1200. Like the LP620-2 Super Trofeo, all of the power is going to the rear axle, and in this case with road going Pirello Trofeo R tyres because this is going to become a road car! 24 racecars and 12 Street cars will be made in total by the team from Norway. The car itself has over 500 newly made components specific to it including an entirely new body but retaining the Huracan looks and DNA.

Destroying the amazing V10 n/a setup by adding turbo chargers to it? Oh boy, I hate this stuff.

Only (kind of) acceptable tuning for the V10 is the supercharger setup, which works pretty well and is very very reliable since it doesn't add too much power and torque (claims vary from 800 to 900 hp but in reality, the supercharger seems to add around 100-120 hp, which improves especially the 200 kph to Vmax performance). Also, the supercharger doesn't seem to change the exhaust tone/sound much, which is an added plus.

Actually, I am surprised that Lamborghini didn't add a supercharger to the Performante or Evo, it would have pushed these cars into the 720S performance league. I guess emissions and additional stress to drivetrain parts weren't easy tasks to solve, so...

The bi-turbo setups of the V10 often make serious problems, especially if power exceeds 1000 hp. For short drag races, these setups (up to 2000 hp and more) are OK but for everything longer than 30 seconds, they are a no go.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Just hooked up my Performante to the Lamborghini trickle charger since I have a lot of work now and I probably won't be able to drive the car for a couple of weeks (just put fresh winter tires on it...what a shame). surprise

As soon as the weather gets cold(er) but dry, the car will be out on the road again. Can't wait. blush

IMG_2580.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

4:40+

8:30+ other vehicles

Smiley Actually, believe it or not, I was doing wheelies in my old Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16V after a major tuning upgrade with water injection. Of course not a real wheelie, the front axle went up by a couple of centimetres only but people were stunned anyway. Smiley

--

RC:

Smiley Actually, believe it or not, I was doing wheelies in my old Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16V after a major tuning upgrade with water injection. Of course not a real wheelie, the front axle went up by a couple of centimetres only but people were stunned anyway. Smiley

I’m stunned you bothered to mention this.  

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

So yesterday I let my curiosity get the better of me and paid a visit to the local Lambo dealer.  I had it in mind that the STO could be a fun toy, and ticked the boxes for better headroom with a helmet, and the ability to use a 6-point harness etc.

I tried sitting in a few cars with my helmet, and the rock hard race seats actually had my head touching the roof, whereas the new sports seats didn't - I had a little bit of room.  Interesting.

The guy was also happy me for me to take their demo car (an EVO, 4wd) out for a spin to get an idea of how it behaves in general, controls, how it feels.

Wow angel - I'd assumed the non-Performante version might be a bit sober  and subdued.  I was very surprised.  The thing is pure theatre.  That engine.. in Corsa mode, just crazy.  Incredible sound and tons of power.  Really feels special as well, regardless of speed - which is important for me.  The 2020 car (still) has no particulate filter.  Reading a bit about this suggests they're able to get away with it as a low-volume manufacturer.  I was actually thinking a filter might help a bit with track noise restrictions, but the guy wasn't aware of any plans to include one.

Got me thinking a bit 

I'm also not sure where to buy the matching sparkly loafers, gold chains, and my hairstyle is certainly not right.  Maybe they have an image coach to help with these things?

Watching some videos this afternoon also makes me wonder a bit about the RWD:  a bit cheaper, reviewers seem to rate it for steering feel, 'purity' etc. Also it looks like you can get it with iron brakes which could help with running expenses.

Off to play with the configurator now.. blush

--

2019 911 GT3 RS,1964 Type 1

I also recently test drove a EVO AWD around Millbrook Proving Ground (https://www.millbrook.co.uk/services/proving-grounds/tracks-and-facilities/), and agree that its "pure theatre".  Bowl was amazing with the car.  Car was spec'd with sports bucket seats, which I really liked, but didn't try with a helmet on :( 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689138 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408981 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255660 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234903 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65479 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857821 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773792 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM