Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

A few track pics

Had a fun day last Sunday - here are a few photos:

http://www.propertysalessolutions.com/ppir/

Re: A few track pics

There is a racetrack at Pikes Peak?
    Good to know... Did you stay ahead of the Gallardo?

Why don't you post some more pics of your car? Very curious!

Ferdie - That track is just south of Colorado Springs and is a 1 mile banked oval for Indy cars and has an infield road course section (combo of oval and infield for us). I only have been there twice (much more expensive and less convenient than my local track in Denver but lots of fun). I was turning about the same times as the Gallardo actually (it had street tires). It could pull away from me on the straights and I could out-brake him into the corner for the infield and beat him through the corners. Here's another couple pix of my car (since you asked )

another:

engine (2.7L RS style with 240hp at 8,000rpm):

Front trunk - notice woven carbon fiber fenders (also has carbon doors, trunk and engine covers, front and rear bumpers/spoilers, engine cover, etc.):

Very nice pics Grant thanks for sharing.

Your P-baby is one hell of a car man.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Very nice pics Grant thanks for sharing.

Your P-baby is one hell of a car man.

Maybe it's a "She"?

Grant, thanks a lot for that pics! Now I know more about the nice car in your pic!

Is the racetrack located at the Pikes Peak hillclimb location? How fast have you been compared to the 360 Spider?

A few questions:
    the silver on fenders, trunk lid and doors is painted on or foil? What made you establish those cut-out shapes on the sides?
    The aluminium dashboard panels on the bottom doesn't look very cushioned!

Greetings!

Great car!

And nice pix--thanks for sharing!

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Is the racetrack located at the Pikes Peak hillclimb location? How fast have you been compared to the 360 Spider?

A few questions:
    the silver on fenders, trunk lid and doors is painted on or foil? What made you establish those cut-out shapes on the sides?
    The aluminium dashboard panels on the bottom doesn't look very cushioned!

Greetings!

Ferdie - The PP Hill Climb is about 20 miles northwest of this track (it's a dirt road to the top - 14,110 ft ).

I was easily passing the 360 Spider. In fact I even passed one of the F40's (the other was much faster than me) as well as the 348 Challenge and the 355 Challenge. I also was faster than that black 964 Turbo 3.6. I was pleasantly surprised...

About the car - I didn't build it (I bought it from the man, Pierre Bilodeau from Quebec) who built it. It was his idea to leave much of the carbon exposed, so it was his design to have the paint transition like that. There is no foil, it's just silver paint over the carbon doors in those places...

Just look at that interior! what a beauty!

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Just look at that interior! what a beauty!

Thanks, Carlos, Ron, Ferdie, and Poursha

Grant,

indeed a great car. There rouse some more questions, I hope you'd like to answer them

The gearshifter seems to be very short and of course, like on any early 911, pretty much up front. Do you have the feeling that this is rather un-ergonomic?
    You don't have a whole safetycage in the car, at least not around the A-pillars?
    I have seen some cylindrical cut-outs in the passengerside footwell, vertically on height with the A-pillar. Is it a preparation for in-car airjacks or the above mentioned lacking rollcage-part?
    The accelerator pedal looks quite big - any advantages?

By the way, nice hifi-system!

Thanks in advance! Greetings!

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Grant,

indeed a great car. There rouse some more questions, I hope you'd like to answer them

The gearshifter seems to be very short and of course, like on any early 911, pretty much up front. Do you have the feeling that this is rather un-ergonomic?
    You don't have a whole safetycage in the car, at least not around the A-pillars?
    I have seen some cylindrical cut-outs in the passengerside footwell, vertically on height with the A-pillar. Is it a preparation for in-car airjacks or the above mentioned lacking rollcage-part?
    The accelerator pedal looks quite big - any advantages?

By the way, nice hifi-system!

Thanks in advance! Greetings!

Ferdie-

1. The gearshift lever is actually quite long (and long throws). It comes right next to my hip in 2nd gear (next to my right pants pocket). It is not the most ergonomic gearbox in the world, but once you learn to use it well it's very satisfying to use. I might add a short-shift linkage at some point, but it's not a priority for me (closer and lower ratios will come first )

2. There is only a 3/4 cage (4-point rollbar and side cage - to offset the light (3 lbs) doors. It has 5-point harnesses. It would probably be smart to add the front part of the cage too...

3. The cutouts in the passenger footwells are the factory locations for the heating ducts (comes from the engine airboxes on the air-cooled cars). I have since added heating to the car since these pics - as well as Brembo 4 piston brakes from the 930 Turbo.

4. The accelerator is the stock pedal but it has a Wings Engineering 3rd Foot added so that I can make heel-toe shifts easier (I have one on my 993 too and they're great). It's completely adjustable (or removable). Helps with the double-clutch shifts that this gearbox appreciates

5. Other miscallaneous facts - All racing Bilstein coilovers (usually these cars have torsion bars), Charlie Bars sway bars (infinitely adjustable). 935 heim joint rear suspension (no rubber in any of the suspension front or rear). Original Bosch Mechanical Fuel Injection (modified for RS specs) gives incredible throttle response - much better than later/current systems, but it was abandoned for fuel economy and pollution reasons. Also, the steering response is incredible - sooo much feedback.

Also, you cannot really tell, but there is a firewall right behind the seats and just the engine and tranny are behind the firewall (aluminum from the bottom to half-way mark then Lexan for the top for visibility)- no rear seat area at all - here's a pic from above the rear window:

Thanks very much, Grant!

No more questions....

I was just reading over the Excellence article on your car again, simply amazing.

BTW I have the same pedal attachment, it works great.

Outstanding car Grant!

Didn't you get have an article published on your car? Excellence or Panorama?

Grant your car is SICK!
    It looks like you went so fast the
    paint peeled off the CF .ha

Very clean, just the way i like it

Two Thumbs Up ... Just awesome

Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    Outstanding car Grant!

Didn't you get have an article published on your car? Excellence or Panorama?

Yeah, as Keith mentioned, it was in Excellence (Oct 03). It was owned by the builder at the time the article was written, but I had taken possession by the time it was on the newstands. Builder drove it to Porsche Parade in Florida from Quebec and after we negotiated a sale on the phone he drove it to me in Denver. I bought it sight-unseen and I was not disappointed - really neat looking in person and drives better than any street car I've ever been in

Absolutely Beautiful. Now I have to go and dig up my Excellence Mags.

Quote:
    Yeah, as Keith mentioned, it was in Excellence (Oct 03).

Oh! Yes I see! Sorry. I was ... ah ... distracted by your car. Not reading carefully.

Quote:
    Builder drove it to Porsche Parade in Florida

Have you taken it to any Porsche Parades?

No, I've never been to a Porsche Parade, but I took it to a Concours at the Gmund West event. Mostly, it plays in the mountains and at the track...

Quote:
    Grant said:

Homer Simpson: "mmmmmmmm...8,000 rpmmmmmmmm..."

Grant, at what rpm are the redline and the fuel cutoff/rev limiter? Thanks.

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:

Homer Simpson: "mmmmmmmm...8,000 rpmmmmmmmm..."

Grant, at what rpm are the redline and the fuel cutoff/rev limiter? Thanks.

The redline (and spark cutoff) is 8,000 rpm. Max power is probably made a tad lower...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688869 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408851 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255603 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234844 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65440 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857701 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773617 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM