Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Inexcusible website failure.

Why is the Porsche website car configurator not working?

Hasn't been functional for at least a week or more.

Shouldn't somebody be fired for failing to have the website fully operational during this time of high excitement for the new models?

Re: Inexcusible website failure.

What problems are you seeing? I was able to use it a few minutes ago. One thing you might be encountering is the page may appear to hang, if you have pop-ups disabled.

Alan

The canadian configurator sez something like "down for repairs" until further notice.

The 'merican one just goes to a mess of code.

I'll go try yet again.

yeah..., it sez:

Dear Visitor,

due to a redesign, we regret to inform you
    that the Porsche Car Configurator is currently not available.
    We will shortly release the updated Car Configurator.

We look forward to your next visit!

Your Porsche internet team.
    Sehr geehrter Besucher,

die Porsche Car Configurator-Seiten werden zur Zeit aktualisiert.
    In Kürze finden Sie an dieser Stelle wie gewohnt den aktualisierten Porsche Car Configurator.

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis und viel Spaß mit unseren neuen Seiten,

Ihr Porsche Internet Team.

It worked a few weeks ago ..
    now I can celect the model Boxster, 911, or Cayenne but can go no further
    Try to select a 911 model or any other and get the message:
    Run script "void%200"

It has to be a JavaScript programing problem, they are using v.1.2
    My MAC is up to 1.4.2

The configurator software IS old:
    Copyright (c) 2002 ORISA Software GmbH All Rights Reserved.
    ORISA Software GmbH

Guess they don't beta or don't care
    Go figure

Sorry, I thought you were using the U.S. configurator. I see the problem now. I wish I could help.

Quote:
    MaxErnst said:
    Shouldn't somebody be fired for failing to have the website fully operational during this time of high excitement for the new models?

Max, can we fire you? I am really getting tired of all your negative posts. You complain about everything. Why are you so concerned about the Canadian web site? The US one works fine. There are many countries car configurator not working right now, so be it.

Quote:

Guess they don't beta or don't care
    Go figure

Yeah, unbelieveable. Can't get their website to work? Looking pretty shabby-- during new product introduction too! WOW

Quote:
    vtrader said:
    Quote:
    MaxErnst said:

Max, can we fire you? I am really getting tired of all your negative posts. You complain about everything. Why are you so concerned about the Canadian web site? The US one works fine. There are many countries car configurator not working right now, so be it.

I'm in the habit of demanding/expecting perfection. My job requires it, other people's lives depend on it. Lighten up on me, pal.

Canada is always slower than the world.....You have to get used to that.

I'm getting the "void%200" error as well now

WHAT??!!!you mean theres more than just trees and ice up there? theres actually people in canaduh too?!?!?!

on a serious note, max, the porsche java thing frequently breaks, for every country, this is especially unacceptable during a new model launch.

they are using old software as well for their entire site, i mean who the hell uses javascript anymore instead of flash.

they should really spend that 1 billion dollar euro revenue and hire some web programmers to make a snazzy flash site for them, like every other car company/fashion house/design company out there, it would barely cost them anything...

their website is an awefully bad reflection on their company.

For what it's worth I really like the Porsche site. It's enjoyable to read, well structured and quiet concise.
    I really dislike those flashy flash sites, as their main focus seems to be to distract and provide as little information as possible. Especially those background music really turns me off.
    The only thing which is a real disaster is the configurator. It's extremely slow and unstable.

RG TL

Got to say that the Boxster "Where Sport Begins" mini-site (in Flash) is fantastic. I especially like the birds tweeting in the background when you are viewing the exterior of the car.

Porsche just need to fix the configurator.

someday, we'll look back and say 'in my day, all we had to learn about cars was a brochure, there was none of this fancy flash mumbo jumbo, or websites and such, just a solid booklet you would read again and again for hours...'

Quote:
    vtrader said:
    Quote:
    MaxErnst said:

dont bother vtrader ,he finished(i hope so) complaining about the cars ,now he started with the web site ,i think the next step would be the structure of the company or their location,a "why did they choose stuttgart not munich ,its not acceptable" style .just ignore....

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    vtrader said:
    Quote:
    MaxErnst said:

dont bother vtrader ,he finished(i hope so) complaining about the cars ,now he started with the web site ,i think the next step would be the structure of the company or their location,a "why did they choose stuttgart not munich ,its not acceptable" style .just ignore....

Hey, wild and crazy guy, I thought I was on your ignore list?

The Porsche website is broken and it doesn't bother you; so ignore the post.

There are alot of people here who ARE concerned/annoyed about it.

Quote:
    MaxErnst said:
    Hey, wild and crazy guy

ooooooouuuuhhh,more and more personal attacks?you are really loosing your pretended wisdom max,cool down ,try prosac or xanax,it should work well for you.can i advise you a good shrink in your area?maybe you can try to sort out with him the buttons on central console issue ,or the wheels issue or even the website issue. good luck with the shrink and get well soon!

and yes there are a looooootttt of people annoyed ,how many ?1000000?1000000000?even sales dropped since the website is being repaired..

Max, I agree to some point with you that it is inexcusible that it takes them so long to release an updated version of the car configurator.
    As soon as a new model is out, the car configurator should already provide the new data. But information flow is slow, this has nothing to do with Porsche alone, it happens with other car manufacturers too.
    Of course this shouldn't be an excuse but it happens.
    I also never liked the Porsche Car Configurator too much, it is pretty slow (unless you have broadband), it needs an additional plugin and sometimes it doesn't really work as it should. It would be so simple to release a user-friendly and easy car configurator but apparently some web designers are in love with animations and other gimmicks.
    The Porsche website looks good, no doubt but I appreciate more simple stuff which loads fast and comes to the point.
    Maybe they should just offer two versions of their website?

BUT...your "inexcusisable website failure" headline is somehow exeggerated. Why didn't you post something like "the car configurator is down, does somebody know when it is up again?". And of course there is an institution called DEALER where you can get the latest Porsche brochures. Or just ask, people here are willing to help but you usually don't ask but post statements. Nobody really needs that.

You have the opportunity to give your feedback in a survey. When you are leaving the Porsche website you will be asked to give your feedback. I don't know if it works in America?

Take the opportunity and give your feedback. The more do it the better. I already did it yesterday.

Quote:
    It would be so simple to release a user-friendly and easy car configurator but apparently some web designers are in love with animations and other gimmicks.

Tell me about it, jeez!

Porsche is not the only website having this issue. And the web designers? You almost have to beat them with a stick to keep them away from the animation. In their minds, only those consumers with P4's or G5's and ultra-high-speed broadband are worthy of viewing their masterpieces anyway.

I was used to be one of those web designers who wanted everything flashy.

I agree to a certain extent that it is unacceptable, but these things happen. Lives too short to argue about configurator...what's more important being able to get the web configurator to work or the actual products itself. Just give the sales rep a ring, give him your desired spec(s) and let him do the maths for ya

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    and yes there are a looooootttt of people annoyed ,how many ?1000000?1000000000?even sales dropped since the website is being repaired..

Its true, sales were down last month for PCNA by 29 cars. They thought it was the hurricanes in Florida. Maybe we should tell them it was actually the car configurator being down that cause the lost sales.

Quote:
    vtrader said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

Its true, sales were down last month for PCNA by 29 cars. They thought it was the hurricanes in Florida. Maybe we should tell them it was actually the car configurator being down that cause the lost sales.

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    MaxErnst said:
    Hey, wild and crazy guy

ooooooouuuuhhh,more and more personal attacks?you are really loosing your pretended wisdom max,cool down ,try prosac or xanax,it should work well for you.can i advise you a good shrink in your area?maybe you can try to sort out with him the buttons on central console issue ,or the wheels issue or even the website issue. good luck with the shrink and get well soon!

Wild and Crazy guy: how old do you have to be to drive in Lebanon? 14?

Quote:
    MaxErnst said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    MaxErnst said:
    Hey, wild and crazy guy

Wild and Crazy guy: how old do you have to be to drive in Lebanon? 14?

is there is a connection between your question and the previous posts ??? if this is just a question its 18 years like the rest of the world .
    just out of curiosity ,would you personally prefer to be wild and crazy or stupid and ignorant?? just asking...

Let's calm down guys and drop the personal attacks. Keep the comments directed toward the cars. We would like to think of Rennteam as a place where forum members treat each other with respect, even when they disagree.

Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    Let's calm down guys and drop the personal attacks. Keep the comments directed toward the cars. We would like to think of Rennteam as a place where forum members treat each other with respect, even when they disagree.

tottaly agree...hoping others will follow..

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    GM Austin said:

tottaly agree...hoping others will follow..

Yeah, right, go check the record and see how this Beirut guy was the only one who routinely used the personal attack manner as a means to some ill-defined end, in response to my posts. I never had anything to do with him before his nasty personal attacks.

Ahem! ..... as I said, no more personal attacks please! Direct your comments toward the cars!

GM, you suck

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762796 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435557 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260616 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257642 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80968 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5322 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872472 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807862 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM