Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

019 Spanish F1 Grand Prix in Barcelona

Next.

F-snail.jpg

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Re: 019 Spanish F1 Grand Prix in Barcelona

--

2018 White 911 GT3

hhahahahahah........sad but true

--

993 c2

I  do not think that Ferrari is slow. I think that they are all under huge pressure. Under pressure, they will start with errors and later they will even break. To send them with medium tires in Q2 is stupid. VET was lucky, he just missed the same wall for a few millimetres. Imagine both cars thrown away in Q2 -->  Binotti would be history.

--

AM

Mercedes are ca 0.5 faster, they have the margin when it is needed, ferrari is always in a huge stress and forced to errors, and they nornaly are doing a lot compared to  MS and JT time...so let's see next race, if nothing happens also this year is already closed ..Ham wins again. this is soo bad for the F1

--

993 c2

I’m curious to see how long Bottas will keep up the fight. He’s doing really well.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

I'm really happy Bottas is in such a good place. I really enjoy seeing him do well, whereas before he was just Hamilton's b!tch. Surprising to see that Lewis is dealing so well with it, when there was such rivalry between him and Rosberg, I hated Lewis' gut because he was being such an @sshole. Indeed raises the question how long the friendliness well stay between Lewis and Valtteri.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:

I'm really happy Bottas is in such a good place. I really enjoy seeing him do well, whereas before he was just Hamilton's b!tch. Surprising to see that Lewis is dealing so well with it, when there was such rivalry between him and Rosberg, I hated Lewis' gut because he was being such an @sshole. Indeed raises the question how long the friendliness well stay between Lewis and Valtteri.

That's an interesting observation. Since he burst onto the scene, I don't think I recall seeing him being half an asshole at all. 

I can name at least a few that are major assholes ahead of him for sure. Prost, Vettel, Alonso, Schumacher, Rosberg, etc.Hell even Max is ahead in that department.

--

As today is May 1st, here is a tribute to Senna. (Another asshole on track)

IMG_2830.JPG

He is one of us smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    Joost:

That's an interesting observation. Since he burst onto the scene, I don't think I recall seeing him being half an asshole at all. 

I can name at least a few that are major assholes ahead of him for sure. Prost, Vettel, Alonso, Schumacher, Rosberg, etc.Hell even Max is ahead in that department.

Well, he came across (to me) as an asshole, it seemed he was playing major mindgames with Nico back then. I think now t has become clear that it was more the interaction between the two and that Nico was maybe more to blame for playing mindgames.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:
    Whoopsy:
    Joost:

Well, he came across (to me) as an asshole, it seemed he was playing major mindgames with Nico back then. I think now t has become clear that it was more the interaction between the two and that Nico was maybe more to blame for playing mindgames.

Of course the mind game was in full swing. Rosberg is mentally fragile, like a child. Any competitor, not just Hamilton, would have explore that to the fullest. Just like if they see Rosberg have a habit of running one corner a tad wide, everyone would have try to dive bomb him for a passing maneuver.

--

I remember when senna at spa braked just in front of prost.......

--

993 c2

Gauss:

I’m curious to see how long Bottas will keep up the fight. He’s doing really well.

Same with me, but LH should be aware that just one technical issue with his car could cost him the championship like it did happen 2016 with NICOrette.

LH was clearly faster than NR but the later took profit out of Lewis car failure a few races prior to season and so he lost it.

So hopefully Lewis is taking VB serious as he's on his prime in this season and maybe this year's car is "so easy to drive" that you don't need supreme skills to outperform all competitors?!Smiley

Hamilton looks to be struggling more than Bottas this season. Let's see if Bottas can clinch pole tomorrow.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Amazed at the dominance, even in the nascent season, of Mercedes.  Almost to the point of disregarding the rest of the season as each race has become more and more boring.  

Still LH struggles with VB more than expected this season, I guess this seasons Merc „is to easy to drive“ and no diva anymore!

But there have been some battery issues with LH‘s car due that he aborted his second lap in Q2; he ran out of battery in his first run in Q3 and nobody could improve in the second run.

VB is doing the maximum right now, looking forward if Lewis will back up again in the start phase as he did obviously in Baku where he didn’t pushed it to the limits

To be honest I fell asleep in the qualifying.... about the only thing that could make thinks interesting now is a VB and LH fight and mutual reluctance to give in t the first corner....

This race was almost exciting up to the first turn.  Then it turned flatter than Vettel’s right front tire. 

so boring so boring that it is almost iimpossible to watch todays F1...so bad ...they have to do something about it...and it is not mercedes domination which they deserve, but not 1 fight for the first 6 positions..it is like a traffic jam ..everybody is following. this sport is destinated to close in a short time nobody will watch it anymore….said from one that are studing the friday practice in order to see the race pace…...damn...so sad I m.

--

993 c2

I agree, soooooo boring. Something needs to be done. Fast....

But i enjoyed the Porsche super cup racekiss

The farmer:

I wonder why you enjoyed the Porsche super cup race!?!   The closest I saw of that the race on the television, were the cars in a paddock area near the entrance of the pit area.  Was your car in the front row?

CGX car nut:
    The farmer:

I wonder why you enjoyed the Porsche super cup race!?!   The closest I saw of that the race on the television, were the cars in a paddock area near the entrance of the pit area.  Was your car in the front row?

Identical cars, all about car setup and driver skills.

--

Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:
    The farmer:

Yes I know but the cars do have different paint schemes, correct?   Are you in this series too?

CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:
    The farmer:

Yes I know but the cars do have different paint schemes, correct?   Are you in this series too?

Nah I am not that good. 

Super Cup is the top series, below it sits the Carrera Cup, then the Sport Cup.

And yes, the cars have different paint schemes according to sponsors.

--

Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:
    The farmer:

Nah I am not that good. 

Super Cup is the top series, below it sits the Carrera Cup, then the Sport Cup.

And yes, the cars have different paint schemes according to sponsors.

Thanks for the information.  

I guess I enjoy it more because I drive such a car myself and know about ten of the drivers. On Telly it looks easy, but I know how hard the push these cars and how hard it is to drive it on the limit. wink

For me, Ferrari messes it always up with their strategy.

First, if you use team-order than use it quick enough. Waiting to destroy the tires and loose time is stupid.

What to hell thought Ferrari putting Lecrec on his second stint with hard tires. They are 1 second slower. He has 44 laps to go. So he was loosing 44 seconds and one stop was 22 seconds. 

--

AM

Ferrari must make sure Leclerc is slower then Vettel angry

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Because they have invested a lot of money in Vettel.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

But this a stupid strategy, or?

--

AM

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764465 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436581 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261082 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257999 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82667 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876956 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809037 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM