Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

what is this?

it's a pic from the paris show. Very nice. With so many beautiful cars being produced now it is the time to hit the lottery.
    Tom

Re: what is this?

a car built in Marocco. 300k euro! ridiculous!

It's Laraki "Fulgura" from Marocco........

Quote:
    Captain Bady said:

Why ridiculous? It is interesting. But I wouldn't buy it.

It's powered by Brabus-tuned Mercedes engines. Either the supercharged 5.5-V8 or the bi-turbo V12 are available.

A friend of mine worked on the interior of the car!

looks like a zonda wannabe.

What so special about this car? Hmm, may be its the first car which looks like its going to cry

Quote:
    lev said:
    What so special about this car? Hmm, may be its the first car which looks like its going to cry

its a transparent attempt at 'netting a fathead' as we say in china.

hoping someone will see right past the lack of heritage/history/emotion that supercars require, and see only the pricetag, and thusly, associate that with the aformentioned musts.

or mabye some diehard collector who already has everything else will buy it.

or mabye its someone's answer (wrong!) to the Enzo, because Ferrari wouldn't sell them one, more than a few car companies have started under those terms in the last year or two.

hahaha

What's so funny about the car? Except for the headlights and the CGT'esque front hood it is a very nice concept. The design was developed in Germany, if I remember correctly from the same person that also shaped the YES-roadster.

I could imagine that there are a lot of people in the Islamic region with enough money who would be willing to buy this car! And Mercedes, especially their engines, have a very high reputation in these countries!

Anyways, it's true that there are way too many sportscar manufacturers out there right now and I don't think many will be on the scene for a long time!

Quote:
    Moogle said:hoping someone will see right past the lack of heritage/history/emotion that supercars require, and see only the pricetag, and thusly, associate that with the aformentioned musts.

What heritage & history did the Koenigsegg have?
    Face it, you think it's ridiculous to pay that much money for a car made in Morocco

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Captain Bady said:

Why ridiculous? It is interesting. But I wouldn't buy it.

Because I would never pay that amount for that car.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    What's so funny about the car? Except for the headlights and the CGT'esque front hood it is a very nice concept. The design was developed in Germany, if I remember correctly from the same person that also shaped the YES-roadster.

I could imagine that there are a lot of people in the Islamic region with enough money who would be willing to buy this car! And Mercedes, especially their engines, have a very high reputation in these countries!

Anyways, it's true that there are way too many sportscar manufacturers out there right now and I don't think many will be on the scene for a long time!

in the Islamic region? 7th continent?

The truth is the external design is not the reason to buy the sport car.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:

Nothing funny about this car, its just the way it looks like its going to cry...So Morgan Aero new model has very strange front lights that dont seem face straight - however I know its just an optical illusion

Anyway, there are two ways to do it in my view - one is to create an exclusive, almost unreal form factor and then guess what - put engine and other main parts from Merc (AMG), FORD etc. engine and that what you have in that picture and the second one create a car with unique, tuned for that specific car engine, handling etc. (see Porsche, Ferrari etc.)

So is it this a sport car in the picture - not really in my view. does it look cool, yes I would say so

At that price I certainly would go for a Pagani Zonda S

out of the 300k~ manufactuers that have barely any heritage/etc

there are pagani with the zonda, zonda s and zonda s roadster

the koenigsegg CC8, to a certain extent, bristol fighter, and various others incredibly small companies such as Ascari.

they are all mid engine supercar type cars that are well in the 300k+ range

from a history, etc standpoint they are all more or less the same

i would choose the The Zonda S roadster, or Koeniggsegg because they have the most street credit.

ie, the zonda is superexotic, with the AMG engine and famous carbon fiber, also it was featured in that videogame Gran Turismo 3.

the koenigsegg was in the 2004 gumball 3000 and recieved much press coverage

the rest of the mentioned cars including the one in this thread, are mainly infants in terms of brand development, and would only be viable choices if they were free.

Tom

Quote:
    lev said:
    Quote:
    Ferdie said:

in the Islamic region? 7th continent?

The truth is the external design is not the reason to buy the sport car.

Lev, sorry but I didn't get the point! I was honest with my comment!

The Mercedes engine is an extremely valuable advantage of this car - even if it is supplied by Brabus! Pagani uses an AMG-variant and there's nothing wrong with it! I don't even think that these engines are much heavier than the Enzo engine for example. The CGT's one is a marvel, no comment on that!

I don't actually think that the car looks that bad. Here are some other pictures. If you commented badly about the front, what will you say about the rear?

Just to make sure - I am not consequently in favour for that car and I might not even consider to buy it - but to me it is quite remarkable what they achieved. Even more remarkable to me is that they didn't style it on their own but left it to someone experienced!

Moogle, how many car manufacturers still have a true tradition? What about the Bugatti. Even the EB110 had no connection to the previous models from the 30ies, even the headquarter was in a different country!

Companies can only build up reputation by achieving something spectacular. Ferrari and Aston Martin did so, of course the same wit Porsche and even Lamborghini.
    How many others can you take into account on that issue?

Greetings!

2nd.

Sorry I was just joking. Man this car LOOKS great

I was just trying to tell that the so called super expensive super cars ar divided into two categories, that you explained the same way I see it

for me, once a car's price is about double/triple what it costs to produce it, after that, the additional asking prices must be justified with heritage, historical achievements, history, and to a lesser extend, independance (all of which porsche has in spades , even over, dare i say, ferrari - which is now a fiat 'division' ).

Thanks for the other views. I think that is one of the best looking supercars not from one of the big 4 mentioned above.
    As to cost, making something like this by a tiny company must be hideously costly. They would have to sell quite a few to break even.

Tom

Quote:
    lev said:
    Sorry I was just joking. Man this car LOOKS great

I was just trying to tell that the so called super expensive super cars ar divided into two categories, that you explained the same way I see it

Referring to your 7th continent comment - I guess I got it by now. I was trying to say that there are a lot of people in the Islamic culture with abundance of wealth - which not consequently has to be in Africa...

I don't even think that it is mainly about earning money - I could imagine that it is a very eliterian circle of car enthusiasts that build this car for prestige. Most companies start saving on the design - I should try to gather some information about their connections with Brabus and the design studio I mentioned above...

....I think the front looks like what the future 998 might be like???

check those pics also...

this is the funny one , the tallest gearstick i have ever seen in my life!!!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM