Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Mission E...the future of Porsche?

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo racking up the miles in testing....

Damn, seems as if the right exhaust has fallen off. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

SciFrog:

Again, coming from a moderator I find this post totally unacceptable on many levels. It is degrading, condescending and discriminatory.

I am officially requesting for MKSGR to be demoted or at least reprimanded. Nick is trying to do the right thing in the other thread at least. But what is written above is simply disgusting.

So according to MKSGR, your family is lower class. By that logic, lower class families buy Porsche, and the others buy Ferrari?

I'm beginning to think this forum was in fact one that I should have just kept lurking in rather than participating in. It's a pretty sorry state that someone equates wealth and class to a brand of car. We don't drive a Porsche by choice, not because of wealth or class. Porsche and Ferrari simply don't make the cars my family wants or needs. It has nothing to do with wealth.

SciFrog:
    MKSGR:
    SciFrog:

The Taycan will be inferior in range, acceleration, efficiency and autonomous driving, these are pretty much facts. What is your point?

The Tesla is cheaper. The Porsche is the superior car. Families with lower income buy Tesla. The other buy Porsche.

BTW: This is the Taycan thread. Please post Tesla related stuff in the Tesla thread. Many thanks!

Again, coming from a moderator I find this post totally unacceptable on many levels. It is degrading, condescending and discriminatory.

I am officially requesting for MKSGR to be demoted or at least reprimanded. Nick is trying to do the right thing in the other thread at least. But what is written above is simply disgusting.

Maybe you reconsider before posting... You are a guest here.

SciFrog:
    SciFrog:
    MKSGR:
    SciFrog:

The Taycan will be inferior in range, acceleration, efficiency and autonomous driving, these are pretty much facts. What is your point?

The Tesla is cheaper. The Porsche is the superior car. Families with lower income buy Tesla. The other buy Porsche.

BTW: This is the Taycan thread. Please post Tesla related stuff in the Tesla thread. Many thanks!

Furthermore, my previous post was back on topic and it was CGX that brought back the old comparaison. Yet a moderator dares to say I am not the one on topic whereas he should have directed his comment to CGX.

I have said it here before, RT has a huge moderating issue currently and despite Nick trying to put everything back in line, things are not changing. This place has already lost one longtime member this week and soon more will follow if things are not dealt with properly.

I have always seen RT as a much larger and interesting exchange place than sport cars. You already banned politics, if you ban EV and everything that has to do with the future of automobiles in general, this will greatly diminish this interest of some here. This group of people is getting older and their interest in sport cars, especially in todays more and more restrictive environment on the road, is fading while younger people simply do not care as much for cars and driving anymore. The world is changing yet some here just want to stay in their bubble. It is their prerogative, but it is not their place to denigrate the rest of us.

You post (correctly) above that Nick tried to calm the discussion. And what are you doing? You are making loud noises. Keep calm as Nick suggested. And remember you are a guest. Don't try to play the moderator's against each other. This will not be tolerated. 

keithw:
    SciFrog:

So according to MKSGR, your family is lower class. By that logic, lower class families buy Porsche, and the others buy Ferrari?

I'm beginning to think this forum was in fact one that I should have just kept lurking in rather than participating in. It's a pretty sorry state that someone equates wealth and class to a brand of car. We don't drive a Porsche by choice, not because of wealth or class. Porsche and Ferrari simply don't make the cars my family wants or needs. It has nothing to do with wealth.

Lower income does not mean lower class. Unless your world view is such? We here don't share your view however.

I'll chalk it up to being a non-native speaker, but what you said was very snobby in English and I'm sure that's why SciFrog took it as such considering just how expensive the Model S and Model X are. I'm not sure which model SciFrog bought but it was likely more than most Porsches.

For reference, the Cayenne base price is $65,000. The Model X is $87,000.

I think you might be surprised by the income of Model S and Model X owners, probably even the ones on this forum.

MKSGR:
    SciFrog:
    MKSGR:
    SciFrog:

I am a guest, and that’s not a way to treat a guest in your house.

Ban me if you dare. At this point it would not be surprising, your behavior is below the class of this place.

I have never been vulgar, offensive or behaved in a bad manner. Because I do not agree with you does not give you the right to treat people like that.

Since when is ‘lower income’ an insult? yes

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

I'm hearing we will see the Taycan at Porsche US Dealers in December. Looking forward to a test drive. I'm anticipating the Macan EV becoming my daily driver. 

--

2016 Porsche 991 Carrera GTS  Black with AeroKit Cup Package,  2017 Porsche Cayenne Platinum  Purpurite Metallic, New York

SciFrog:
    MKSGR:
    SciFrog:
    MKSGR:
    SciFrog:

I am a guest, and that’s not a way to treat a guest in your house.

Ban me if you dare. At this point it would not be surprising, your behavior is below the class of this place.

I have never been vulgar, offensive or behaved in a bad manner. Because I do not agree with you does not give you the right to treat people like that.

What you are accusing Markus is exactly what your are doing, you are (your words) being offensive, below class for this place and not respecting the rules of your host with your rants against the staff, how do you not see it? Here is an idea that has been released by two other mods in this thread, why don't you stick to the Tesla thread and leave this thread for people who what to read about sporty EV cars like the Taycan and not family cars and much less the incessant Tesla campaigning? 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I did, CXG dragged it back above...

Still wondering if the profile of the Taycan will look similar to the preview brochure images...

1555860255624image.jpeg

1555860264239image.jpeg

1555860280399image.jpeg

1555860288901image.jpeg

1555860296966image.jpeg

1555860304693image.jpeg

1555860311809image.jpeg

Smiley

I got my Taycan pre-order certificate in the mail yesterday. No more details on spec. If the regular pricing for porsche is to go by I am not sure I will get one. I am only willing to throw so much cash into a GT product where I won’t loose that much money. For the same lease price I can probably get both a Model 3 performance and AMG GLC 63 / X3M ... my i8 and ‘model X leases are up at the end of the year. My Model S lease has a year to run. 

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

SciFrog:

I did, CXG dragged it back above...

That is disingenuous and immature.  I expect more from you. I told you to review what you had previously written about the very same article from AutoCar I had posted and you were now attempting to praise on its second posting. There was no need for the tit-for-tat response that you made. 

I will reiterate that I look forward to Porsche’s first EV because, like it or not, EVs represent the future for most automakers because of strict carbon emission restrictions in the EU, China, and California. 

Clearly I was not the only one thinking you are wrong on this specific item... Will stop posting in this thread as requested.

Hearing the same from my dealer first customer cars in December. Can't wait for IAA in September will definitely going to have look. I would not be amazed if there would be a German preview before the IAA. (like they did with the Panamera)

GTS, I think we are all still hoping that it will look like those silhouette pictures. I am afraid though that especially the flared fenders will be much less pronounced on the production model. Well, only time will tell! At the moment, I am most bummed about the estate version... imo “sport turismo” is such an absolute empty matketing monicer that it is almost emberassing. On the other hand, seeing a Panamera sport turismo on the streets is still like seeing those semi-sleeper audi rs models; they’re still pretty awesome to come across.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

JR-550:

Hearing the same from my dealer first customer cars in December. Can't wait for IAA in September will definitely going to have look. I would not be amazed if there would be a German preview before the IAA. (like they did with the Panamera)

I think the Taycan’s technology will be as groundbreaking to Porsche as the original 1948 roadster that began the 356 series.   It is just that important.   While I am sad to acknowledge that the 911, with an internal combustion engine has finality in its lifecycle, I am hopeful for the new phase of Porsche.  In the interim, I’m waiting for that manual 992 Carrera S!

I expect the change to be even more "groundbreaking" and changing the biz model of PAG in the next couple of years. Wondering, what will happen to the dealers, that are already under high pressure (at least over here). 

schmoell:

I expect the change to be even more "groundbreaking" and changing the biz model of PAG in the next couple of years. Wondering, what will happen to the dealers, that are already under high pressure (at least over here). 

For one as EV's start to replace the ICE models, their maintenance/repair shops will certainly take a hit no? with EV requiring much less maintenance if I'm not mistaken Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Good to see this thread back on track. I'm one of those really excited about the direction Porsche is taking with their EV programs.

Hope that we in this thread can get the usual rennteam intel and more details about the upcoming production car first hand. Posts from ALDO earlier in this thread are great examples of why I still enjoy visiting rennteam.

My few cents to some of the heated posts in here is that is not fun to watch and will completely destroy this community if it is allowed to continue. I hope this and other threads can turn away from being so black or white and focus on real pros and cons instead of the two sided bitching. I have tried a few times describing my personal experience with EVs and thought it might add or inform, but many in here seems to call out "EV blinded" or "Tesla fanboy" as soon as someone write about the positive things about EVs or Tesla when the intent most often is from a clarification point of view or just giving a balanced opinion. But I'm sure things will change with time and when people start to drive EVs. At leasts as daily drivers where in m opinion a sporty EV can be more fun and give some big smiles in a different way. It's a new experience that I hope more drivers get to enjoy and in many cases in parallell with their gas cars.

Please let us discuss here the future of the automotive industry.

Maybe if each party just stops provoking and stops argumenting without real arguments we could give this thread a chance again.

The EV future is so exciting let us be part of it. 

--

AM

I have zero doubt VW lead by Porsche will build fantastic EVS in the future. They are very good at manufacturing and R&D, they have a lot of experience in building cars and nice interior and at finding synergies between product lines to save money, and last but not least, they are very good at marketing and extracting maximum $$ for every sales in the luxury segment. They also have poured a massive amount of money in EV focus, further reinforcing my ides that EV is the future of transportation (sport cars being the last segment to switch in 5 to 10 years). The Taycan is shaping up to be a real Porsche in terms of build quality and expansive testing.

But the products currently announced by legacy automotive makers are gen1 products. The real question is how fast will they get gen2 and gen3 products out, as well as their own ICE canibalization. They are traditionally very slow to refresh product to gain maximum $$, which made sense. 7-8 cycles with year 4-5 refresh. But now EV technology and software for cars as a whole is moving much faster. So what will happen?

PS: I believe this post is 100% on topic and reflects the message I tried to express for many weeks in this thread.

Speaking as an “ICE purist” I am intrigued about what a gen2 or gen3 EV might offer me as an “automotive experience.” But what’s commercially available to me right now (gen1 in your lingo) isn’t adequately engaging for me to buy it. But clearly many consumers have already crossed that threshold.

When the Taycan becomes available, I might take a test drive, but I don’t think it will be compelling enough for me to buy it. I think I’ve got too much “established emotional programming” about ICE sounds, sensations and even smells that the EV cannot (yet) overcome. But maybe one day soon?

I have consistently said that I like both Tesla and the upcoming Taycan, and that for the most part each will retain its customer base. And yes, Tesla has great experience and development behind it.  You could say it is no longer a Gen1 product. 

But one could also say that there is not now a Gen1 sport performance EV, which is Porsche’s goal. Tesla’s goal is different.  Not inferior, but different.  

And I am going to be blamed again for this thread being off topic, sigh...

Cool!!!

By the way I ihave requested to be "deleted" from this Forum!!!

15/16 Years on this Forum and Thanks to You "to all you guys!!!! 

Hugs and Kisses!!!!

SciFrog,
    “your behavior is below the class of this place.“

Last warning: no further insults like above or you will be history here. On Rennteam we should not insult other people. It is actually part of the forum rules.

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Cool!!!

By the way I ihave requested to be "deleted" from this Forum!!!

15/16 Years on this Forum and Thanks to You "to all you guys!!!! 

Hugs and Kisses!!!!

Why? Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Oh god, we were 5 post on track when a member got a warning, one brings up Tesla again and the another one just quits for no reason 

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776521 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441406 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262621 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260777 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85068 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5494 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880426 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815517 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM