Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

Ferrari and many luxury car dealers have always done this though this has become more difficult as people nowadays are more difficult to judge as in the past. When I lived in the düsseldorf area in the Late 80s I couldn’t  understand why someone would pay a premium for a Ferrari or Lamborghini or even a Mercedes in the little town I lived in. But I was told by someone in the businesss that the some of the premium dealers didn’t want a certain clientele in their dealerships rubbing shoulders with their existing customers. And the heavily tattooed bouncer type pimp still wanted to drive his S class Mercedes and paid a premium for it and bought the new car second hand with a few kilometres on it.

AJ

vantagesc:
    RC:

I was told that Lamborghini, similar to Ferrari, started to "vet" and select customers for the very same reason you mentioned. At least here in Germany. They cannot control the second hand market though...

Somehow I find it hard to believe that a dealer would not make a sale to someone just because of the personality of the customer.  Doesn't seem like allocations are hard to get in Germany and therefore they wouldn't forgo a sale.  If the waiting list is full, then another story.

True story. This doesn't mean you need to be an intellectual with five degrees to be able to order a car Smiley but if you run a brothel or produced some negative headlines as a criminal or whatever, they won't sell to you. Not sure if they're going to tell it to your face but... Smiley They also don't like flippers, especially professional ones. There was some stuff going on with the Aventador SV and early Performante, so...

The road enjoyment thing is a tricky one.  These cars are unquestionably tuned for the track, especially the RS with the rose jointed suspension, etc.  If you really wanted to go fast on the road, it's a bit too stiffly sprung for that, but it still works pretty well on nice roads.  Also, you can't really use the performance of these cars on the road.  On the other hand, ever drive a 996 GT3.  The 991 RS is pretty tame.  

95% probably can't use the full performance on the track either, so... Smiley

996 GT3? I drove one on a couple of occasions many years ago, it was tuned (single mass flywheel, different exhaust and 100 cell cats, etc.) and it was fun, very direct car for that time but I was more into power than handling, so... 

The fun with these cars is that you don't really need to drive them on the limit to enjoy them. A Huracan Performante is  already fun slightly above idle Smiley.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

AJ:

Ferrari and many luxury car dealers have always done this though this has become more difficult as people nowadays are more difficult to judge as in the past. When I lived in the düsseldorf area in the Late 80s I couldn’t  understand why someone would pay a premium for a Ferrari or Lamborghini or even a Mercedes in the little town I lived in. But I was told by someone in the businesss that the some of the premium dealers didn’t want a certain clientele in their dealerships rubbing shoulders with their existing customers. And the heavily tattooed bouncer type pimp still wanted to drive his S class Mercedes and paid a premium for it and bought the new car second hand with a few kilometres on it.

AJ

Smiley The problem nowadays is that pimps often look like serious business men and serious business men like pimps (OK, not really but you get my point). Nowadays it is very difficult to judge people by their visual appearances, so they started to "vet" people once they try to put their order in.

Of course this doesn't mean that all Lamborghini or Ferrari customers are honest people with an honest job Smiley but they try to keep shady people away from their business, so they don't ruin their reputation, I get that.

You'd be also surprised how many people own a Lamborghini but don't talk about it: My dealer plans an event in my hometown because apparently, there are over 20(!) Lamborghini in my town. So far, I have seen only one and it belongs to my buddy, an Aventador SV (he sold his Performante Spyder to get the new Aventador SVJ Roadster instead, what a shame). Otherwise I haven't seen any Lamborghini here...20. Ouch. People are good in hiding their cars because they are usually parked somewhere else. My jeweler has a McLaren 570S, he had a McLaren 675LT (sold it), he still has a Ferrari F12 and a Ferrari FF but I've seen only the 570S and the F12 once...by mistake (I recognized him driving the cars in a different(!) town). When I mentioned it to him during one of our meets, he was quite surprised that I knew. He and his wife usually drive in public only an Audi A6 station wagon and an older 997 Carrera S Convertible. Smart. Welcome to Germany. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

The only characteristic auto dealers are concerned about is the wallet. If they can rely on a client to regularly buy cars and service them at the dealership you could look like a cave man, smell like shit and vinegar and still get a car. Whether it’s Porsche or Ferrari they are all the same.

--

There is nothing stronger than gentleness.

nberry:

The only characteristic auto dealers are concerned about is the wallet. If they can rely on a client to regularly buy cars and service them at the dealership you could look like a cave man, smell like shit and vinegar and still get a car. Whether it’s Porsche or Ferrari they are all the same.

Not necessarily true.  Over a decade ago, the local Bentley, Rolls-Royce, and Lamborghini dealer was owned by what can politely be described as a less-than-honorable individual.  Many of the transactions for vehicles were conducted with bags of cash.  Volkswagen Group, to its credit, built a solid case against the franchise owner and was able to cancel the agreement.  It was later awarded to a local family-owned dealer group.

My point is it doesn't matter what you look like. Others in this thread seem to be saying it does.

--

nberry:

My point is it doesn't matter what you look like. Others in this thread seem to be saying it does.

Of course it doesn't matter what you look alike but it often matters who you are and what business you're in.

However, in the past, car sales persons at luxury car dealerships often ignored people entering their business solely based on how they looked and how they were dressed.

Nowdays, many luxury class dealerships sell their cars to craftsmen with their own business, the current construction boom has made some people quite rich. My tiler, he owns his own business, has a Ferrari collection. My painter came last time in a new BMW 7 series with a small trailer in the back, where he had all his painting stuff. 

--

RC:
    Gnil:

Two years ago I went to a track event organized by my local Lamborghini club . I went because they allowed kids to drive our cars, so my 13 year old son was able to drive my RS on the track . It was great . The Lambo owners were very nice, but a bit different then the Porsche guys . Some also owned Porsche , but they all had the passion for Lambo . On track most of them drove pretty slowly , it was mainly to drive their cars on a track , but they were not interested in going fast . It seemed that their cars were to them more like a sacred object , or a piece of art that needs to be taken gently care off . Also some of the guys , mainly the ones that had second hand cars, were they type wearing those flashy t-shirts, with decolored/ ripped  jeans and a few flashy chains here and there . All friendly, but a bit different 

I am going back with them in September . We will visit the Lambo factory and then go to Varano for a track day, again, kids will be allowed to drive .  It will be quite an event , as we drive in a convoy ( about 20 cars ) from Switzerland to Lambo factory ( around 600 km ) . Should raise some thumbs in Italy !

I was just told yesterday that this time there will be a few Porsche that will join the event , but on track the Lambo guys decided that they do not want Porsche to drive at the same time as the Lambo as they fear Porsche owners will want to race the Lambo guys 

I will race you anytime if you pay for my tire wear, possible damages (stone, accident...you never know) and so on. Smiley

At some point in life, there is no need to prove yourself if you achieved everything you wanted. So why risk damage, cost and so on if it doesn't "give" you anything in return? Smiley I also won't make it into the F1 anymore, so why bother? Smiley Smiley

I don't know if this is valid for those Lambo guys you met (so far, I know two Lamborghini owners personally but the also have a bunch of other cars and tons of money, so... Smiley) but I can tell you for sure that I will not seriously race my Performante, unless someone is paying for it (I am pretty sure Porker wouldn't mind to see me drive, maybe he can do some sort of collection for poor RC Smiley).

I will attend some friendly track events but usually, these events are pretty much harmless and fun, even if some of the drivers (may) have the feeling they are fast. Smiley Smiley Another problem with serious track events is insurance and warranty. At my age (54), there are more important things in life than trying to achieve best track times.

This is why, unlike in the past where it was the other way around, I tremendously enjoy those drives with friends in the mountains (pass roads, etc...Germany, Austria and Italy) and in the past around the Cote d'Azur (got too crowded and police is merciless now). So much fun to drive without any pressure, having a good lunch (or brunch), enjoying the weather (we were very lucky the past few times) and just enjoying life without any stress. Smiley Smiley

Smiley  Are you not confusing real racing ( racing is with a proper car intended solely for that with a team )  with amateur track fun ?  Or maybe you can't just have fun on a track , you need to '' race '' . I know someone like that . He just can't drive on a track for pure enjoyment . He needs to '' race '' everyone , always driving with a knife between his teeth  . He jus't can't help it . Don't know what he needs to prove . 

I let these king of people pass, I have no need , nor intention, to risk my car for jus being in form of another guy . Also , I do not chase time . I hardly ever time myself . To me this is often a recepy for crash . 

No way can you enjoy fully the cars on public roads . Have fun yes, enjoy them yes, but you can't push them . If you do so, you put yourself, other drivers and your license at high risk . What's the point . I much rather go to a track and drive the speed I want without having to worry about cops and oncoming traffic ......Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    RC:
    Gnil:

Two years ago I went to a track event organized by my local Lamborghini club . I went because they allowed kids to drive our cars, so my 13 year old son was able to drive my RS on the track . It was great . The Lambo owners were very nice, but a bit different then the Porsche guys . Some also owned Porsche , but they all had the passion for Lambo . On track most of them drove pretty slowly , it was mainly to drive their cars on a track , but they were not interested in going fast . It seemed that their cars were to them more like a sacred object , or a piece of art that needs to be taken gently care off . Also some of the guys , mainly the ones that had second hand cars, were they type wearing those flashy t-shirts, with decolored/ ripped  jeans and a few flashy chains here and there . All friendly, but a bit different 

I am going back with them in September . We will visit the Lambo factory and then go to Varano for a track day, again, kids will be allowed to drive .  It will be quite an event , as we drive in a convoy ( about 20 cars ) from Switzerland to Lambo factory ( around 600 km ) . Should raise some thumbs in Italy !

I was just told yesterday that this time there will be a few Porsche that will join the event , but on track the Lambo guys decided that they do not want Porsche to drive at the same time as the Lambo as they fear Porsche owners will want to race the Lambo guys 

I will race you anytime if you pay for my tire wear, possible damages (stone, accident...you never know) and so on. Smiley

At some point in life, there is no need to prove yourself if you achieved everything you wanted. So why risk damage, cost and so on if it doesn't "give" you anything in return? Smiley I also won't make it into the F1 anymore, so why bother? Smiley Smiley

I don't know if this is valid for those Lambo guys you met (so far, I know two Lamborghini owners personally but the also have a bunch of other cars and tons of money, so... Smiley) but I can tell you for sure that I will not seriously race my Performante, unless someone is paying for it (I am pretty sure Porker wouldn't mind to see me drive, maybe he can do some sort of collection for poor RC Smiley).

I will attend some friendly track events but usually, these events are pretty much harmless and fun, even if some of the drivers (may) have the feeling they are fast. Smiley Smiley Another problem with serious track events is insurance and warranty. At my age (54), there are more important things in life than trying to achieve best track times.

This is why, unlike in the past where it was the other way around, I tremendously enjoy those drives with friends in the mountains (pass roads, etc...Germany, Austria and Italy) and in the past around the Cote d'Azur (got too crowded and police is merciless now). So much fun to drive without any pressure, having a good lunch (or brunch), enjoying the weather (we were very lucky the past few times) and just enjoying life without any stress. Smiley Smiley

Smiley  Are you not confusing real racing ( racing is with a proper car intended solely for that with a team )  with amateur track fun ?  Or maybe you can't just have fun on a track , you need to '' race '' . I know someone like that . He just can't drive on a track for pure enjoyment . He needs to '' race '' everyone , always driving with a knife between his teeth  . He jus't can't help it . Don't know what he needs to prove . 

I let these king of people pass, I have no need , nor intention, to risk my car for jus being in form of another guy . Also , I do not chase time . I hardly ever time myself . To me this is often a recepy for crash . 

No way can you enjoy fully the cars on public roads . Have fun yes, enjoy them yes, but you can't push them . If you do so, you put yourself, other drivers and your license at high risk . What's the point . I much rather go to a track and drive the speed I want without having to worry about cops and oncoming traffic ......Smiley

Exactly. Not tracking a sportscar is like skipping the desert. No matter how excuisite the preceding dishes, you haven't had the full experience unless you finish with the desert Smiley 

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Gnil:
    RC:
    Gnil:

I was just reacting to one of Porker's older posts...let me have the fun with him, he had his with me as well. Smiley Smiley Maybe I should have put more smileys in my post, I forgot how people either don't believe anything I say or everything (when it suits their "agenda"). Smiley Btw: Porker was serious. Just saying... Smiley 

Exactly, I mentioned it many times...the driving with the knife between the teeth. Smiley

You can fully enjoy the cars on public roads but you cannot push them to their limit. This doesn't mean you can't have fun with them. I have zero points on my license, zero (self inflicted) accidents for more than 34 years and I have many friends who give me their cars unconditionally because they trust my judging. Still having fun, there are so many fun public roads where even driving at the legal speed limit would be risky. Also, there are other possibilities, I mentioned those pass roads and group drives. Most people don't enjoy driving their cars at the limit anyway, way too stressful, so they enjoy their cars most at a faster pace, maybe slightly above the legal speeds but never in a way to endanger third parties or themselves. 

--

Tracking should be fun. I don't have fun anymore because of cost (and associated worries), I enjoy other things in life. Like spending time with the family or with friends during group drives. I said it before, cost is a serious issue. 30 years ago, I didn't mind destroying a set of tires on one track day or some stone chips/damages on rims and paint, it was just money, right? Smiley Nowadays I always think about what I could do instead with the money. Smiley My son asked me to do some drifting in the E63S (winter tires). I had some fun with him, smoke included. Smiley Last week I was at my Mercedes dealer because the engine ODB lamp came on again. When returning the car to me, the mechanic said "what the heck did you do with the front and especially the rear tires on the right side of the car?" I didn't understand at first but then he showed me. In conclusion, I got yesterday two new winter tires. Smiley

Sorry but at my age, you set priorities. My Huracan Performante will see the track maybe twice or three times a year (special events with my buddies) and that's it. These events already cost me close to 8k EUR together (incl. catering and everything). My buddies enjoy such track events and other events more than a dozen times a year, they spend 2-3k EUR for a weekend and yes, it is fun. a 40-50k EUR per year fun. I cannot afford it, sorry. I want to spend time with my family, this is more important to me and if I blow out the money for car fun only, there won't be anything left for other stuff like vacations. My kids still live at home and I enjoy every single moment with them.

--

My experience with tracking is you cannot control who else is driving on the track. Tracking allows driving at the limit of the driver who often doesn’t know his limits. There is nothing more dangerous.

--

RC:
    I was just reacting to one of Porker's older posts...let me have the fun with him, he had his with me as well. Smiley Smiley Maybe I should have put more smileys in my post, I forgot how people either don't believe anything I say or everything (when it suits their "agenda"). Smiley Btw: Porker was serious. Just saying... Smiley 

It gets pretty hard to follow sometimes Smiley

You can fully enjoy the cars on public roads but you cannot push them to their limit. This doesn't mean you can't have fun with them. I have zero points on my license, zero (self inflicted) accidents for more than 34 years and I have many friends who give me their cars unconditionally because they trust my judging. Still having fun, there are so many fun public roads where even driving at the legal speed limit would be risky. Also, there are other possibilities, I mentioned those pass roads and group drives. Most people don't enjoy driving their cars at the limit anyway, way too stressful, so they enjoy their cars most at a faster pace, maybe slightly above the legal speeds but never in a way to endanger third parties or themselves. 

I do enjoy my car on some tight passes in the mountains where , when driving at speed limits , you are already '' very fast'' around the corners . But ..... there is always a worry , you never know what hidden behind the corner .... a slow tractor, a bicycle , a dog, road work .... You can't be at ease . 

And yes, some people enjoy them just driving casually , no problem with that , but , to me , I would miss a big part of what the cars are about . 

--

RC:

Tracking should be fun. I don't have fun anymore because of cost (and associated worries), I enjoy other things in life. Like spending time with the family or with friends during group drives. I said it before, cost is a serious issue. 30 years ago, I didn't mind destroying a set of tires on one track day or some stone chips/damages on rims and paint, it was just money, right? Smiley Nowadays I always think about what I could do instead with the money. Smiley My son asked me to do some drifting in the E63S (winter tires). I had some fun with him, smoke included. Smiley Last week I was at my Mercedes dealer because the engine ODB lamp came on again. When returning the car to me, the mechanic said "what the heck did you do with the front and especially the rear tires on the right side of the car?" I didn't understand at first but then he showed me. In conclusion, I got yesterday two new winter tires. Smiley

Sorry but at my age, you set priorities. My Huracan Performante will see the track maybe twice or three times a year (special events with my buddies) and that's it. These events already cost me close to 8k EUR together (incl. catering and everything). My buddies enjoy such track events and other events more than a dozen times a year, they spend 2-3k EUR for a weekend and yes, it is fun. a 40-50k EUR per year fun. I cannot afford it, sorry. I want to spend time with my family, this is more important to me and if I blow out the money for car fun only, there won't be anything left for other stuff like vacations. My kids still live at home and I enjoy every single moment with them.

--

I did 7'500 km with my last set of Cup 2 on the RS , this included about 5 track days . Some tracks are heavy on tire , some are not at all ( like the Ring ) .  Actually I give sometimes priority to tracks because of how hard they are on the car or not .  I never drift .... a waist of money .  I never launch control . A waist of mechanics and some tire .  

Maybe you go to events that are too expensive . It costs me about 1000 to 1500 for one day events , all included  . And I choose nice events, with not too many cars and not so many crazy people ( I enjoy joining the Swiss Porsche Sports Cup events, as in between the trainings for the guys that do the races, one can do sessions in very good conditions + you get the great athmoshere . I go to medium hotels . No need for anything fancy as it is just to sleep . It just needs to be confortable . I enjoy then going out for good dinners . 

--

nberry:

My experience with tracking is you cannot control who else is driving on the track. Tracking allows driving at the limit of the driver who often doesn’t know his limits. There is nothing more dangerous.

But you can control who is driving on public roads Smiley  I am pretty sure statistics would show that you have a greater chance to be injured on the road then on a track .  In over 10 years of tracking with about 5 to 7 days a year, I never had any kind of incident .  

Yes, some guys do drive stupidly on the track . But you spot them very easily , and then you just stay away from them . 

--

nberry:

Tourist drives on the Nordschleife are for example indeed dangerous but organized events, especially from reputable organizers, are quite safe. If there is a hot head, they usually take him out pretty fast, either by talking to that particular person or by sending that person home. I've been to so many track events and the "bruises" are usually minor, like tire damages, rim damages or stone chip damages. There was once an engine damage due to serious over-revving (downshift) and somehow this was enough to "blow" the engine) but otherwise... 

--

Gnil:

Maybe you go to events that are too expensive . It costs me about 1000 to 1500 for one day events , all included  . And I choose nice events, with not too many cars and not so many crazy people ( I enjoy joining the Swiss Porsche Sports Cup events, as in between the trainings for the guys that do the races, one can do sessions in very good conditions + you get the great athmoshere . I go to medium hotels . No need for anything fancy as it is just to sleep . It just needs to be confortable . I enjoy then going out for good dinners . 

I have a certain driving level (sorry if this sounds arrogant or whatever... Smiley) and there aren't many events for me where I can actually learn something and only these events make sense to me if I have to pay serious money. Only exception are a couple of events in the past where I simply went for the company (friends) and the good vibe. I even was invited once but felt very bad about it because that guy paid 3k EUR for me...for a single day (OK, two nights at the hotel but driving was basically one day). Every time I meet this guy again, I try to be extra nice to him and I really like him and appreciate it but it is somehow weird between us now, so... Smiley My problem is also that most of my buddies are much wealthier than I am and/or are/were track pros (in the good old days Smiley) and they have certain "demands" to the location, the event, the instructors and this costs serious money. Smiley Top event with top catering and top instructors and top hotels costs top money. Smiley I get it, hard to believe that someone who has a Lamborghini Huracan Performante on order cannot afford events like that but this is the reality. I cannot pay 10k for an event and spend 10k for a vacation. There are several events per years where I would like to go. I have to make a choice and the choice is the family. I would lie if I'd say that I don't enjoy spending time with my kids and wife at least as much the time I spend with my buddies at such events. I know, I'm getting old, next car will be a Mercedes S class. Smiley Smiley 

--

Gnil:
    nberry:

But you can control who is driving on public roads Smiley  I am pretty sure statistics would show that you have a greater chance to be injured on the road then on a track .  In over 10 years of tracking with about 5 to 7 days a year, I never had any kind of incident .  

Yes, some guys do drive stupidly on the track . But you spot them very easily , and then you just stay away from them . 

One reason we usually do our group driving in more deserted areas (public roads) or very early (if the weather permits and the temperatures are OK). There are also days when we just enjoy the weather with open windows or open tops, stop at certain locations for a cold drink (without alcohol of course) or ice cream and just enjoy ourselves. Not easy in Germany though, the weather sucks very often. Smiley

--

Gnil:
    nberry:

The difference is on a track its an invitation to go as fast as you can for all cars. On the road, there is no racing. It’s an individual in one with his car negotiating interesting and diverse road conditions and geography. kiss

I do understand that a few prefer to track and that’s there choice. But they should not denigrate most of us who do not track our cars.Smiley

--

Some valid points about driving and involvement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sttdmm7ZIDQ

DuckieRS:

Some valid points about driving and involvement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sttdmm7ZIDQ

My age and past experience has certainly something to do with the fact that I ordered a Huracan Performante instead of a GT2 RS, 720S or F8 Tributo, whatever. All are basically in the same price range.

--

nberry:

I do understand that a few prefer to track and that’s there choice. But they should not denigrate most of us who do not track our cars.Smiley

I don't see much denigration here , surely not from me . To each his own , I have no problem with what ever people use their cars for . We all make our own choices based on our personal factors ..... and those vary a lot from person to person  .  

But some of the arguments used  do not hold the road ( if that makes any sense in english ) Smiley

--

Gnil:
    nberry:

I don't see much denigration here , surely not from me . To each his own , I have no problem with what ever people use their cars for . We all make our own choices based on our personal factors ..... and those vary a lot from person to person  .  

But some of the arguments used  do not hold the road ( if that makes any sense in english ) Smiley

I can only recommend to someone with a track "capable" car, even to SUV drivers Smiley, to track their car(s) from time to time, especially if they meet with friends and have some fun. Usually, the track teaches good lessons on how to control your car and what the limitations are. The better the instructor, the better the lesson. No instructor? Shitty lesson. It is important to learn how the car behaves in certain driving situations. If not a track event, do a driver ed event. We had once a very specific and unique wet driving event, I will never forget that. Doing a sliding 120 kph in a wet curve? Oh boy, so much fun. SmileyLearned so much about tires, traction and various methods to escape messy situations on wet pavement, it was so much fun and since this happened on an open areal, no damage to the car or even to the tires (wet). 

I also highly recommend to do a track event with every new car you get because every car behaves differently. It is also interesting to see/experience how the different driving programs work and how the car feels and drives with ESP turned off. This usually teaches people to always keep ESP turned on on public roads. Smiley

Nick, if you don't enjoy track events, go to driving ed events and learn how to control your car in tricky situations. No pressure here to achieve top times or whatever and no idiots who would make fun of you for whatever stupid reason. Everyone started slow and those geniuses who think they are fast usually always find their master (or they damage their car Smiley). Smiley I did two driver ed events with my wife and some of her female friends, it was real fun! I plan to do the same with my kids. Can't wait. Smiley Just enjoy yourself and your car. 

--

Christian, I have tracked my cars, attended the very first Porsche driving school and Ferrari driving schools. Not much more to teach me other than improving your skills by driving. There is only so much you can do with limited talent.indecision

I find it interesting that all automobile insurance companies in the US do not provide coverage for track events (except specialty carriers) even though they are designated education driving classes. There is a reason why their actuaries refuse insuring vehicles while driving on a track.

Gnil, I have never read a post of yours that personally criticized anyone. You have always been civil and respectful.  kiss

--

nberry:

Christian, I have tracked my cars, attended the very first Porsche driving school and Ferrari driving schools. Not much more to teach me other than improving your skills by driving. There is only so much you can do with limited talent.indecision

I wasn't talking about driving skills or talent but about learning how to handle your car in tricky situations. It helps when you are somewhere where you can make (even intentional) driving errors, so you can see how the car reacts. Can be a lot of fun as well. Not all cars are the same and no matter how good your driving skills are, it helps to feel and experience your car at the limit and/or in tricky situations. 

I find it interesting that all automobile insurance companies in the US do not provide coverage for track events (except specialty carriers) even though they are designated education driving classes. There is a reason why their actuaries refuse insuring vehicles while driving on a track.

There isn't much difference in Germany, some events are covered by an additional insurance (at cost or as part of the event fee). 

Gnil, I have never read a post of yours that personally criticized anyone. You have always been civil and respectful.  kiss

Agreed. Smiley

--

Very good track insurance for US residents (can add Canada and Euro tracks for US residents) for single event or unlimited annual use:

www.theopentrack.com

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:

Very good track insurance for US residents (can add Canada and Euro tracks for US residents) for single event or unlimited annual use:

www.theopentrack.com

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Smiley

--

Moderator stepped in, back to topic. Thanks. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

On the latest Top Gear episode, Chris Harris provided some useful advice on how to look after your new Lamborghini in a car park...  1550096185373image.gif

1552935278429image.png

1552935562000image.png

...nice use of bubble-wrap! Smiley

Stupidity never dies... surprise

Launch control on this (narrow) public road, oh boy. enlightened

https://youtu.be/-uIxyn0C38I

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM