Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Urus (SUV)

mail

Reminds me of the ...  never mind. No reference possible. 

did not know that tesla model x was the fastest suv and the urus is ca 0...something faster....

--

993 c2

I drove both, the X and the Urus and I liked the X for it's gadgetry and novelty feel (hated it for it's Minivan look) but I'd never buy one, no matter how fast it is from 0-100 kph (62 mph). 

The Urus? I plan a short driving review soon...what a beast, the best sportiest SUV (yes, it is sporty) in the world in my opinion. Amazing fun, not comparable to anything in this class I've driven before. Period.

IMG_5506.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

The best and sportiest SUV of the moment ( not counting the URUS ) is the Stelvio Quadrifoglia .  You need to compare the URUS to that one . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

The Urus is just slightly more embarassing. Just slightly... angry

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:

Drive it, you may be surprised. The appearance is a different story, some people may find this car to be offensive or even vulgar (I heard this comment from a friend who is a journalist and is a bit leftist by profession Smiley) but from a driving dynamics point of view, this car is nothing short of amazing. Lamborghini certainly succeeded in giving the Urus the right amount of Lamborghini sport genes and sound, I drove the Urus immediately after the Huracan Performante and it was just a logical continuation, very impressive.

Very comfortable too, high quality, perfect high performance family car. The price tag is a different story though but for someone living in Dubai or in the US, the Urus is great. Only downside is it's length, not easy to park in metropolitan areas, especially in Europe.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:
    Porker:

Drive it, you may be surprised. The appearance is a different story, some people may find this car to be offensive or even vulgar (I heard this comment from a friend who is a journalist and is a bit leftist by profession Smiley) but from a driving dynamics point of view, this car is nothing short of amazing. Lamborghini certainly succeeded in giving the Urus the right amount of Lamborghini sport genes and sound, I drove the Urus immediately after the Huracan Performante and it was just a logical continuation, very impressive.

Very comfortable too, high quality, perfect high performance family car. The price tag is a different story though but for someone living in Dubai or in the US, the Urus is great. Only downside is it's length, not easy to park in metropolitan areas, especially in Europe.

I don't deny it rides nicely but I wouldn't want to be seen dead in it (same goes for these other mega SUV's, Bentayga, Cullinan, ...). If you need space and speed, get an E63 or RS6, if you need offroad luxury, get a RR, IMO. These things just scream for golden chains and endless high-street patrolling. 

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:
    RC:
    Porker:

I don't deny it rides nicely but I wouldn't want to be seen dead in it (same goes for these other mega SUV's, Bentayga, Cullinan, ...). If you need space and speed, get an E63 or RS6, if you need offroad luxury, get a RR, IMO. These things just scream for golden chains and endless high-street patrolling. 

As much as I love my E63, the Urus is one impressive high performance SUV. I would never get the Urus without having kids but we had a family trip yesterday in this car and everyone loved it. My wife only hates the size of the Urus and of course the yellow color "our" Urus had, way too much attention grabbing in Germany (people were taking pictures at stop lights all the time Smiley). A cheaper alternative would probably be the upcoming RS Q8 but to differentiate both, I bet Audi tuned down the driving dynamics. Again, the driving dynamics of this truck is stunning, I did some drifting(!) in a roundabout and it was easy peasy and very easily controllable. I have a short video but my son filmed a bit weird, so you can't tell much, other than the squeaking tires. Smiley

Fuel consumption was around 21.5 l / 100 km, combined city driving and Autobahn (not faster than 240 kph due to winter tires, wasn't sure if they are approved to 270 kph, so I kept it "slow"). Interior is just fantastic, very Lamborghini, unfortunately also with a tiny bit of Audi (navigation display and the second touch display for heating control, etc.).

--

The Urus is $250k and you can’t get one. The model X is immediately available and you can’t spend more than $145k and it has 7 seats... and people keep forgetting that it doesn’t use fossil fuel which was the main idea before all the nay sayers started to protect German interests and shoot down Tesla’s first mover advantage.

SciFrog:

The Urus is $250k and you can’t get one.

I can get one. Smiley Otherwise, delivery time is one year. If you can pay a premium of 80k or so, you can have one now. Germany. Don't know about other countries. Funny: Dealers often sell showcars with 10-17k km at MSRP(!).

The model X is immediately available and you can’t spend more than $145k and it has 7 seats... and people keep forgetting that it doesn’t use fossil fuel which was the main idea before all the nay sayers started to protect German interests and shoot down Tesla’s first mover advantage.

I hate how the X looks. Can't help it. For 145k, I would rather get a E63 again...seriously. Amazing car if you care most about driving dynamics.

--

Just like the FF when it came out, the Urus is in a category of one. Nothing currently matches it for performance and handling in the SUV sector. Looks are subjective as ever. The embarrassment factor is easily overcome once you taste the performance and focus on the driving rather than what others think of you.

crayphile:

Just like the FF when it came out, the Urus is in a category of one. Nothing currently matches it for performance and handling in the SUV sector. Looks are subjective as ever. The embarrassment factor is easily overcome once you taste the performance and focus on the driving rather than what others think of you.

I can tell you already drove it...  Smiley Smiley

--

SciFrog:

The Urus is $250k and you can’t get one. The model X is immediately available and you can’t spend more than $145k and it has 7 seats... 

You can also get a new VW Beetle now and you won't see me run out and get one. Model X is a minivan, would not be caught dead in one while I still have a shred of testosterone left in my body still Smiley. Can't compare it to an Urus which is exactly the opposite.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

RC:
    crayphile:

I have indeed. I made a small comment on it but no one noticed Smiley. Mine should be with me in March. Not quite the spec I would have liked but will certainly not be invisible!

crayphile:
    RC:
    crayphile:

I have indeed. I made a small comment on it but no one noticed Smiley. Mine should be with me in March. Not quite the spec I would have liked but will certainly not be invisible!

SmileySmileySmiley You got yourself the most amazing (in my opinion) SUV on this planet. Smiley

--

Two Urus in my street in Miami, crazy, you would think they give them away... Also saw 6 Rolls around town and Macans are at every street corner. A good amounts of Teslas too. Funny enough not that many Ferraris or two seater coupe.

On another note, Miami is absolutely packed this weekend, traffic is not fun. There is the boat show (largest in the world?), an art festival and some constructions on several highways. Downtown is becoming really hard to get to unless you know the back roads. City Centre is becoming a prime mall and the Casa Tua food hall could be one of the best i the world (Casa Tua has always been one of our favorite restaurant in Miami and Aspen). Aventura is ever expanding and you would need 5 days just to shop everywhere there. There is basically everything you would ever need to buy except for some very high end shops, which are now mostly in the Design District and less in Bal Harbor. Also a world class leading school is opening near midtown in a couple of years and there is construction everywhere (investment in infrastructure unlike in many other parts of the country). The Miami tennis open is staying for good in a new prime location. Basically, Miami is on course of catching up the top cities in the world and we are very pleased to see our “bet” from 10 years ago really coming to fruition. Unlike other left leaning cities like San Francisco and New York, there are basically no homeless to be seen and with the new tax laws, the tax gap is now greater than ever with high tax states.

On a down note, traffic is not getting better and the food scene is evolving but still dragging.

Oh and let’s not forget, the weather is a perfect 10 this weekend Smiley

Is your post about the Urus or an advert for Miami?  One cannot tell the difference.  Meanwhile, the most recent issue of Car Magazine features the Urus in its Giant test against other notables including the new G63.  Looking forward to that read.

CGX car nut:

Is your post about the Urus or an advert for Miami?  One cannot tell the difference.  Meanwhile, the most recent issue of Car Magazine features the Urus in its Giant test against other notables including the new G63.  Looking forward to that read.

If RT would be only about cars it would be already dead. What is your point? 

SciFrog:
    CGX car nut:

If RT would be only about cars it would be already dead. What is your point? 

Relax, guys. No harm done advertising Miami, it is one of the if not the coolest city worldwide, if you exclude Dubai (for various socio-cultural and political reasons).

There even was a survey recently where you have the best chance as a single (man/woman) to meet someone and Miami was first from a variety of cities. Smiley Smiley Number 2 was London...I think. 

Have you been to the Frost Museum of Science with your kid(s)? My kids loved it. Even my wife enjoyed it, even if she isn't really a big museum buff (she did the whole MOMA in NY in under two hours, must be a new record Smiley Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

Relax, guys. No harm done advertising Miami, it is one of the if not the coolest city worldwide, if you exclude Dubai (for various socio-cultural and political reasons).

There even was a survey recently where you have the best chance as a single (man/woman) to meet someone and Miami was first from a variety of cities. Smiley Smiley Number 2 was London...I think. 

Have you been to the Frost Museum of Science with your kid(s)? My kids loved it. Even my wife enjoyed it, even if she isn't really a big museum buff (she did the whole MOMA in NY in under two hours, must be a new record Smiley Smiley).

Dubai, the coolest city in the world...LOL not even close.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

I think Dubai is kind of cool but not Miami cool from various points of view. 

Dubai is a phenomenon and I kind of like it but also a very artificial one with some facets only those living there for many years can (maybe) see. 

I am highly fascinated by the architecture, technology and lifestyle there but also a bit worried about the stuff people cannot see.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I vote for Tokyo

the-missile:
    RC:

Dubai, the coolest city in the world...LOL not even close.

Isn't Dubai the HOTTEST? Smiley

--

Dubai is fine for a few days but to live there as a foreigner? Too many risks...

Whoopsy:

Isn't Dubai the HOTTEST? Smiley

that is close but not the winner in that league as well Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

mcdelaug:

I vote for Tokyo

I prefer hurricanes over earthquakes... Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM