Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

RC:

This is exactly how mine is going to look (exterior) if the production changes will be approved...

2019-02-10_18-35-34.jpg

Oh my? What is the wife going to say? 🙄

RC:
    bobr:

Smiley Excellent color for your car. Fingers crossed the factory approves the change.

Thanks but my wife disagrees...she still roots for white (I think). Smiley

Funny side story about the chosen color (Verde Mantis): A friend of ours is a psychiatrist and we kind of started discussing cars during our dinner yesterday. When I told him that I ordered a Huracan Performante, he asked what color (mainly because it is a psychology thing for him...colors and all Smiley). After explaining to me what this choice means (you don't want to know... Smiley), he also told me that for Germany, this is a very "good" color. I was surprised to hear that because I thought it is a very provocative color. Smiley So he told me that in his opinion, this color will actually create more sympathy and less envy than other, more regular colors, simply because it is a very surreal and unusual color and people aren't used to it, they do not "identify" with it, they probably would never choose this color for their own car, so I'm good because the feelings will be more positive and less envious. 

Wow...I was speechless. I don't really know if this is true or he was just making fun of me (he has a very special humor but this isn't actually his way of making fun) Smiley but I've never looked at this from this perspective. We'll see if he is right.... Smiley

Oh, of course he made a funny remark afterwards (more of his humor ballpark): He told me that if he is right, he will send me a bill. Smiley I actually believe that, he is doing very well, so I guess his bills are pretty steep. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Well, Psychiatrists......

I have my own opinion about them. At the end they write their steep bills for nothing you can see, touch or smell. That’s really a great peace of art.SmileySmiley

--

Leawood911:
    RC:

This is exactly how mine is going to look (exterior) if the production changes will be approved...

2019-02-10_18-35-34.jpg

Oh my? What is the wife going to say? 🙄

I actually mentioned a couple of times what the wife is saying... Smiley

She isn't pleased but she got used to the thought. Things aren't 100% sure yet, she is still rooting for white, so it depends on Lamborghini now...can't do anything about it anymore.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

He had a very good microphone with noise reduction because in reality, the car is 3x louder and I'm not kidding. That "noise" enters your brain, hurts a little bit in the beginning but afterwards it works like a (car) aphrodisiac, you can't get enough of it.  Smiley The Spyder is even more extreme than the Coupe because you are exposed to the full sound (not that the Performante Coupe has much noise insulation... Smiley).

Noise? I call it Aural Sex. Smiley

Paddle shifters need to keep on changing from strada to sport then corsa, while the rare manual shifter doesn't have those silly settings, the music is always on and every idiot driver out there thinks you're going full throttle and wants to race you Smiley

The only Lambo that gave me a migraine for a minute was the V12 (Muric + Aventador) with aftermarket exhaust while doing a flyby, the V10 makes roaring symphony noises next to the V12 that feels like an explosion is about to occur depending on exhaust brand. Kreissieg is the best choice but requires deep pockets.

Driving experience in the 12 ruins everything and it's sheer size Smiley

Bad news from Italy I'm afraid: Lamborghini just called my dealer directly, as a courtesy, offering to exchange anything in the interior or regarding options but the paint is impossible...the painted body of the car is already in Italy, my car has already entered production and will be at the dealer in March(!) already (can't pick it up until after Easter though I'm afraid).

So I guess I'm getting a white car...not really a problem since I initially ordered it this way but I was really looking forward to Verde Mantis. laugh Even my wife got warmed up to the idea... 

Maybe I do some original Super Trofeo/Squadra Corse PPF design on the car or I give it an entirely different color, don't know yet. Dealer recommended to get the car, drive it a week or two (run-in, even if it isn't necessary) and then I can apply the PPF and decide what I do with it.

Kids will be devastated though, especially my daughter. surprise 

--

Very sorry to hear that, but personally I think the car will look great in white, even if you don't PPF it.
    White with those many accents in black from the styling package and rims, combined with the forged composite will look great IMO. kiss

I guess you stay with red stitching and calipers then?

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Very sorry to hear that, but personally I think the car will look great in white, even if you don't PPF it.
    White with those many accents in black from the styling package and rims, combined with the forged composite will look great IMO. kiss

I guess you stay with red stitching and calipers then?

I agree. The car will look amazing. Look forward to receiving it and enjoy it. Your daughter will be surprised how good it will look.kiss

--

Stress is man made.

Very sorry to hear that. But who knows what is was good for. At the end car will look great Smiley

--

As far as bad news goes this isn't that horrible, I think it will still look amazing. I was stopped in traffic a few days ago next to a regular Huracan in white and I kept thinking how great it looked, this could only be highly enhanced with the Performante. 

RC:

Bad news from Italy I'm afraid: Lamborghini just called my dealer directly, as a courtesy, offering to exchange anything in the interior or regarding options but the paint is impossible...the painted body of the car is already in Italy, my car has already entered production and will be at the dealer in March(!) already (can't pick it up until after Easter though I'm afraid).

Simply, enjoy the waiting!!! Smiley

RC:

There is help, but at a cost

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrpaTID1F7/

Is it too early to start an over/under on when the replacement arrives?angry

waiting for PDK:

Is it too early to start an over/under on when the replacement arrives?angry

SmileySmiley

--

Stress is man made.

2000 Euros saved.

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

2000 Euros saved.

Smiley Yep, I try to see the best in it. Smiley Smiley

--

crayphile:
    RC:

There is help, but at a cost

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrpaTID1F7/

I saw something like that advertised in a video from Dubai, interesting stuff but not sure how good the quality is. Smiley

--

in retrospect usually the initial decision is the best.....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

Well, the initial decision was actually to get a flashy color but my wife shot me down... Smiley Smiley

Now it is how it is and I accept it but my daughter is sad, so is my son (a little bit, he doesn't really care about colors).

Can't wait to drive the car, no matter what color, so... Smiley

--

The Performante in green looks particularly great standing by itself, but that doesnt mean it is the best color, I think white suits you better personally. Its like a yellow gold Rolex vs a SS or Titanium one.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

RC:
    intouch1:

Well, the initial decision was actually to get a flashy color but my wife shot me down... Smiley Smiley

Now it is how it is and I accept it but my daughter is sad, so is my son (a little bit, he doesn't really care about colors).

If this is what concerns your children, I would consider rearranging priorities; however, that is just my opinion.  I have seen several white Performantes and have always found them attractive in a very sophisticated manner.  Remember, when you are driving the beast, you will see very little of the exterior of the car and the sound and driving experience is what counts.

CGX car nut:
    RC:
    intouch1:

If this is what concerns your children, I would consider rearranging priorities; however, that is just my opinion.  I have seen several white Performantes and have always found them attractive in a very sophisticated manner.  Remember, when you are driving the beast, you will see very little of the exterior of the car and the sound and driving experience is what counts.

Smiley They still sleep well at night... Smiley

White is OK for me, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it in the first place but I already put my mind on green, almost even ordered a matching wrist band for my AP ROO Carbon (forged carbon, same as car). Smiley Thank god I was able to resist the urge.

--

Can you get the color you want if you order the Evo? You might consider that option. After all, you have a few nice toys to play while you wait.. Get the car you want and don’t settle especially at this price range. If you cancel the perfomante, Lambo May relent and give you the color you want.yes

--

Stress is man made.

nberry:

Can you get the color you want if you order the Evo? You might consider that option. After all, you have a few nice toys to play while you wait.. Get the car you want and don’t settle especially at this price range. If you cancel the perfomante, Lambo May relent and give you the color you want.yes

Are you kidding? I am so happy I got myself one of the last new Performante, why would I order the Evo? Smiley

The Performante is a special edition Lambo model, they kind of keep their value. The regular Huracan is a completely different story (look at the Gallardo, same thing).

Another thing is: The Performante has a very sporty setup (chassis, gearbox, etc.), the Evo is more of a compromise to satisfy a bigger variety of customers. A Lamborghini engineer said the Evo is 90% the Performante. I want 100% Performante. Smiley wink

Oh, another thing: Discount for the Performante was nice, discount for the Evo (new car) is ridiculous.

Last but not least, an Evo with everything the Performante has (minus ALA, this doesn't exist for the Evo), is close to Performante price territory.

This is like telling me to get the regular 911 Carrera GTS instead of the 911 GT3 RS...no thanks. 

--

Please let us know what you think when you get a chance to drive the Evo..  I would still bet for speeds below 100 mph that the Evo would outperform the perfomante in the mountain twisties where the new diff. /  torque vectoring  and conrol brain combined with rear wheel steering would truly come into play.  That is where my money is going.  Yes, around the Ring, with a pro driver who has the balls to carry high speed the ALA might have the advantage.

I would not think twice between the track edition and the regular car....newer is not always better. 

The performante is superb. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

I agree about newer not always being better... but watch the drive reviews (again) and notice the comments about turn in and lack of push and ability to control the tail when out.  RWS certainly helped with (albeit rear engine)  911 gt3's etc. and torque vectoring on my m5 comp. is certainly something I appreciate and wouldn't want to give up.  RC mainly drives with his buddies on mountain twisties, as I understand it, not the track.   But I'll reserve any more thinking that I know what I'm talking about until he drives both, and lets us know.  Gosh, the louder exhaust on the Performante may be all that's needed.

RC:
    nberry:

Are you kidding? I am so happy I got myself one of the last new Performante, why would I order the Evo? Smiley

The Performante is a special edition Lambo model, they kind of keep their value. The regular Huracan is a completely different story (look at the Gallardo, same thing).

Another thing is: The Performante has a very sporty setup (chassis, gearbox, etc.), the Evo is more of a compromise to satisfy a bigger variety of customers. A Lamborghini engineer said the Evo is 90% the Performante. I want 100% Performante. Smiley wink

Oh, another thing: Discount for the Performante was nice, discount for the Evo (new car) is ridiculous.

Last but not least, an Evo with everything the Performante has (minus ALA, this doesn't exist for the Evo), is close to Performante price territory.

This is like telling me to get the regular 911 Carrera GTS instead of the 911 GT3 RS...no thanks. 

First, I doubt you would be able to tell the difference in performance and styling between the two. If you put the green Evo next to the white Perfomante, the Perfermonte would disappear. I can’t speak to the price difference but I suspect from a leasing standpoint they are about the same. 

Since you lease, I suppose buying a used green Perfermonte is out of the question?Smiley

--

Stress is man made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI4GU3e6mgM

Van-:

Please let us know what you think when you get a chance to drive the Evo..  I would still bet for speeds below 100 mph that the Evo would outperform the perfomante in the mountain twisties where the new diff. /  torque vectoring  and conrol brain combined with rear wheel steering would truly come into play.  That is where my money is going.  Yes, around the Ring, with a pro driver who has the balls to carry high speed the ALA might have the advantage.

No, the Evo doesn't outperform the Performante in curves, the ALA torque vectoring is amazing, also the Performante has a completely different and track oriented chassis setup. In Bahrain, a Lamborghini engineer said that the Evo was only slightly faster in Nardo, probably because ALA is gunning mainly for downforce, thus reducing performance in the upper speed range. Nardo doesn't really have straights and the straights are necessary for ALA to "switch" into a lesser downforce mode. On the Nordschleife, the Performante is still faster than the Evo (rumors indicate slightly over 7 minutes with a factory driver but we have no precise time yet).

The Evo benefits, according to the info from Bahrain (I talked to two people who were there, one was the GM of my dealership and the other one a well known car collector here), especially less skilled drivers, it is a very easy to drive sportscar, also very safe. The Performante is also pretty safe and easy to drive for such a car, Lamborghini wanted to make the car drivable even with ESP turned off. Apparently it is a very good car for drifting, very easy to control but I haven't tried it yet (drifting never has been my thing or my forte, I leave the tire destroying stuff to those who can afford it Smiley). There was a winter driving event a couple of weeks ago and the Performante is definitely a very good controllable snow drifter. The SVJ is a completely different beast, it may be the king of the Nordschleife but otherwise, not easy to drive fast.

--

Still would like to hear your reports after driving both.  As I have heard that Lamborgini is downplaying somewhat the capability of the Evo so as to not disappoint new Performante buyers like yourself, even as regards to reported Ring times.

I don't understand if Nardo doesn't have straights, thus has mostly curves, and the Evo beats the Performante on the Nardo,  Why isn't then the Evo better in the curves ?     The ALA I think would work best in fast sweeping curves where the speed is high enough ( like the Ring ) so that the 'torque' biased downforce can actually come into play.  Guessing here, that speeds around 60-70 mph the ALA has little effect.  

Maybe your spirited mountain driving with your buddies in Germany are in big sweeping mountain areas where speeds are approaching 100 mph?  Mine here in northern Ca. are with speed limits really never above 55 mph.   And thus you play with the risk of an approaching log truck, deer, and bicyclist, and sometimes all at once.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753020 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430675 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258580 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255450 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868277 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801825 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM