Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Mission E...the future of Porsche?

rather small wheels

EnglishManInNY:

Those are big brakes!

Haha, when is the last time you seen a performance Porsche skim on braking ability?

--

Well...some EU countries want to forbid petrol operated cars completely, starting 2050. Not even old(er) ones would be allowed to drive anymore! Speaking of classic cars and holding their value.  yes Well, you can still look at them, right? 

Mallorca and some neighboring islands just passed a new law: 

Starting 2025, no more Diesel cars or motorcycles (new registrations)

Starting 2035, no more petrol engine cars (new registrations)

Starting 2050, only EVs are permitted on the roads (no hybrids either, nothing, only EVs).  

Spain will introduce similar laws little by little.

Other EU countries will start doing the same...will be interesting to see how they agree to disagree on this as well. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Not sure if this has been discussed yet but Porsche North American apparently wants to offer every Taycan customer a daily(?) free 30 minutes charging for a period of 3(!) years. This is included in the Taycan's price. 

30 minutes of charging is quite a lot when using a 350 kW/800V charger.

This offer is valid only for charging at Electrify America (a VW company) charging stations.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Despite the fact that you think the Taycan is not a real sports car you seem to be very interested in that car... Smiley

And “100% Petrol Röhrl“ seems to be interested too... Smiley

He and everybody else in the world thinks so, the Taycan is not a real sportscar and doesn't pretend to be one, it is a sporty sedan. 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Haha... in Germany we call this „Schubladendenken“... More of these comments are:

... And of course a real sports car can only have two seats!

... A 4-seater (=Taycan) has not the real bodywork for a sports car. Of course it must be a (sporty) sedan!

... Only a real sports car can be driven fast and sporty in a tight curve...

.... and not a 2+2 (= 911?) or a 4-seater (=Taycan)!

... an Electric car is for sure not a real sports car because it is too heavy.

Do you have more Comments? But I like the way you´re thinking (it's the “old“ way...)

Panamera/Taycan = Sedans
    Cayenne/Macan = SUV
    Boxtser/Cayman/911 = Sportcars

It is not that complicated, sportscar vs sedan/saloon configuration, but you must be really confused...

--

Carlos from Spain:

Panamera/Taycan = Sedans
    Cayenne/Macan = SUV
    Boxtser/Cayman/911 = Sportcars

It is not that complicated, sportscar vs sedan/saloon configuration, but you must be really confused...

--

Hm... I think “your sports car maker“ is a bit confused too... Smiley

mission_e_2.pngmission_e_1.png

That is Porsche's "marketing department" material of the Mission-E concept car... LOL

--

Carlos from Spain:

That is Porsche's "marketing department" material of the Mission-E concept car... LOL

--

Yes, and in the modern era the marketing department decides what a sports car is... I remember the time when

BMW declares that the 5er and now also the 6er (sedan) cars are “Gran Turismo Cars“. For me this was unbelievable, because I´ve thought that these are the great cars of Ferrari or Aston Martin. But we must believe our car makers and for sure I can tell you that our diesel cars are clean! Hm.. in this modern era a “sports car“ and a “GT“ seem to be only words...

6er_gt.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtHLnT6lKYn/

Is this the final thing?

farina:
    Carlos from Spain:

--

Yes, and in the modern era the marketing department decides what a sports car is... I remember the time when

BMW declares that the 5er and now also the 6er (sedan) cars are “Gran Turismo Cars“. For me this was unbelievable, because I´ve thought that these are the great cars of Ferrari or Aston Martin. But we must believe our car makers and for sure I can tell you that our diesel cars are clean! Hm.. in this modern era a “sports car“ and a “GT“ seem to be only words...

6er_gt.jpg

I´ve seen this interview with Walter Röhrl again (this man is surely not from the marketing department):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rJIa5CQNr4

He heavily criticizes the german government “which has no idea about nothing“ (totally unable), says that Formel E is abnormal and blind sport, he wants real races on a race track with sound (i´m german and understand every word). And the whole time he has spoken I thought by myself:

This is suicide or: this man wants to be fired... Porsche was surely not amused about that interview because he also says that he is even not interested if Porsche wins the Formel E... at last he says: “I always say what i think“. 

Good, old Walter... not a good brand ambassador in the “modern era“, too much petrol.

Probably this interview was the reason why he gets the Taycan for a first test drive and was impressed by the performance of the car.

No, this is the back of a clay model of the Mission E which I´ve seen in reality in Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen.

Only with minor changes at the back.

farina:

No, this is the back of a clay model of the Mission E which I´ve seen in reality in Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen.

Only with minor changes at the back.

Doesn't look too shabby. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Attached link is to a recent Volkswagen presentation on becoming carbon neutral with pending EV production.  

Enjoy!

https://www.scribd.com/document/399723445/ID-INSIGHTS-Sustainable-E-Mobility#from_embed 

A ""crude"" photoshop from a Gentleman from the Taycan Forums!!!! Thank You!!!!

I think the car is going to be great, specially the ST versiion!!!!

tay.jpg

--

This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I ment with ^"crude" was "a Great shop with few information".. No offense to the gentleman that had the time to "shop the original photo"

My Regards!!!!

--

This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

farina:

Despite the fact that you think the Taycan is not a real sports car you seem to be very interested in that car... Smiley

Me? Not really. 

And “100% Petrol Röhrl“ seems to be interested too... Smiley

Also...not really. 

--

Rohrl doesn’t think the 911 is a real sport car? It has four seats.yes

--

Stress is man made.

nberry:

Rohrl doesn’t think the 911 is a real sport car? It has four seats.yes

We were talking about the Taycan, Nick...the Taycan. Smiley

--

AMS has a nice set of Taycan winter testing images; you'll need to scroll towards the end of the article.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/elektroauto/neuer-porsche-taycan-sport-turismo-2020-daten-fotos-preis/

It's not going to be as stunning as the Mission E concept, but it will definitely be a beautiful car, as far as I can see from the lines... Looking forward to seeing it on the road in real life!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:

It's not going to be as stunning as the Mission E concept, but it will definitely be a beautiful car, as far as I can see from the lines... Looking forward to seeing it on the road in real life!

I'm thinking the same. Do not like the high trunk line too much; have the same in my Tesla and it's bad for the back and the pants

New design sketches from Porsche:

https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/e-performance/~report~/Electrifying-lines/usa~en-us~e-performance-wallpaper/

I think it will be a beautiful car but not so extremely (and good looking) like the concept...

farina:

New design sketches from Porsche:

https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/e-performance/~report~/Electrifying-lines/usa~en-us~e-performance-wallpaper/

I think it will be a beautiful car but not so extremely (and good looking) like the concept...

1552422811008image.jpeg

1552422819760image.jpeg

Smiley

If it looks half as good as that then take my $$!

That roof line is far lower that we have seen on the mules. I doubt it will look like this, but I hope I'm wrong.

The mules don't have much camouflage, you can clearly see the shapes and everything, not sure why people still refer to sketches? yes

--

Yeah, no clue why Porsche would release those now either...

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661938 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401125 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254583 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229138 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59488 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4378 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853465 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761751 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM