Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: SL65 Order

Quote:
    walter in Fr. said:

I was woundering HOW many people here, has been driven the SL65 in real, to give this supercar such a bad response.

Some of them have driven AMG cars, some of them not. Nearly ALL of them choose to give it a bad response.

Walter, it has to be said, your car is beautiful, may I ask is it Silver Arrow silver, or brilliant silver? Regardless, its a beauty. When can we expect some 0-60/0-100mph videos of the speedometer or tach?

Hello ///AMG Mercedes

Honestly, I am happy with my car, cause it is easy to drive with a lot of performance. Maybe not the fastest on the 0-60/100 mph but I do not have to be a professional driver as well. Just met a Lambo Murci on the weekend next to Monaco (beautiful car indeed) but the driver had problems as well to put the power on the road.

Videos of the performance will be soon on my webpage, dedicated to the SL65. As well a vid of a trackday on a French racetrack - I think very impressive ...

Sorry, my car is brilliant silver, with grey leather and alcantara inside....

kind regards from France

Walter

Hello ///AMG Mercedes

Honestly, I am happy with my car, cause it is easy to drive with a lot of performance. Maybe not the fastest on the 0-60/100 mph but I do not have to be a professional driver as well. Just met a Lambo Murci on the weekend next to Monaco (beautiful car indeed) but the driver had problems as well to put the power on the road.

Videos of the performance will be soon on my webpage, dedicated to the SL65. As well a vid of a trackday on a French racetrack - I think very impressive ...

Sorry, my car is brilliant silver, with grey leather and alcantara inside....

kind regards from France

Walter

I can hardly wait Walter, please could you provide a link to your SL65 site?

Thank you.

I can hardly wait Walter, please could you provide a link to your SL65 site?

Thank you.

How come the speedometer goes that high-

I hate gauges that arent realistic.

Quote:
    TopherV said:

it is to let you know what the engine could do if it were put in a proper car

Quote:
    TopherV said:

Quote:
    TopherV said:

Good morning TopherV

"not realistic" ??

Stock SL65 is limited to 250 km/h and the numbers on the speedo should make you wish to drive faster => therefore you take your car to AMG Affaltebach, to get the delimitation (another 2.300 Euro ) and you hit the 300 km/h. (or a little bit more)

I visited AMG already and asked for delimitation - but did not try the top speed of the car by now. Maybe some day I will do so.

Have a nice day

Walter

Quote:
    TopherV said:

Good morning TopherV

"not realistic" ??

Stock SL65 is limited to 250 km/h and the numbers on the speedo should make you wish to drive faster => therefore you take your car to AMG Affaltebach, to get the delimitation (another 2.300 Euro ) and you hit the 300 km/h. (or a little bit more)

I visited AMG already and asked for delimitation - but did not try the top speed of the car by now. Maybe some day I will do so.

Have a nice day

Walter

Topher, for your information, the SL65 is capable of 208mph fully delimited. And that is only due to its gearing and tyres. With longer gearing and its sleek shape, it should do 220mph and then takeoff. So its faster than SLR only because it has a sleeker shape and no spoiler, for safety and adhesive reasons.

Topher, for your information, the SL65 is capable of 208mph fully delimited. And that is only due to its gearing and tyres. With longer gearing and its sleek shape, it should do 220mph and then takeoff. So its faster than SLR only because it has a sleeker shape and no spoiler, for safety and adhesive reasons.

Walter, I have a very high regard for SL55 ; haven't yet driven 65. Curious what your impressions of 65 steering precision and brake pedal feel and fade resistance are, esp vs 55...

Walter, I have a very high regard for SL55 ; haven't yet driven 65. Curious what your impressions of 65 steering precision and brake pedal feel and fade resistance are, esp vs 55...

Quote:
    Moogle said:

(Moogle, that one was really mean!)

Quote:
    Moogle said:

Quote:
    ///AMG Mercedes said:
    With longer gearing and its sleek shape, it should do 220mph and then takeoff.

I would like to see that! Just as the DC racing cars in Le Mans a couple of years ago?

Quote:
    ///AMG Mercedes said:
    With longer gearing and its sleek shape, it should do 220mph and then takeoff.

I would like to see that! Just as the DC racing cars in Le Mans a couple of years ago?

Quote:
    VKSF said:

Hello VKSF

The steering is much more precisely than in a SL55, for my point of view... The breaks are really amazing ! Even after a few turns on race tracks - there was no fading at all. Of course after the first 5 laps, there was a funny smell from the tyres and brakes ....

I had the possibility to drive, same day - the SL55, SL65 and SLR at Le Castellet (France) and it was really amazing to see the difference ( there is one of course ! ).

Kind regards from France

Walter

Quote:
    VKSF said:

Hello VKSF

The steering is much more precisely than in a SL55, for my point of view... The breaks are really amazing ! Even after a few turns on race tracks - there was no fading at all. Of course after the first 5 laps, there was a funny smell from the tyres and brakes ....

I had the possibility to drive, same day - the SL55, SL65 and SLR at Le Castellet (France) and it was really amazing to see the difference ( there is one of course ! ).

Kind regards from France

Walter

Quote:
    rossi said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

Hello Moogle
    Hello Rossi

I do not know, WHICH cars you guys are driving, but I can tell you, the SL65 is a car with abilities to drive fast without stressing myself. I do not care if I reach 320 kmh on the highway, or if a Renault Diesel overtakes me on the road when I am cruising. Maybe this is the differnce of my age and yours ? or the difference that I am driving and you're talking about such cars ?

What is wrong with the AMG SL 65 ? That they only build a number of cars each year ? (max 300 engines a year for S/SL/CL) and that people offer 60k USD over sticker just to get one ?

I could go for a F 575, Lambo M. or whatever - I want a car which I am able to use whenever I want to use it - without having a mechanics on my site all the time.

SO tell me please which experiences did YOU have with the SL65, that you can write such sentences ? "or do you still play with 1/32 scales"

kind regards from France

Walter

Quote:
    rossi said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

Hello Moogle
    Hello Rossi

I do not know, WHICH cars you guys are driving, but I can tell you, the SL65 is a car with abilities to drive fast without stressing myself. I do not care if I reach 320 kmh on the highway, or if a Renault Diesel overtakes me on the road when I am cruising. Maybe this is the differnce of my age and yours ? or the difference that I am driving and you're talking about such cars ?

What is wrong with the AMG SL 65 ? That they only build a number of cars each year ? (max 300 engines a year for S/SL/CL) and that people offer 60k USD over sticker just to get one ?

I could go for a F 575, Lambo M. or whatever - I want a car which I am able to use whenever I want to use it - without having a mechanics on my site all the time.

SO tell me please which experiences did YOU have with the SL65, that you can write such sentences ? "or do you still play with 1/32 scales"

kind regards from France

Walter

Your kind regards from france are still
    discordant with or without your smily face-

I know what this car is capable of. but im
    just saying that its pushing it a little to have
    a 360km speedo. Lets just call it a very
    optimistic speedo.

Isnt the whole point of benz limiting it to 155 is
    because they dont know how the car will handle
    past 200 or whatever???

I remember a post that
    talked about BMW doing the same thing for the
    same reasons, they just didnt want to put
    more money into research

Your kind regards from france are still
    discordant with or without your smily face-

I know what this car is capable of. but im
    just saying that its pushing it a little to have
    a 360km speedo. Lets just call it a very
    optimistic speedo.

past 200 or whatever???

I remember a post that
    talked about BMW doing the same thing for the
    same reasons, they just didnt want to put
    more money into research

Quote:
    TopherV said:
    past 200 or whatever???

Hello TopherV

There is an agreement between German Car manufacturers that they limit their cars at 250 km/h ! (except Porsche cars) AND only Tuning companies (AMG, Carlsson, Brabus etc) are able to delimit your MB car. As well only a delimitation by AMG is good enough to keep your DC-MB warranty !!

A Benz at 155 mph is as good as any other car - and as well even when you increase the speed to 200 mph you do not feel any difference - maybe you will find some time to test a SL65, or join a test drive with one of these cars ?? THEN YOU will be able to speak about "EXPERIENCE" !!!

Kind regards from France

Walter

Quote:
    TopherV said:
    past 200 or whatever???

Hello TopherV

There is an agreement between German Car manufacturers that they limit their cars at 250 km/h ! (except Porsche cars) AND only Tuning companies (AMG, Carlsson, Brabus etc) are able to delimit your MB car. As well only a delimitation by AMG is good enough to keep your DC-MB warranty !!

A Benz at 155 mph is as good as any other car - and as well even when you increase the speed to 200 mph you do not feel any difference - maybe you will find some time to test a SL65, or join a test drive with one of these cars ?? THEN YOU will be able to speak about "EXPERIENCE" !!!

Kind regards from France

Walter

My dear Walter,
    don't take things too personal, will you? My comment to Moogle's post meant that I thought his post was FUNNY, that's why I posted THREE SMILIES, got it Walter?
    On the other hand talking about age, I don't know how old YOU are, but I hope you're not nearly as old as your precocious comments.
    If you would ask me about the SL65, I'd say it is a fantastic Grand Tourismo (I also recommend you read my first post in this thread from Sep, 7th). Personally I think it has a great engine, in a chassis that might be too heavy, but then it isn't meant to be a sports car. You can argue if the SL55 is the better buy, and that 200 grand will buy you something more special than a top-motorized, but "ordinary" SL, but then, to each his own, right?

So relax man and take it easy.

All the best,
    Rossi

BTW, which fool pays 60k USD over sticker for a SL65?

My dear Walter,
    don't take things too personal, will you? My comment to Moogle's post meant that I thought his post was FUNNY, that's why I posted THREE SMILIES, got it Walter?
    On the other hand talking about age, I don't know how old YOU are, but I hope you're not nearly as old as your precocious comments.
    If you would ask me about the SL65, I'd say it is a fantastic Grand Tourismo (I also recommend you read my first post in this thread from Sep, 7th). Personally I think it has a great engine, in a chassis that might be too heavy, but then it isn't meant to be a sports car. You can argue if the SL55 is the better buy, and that 200 grand will buy you something more special than a top-motorized, but "ordinary" SL, but then, to each his own, right?

So relax man and take it easy.

All the best,
    Rossi

BTW, which fool pays 60k USD over sticker for a SL65?

should have waited for a ferrari 575M spider!!! some ppl already saw it and loved it...and it IS a hardtop!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    800714 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    447577 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265431 323
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    264351 288
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89561 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

884557 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    830659 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM