Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

Gnil:

smiley

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/comparison/2019/mclaren-600lt-vs-porsche-911-gt3-rs-vs-lamborghini-huracan-performante...

Reading this, I kind of think the author was scared of the Performante. Smiley

The Lambo's not so easy to gel with. There's that strange driving position and inferior visibility to knock your confidence. And where the McLaren's steering feels so effortlessly natural, Sant'Agata's engineers seem to have got sucked into following their cross-town rivals Ferrari into fitting a hyper-quick rack. You don't have that immediate confidence.

It's the Performante's V10 that defines the car. It sounds raw and urgent and a little intimidating

In the end, this is all I remember from this article:  

It sounds even better than the Porsche through much of the rev range, and matches the GT3 RS's turbo-free throttle response.

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

If a Lamborghini isn't slightly intimidating upon first aquaintance then something is wrong kiss

OK, right now, I am trying to change my specs to this: ACH2FP (Lamborghini Code...if someone is curious).

2019-02-01_10-33-11.jpg

adde318ab05a23a896230fdf15b9e915.jpg

2019-02-01_10-42-26.jpg
    Ignore the weird "lettering" on the seats (it will say Performante only...this is a glitch in the configurator, same goes to the Lambo log in the headrest).

15490142486042019-02-01_10-41-43.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

This is a bit more on the aggressive side Smiley

YESSS awesome when you go for this.

put money aside for replacing the seats smileykiss

Much much better. kiss

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

Nice combokiss But you’re sure about the race seats? They are looking nice, no doubt. Even my dealer told me these seats are really incredible stiff and he wouldn’t recommend them.

--

A green Lambo will always look nice , it's kind of one of THE color for this car .  The white did look good too , just a bit calmer ....... maybe too calm for you ?

Or did you choose green to stay friends with  your daughter 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Conny997:

Nice combokiss But you’re sure about the race seats? They are looking nice, no doubt. Even my dealer told me these seats are really incredible stiff and he wouldn’t recommend them.

I thought a very long time about the seats, also "talked" to someone who did 1500 km in Sardinia with them. He loved them. I am also very angry with myself that I didn't take the AMG Performance seats for our C63S Cab. I have them in the E63 S and I love them, my back never hurts and they have a fantastic side grip. Took the comfort seats in the C63 S Cab and now I regret it because every time I driver over a longer distance, my back hurts. Smiley My wife doesn't like them too much either, same problem.

We both (me and wife, even kids) sleep on very hard mattresses since I can think and whenever I'm in a hotel bed with a soft mattress, I get back pain the next day.

So I am taking the risk because of my back. My best friend drove a couple of months ago in my E63S and said that he hates the ride comfort. Funny: I think it is too soft. Smiley

If I regret it...there is an Alcantara cushion which can be fitted in the race seats, so they become more comfortable. No kidding. Smiley

Now let's see if the factory agrees on the order change because actually, it isn't possible anymore (Evo production started and they are swamped with logistics, so very difficult to change orders, we'll see).

--

Gnil:

A green Lambo will always look nice , it's kind of one of THE color for this car .  The white did look good too , just a bit calmer ....... maybe too calm for you ?

I said to myself...what the f.ck, those GT3 RS drivers drive around in green cars and mine is white? Smiley Smiley

Kidding aside, I think that, similar to the GT3 RS, a car like the Performante deserves a more...how to put it..."noticeable" color. Verde Mantis is actually one of the Performante colors, so I think I made the right choice, even if this color can be very likely seen more often on Performante than plain white. It is also a very high quality 4-layer color. 

Or did you choose green to stay friends with  your daughter 

Not really, actually my son is to blame for this. How? My son, my wife's "darling" (mothers and sons Smiley), mentioned that he loves green for the Huracan. The very same moment my wife, who doesn't like green at all, asked me if I can change the color to green. Smiley Smiley My daughter was quite angry because of that because the green was always her favorite Huracan color (she called it "Kermit green" Smiley) but in the end, she is happy I am trying to switch to green now.

Lamborghini will tell me later this afternoon if the change is possible. I hope it works out but truth to be told, I wouldn't hold my breath. Like I said before, the Evo production started and there is a logistics nightmare there right now since the Performante is also still produced until April.

Btw: We also already made a "plan" how to not provoke the neighborhood with this color: I will start the car in the garage (very loud), exit the garage in Strada mode and avoid the downtown of our small town, especially in spring/summer time, when downtown is packed with people. I need to fly under the radar with this one, at least until my neighbor gets his 720S Spider in yellow (I think). Smiley

--

Yes, I know the AMG Performance seats but I think you can’t compare them with the Performante shells ?

--

Conny997:

Yes, I know the AMG Performance seats but I think you can’t compare them with the Performante shells ?

The AMG Performance seats are very stiff, also have little back support (very thin). Of course they aren't directly comparable but if these seats are comfortable (and most AMG drivers who chose them seem to disagree with me), I think I'm good.

The Performante is a sportscar, a weekend fun car, so I think I'm good. Seriously. I thought a very long time about it. There are tons of Performante with racing shells driving around in the US with those bad roads and potholes and I didn't hear many people complaining. I am a bit worried about my wife and her back but she already told me that she won't drive often with me (wasn't doing it with the R8 either), in spring/summer she prefers driving her Cab (we usually meet up when we're supposed to go somewhere together). 

I'm taking the chance because I love the side grip of the racing shells and I love how the look. If I'm wrong, I'm getting that Alcantara cushion someone recommended. Smiley

--

BjoernB:

put money aside for replacing the seats smileykiss

They cannot be replaced...different wiring.

The racing shells save serious weight though...almost 20 kg lighter than the comfort seats.

--

RC:

OK, right now, I am trying to change my specs to this: ACH2FP (Lamborghini Code...if someone is curious).

2019-02-01_10-33-11.jpg

adde318ab05a23a896230fdf15b9e915.jpg

@RC

I was just in Jakarta/ Indonesia and there's a Lamborghine dealer in the shopping mall right next to my hotel/ Ritz Carlton.

They had three cars on display:

• Urus in grey
    • SV roadster in yellow
    • Performante Spyder in green/ Verde Mantis

I didn't take any pictures but you can find them here/ see

https://www.google.at/maps/uv?hl=de&pb=!1s0x2e69f1e5c99dde33%3A0x92106aa185db60a3!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!...

That's really a fantastic color and suits this beast way better than "boring white" :-P

Wow the green is very nice..... It really suits the performante especially with the black theme...... Go for it kiss

RC you have certainly changed from being too concerned about your neighbors to just getting what you really want ...... Life is too short to care too much about what unimportant people think of your choices...... I admire that 

Let the neighbors talk. Get what you like. 

This car screams “look at me” so go bold. That green or the orange are both fantastic colors.

White for a Lambo...meh. 

Good choice for the seats, track oriented go to lightweight seats. Did they actually propose kind of cage and harness as Mclaren now proposes with the track oriented version?

Hope it goes through. Lambo is still small scale and it should be doable to accommodate last minute wish. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

AP911:

Wow the green is very nice..... It really suits the performante especially with the black theme...... Go for it kiss

RC you have certainly changed from being too concerned about your neighbors to just getting what you really want ...... Life is too short to care too much about what unimportant people think of your choices...... I admire that 

I know but not always easy over here... Smiley

--

a white Lambo is like a red MB S-class -> wrong

This is the perfect colour

the-missile:

Let the neighbors talk. Get what you like. 

This car screams “look at me” so go bold. That green or the orange are both fantastic colors.

Definitely the Performante colors to go with, similar to the Porsche GT models (lava orange and lizard green).

White for a Lambo...meh. 

My thought as well...I just was looking at my wife's new C63 Cab in white and this is boring, also difficult to clean (now in winter time).

Good choice for the seats, track oriented go to lightweight seats. Did they actually propose kind of cage and harness as Mclaren now proposes with the track oriented version?

I'd have to lie if I'd say I really need a cage. For one to two serious track days per year? I doubt it. Unless of course the car is so much fun that I forget about my personal "rules" and spend money for track days again (I'd need to roll with a specific serious crowd and these track days are expensive). We'll see... My driving buddies usually also do their pass roads and Italy/Austria mountain fun trips and they are fun, not that expensive and provide better photo opportunities. My driving skills are good enough for me, no need to learn much more but of course I love track driving, unfortunately my driving buddies are (financially) out of my league and they have very exquisite track day choices with very exquisite instructors. Smiley Or they aren't married and have no kids. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hope it goes through. Lambo is still small scale and it should be doable to accommodate last minute wish. 

Thanks. The problem is the end of production of the Performante in April... Also the start of the Evo production. Pure logistics chaos. I haven't heard back from them yet, so this is not a no yet but let's keep the fingers crossed... Smiley

My son just returned from school and when I told him, he went completely nuts, he was so happy... It would be a shame to disappoint him. I can still use a green foil for the car though if I have to stick with white but let's hope this isn't necessary.

--

That green Performante looks stunning, congrats RC.

Christian, push the dealer for the Green. Don’t leave it to chance. It’s perfect.kiss

--

Stress is man made.

SciFrog:

That green Performante looks stunning, congrats RC.

Thank you. Smiley

--

nberry:

Christian, push the dealer for the Green. Don’t leave it to chance. It’s perfect.kiss

Dealer isn't the problem here, he does what he can. Still no word from Lamborghini...which can be good...or bad. Smiley

--

Love the green "in your face" color for the "in your face" car. Fingers crossed that it will work out for you. I'll definitely ask for a private demo after the car arrives wink

RC:
    nberry:

Dealer isn't the problem here, he does what he can. Still no word from Lamborghini...which can be good...or bad. Smiley

I understand that. Push the  dealer to escalate the issue or ask the dealer to provide you with a contact. You need to demonstrate this is not a flippant decision and you desperately want the green.Smiley

--

Stress is man made.

nberry:
    RC:
    nberry:

I understand that. Push the  dealer to escalate the issue or ask the dealer to provide you with a contact. You need to demonstrate this is not a flippant decision and you desperately want the green.Smiley

Might be too late in the production schedule to change colors as the production run for that variant is nearing an end.  Even a volume manufacturer will lock a production schedule a couple of weeks ahead of before the physical build begins as the supply chain needs ahead start on production of components and subassemblies.  Would imagine that Lamborghini lock time is even greater.  

I believe his car will be built in April or May.yes

--

Stress is man made.

Last order for the Performante was end of November 2018. After that date normally no changes can be made. Let's see if RC's wish will be successful.
    At least Verde mantis is "only" a pearl effect colour and not from the Ad Personam programme. The latter should be impossible to get now.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Agree with most, much better choice one a car like this! Congrats!

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689484 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409176 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255716 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234973 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65517 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857937 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773986 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM