Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracan Evo (2019 Facelift)

If you come to Bologna, just let me know so I make sure you get some real Bologna food.....which is the most important thing about the journey..hahahaha

--

993 c2

wantone:
    RC:
    nberry:

Shmee’s enthusiasm and knowledge of cars is very evident. Couple that with his command of the English language, you have a Utube star. 

Btw, I don’t think much of the Evo. It looks like a smashed bug.

--

Stress is man made.

His knowledge is based on the sales brochure he gets to read before he does his videos. He doesn't offer any real insight informations or clues, not even stuff owners would appreciate (with a few exceptions). Enthusiast? Yes, he is very enthusiastic about collecting valuable cars.

The only thing I admire him for is how he created a small business "empire" out of his YouTube channel and how well he hides it most of the time. Just as a hint: He has several(!) employees, a professional camera man, etc.. Smiley In his videos however, he gives the impression he does everything alone. Very clever. Other YouTubers do the same but at least you can often see their camera man and they treat him as a human being. Smiley

His contacts to the car industry are managed by his manager and a few people he met along the way, this is why he got access to some very special stuff, like for example watching the production of his GT3...which we aren't even sure it is/was really his car (it had Frankfurt license plates). 

In the beginning, I liked him because I really thought he is another enthusiast, you don't have to win a beauty pageant to win my sympathy but lately, his true face came out in the open and I realized that he is a clever business man and entrepreneur. Not the car enthusiast I imagined. Nothing wrong with that but I don't have to watch him constantly.Smiley

He actually posts regularly on pistonheads. He doesn't hide his team (everybody works part time for him) but he doesn't make them the focus of the video. He also claims that's lots of rich people consult him before buying expensive cars.

His financials are vague though. There is no way his youtube earnings can support the current fleet of cars that he owns. Lots of financing involved (he has explained that) but still. He also maintains a flat in London (and many parking spots)and another one in Frankfurt. Only for the flat in London and the parking spots I am sure he pays 4000+ GBP a month.

I like some of his videos. His strength is rather simple. He is producing a video a day. That's about it. His flooding the internet with uploads. As a comparison Doug De Muro is far more successful as a youtuber and not a poser at all.

Shmee didn't quite say the truth about his "family background" and his financials when asked about how he started a business (he claimed some crap about selling computers to classmates but I found his old posts on various gaming forums...seriously...and the story looks completely different than what he told the press Smiley).

Why is this important to me? Actually, usually I give a crap. I don't know him, so what would I care. In this case however, his story and his videos directly affected my son and still affects many many young people out there who watch his videos. Why? Because Shmee always gave the impression that you can actually own the cars he owns by just doing some YouTube videos. My son is now 15, he finally understood how things work and how important school is but at his school, many still believe that you can become an YouTube star over night and make millions in the process. Even the parents support these kids, they have no clue what it takes to do these videos, to become famous and in the end, to actually make millions (only a few young YouTubers actually achieved that and often, it was just luck they became famous). Just take a look at YouTube "star" Jake Paul for example to understand how this works...or being even more confused. 

Kids thinking that you can make millions by posting car videos? A disaster. 

Just recently, I saw an interview with TGE TV, another YouTube "car personality". I always wondered how he can afford his cars, saw that he is running some kind of fitness studio/company with his brother but even then, it wouldn't be enough to buy the cars he owns and live the lifestyle he does. Well...take a guess what he does as a job (he confessed in that mentioned interview)? Investment banker, from 9 to 5. Daily. Looking at the number of subscribers and views, it was pretty clear he cannot make money off his YouTube videos. Same goes to Archie Hamilton Racing, a buddy of his. Nice cars but where does his money come from? YouTube? Impossible. Suddenly, he showed a Ferrari owned by "someone" in his family, so go figure. Smiley

Most of the "famous" YouTubers come from money, something they (almost) always forget to mention. 

Again, I have nothing against these guys, I think they sometimes do excellent videos and sometimes they are fun to watch. I don't like it however when they make kids and adolescents believe that you can actually live the life of a millionaire off your YouTube videos. Only a few can...the others make, maybe, a couple of thousands of bucks per month, if they're lucky.

It is very rare that YouTubers are honest about the money they make off YouTube. One guy brought it in the open: For a video with 11(!) Mio. views, he made 18k USD. Total. Most car YouTubers have between 50k and 2 Mio. views per video. So go figure how you can afford a Senna by doing YouTube videos. Smiley I know, I know, many YouTubers make promotional stuff for car companies, dealerships and whatnot but if they are lucky, they maybe make 500k a year off that. Maybe.

Vehicle Virgins (a US YouTuber, Parker Nierenstein)? His father sold his company for 150 or 170 Mio., also had other money before that. Rumors say that he recently got access to a big chunk of his trust fund. No wonder he suddenly can afford (literally over night) a big new house, a Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta and a new Patek Philippe. Smiley

Again...no problem with that...I am not envious, on the contrary, I love nice things and I love it when others can afford them but I don't like it when kids, including mine, are misled by these YouTubers ("life is easy, why go to school, do some YouTube videos and you make millions Smiley") and end up ruining their lives because they think school isn't worth it but making some stupid YouTube videos. Thank god my kids understood that but it wasn't easy and required some digging, explaining and a reality check on my part. My daughter did some make-up videos on YouTube, pretty good ones actually (I was really surprised) but she made them private again after she realized that no-one really cares (they were up for a month and she got maybe 20 views Smiley).

Oh, regarding Shmee: Sometimes, he is in other videos with other YouTubers as well, for example Supercar Blondie (last one). In these videos, he usually is more "normal", doesn't behave like an adolescent in puberty who is just about having sex with his favorite teacher. Smiley Maybe Shmee should only talk in the videos but without showing his face. Or he should just turn it down a notch, which would make his videos watchable again for me and others.

I found it quite interesting what Shmee said when Supercar Blondie asked why he doesn't own a Lamborghini (she owns a Huracan and Shmee just returned from the Evo presentation): It seems that Shmee claimed he couldn't get a Performante (maybe I understood it wrong but this is crap, anyone can get a Performante) and then he started talking about comfort, luggage room and why he prefers his AMG GT-R. yes My guess? Shmee only gets cars which kid of keep their value and in the case of Lamborghini, he is just afraid they don't keep their value. Look at what Vehicle Virgins said why he canceled his Aventador SVJ order... This tells it all (and his claim the SVJ sounds worse than the S is crap). Vehicle Virgins is basically the US version of Shmee, however is a little bit more sympathetic than Shmee...Tim.

So in the end, why would I care about YouTube videos? Because I love cars and I love watching videos about cars. Unfortunately I sometimes get the feeling that for some car YouTubers, this is just a business, not really a passion. They do it with passion because it is their job but this doesn't mean they love cars. They often love collecting them though. Sad but true.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

xander71:

If you come to Bologna, just let me know so I make sure you get some real Bologna food.....which is the most important thing about the journey..hahahaha

Smiley Smiley Will keep that in mind, thanks. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC, congrats on the Performante decision.  I may have missed this (having been absent from this forum for some time), but is it now more socially acceptable to have a bold car in your neighborhood or did you decide to just ignore the false assumptions other people might have been making?  I recall at one time you were too embarrassed to even go for PCCB on your 911s due to the yellow caliper color.  This was the last car I expected you to get!  I guess you prob wouldn't drive this car to work anyway, which helps.  

It seems he is now more concerned about the kids and factory pickup rather than neighbors. He is correct about YouTube millions being difficult. So here is my reminder to watch my wife’s YouTube channel and subscribe if that’s your thing or your wife’s. Kaku’s Corner on YouTube. Cheers. You might even catch me in one like the summer trip to Spain. Do watch a lot so she can buy my McLaren for me. 

vantagesc:

RC, congrats on the Performante decision.  I may have missed this (having been absent from this forum for some time), but is it now more socially acceptable to have a bold car in your neighborhood or did you decide to just ignore the false assumptions other people might have been making?  I recall at one time you were too embarrassed to even go for PCCB on your 911s due to the yellow caliper color.  This was the last car I expected you to get!  I guess you prob wouldn't drive this car to work anyway, which helps.  

Thank you. Smiley

I just came to a point in life where I don't care (that much) anymore...especially after my wife convinced me that you life only once (we had a couple of breast cancer incidents in our circle of friends and my wife tries to see things a little bit differently...five years ago she was strongly opposed to getting an exotic car).

Also, the social "environment" in Germany right now isn't the same it was over 10 years ago, it has improved but I just hope we don't get another economic crisis. I also don't hope that the current environmental discussion in Germany doesn't escalate to a point, where people are pointing (again) with their fingers towards powerful cars/sportscars.

Furthermore, half of our neighborhood is now in my wife's care as a family doctor, so... Smiley

No kids from the direct neighborhood are in my son's school anymore and my daughter finished school, so this "problem" has gone away as well.

I will keep the car in my own garage though (the R8 is in a rented public garage), I don't want to take chances.

A little fun regarding Lamborghini: Today, I got a copy of my lease contract from Lamborghini Financial. It may be interesting to many here that Porsche Financial is actually behind this (I wrote this before). Actually, it says Lamborghini Financial on the letter head but Bentley Financial where the signatures are. Smiley Funny: The document says that I have to pay the down payment (if applicable) before I pick up the car at my local Porsche Center. Smiley I didn't know I have to pick up the car at my local Porsche center but if Lamborghini says so... Smiley Smiley

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDwQxcS8Zw

Still looks like a squashed bug to me.

--

Stress is man made.

nberry:

You mean a 911 is not?Smiley

--

nberry:

You're confusing it with the 911... Smiley

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF9o_PVK_6I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKpIE0u9-j8

.......................Ferrari 488 Pista: 1:45.90
    .............a-workx 991.2 GT3 RS: 1:46.00
    ...Lamborghini Aventador SVJ: 1:47.30
    ...Lamborghini Huracán EVO: 1:49.00
    Mercedes-benz AMG GT 63 S: 1:52.80
    ......Audi R8 V10 Performance: 1:53.30
    ....................Lamborghini Urus: 1:57.10
    .............Porsche 718 Boxster T: 1:58.80
    .................................Camaro V8: 1:59.90

There is a review in Sport Auto but they specifically seem to avoid any comparison with the Performante. What a pity, I was curious. The tested car was on Trofeo R, just for the book. The Audi R8 V10 Performance had Cup 2 (but they are not as good as the Trofeo R and the car doesn't have AWS). No time for the Performante I'm afraid, so no comparison possible but performance figures were pretty "bad" (0-100 kph in 3.2 seconds and 0-200 kph in 9.9 seconds versus the 9.2 seconds of the Performante, which btw. had a power loss during testing).

Also, they mentioned that (contrary to the Performante), the Evo didn't exceed the Hockenheim Ring noise emissions level, they didn't get banned. Weird...because in my opinion, the Evo sounds almost as loud as the Performante. Maybe loudness isn't everything, I noticed that the Evo is deeper in sound at higher revs, so maybe they sound both very loud but the Evo actually meets the noise limit. yes

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54AVuAdDALU

....................................McLaren Senna: 1:38.50
    ......................................McLaren 720s: 1:41.65
    Lamborghini Huracan Performante: 1:42.49
    ............................Porsche 918 Spyder: 1:42.63
    .....................................McLaren 600LT: 1:43.73
    ...............Porsche 911(991.2) GT3 RS: 1:44.06
    ......................................McLaren 675LT: 1:44.04
    .....................................Ferrari 488 GTB: 1:44.28
    ...............Porsche 911 GT2 RS (991.2): 1:44.35
    .........Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4: 1:45.06  <<<<<<<< 610-4 <<<<<<<<<<<
    ...............Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C7): 1:45.44
    ..................Lamborghini Huracan Evo: 1:45.56 <<<<<<<<< Evo <<<<<<<<<<<<
    .......................................McLaren 650 S: 1:46.16
    ......................Porsche 911(991.2) GT3: 1:46.82
    ..................Porsche 911 GT2 RS (997): 1:47.08
    ........................................McLaren 570S: 1:47.13
    ...................Mercedes-Benz AMG GT R: 1:47.27

heart

Very disappointing for this car and even slower than the predecessor? 

Where is the advantage of all those technical goodies like RWS, LDVI and the promised improved aerodynamics? 

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

as i said a very underwhelming car. Litle understeer on initial turn in. No feel and feedback from he front axle. The RWS steering isnt well balanced. Too soft springs.

Just in case anyone in Germany is interested in the upcoming Lamborghini Evo GT Celebration: I can get you one through an official Lamborghini dealer. Contact me through PM if interested. Price is around 285k EUR, car is (to my knowledge) fully loaded. Only 36 cars will be available, the exterior color combo continues in the interior (Alcantara with proper stitching).

Lamborghini claimed in a press release that this car is only available for the North American market but apparently... yes

Lamborghini-Hurac-n-EVO-GT-Celebration-169FullWidth-2dce1440-1619887.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-EVO-GT-Celebration-169FullWidth-d3f73cf6-1619886.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-EVO-GT-Celebration-169FullWidth-5cde59a8-1619896.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-EVO-GT-Celebration-169FullWidth-76a43ac2-1619893.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-EVO-GT-Celebration-169FullWidth-9f5be816-1619895.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-EVO-GT-Celebration-169FullWidth-7e2c088b-1619889.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-EVO-GT-Celebration-169FullWidth-415d33de-1619888.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-EVO-GT-Celebration-169FullWidth-4d1a9c99-1619884.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Updated rumor: The rumored Evo "Performante" (aka Supertrofeo Stradale or whatever the name will be) is expected for the end of next year (2020), limited series of around 700 cars, RWD only, highly modified chassis, 100 kg less weight (vs Evo), same power as current Evo but very likely with particulate filter. Car is supposed to be the "GT3" version of the Evo. Base price starts (in Germany) slightly under 300k (29x).

Rumored US price is around 375k USD. 

--

The colour scheme on that Celebration model.....yikes.  Still, it is a well known colour pattern in nature....angry

F5AD74AD-4D03-403E-AF5E-D6B8FAB6E885.jpeg

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

4trac:

The colour scheme on that Celebration model.....yikes.  Still, it is a well known colour pattern in nature....angry

F5AD74AD-4D03-403E-AF5E-D6B8FAB6E885.jpeg

Unless of course there is a reason for this color combo... Smiley

2019_08_01.jpg

--

RC:

Updated rumor: The rumored Evo "Performante" (aka Supertrofeo Stradale or whatever the name will be) is expected for the end of next year (2020), limited series of around 700 cars, RWD only, highly modified chassis, 100 kg less weight (vs Evo), same power as current Evo but very likely with particulate filter. Car is supposed to be the "GT3" version of the Evo. Base price starts (in Germany) slightly under 300k (29x).

That sounds really cool Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    RC:

That sounds really cool Smiley

Sounds cool but too expensive (for my taste). I'm happy I got the Performante, even if it isn't really a pure track car.

For this kind of money, it is going to be difficult to get a similar car with this kind of engine, sound, performance and looks. Smiley

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0cbBDoY4C8

....Lamborghini Huracán Evo: 1:50.48
    ....................Ferrari F8 Tributo: 1:50.81(+0.33s) Video
    .........................McLaren 720S: 1:51.41(+0.93s) Video
    ...Audi R8 V10 Performance: 1:54.11(+3.63s) Video
    ...Porsche 718 Cayman GT4: 2:00.11 Video
    .....Lotus Evora GT410 Sport: 2:03.75 Video
    .....................Toyota GR Supra: 2:09.58
    ................................Audi TT RS: 2:13.10
    ............................Alpine A110S: 2:13.32 Video
    Tesla Model 3 Performance: 2:19.41
    .............Alfa Romeo Stelvio Q: 2:25.75 Rain
    .........Mercedes-AMG CLA 35: 2:26.31
    ..........................Ford Focus ST: 2:27.75 Rain

AutoBILD Sportcars reviewed the Evo recently and it fell behind the Performante in every single driving test, including track performance. Also was 68 kg heavier than the Performante. I guess I can sleep well now...not that I didn't before. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

AutoBILD Sportcars reviewed the Evo recently and it fell behind the Performante in every single driving test, including track performance. Also was 68 kg heavier than the Performante. I guess I can sleep well now...not that I didn't before. Smiley

Any further news on the "road going" GT car?

crayphile:
    RC:

Any further news on the "road going" GT car?

Nothing, sorry. There will be something new available soon, some sort of Huracan special model and of course that lightweight 2WD model next autumn or so.

Huracan Evo 2WD also coming soon.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

For the new RWD Evo there has already been a teaser:

Regarding the new Huracan special model, I always thought that this will be that lightweight RWD GT car with massive aero?

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

That "special" model Unica teased was actually the RWD model. 

Tomorrow is going to be the official unveil but no real surprises here.

--

Front of the RWD-Evo:

First time the RWD looks better than the AWD.

--

The touch of simplicity rally does help the design. Brings it back a bit to the original beauty of when the Huracán was first introduced. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765109 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437073 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261313 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258140 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82727 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877362 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809568 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM