Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

For Performante lovers:

check Heather Ballantine at 34:00. She likes the Performante from the whole Lamborghini line up most

https://youtu.be/nTPLM_Nc8PY

indecisionindecision

--

RC

Something to tide you over until the big version arrives.

7421CD6B-BE74-49AC-A46C-D55570B45265.jpeg

iPhone photo strikes again  cheeky

DJM48:

RC

Something to tide you over until the big version arrives.

7421CD6B-BE74-49AC-A46C-D55570B45265.jpeg

Smiley

Believe it or not but I almost bought one of those fantastic MR models, in 1:18 because I really wanted one. Couldn't find one to match my ordered Performante 1:1 (Forge rims), lucky me.

Why lucky? I just recently found out that when I pick my car up, I not only get a high quality car cover with Lamborghini logo and the official battery (trickle) charger but also...a 1:18 model car, made by MR, looking 1:1 like the real car . Apparently, this is some sort of Lamborghini tradition. 

I almost spent 400 bucks for that model car, when I actually get it for free when I pick up the car. Smiley

My dealer was pretty sad when I asked him if this stuff comes with the car: It was supposed to be a surprise for the delivery. Smiley Smiley I guess I spoiled it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Conny997:

For Performante lovers:

check Heather Ballantine at 34:00. She likes the Performante from the whole Lamborghini line up most

https://youtu.be/nTPLM_Nc8PY

indecisionindecision

I really like Heather Ballentine, she is a fantastic Lamborghini sales person and her videos are always very informative and entertaining at the same time.

Have you watched her What your Lamborghini Salesperson should have told you when you bought a Huracan! video? Here it is:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CWNfWKHDrs&t=3s Lamborghini should hire her. Smiley

Btw: In the video you posted the link to, she claims that the Performante isn't produced anymore. This is wrong. They still make the car until April this year (my car has an April build date and is one of the last to leave the factory), I wrote this in the comments section.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

As you can actually see in this comparison video, the Performante is always a tiny bit faster and ahead of the GT2 RS...until the last long straight when the GT2 RS catches up and wins almost five seconds or so over the Performamte due to a much higher speed on the straight.

Just imagine how much faster the GT2RS's laptime would have been if it had active aero like the Performante.  That huge picnic table on the back causes lots of drag...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    RC:

As you can actually see in this comparison video, the Performante is always a tiny bit faster and ahead of the GT2 RS...until the last long straight when the GT2 RS catches up and wins almost five seconds or so over the Performamte due to a much higher speed on the straight.

Just imagine how much faster the GT2RS's laptime would have been if it had active aero like the Performante.  That huge picnic table on the back causes lots of drag...

So what does it tell you about the development priorities for this car? Here is my guess: As cheap and as fast as possible. Smiley Smiley

Let's see what the Performante successor with all wheel steering, 30 hp more and other goodies can do...it should beat the Aventador SVJ time...Smiley

We still have no clue how reliable the GT2 RS is...judging by it's engine alone, I don't have high hopes.

--

RC:
    We still have no clue how reliable the GT2 RS is...judging by it's engine alone, I don't have high hopes.

I'm not sure if it's reliable or not, but I am not impressed with Porsche's decision to use a more powerful version of the wet-sump motor found in more ordinary models.  It should have a turbocharged version of the dry-sump GT3/RS motor for the price.

If any 992 model(s) gets a motor like this (turbo GT3 motor), the 991 2RS version will not be looked upon very fondly in historical context.

But, it is fast...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

RC:
    Grant:
    RC:

So what does it tell you about the development priorities for this car? Here is my guess: As cheap and as fast as possible. Smiley Smiley

Let's see what the Performante successor with all wheel steering, 30 hp more and other goodies can do...it should beat the Aventador SVJ time...Smiley

Well Porsche have pretty good expectation on that motor, you forgot they are putting it in their race car? The GT2RS ClubSport? And that race car will have a series to race in soon.

--

And same motor in 935 also.  I also think it's probably going to be reliable, but I am underwhelmed at the development of this motor (even if it is reliable and effective).  Could have been really spectacular (but seems like Porsche went with effective, reliable, and economical to build as its criteria).

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:
    Grant:
    RC:

Well Porsche have pretty good expectation on that motor, you forgot they are putting it in their race car? The GT2RS ClubSport? And that race car will have a series to race in soon.

I do not have details (yet) but are you sure the engines are identical? No hardware changes? Smiley

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:
    Grant:
    RC:

I do not have details (yet) but are you sure the engines are identical? No hardware changes? Smiley

--

Without knowing details, which part of the motor (generally) do you expect to be different?

--

First, I'd like to know if the crankcase is the same. Then crankshaft...camshaft...pistons...con rods...valves...fuel pump...turbo chargers...injection system...intake...intercoolers...exhaust system (minus the catalytic converter) etc.? It is my understanding that the water tank is already different in the Clubsport? Also, are these parts used in the Clubsport retrofittable for the road version?  (not legally of course but I am curious).

--

Didn't know that Supercar Blondie owns a Huracan... blush

The new "paint job" on her car is really "something"...worth watching (you don't have to like it), I've never seen something that special and 3dimensional. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLEWVpsN7D4

--

RC:

The new "paint job" on her car is really "something"...worth watching (you don't have to like it), I've never seen something that special and 3dimensional. 

done by plastidip. the owner is a club member and can do pretty much everything you want. Smiley

limiting factor is to get the car approved by road authority...Smiley they do not allow more than 3 colors.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

RC:

First, I'd like to know if the crankcase is the same. Then crankshaft...camshaft...pistons...con rods...valves...fuel pump...turbo chargers...injection system...intake...intercoolers...exhaust system (minus the catalytic converter) etc.? It is my understanding that the water tank is already different in the Clubsport? Also, are these parts used in the Clubsport retrofittable for the road version?  (not legally of course but I am curious).

My understanding is that all those parts are the same (do you have different info?.  The larger water tank is a minor difference and there is already a triple-sized water tank available for the road version from Manthey.

--

RC:

It's peelable paint that she should peel right off. My god that's ugly. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Mithras:
    RC:

It's peelable paint that she should peel right off. My god that's ugly. 

Like I said, you don't have to like it as the "paint job" per se. I admire the work and idea, it really is amazing. It opens up completely new possibilities for cars...

--

RC:

--

Everything you mentioned is stock street car parts. Including the cat, and even the transmission is the street car's. The final muffler is of a different design, but that's down stream from the cat.

Exact same formula from how they built the Cayman GT4 ClubSport. Previous GT4CS used the street car's final muffler though.

The race car do have different fluid tanks, they haven't open the hood for us to see the water tank, but that's minor stuff, just like the race cars have fuel cell fuel tanks and of a different capacity than street car.

The GT4 uses the stock ECU from the street car, and the PDK programming too, they just lock out 7th gear. So I believe the GT2RS ClubSport and the 935 will be exactly the same.

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:

--

Everything you mentioned is stock street car parts. Including the cat, and even the transmission is the street car's. The final muffler is of a different design, but that's down stream from the cat.

Exact same formula from how they built the Cayman GT4 ClubSport. Previous GT4CS used the street car's final muffler though.

The race car do have different fluid tanks, they haven't open the hood for us to see the water tank, but that's minor stuff, just like the race cars have fuel cell fuel tanks and of a different capacity than street car.

The GT4 uses the stock ECU from the street car, and the PDK programming too, they just lock out 7th gear. So I believe the GT2RS ClubSport and the 935 will be exactly the same.

Sounds good to me but I'm still skeptical... This is basically a supped up 991.2 Turbo S engine.

--

RC:

This is basically a supped up 991.2 Turbo S engine. 

Which is basically a turbocharged 991.1 Carrera S motor (with some different internals)...

But for some reason, all variants of this particular basic wet sump platform have been unusually reliable (in NA and turbocharged guises) on both road and track (including slick tires).

--

Grant:
    RC:

This is basically a supped up 991.2 Turbo S engine. 

Which is basically a turbocharged 991.1 Carrera S motor (with some different internals)...

But for some reason, all variants of this particular basic wet sump platform have been unusually reliable (in NA and turbocharged guises) on both road and track (including slick tires).

--

I remember when I was at Weissach for a 991.1 Turbo S tryout with Lars Kern and I was talking to a development guy about the "new" Turbo engine and the Mezger engine and reliability and this guy looked at me and said "the Mezger engine is nice but we are much prouder of this engine, it is even more reliable". I was quite surprised to hear this from him because I was thinking about those 700, 800 and even 1000 hp PS monsters with Mezger engine and the 991.1 Turbo S engine wasn't exactly new but I guess he was right. Smiley 

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:

--

Sounds good to me but I'm still skeptical... This is basically a supped up 991.2 Turbo S engine.

The intake and turbos are different but yes, it's basically the same motor.

It really is very reliable, not sure why you are't convinced yet.

--

Maybe I'm not convinced because when I talked about the 991.1 Turbo S engine I've been basically told that it is just an interim solution until the next gen engine shows up (every ten years) and that they had to work a lot and hard on thermodynamics and fuel pressure setups to achieve that power (560 hp) and there isn't much power margin left for the facelift. Basically, they told me that at 600 hp, it is the end.

Now suddenly the very same engine produces reliable 700 hp? Hard to believe but apparently... Smiley

--

RC:

Maybe I'm not convinced because when I talked about the 991.1 Turbo S engine I've been basically told that it is just an interim solution until the next gen engine shows up (every ten years) and that they had to work a lot and hard on thermodynamics and fuel pressure setups to achieve that power (560 hp) and there isn't much power margin left for the facelift. Basically, they told me that at 600 hp, it is the end.

Now suddenly the very same engine produces reliable 700 hp? Hard to believe but apparently... Smiley

Not quite, you forgot it needs the water injection to cool the charge to get over 700?

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:

Not quite, you forgot it needs the water injection to cool the charge to get over 700?

I didn't forget, the water injection actually makes my suspicion worse... Smiley

Like I said before: If it works (and it seems to work fine so far), I'm good with it.

--

so far the 3.8L from the carrera S is reliable...look at the first version of GT4CS (400+ race cars playing around), the GT4 cayman and spyder (over 6000 units) in general and the updated 3.8L with the turbos to make the turbo models (normal and S, over 10,000 units)and the last 2 RS (which will end at 3500). obviously few mods done between the family versions but no big drama as was the first version of the 3.8 from the GT car (GT3.1 and .1RS, yes the 4.0L is inflated 3.8L) which were different to the base 3.8L block.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

More Evo pics...

Lamborghini-Huracan-Evo-Innenraum-Cockpit-lightbox-463b9665-1395542.jpg
    Lamborghini-Huracan-Evo-Motor-V10-fotoshowBig-8a5a19b1-1395541.jpg
    Lamborghini-Huracan-Evo-lightbox-a30825e1-1395554.jpg
    Lamborghini-Huracan-Evo-Sitze-fotoshowBig-80a7c383-1395547.jpg
    Lamborghini-Huracan-Evo-Infotainment-Touchscreen-fotoshowBig-44bc9e0-1395546.jpg
    Lamborghini-Huracan-Evo-fotoshowBig-a196065d-1395548.jpg

--

First Evo video footage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEMHJhjj3lc

Huracan Evo Spyder test mule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbgz5YHkJAw

--

smiley

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/comparison/2019/mclaren-600lt-vs-porsche-911-gt3-rs-vs-lamborghini-huracan-performante...

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689412 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409124 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255702 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234962 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65515 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857912 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773944 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM