Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2019 BMW Z4

The outside, well, it is Toyota, but the interior is beyond words even for Toyota, it is unimaginative, dull, old fashioned before it even came out and looks so cheap... plus dont see an LCD rear view mirrow either...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Well, at least it has that fantastic V10 engine from the LFA...

Oh wait...that fantastic V8 engine from the LC500...

Oh wait...none of that. 

Interior looks 99% BMW to me...when is the new BMW Prius coming? indecision

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Carlos from Spain:

The outside, well, it is Toyota, but the interior is beyond words even for Toyota, it is unimaginative, dull, old fashioned before it even came out and looks so cheap... plus dont see an LCD rear view mirrow either...

BMW G29 Platform with a Toyota badge, so much for Toyota working with BMW in developing the next supra, which took them close to 17 years Smiley

Subaru with a Toyota badge Smiley

So that's how you make a new Z4 look less ugly .......... park it next to a new Supra smiley

The depressing thing about all of this is that joint ventures like this appear to be the only way sports cars make any sort of viable sense for manufactuers now as sales figures are so low.

ISUK:

So that's how you make a new Z4 look less ugly .......... park it next to a new Supra smiley

Smiley

--

ISUK:

The depressing thing about all of this is that joint ventures like this appear to be the only way sports cars make any sort of viable sense for manufactuers now as sales figures are so low.

I wanted to use the Smiley but this actually deserves the SmileySmiley

So sad...Lexus had that fantastic LFA and that nice V8 n/a in the LC500 and now this? Toyota should be ashamed. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Nothing wrong with the interior. All it needs is a BMW steering wheel. 

mail

Lack of Manual (or even DCT) seems a mistake in this segment...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Shmee apparently just bought one, so it must be a fantastic car...  angry

I wonder how much discount he got? 99%? indecision angry

Haven't watched the video yet, so... yes

--

RC:

That's the point. Those Youtubers get the car for free just to give it the right credits in the social media. Or - I start doubting Shmee's car knowledge

Lars997:
    RC:

That's the point. Those Youtubers get the car for free just to give it the right credits in the social media. Or - I start doubting Shmee's car knowledge

He sticks to the manufacturers script, cheers Smiley

For instance, Salomondrin is another clueless youtuber that once said the GT2 came out in early 2000s Smiley

I have yet to watch a Shmee video in which he talks bad about a car. I haven't watched all of his content though 

All he explains can be found in a brochure or manual. There's hardly any constructive criticism. His reviews are quite shallow, that's my opinion at least. I have found that the same applies to almost all other car vloggers. If I watch them, which has become rarer, then the video is mainly muted and only to see the cars portrayed in different angles and colours. I fast forward whenever I see a face angry indecision

--

2018 White 911 GT3

+1 

--

Still, he drives more sports cars than all of us together  But yes, lets burn him because we are jealous... oh, car snobs... oh, know better... ehm, anyway indecision

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

And here I thought Gauss had articulated his point very cleaely and respectfully and that anyone would get it easily, guess I was wrong indecision  ... Better to say that everything youtubers post is fantastic and unbiased and their caliber of of professionalism depends of how many cool cars they drive...

--

Gauss:

I have yet to watch a Shmee video in which he talks bad about a car. I haven't watched all of his content though 

All he explains can be found in a brochure or manual. There's hardly any constructive criticism. His reviews are quite shallow, that's my opinion at least. I have found that the same applies to almost all other car vloggers. If I watch them, which has become rarer, then the video is mainly muted and only to see the cars portrayed in different angles and colours. I fast forward whenever I see a face angry indecision

I've seen a few where he criticizes aspects of the car but not many. Yes his videos are a bit bland but I enjoy the fact that he's more of an information delivery system when he does his big in depth walkthroughs on cars. I personally don't care that much about his opinion but do appreciate how much detail I can get out of the videos. There's small things and minutia that he brings up that nobody else is going into. 

You guys actually watch this crap? You can stand listening to him? I tried some time ago and decided never again. I don't care what super special car he gets access to.

Best YouTuber in the world and my spiritual animal: Kermit Weeks. 

No car content though, only his old fighter planes. Check him out, he’s the real deal. kiss

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

Gauss:

This is why car manufacturers love him. He gives the official sales brochures a well known face/voice. Smiley

Faces aren't that bad but 99% of the car reviewers refrain from negative points and/or even criticism because next time, no more car for them. Smiley Smiley

This is why I actually like YouTubers like Solomondrin: They may use foul language (who doesn't love the word f.ck in every second sentence he uses? Smiley) but at least, they seem to be honest about their opinions about a car. Who knew that the Senna needs to stay connected to the wall charger 24h per day when it isn't used? I didn't. 

Sport Auto is actually one of the rare magazines which still mentions a negative point or two during their reviews but manufacturers cannot really ignore them since they are an "institution" in the car world. I think Horst von Saurma actually got into trouble with some manufacturers because of his honesty and some started to question his abilities as a driver, so he was replaced by Christian Gebhardt. I don't know the full story behind this but there were rumors at that time that there was pressure from car manufacturers to replace him.

Honesty doesn't pay off in the car world...I've learned that too over the past decade(s). As long as you praise the products or stay neutral, everything is nice and peachy but one wrong word and you're out. 

--

KMM:

You guys actually watch this crap? You can stand listening to him? I tried some time ago and decided never again. I don't care what super special car he gets access to.

I cannot listen to Shmee anymore...it hurts my ears, my eyes, everything. Smiley His weirdness however seems to have become his brandmark, his CI, people watch him because they like his content...or because they are disgusted. Smiley It doesn't matter, they watch him, this is what counts.

For Lamborghini content, I love watching Heather Ballentine. She is an official sales person and don't expect any serious criticism from her but she knows how to present the cars and seems to be pretty honest.

For any other content, I watch whatever comes up but to be honest, there isn't a single (YouTube) car show I actually enjoy, other than maybe (from an entertainment point of view) Top Gear and The Grand Tour.

Vehicle Virgins has become the US version of Shmee, so I stopped watching him either.

Salomondrin has in a video 10% car content, 80% crap and 10% funny moments. Sometimes I get tired of watching him, especially listening to his f.ck in every second sentence he uses. Smiley Why? Smiley This doesn't make him cooler.

DDE? Who the hell watches this show? The entertainment factor is ZERO in my opinion, unless you're 12 or have an IQ of under 80 and the whole show is just boring.

Maybe it is time for a car show which actually mades fun of all the bad things of a car? Unfortunately, owners are not better than manufacturers: If you make fun and/or point out the bad stuff about their car(s) or the cars they love, they start hating you.

So I guess we just need to "pick" to find what we like on YouTube but it isn't always easy.

--

Ok I actually like this car. Was previously thinking of a Stang as a cheap but cool car for occasional use, but I think I will buy this as long as it costs less than a M2C. Otherwise I cannot justify the price. 

Only car related YouTube channel I thoroughly enjoy is Harry's garage. Knowledgeable, and always on point.

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

spudgun:

Best YouTuber in the world and my spiritual animal: Kermit Weeks. 

No car content though, only his old fighter planes. Check him out, he’s the real deal. kiss

Nice to see another Kermit fan here.  Love his channel.  That guy is truly living the dream.

RC:
    Gauss:

This is why car manufacturers love him. He gives the official sales brochures a well known face/voice. Smiley

Faces aren't that bad but 99% of the car reviewers refrain from negative points and/or even criticism because next time, no more car for them. Smiley Smiley

This is why I actually like YouTubers like Solomondrin: They may use foul language (who doesn't love the word f.ck in every second sentence he uses? Smiley) but at least, they seem to be honest about their opinions about a car. Who knew that the Senna needs to stay connected to the wall charger 24h per day when it isn't used? I didn't. 

Sport Auto is actually one of the rare magazines which still mentions a negative point or two during their reviews but manufacturers cannot really ignore them since they are an "institution" in the car world. I think Horst von Saurma actually got into trouble with some manufacturers because of his honesty and some started to question his abilities as a driver, so he was replaced by Christian Gebhardt. I don't know the full story behind this but there were rumors at that time that there was pressure from car manufacturers to replace him.

Honesty doesn't pay off in the car world...I've learned that too over the past decade(s). As long as you praise the products or stay neutral, everything is nice and peachy but one wrong word and you're out. 

I think I'll be on top of the list in getting banned by almost all car manufacturer, starting with VW Group (The Main Disaster) Smiley

Grant:

Lack of Manual (or even DCT) seems a mistake in this segment...

The chief engineer is too confused and delusional at the same time Smiley

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/toyota-chief-engineer-confirms-j29-supra-will-have-dct-no-manual-transmission-124745.html

April / 2018: Toyota Chief Engineer Confirms J29 Supra Will Have DCT, No Manual Transmission.

Speaking on the sidelines of the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, the chief engineer gave a negative answer to the possibility of a good ol’ manual transmission. “At the moment, it is not,” he told Infoseek.co.jp, adding that “a dual-clutch transmission” is how the next-generation model rolls, and that will be that.

Tada explains that the manual isn’t on the agenda because the torque produced by the Supra would make the “shifting feel worse.” On the other hand, the chief engineer made it clear that the Supra will be more of a “pure sports car” compared to the Z4, which is described as a “luxury sports car.”

bla bla bla bla as usual when Porsche wanted to make up an excuse why the new engine will only work with PDK Smiley

January / 14 / 2019:  The new Supra’s 3.0-liter twin-scroll turbo six will produce 335 hp and 365 lb-ft of torque and will be teamed with a quick-shifting 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.

January / 15 / 2019: Toyota Will Consider Manual Supra If Demand Is “Overwhelming” Smiley

Well, Toyota Supra chief engineer Tetsuya Tada says a manual transmission is still being considered for the A90. “If the mass market demand is there, it would be something that would have to be considered. It depends on the right timing,” Mr. Tada said at a roundtable with reporters at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show.

However, the engineer stressed it would only happen if there was “a persistent, overwhelming demand” for a manual transmission. Emphasis on “overwhelming”: a bunch of people whining on forums that the Supra needs a stick shift might not do the trick.

Tada-san added that he was “very satisfied” with the performance of the 2020 Supra’s standard eight-speed automatic. “It is completely different from any other automatic transmission that has been released,” Tetsuya Tada was quoted as saying by Auto Guide.

The chief engineer reminded journalists that manual transmission Supras have been in “test development phases.” While that’s a fact, previous reports said the manual was developed for right-hand-drive markets only, which would include countries such as Japan, the UK, Australia, and South Africa.

During the same discussion, Toyota North America’s Executive Vice President, Robert Carter, added that the company would respond to consumers. However, he did stress that sales of manual transmission cars are insignificant in North America.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/a25909163/toyota-supra-manual-transmission-future-plans/

How much do these fools get paid to spout this much bs ? Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753020 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430675 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258580 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255450 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868277 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801825 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM