Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Salomondrin's fun with Shmee

Joost:

According to the interwebs, his net worth is about 15 million. If that is the case, how can you afford multiple cars worth in excess of 1 million each?

Why not? If he owns the cars and he still has 15 Mio. left... Smiley 

Maybe he loves cars? Oh well, he does...did...whatever. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

nberry:

Short of him admitting he intentionally tried to set the car on fire, the insurance company will pay the claim. 

Exactly. I can't imagine a clause in his policy that would say his insurance coverage was void if he pushed the "Race" button on the street. "Explicitly prohibited" by whom? Smiley

Playing devil's advocate... could setting the car in race mode be considered an illegal modification for street use by the manufacturer hence voiding warranty and used by the insurance to also void coverage as well? Sort of like using non street legal race tires on the street and having an accident?

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

RC:
    Joost:

According to the interwebs, his net worth is about 15 million. If that is the case, how can you afford multiple cars worth in excess of 1 million each?

Why not? If he owns the cars and he still has 15 Mio. left... Smiley 

Maybe he loves cars? Oh well, he does...did...whatever. Smiley

Funny,  *IF* he owns all these cars, yet he can't afford to buy a house Smiley

Who's stupid enough to pay 500k over msrp for xyz car Smiley he did mention once his RR cars are leased....

Someone re-posted this

I do not know Alejandro personally or otherwise, so difficult to tell who he is and if he is wealthy or not. I leave that to the internet rumor mill. 

This may (or may not) shed some light into this peloton25 vs. Salomondrin controversy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Salomondrin/comments/aa26q1/proof_why_salomondrin_is_disliked_in_the_car/

There clearly is something going on and Alejandro seems to have made quite some enemies...I don't have a clue why and what happened, not even sure I'm interested since this isn't really my world (private, Rennteam, job, nothing else Smiley).

This probably happens when too many big egos meet...would be interesting to watch and actual meet with all these guys. Just imagine me being there as well, what a douchebag fest. Smiley Smiley Porker and Co. would have a blast. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Carlos from Spain:

Playing devil's advocate... could setting the car in race mode be considered an illegal modification for street use by the manufacturer hence voiding warranty and used by the insurance to also void coverage as well? Sort of like using non street legal race tires on the street and having an accident?

I don't think so, since it only requires pressing a button on the dash.  He could have received a ticket (small amount) from the police if they understood this happened, but don't think it would void warranty (for fire) and insurance.  Yes, it may waive warranty coverage for scraping an expensive part of the car when illegally using race mode, but I don't think it's reasonable for the car to burn to the ground by running in the lowered mode.

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Whatever he does to void a manufacturer warranty will not impact insurance coverage.The only way he can lose insurance coverage is if the insurance company can prove he intentionally set the car on fire or a policy exclusion specifically addressing the race mode issue which would be extremely rare.

Insurance companies in the US now excluded coverage for accidents while the car is on a track regardless if the event is designated as an education event. But should the same car be involved in an accident while racing on a public street there would be coverage.

Christian, he may be selling his cars because like myself after years of buying and driving high performance cars, the excitement wears off. That said, go a few months without a sport car in your garage, the passion usually is ignited again  as I am sure it will be with him.

--

Stress is man made.

Guess I’m just too cynical and behind the times, but this scenario looks to me like either negligence or fraud and he’s selling cars to cover potential  losses because he’s already gotten pushback from the carrier.

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

nberry:

Whatever he does to void a manufacturer warranty will not impact insurance coverage.The only way he can lose insurance coverage is if the insurance company can prove he intentionally set the car on fire or a policy exclusion specifically addressing the race mode issue which would be extremely rare.

Insurance companies in the US now excluded coverage for accidents while the car is on a track regardless if the event is designated as an education event. But should the same car be involved in an accident while racing on a public street there would be coverage.

Christian, he may be selling his cars because like myself after years of buying and driving high performance cars, the excitement wears off. That said, go a few months without a sport car in your garage, the passion usually is ignited again  as I am sure it will be with him.

The excitement never wears off...I could buy a different sportscar basically daily...if I could afford it. Smiley Unfortunately I have to set priorities and another problem is that our tax office doesn't always accept sportscars as a company car. Exception is Porsche maybe...or AMG. Smiley Depends on how much money you make, also if you have to represent your company or not. The owner of a world renowned company can get a Ferrari as a company car, I can't. Smiley

Also don't forget what YouTube content Alejandro delivered for the past couple of years...mainly car related. Selling all his sportscars now makes no sense whatsoever, unless he is really traumatized. I can't imagine it but who knows, the brain sometimes plays nasty games with us, maybe Alejandro really got scared and doesn't want to drive his cars anymore. Any intelligent adult person on this planet would simply wait a few weeks to calm down and make a rational decision afterwards but his rushed decision to sell all his sportscars is pretty weird. Smiley

--

I too can't understand why selling all the cars. Looks like a financial requirement doing it. Can't believe that a car nut doesn't understand that those cars always could burn. And his argument that he can't see the flames on a rear-engined car, why would you sell an AMG GT-R, then?

Regarding replacing or not. Well - there is always a way. If it would be my car and it really was burning down because it has an error in build, then hell ya - I would like to have a new car. Think of that Porsche GT3RS which been burning down some while ago. All of the cars been replaced. Those cars have been limited, too. No-one ever doubts that it would have been the right way to handle things is telling the clients "oh sorry. The car was built shitty but we can't replace it". If it is really a manufacturing problem, then replace that car. It is only a car - doesn't make a difference if there are 500 or 501 built. In reality, there will be more built anyway as McLaren needed test cars, crash cars, etc. 

Sometimes those car collectors take themselves way too important. A friend of mine is an extreme collector. Has more than 500 cars. Two of each limited (as he has two sons and wants to pass it on in the heritage). So - two 918, two GT2RS, two 991R - here it comes. The moment the GT3 Touring was presented he was going nuts. How can Porsche do this to his valuable investment? He will lose money now... bla bla bla bla.... Matter in fact, the 991R never went below MSRP and in fact, the prices been stable up in the hights. But he still complaints and thinks that Porsche did something bad.

Again - if McLaren messed it up then handle it in an ethical way to the client. Give that owner a new car. Any of the other 500 owners will understand. Otherwise, you can just hope that the next one burning is at least the car of the one which was against an extra build. And if it was a mistake in build then it is just a matter of time until the next flames are going up.

He's only selling the mid engine exotics, right now he doesn't trust them and seems genuinely fearful of becoming a BBQ victim.

JimFlat6:

He's only selling the mid engine exotics, right now he doesn't trust them and seems genuinely fearful of becoming a BBQ victim.

He's also selling the AMG GTR and that doesn't fit the criteria of why it seems scary to him  Smiley  

Enmanuel:
    JimFlat6:

He's also selling the AMG GTR and that doesn't fit the criteria of why it seems scary to him  Smiley  

The selling of the cars makes no sense whatsoever... Smiley

Like I said before, any intelligent adult person would wait for a few weeks and then make a rational decision. 

I just don't get it, period. He can be scared all day long but you don't rush into such a decision without turning on your brains. Smiley Maybe some here are right, there is more behind this than we know. Smiley

My son has his own theory: Alejandro is the son of a Mexican drug dealer and he forces him to sell all his sportscars because he is afraid for his life. Smiley Kids...maybe there is more truth in it than we know. 

--

I enjoyed this guy's videos at first, when he was mostly focused on cars and producing some very very good clips along with his friends. By the time I thought he had edge over any other car reviewer because he was doing this out-of-the-box tests and did it with his particular but engaging manners. Looks like this space wasn't enough for him though.

Then he betrayed the guys he grew (in this business) with and started this "show" about his life, lifestyle and whatnot, no longer my kind of entertainment.

There are some shadows around him and his story, and the things that are coming up lately only confirm this point.

Joost:

I forgot the wealth chart.  Does this put him in the comfortably poor category? Smiley

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Targa Tim:
    Joost:

I forgot the wealth chart.  Does this put him in the comfortably poor category? Smiley

Smiley Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760542 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434277 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259967 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257116 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80737 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871192 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806342 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM