Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

Couple of points. The Corboy firm is one of the best tort law firms in the country. They have been around a long time and have handled many big cases.

All this talk about negligence is irrelevant since as I understand it the Plaintiff was a passenger. It would be highly unlikely any negligence can be attributed to him. Therefore, if Tesla was in any way negligent which was a contributing cause of the accident they will be held liable regardless of the actions of the driver or parents.

--

Stress is man made.

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Bloomberg report has Tesla forward pipeline...

1547292548095image.jpeg

Smiley

They HAVE to expand to Europe and Asia for Model 3. Or else Model 3 will stat piling up in their lots, not that it hasn't already.

The buyers have dried up in North America now. 

Not saying that 400k+ depositors are gone. Just that those are waiting for the cheap version which Tesla is not making, Tesla is only making loaded versions up until now and have pretty much saturated the North American market already. And the fact that they still only making the expensive version means they need to tap other market to absorb their production.

--

Whoopsy:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

1547292548095image.jpeg

Smiley

They HAVE to expand to Europe and Asia for Model 3. Or else Model 3 will stat piling up in their lots, not that it hasn't already.

Not saying that 400k+ depositors are gone. Just that those are waiting for the cheap version which Tesla is not making, Tesla is only making loaded versions up until now and have pretty much saturated the North American market already. And the fact that they still only making the expensive version means they need to tap other market to absorb their production.

Model Y rollout will coincide with Audi’s introduction of a smaller SUV based on Volkswagen’s MEB toolkit.  Interesting times for Tesla as a giant migrates to EVs.  

CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

1547292548095image.jpeg

Smiley

Model Y rollout will coincide with Audi’s introduction of a smaller SUV based on Volkswagen’s MEB toolkit.  Interesting times for Tesla as a giant migrates to EVs.  

Interesting that 2019 only shows Model 3 in production (along with sales of the S and X models, which are steady to declining) so Tesla has all it's eggs in one basket for (financial) survival before the serious competiton ramps up... 

1547318565443image.jpeg

Did you hear that Elon Musk asked for Chinese potential customers to place a deposit for the locally produced Model 3, so that they would have funds to build the local new factory (in that muddy field) to build some locally produced Model 3 inventory!?! Smiley

Whoopsy:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-urges-tesla-buyers-china-buy-now-fund-gigafactory-2019-1?utm_source=msn.com&utm_me...

It's basically like a Go-Fund-Me Campaign for Tesla in China to build his factory

Yes I did.

This post was lost among the accident post.

--

It is an exaggeration, a couple of tents and problem fixed indecision

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Here is one alleged annotated timeline of recent events around TSLA...

1547334515341image.jpeg

...why did the company not issue equity following the stronger-than-expected Q3 results? Smiley

With demand for the Model 3 in the USA reportedly past its peak, the Q3 level of profitability is going to be rather challenging to replicate if 2019 is relying upon shipping cars to Europe and Asia, which means higher delivery costs... Smiley

SEC Form 8-K filing from Tesla...

Tesla, Inc.

"Company Update"

(18 January 2019)

This morning, the following email was sent to all Tesla employees:

As we all experienced first-hand, last year was the most challenging in Tesla’s history. However, thanks to your efforts, 2018 was also the most successful year in Tesla’s history: we delivered almost as many cars as we did in all of 2017 in the last quarter alone and nearly as many cars last year as we did in all the prior years of Tesla’s existence combined! Model 3 also became the best-selling premium vehicle of 2018 in the US. This is truly remarkable and something that few thought possible just a short time ago.

Looking ahead at our mission of accelerating the advent of sustainable transport and energy, which is important for all life on Earth, we face an extremely difficult challenge: making our cars, batteries and solar products cost-competitive with fossil fuels. While we have made great progress, our products are still too expensive for most people. Tesla has only been producing cars for about a decade and we’re up against massive, entrenched competitors. The net effect is that Tesla must work much harder than other manufacturers to survive while building affordable, sustainable products.

In Q3 last year, we were able to make a 4% profit. While small by most standards, I would still consider this our first meaningful profit in the 15 years since we created Tesla. However, that was in part the result of preferentially selling higher priced Model 3 variants in North America. In Q4, preliminary, unaudited results indicate that we again made a GAAP profit, but less than Q3. This quarter, as with Q3, shipment of higher priced Model 3 variants (this time to Europe and Asia) will hopefully allow us, with great difficulty, effort and some luck, to target a tiny profit.

However, starting around May, we will need to deliver at least the mid-range Model 3 variant in all markets, as we need to reach more customers who can afford our vehicles. Moreover, we need to continue making progress towards lower priced variants of Model 3. Right now, our most affordable offering is the mid-range (264 mile) Model 3 with premium sound and interior at $44k. The need for a lower priced variants of Model 3 becomes even greater on July 1, when the US tax credit again drops in half, making our car $1,875 more expensive, and again at the end of the year when it goes away entirely. 

Sorry for all these numbers, but I want to make sure that you know all the facts and figures and understand that the road ahead is very difficult. This is not new for us – we have always faced significant challenges – but it is the reality we face. There are many companies that can offer a better work-life balance, because they are larger and more mature or in industries that are not so voraciously competitive. Attempting to build affordable clean energy products at scale necessarily requires extreme effort and relentless creativity, but succeeding in our mission is essential to ensure that the future is good, so we must do everything we can to advance the cause.

As a result of the above, we unfortunately have no choice but to reduce full-time employee headcount by approximately 7% (we grew by 30% last year, which is more than we can support) and retain only the most critical temps and contractors. Tesla will need to make these cuts while increasing the Model 3 production rate and making many manufacturing engineering improvements in the coming months. Higher volume and manufacturing design improvements are crucial for Tesla to achieve the economies of scale required to manufacture the standard range (220 mile), standard interior Model 3 at $35k and still be a viable company. There isn't any other way.

To those departing, thank you for everything you have done to advance our mission. I am deeply grateful for your contributions to Tesla. We would not be where we are today without you. 

For those remaining, although there are many challenges ahead, I believe we have the most exciting product roadmap of any consumer product company in the world. Full self-driving, Model Y, Semi, Truck and Roadster on the vehicle side and Powerwall/pack and Solar Roof on the energy side are only the start. 

I am honored to work alongside you.

Thanks for everything,

Elon

___________________________________________________________________________________

Forward Looking Statements

Certain statements herein, including statements regarding expected profitability results and future products, are “forward-looking statements” that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements are based on management’s current expectations. Various important factors could cause actual results to differ materially, including the risks identified in our SEC filings. Tesla disclaims any obligation to update this information.

Link: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/000156459019000740/tsla-ex991_6.htm

1547905255056image.jpeg

1547905264246image.jpeg

Smiley

Reality has hit Musk like one of his semis.  Volkswagen Group, along with Nissan and Hyundai, have made significant investment in lower priced EVs and Tesla simply cannot compete on the economics.  Volkswagen will soon have eight facilities around the global capable of building MEB-based EVs. This is in addition to separate facilities for Audi and Porsche.  Volkswagen is investing $800 million in Chattanooga, Tennessee and $1.4 billion in Zwickau, Germany.  In just two facilities Volkswagen is investing twice as much as Tesla’s current debt obligation.  It is extremely difficult to compete in such an environment when your company has no significant competitive advantage.  Following is a link to an excellent analysis on that particular subject.  http://www.thedrive.com/tech/26048/tesla-tackled-by-real-automaker-problems

Well, this is embarrassing...

https://insideevs.com/opening-tesla-model-3-trunk-rain-no-video/

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:
    JoeRockhead:
    Whoopsy:

There is a big difference between how the lawyer/client contact is made.

If the client think they can win, they find the best lawyer which is suppose to be these guys.

But if the law firm thinks this case is high profile enough that they can squeeze a settlement out of nothing, they will make contact with the client first and lay out the plans of attack.

And in this case, they WILL squeeze a settlement out of Tesla with a air tight NDA. The family gets some payout, the law firm gets a big payout, and Tesla pays some to make it go away. 

Yep. It's almost comical to think that any of these firms are as altruistic as they would have you believe. It's all about the money. 

None of the parties involved are altruistic.  In business, one must know the environment and tort risk is why the other automakers are loathe to introduce cutting-edge technology in products.  Tesla, on the other hand, charged right into uncharted territory with a massive battery pack and autopilot.  

Neither of which caused the accident.

It was the massive speed going into a slow corner that caused the crash. 

120mph crash test

--

Physics at work

A guy I know survived a 220 kph crash because his car turned over...many many times...decreasing kinetic energy steadily. He survived unharmed, just with a few ribs broken. His guarding angel certainly had a lot of work that day. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Please note reported recent experiences of customers seeking refunds on their Tesla Roadster deposit...

1548361094391image.jpeg

Smiley

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Please note reported recent experiences of customers seeking refunds on their Tesla Roadster deposit...

1548361094391image.jpeg

Smiley

That's what these people deserve, sorry. If you are stupid you will lose money...

MKSGR:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

1548361094391image.jpeg

Smiley

That's what these people deserve, sorry. If you are stupid you will lose money...

You do realize that there are laws in the Unites States to prevent such issues if the deposits are stated by a corporation as being refundable?  Once the consumer asks for a refund, the company must comply.  However, there are numerous reports that Tesla is extending payment periods for its suppliers and vendors too.  

CGX car nut:
    MKSGR:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

1548361094391image.jpeg

Smiley

You do realize that there are laws in the Unites States to prevent such issues if the deposits are stated by a corporation as being refundable?  Once the consumer asks for a refund, the company must comply.  However, there are numerous reports that Tesla is extending payment periods for its suppliers and vendors too.  

Of course you are right. I am just saying that people who give 50k to a company with know financing issues are kind of stupid (of they don't care if the money gets lost, i.e. see it more like an investment) Smiley

Guys, to be honest: I felt stupid and even quite offended when my Lambo sales guy asked for a 17k EUR deposit. Never ever in my life did I have to make a deposit for a car, not even for the GT2 RS I opted for but backed off.

I was really opposed to paying a deposit but there was no way around it. yes If I wouldn't have known the Lambo sales guy from my Audi days (I know him very well, he is even a customer of mine), I wouldn't have gone through with the order. Deposits feel weird to me, as if the dealer is saying "I don't trust you". This is not a good beginning for a long lasting relationship. I get it, the dealer needs to make sure that the customer takes the car, he needs to plan ahead but still...I don't like deposits. Btw: The deposit for the Aventador SVJ is 30k EUR. I mean, c'mon...limited production...demand is many times higher than production numbers...why would they take a deposit? yes

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

There were never deposits at my Porsche dealer for any cars, even the GT models ....... until 991 RS . That came because of the huge demand . In order to show that one customer is more serious about wanting the car then another one , they started to have deposits , which helped customers secure a slot .  

I was actually one off the first one to ever put a deposit ...... and I asked and pushed for it . I wanted to make sure I would get a car . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

There were never deposits at my Porsche dealer for any cars, even the GT models ....... until 991 RS . That came because of the huge demand . In order to show that one customer is more serious about wanting the car then another one , they started to have deposits , which helped customers secure a slot .  

I was actually one off the first one to ever put a deposit ...... and I asked and pushed for it . I wanted to make sure I would get a car . 

When I got offered the 918, the dealer asked for a 50k EUR deposit. He claimed it was Porsche policy.

I also think my dealer asked for a 30 or 40k deposit for the GT2 RS but they offered to waive it for me, so probably a dealer thing and not mandated by Porsche.

--

Deposit for the Project One would have been 500k€. I had it sitting and waiting to pay it. But - they didnt give me the car. Also - that payment would have gone directly to Mercedes Benz, not to a dealership. I think a huge difference. Lots of dealers cracked down but the manufacturer stays (well - I would probably hesitate at Fiat smiley)

Regarding Tesla - I asked last year in January to receive my 1k downpayment for the Tesla 3 back. Took me 3 phone calls and 2 emails and apprx. 2 months until I got that money back

There is a different in paying deposit to a company that you know will not vanish overnight, like Porsche, Lamborghini, AMG, etc. vs paying deposit to a company that's already in a cash crush and might go bankrupt like Tesla.

--

Whoopsy:

There is a different in paying deposit to a company that you know will not vanish overnight, like Porsche, Lamborghini, AMG, etc. vs paying deposit to a company that's already in a cash crush and might go bankrupt like Tesla.

True... Smiley Smiley

I am still surprised about the stock value (95% hope?) of Tesla...and my stupidity not to cash in when I had the chance to (sold it way too early). Smiley

--

Now Musk’s mum is picking up the Twitter slack with tweets blame short sellers for the stock price decline on Wednesday. https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/elon-musks-tesla-is-being-manipulated-by-the-media-short-sellers-his-mom-says

Any news regarding the car ????

--

993 c2

What car?  The Model Y is rumored to debut sometime this year.  There is the potential that Audi will show its MEB based smaller SUV before the Model Y model debut, setting up some interesting dynamics in the EV race.  There are also rumors that the Model S and the Model X will be revised but nothing is definite at this time.  Remember, as written before, Volkswagen is setting up eight assembly halls around the world for EV production within the next eighteen months.  

Most automakers were able to sustain growth by cultivating sales in China; however, with a massive level of investment in EVs in China, that market's growth potential for Tesla is definitely limited.

CGX car nut:

Now Musk’s mum is picking up the Twitter slack with tweets blame short sellers for the stock price decline on Wednesday. https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/elon-musks-tesla-is-being-manipulated-by-the-media-short-sellers-his-mom-says

Judgement day is coming, hence even the mom is coming out to prop up the stock price Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:

Judgement day is coming, hence even the mom is coming out to prop up the stock price Smiley

While not one for conspiracy tales, Musk's maternal family is worth a review.  His grandfather, Joshua Haldeman, was a political activist who moved from Minnesota, then to Canada, only to flee to South Africa during the height of apartheid, to "escape" political persecution.  Haldeman was a leader in a fringe political movement called Technocracy, Inc., which included socialist economist Thorstein Veblen and Peak Oil advocate King Hubbert.  They wanted to redefine the entire economy solely based on energy and its tightly controlled consumption.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technocracy_movement

One crucial component of their plan was to eliminate automobile ownership since cars are an underutilized asset class.  To increase utilization, cars would be a shared resource and autonomous vehicles become a necessary component.  

CGX car nut:

What car?  The Model Y is rumored to debut sometime this year.  There is the potential that Audi will show its MEB based smaller SUV before the Model Y model debut, setting up some interesting dynamics in the EV race.  There are also rumors that the Model S and the Model X will be revised but nothing is definite at this time.  Remember, as written before, Volkswagen is setting up eight assembly halls around the world for EV production within the next eighteen months.  

Most automakers were able to sustain growth by cultivating sales in China; however, with a massive level of investment in EVs in China, that market's growth potential for Tesla is definitely limited.

"Audi to show new baby e-tron electric SUV at Geneva 2019" (Auto Express)

(24 January 2019)

Audi will waste little time in adding a third electric car to its line-up by previewing a new addition to the e-tron family at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

As with the e-tron GT revealed at the Los Angeles Motor Show at the end of 2018, the next all-electric Audi show car will be another close-to-production concept, intended to send a strong signal as to where the brand sees the electric car arms race turning to next: small SUVs.

While the full-size e-tron SUV joins the Tesla Model X and Jaguar I-Pace, and will soon take on competition from Mercedes and BMW, the small, premium electric SUV space is an as-yet-untapped market. Audi wants to place a serious marker here, to get the jump on the Tesla Model Y, the all-electric version of the Volvo XC40 and a rumoured small electric SUV from Mercedes, all of which are tipped to surface in 2019.

The vehicle will in effect be an all-electric sibling for the new Q3, with exterior dimensions extremely close to those of the brand’s third most popular model. Even in its final full year in dealers, the previous-generation Q3 brought in more than 200,000 sales worldwide for the company. As such, introducing an electric option in the crossover segment and pouncing to get there early could be a lucrative move.

Audi has already teased the new e-tron family member, but our exclusive images preview the final design. As with the larger e-tron SUV, it’ll fall in line with the rest of the Audi line-up by largely using the brand’s conventional design language, but dressed up with e-tron elements such as the slat-based, opening-and-closing front grille.

While the larger e-tron SUV uses a bespoke platform, the smaller newcomer will be a product born of Volkswagen Group modularity. It’ll be the first Audi to use the group’s multi-billion-pound new one-size-fits-all MEB platform for electric vehicles, while it should be the first SUV in the VW Group to sit on the architecture, too.

The MEB platform has been described as a ‘skateboard’-like system, allowing the batteries, electric motors and most of the major cooling hardware to be packaged low and even recessed into the base of the chassis. This means Audi will be able to create an electric car the same size as the Q3, but with interior space rivalling that of the brand’s best-selling SUV, the larger Q5.

What’s a little less clear is how the dashboard and infotainment of Audi’s baby electric SUV will be laid out. Usually, it’s easy to predict the interior design of a Volkswagen Group car, based on sister models elsewhere in the group and the electrical systems of each platform leading to very common interior layouts.

We’ve yet to see a finished MEB interior, but it has been suggested that the platform supports a minimalist, but highly-digitalised, cockpit, with touchscreen displays replacing much of the traditional switchgear. The Audi EV crossover is likely to be a premium take on this new operating concept.

It’s anticipated that the electric crossover will be offered with all three of the MEB system’s different battery sizes. The Volkswagen Group has still not clarified the exact sizes of the platform’s battery packs, nor the final ranges, but a 48kWh model capable of 205 miles on a single charge is expected to form the cheapest option, with longer-distance 60kWh and 80kWh versions also offered, enabling up to 310 miles of electric range. With the Geneva car anticipated to be a concept extremely close in execution to the final product, the showroom version looks likely to hit the roads in 2020.

Beyond the new electric crossover, Audi has already confirmed it plans to introduce 12 all-electric e-tron models by 2025. A coupé version of the e-tron SUV could be next on the bill.

Link:  https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/102978/audi-to-show-new-baby-e-tron-electric-suv-at-geneva-2019

The roadster.....

and btw im so happy regarding the suv isation of all cars and brands ..so i will ve the only One not having a suv..love that idea..ahhahahahha

--

993 c2

xander71:

The roadster...

This is the latest Tesla Roadster mule I have seen reported...

"The new 2020 Tesla Roadster that wasn't in Switzerland"

(5 September 2018)

Tesla made a lot of noise about a big surprise it planned for the Grand Basel auto show, a celebration of architecture and design in Switzerland's northern industrial city.

The company teased that it might show a new pre-production prototype of its new Roadster. The much-hyped car has twice appeared in running form, once at its official debut in Los Angeles, along with the Tesla Semi, and once with Jay Leno riding shotgun.

The Tesla Roadster made an appearance in Basel, but without its promised three electric motors and 200 kilowatt-hour battery pack that Tesla says will deliver 620 miles of range.

Alas, the Roadster that appeared was a mockup, without even an interior.

The mockup showcases the Tesla Roadster's design in the context of other works or art and architecture, which was no doubt Tesla's intent.

Tesla fans, especially those who may have put down $50,000 deposits on the new Roadster, were no doubt hoping for more. Perhaps a demonstration of the car's vaunted 1.9-second 0-60 acceleration time, at least something in the way of motion.

Tesla has priced the second-generation Roadster at $200,000—$250,000 for Founder's Series cars—and requires a full $50,000 deposit within 10 days of purchasers signing a contract. Those who want one of the 1,000 Founder's Series cars have to put down the full quarter-million dollars up front... Smiley

CEO Elon Musk has said the car will be delivered in 2020, but it's unclear where the company has room to build an additional model beyond the Model S, Model X, and Model 3. It also plans to introduce the Model Y, a smaller, more affordable SUV, in 2020.

Tesla plans to open a second factory in Shanghai, which could begin producing cars in as little as two years. It's likely the company will build some Model 3s there, but it's not clear which other models might be produced in the plant, and Tesla says it will take another 2 to 3 years after that before the Shanghai factory reaches full production.

Link:  https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1118601_the-new-2020-tesla-roadster-that-wasnt-in-switzerland

NB: Rennteam members please note that your Tesla Roadster deposit may be at risk of loss if Tesla goes into Chapter 11 restructuring... Smiley 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688736 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408786 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255563 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234818 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65406 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857653 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773515 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM