Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

RC:

Oh yes, he put a smile on my face indeed. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ Not only on mine though... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž

I've never been a real fan of JC but boy can he write about cars...he always nails it. πŸ‘

Last weekend, my wife caught me playing GTA V Online, calling me a 10 year old (bare in mind that GTA V is a 18+ game but... πŸ˜›). She actually enjoys seeing me this way because (she told my daughter) she feels young(er) in my presence. She couldn't have made me a bigger compliment. 😎

I love cars, always did and I always had a special relationship to Porsche. At some point however, I felt like getting out of sync with Porsche, maybe the reason why I switched so fast from one Porsche to the other. Then, I realized that I have moved passed the 911. I really hoped for a 960, waited as long as I could but when the R8 came my way, this was already a different (sportscar) world. The R8 was always fun but lacked a certain precision and rawness I expected from a sportscar...to make me eternally happy. Then, heaven sent the Performante. The R8 GT I always wanted, the V10 engined exotic looking GT3 RS I always imagined. The car gods were good to me, can't wait to enjoy it like a 10 year old does his Playstation driving games. πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ƒ

Greetings from sunny Florida and Stefan...thanks a bunch...you just made my day. πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

A56C90F0-279B-43EC-BD75-5B657A49C5B9.jpeg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

We are always getting OT and knowing that this is not a frequent traveller forum, would you kindly share the name of your hotel ? Smiley

Hotel? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

Hotel? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

Air BnB or Time Share??

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    RC:

Hotel? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

Air BnB or Time Share??

Friend's beach side condo... 😎

6FD19BFC-1336-4AA0-BCB4-1547CC845866.jpeg

--

Nice!

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Congrats RC.

Might have to make a special trip to Germany to see it!   wink

Happy New Year all.

DJM48:

Congrats RC.

Might have to make a special trip to Germany to see it!   wink

Happy New Year all.

πŸ‘ Happy New Year. 😎

--

Rossi:

I like Jeremy Clarkson, especially the way he expresses himself. Now he proved, that RC bought the right car.

And now McLaren has made something even better. It is based loosely on the 720S and doesn’t have hybrid drive: just a 4-litre twin-turbo V8 that produces a mere 789bhp. The top speed is just 211mph, and that’s nothing to write home about.

Is that a typo or did he just spill the beans Smiley

Clarkson is right about one thing, Lambos in general (AWD) are for showing-off and he was always good with words and not steering a car around a corner, that should explain why he'd choose a Huracan over the rest. (he's getting old and fat)  Smiley

He's talking about the Senna.

Every Italian car is at least bit for showing off and I don't see anything bad about it. It's "motore e amore", something that German or British car makers will never understand.
    And in case of cars like a Performante or Speciale there's even substantially more.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

He's talking about the Senna.

Oh ok, the Senna with a terrifying price tag which is the reason I keep on forgetting McLaren released this after the 720S angry

My bad, I hardly even bother to look at the cars exterior and continue to forget its specs.

Every Italian car is at least bit for showing off and I don't see anything bad about it. It's "motore e amore", something that German or British car makers will never understand.
    And in case of cars like a Performante or Speciale there's even substantially more.

Smiley

My only gripe with Lambo is the AWD (Haldex) System which prevents the car to drift/slide a little bit, it almost acts as a firewall Smiley

Amore e motore = Fiat Multipla smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Let me clarify: every Italian Sportscar. 

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

You can easily drift in the Performante but what's the point? Drifting is no proof of track performance (or even driving skills, I know a guy who is a drift genius but on the track, I am way better) and on public roads, drifting is actually even more pointless. I can post a drift video with the Urus if you're into this kind of stuff, my kids surely had their fun moments but I really don't get it.

The AWD is actually an amazing thing to have on the Performante and there is a reason why AWD systems are forbidden in pro racing series.

As to showing off: I really got the Performante for it's specs and emotional attributes, not for it's looks. I really wanted the  R8 GT but it never came...

Speaking of showing off: Who shows more off? Someone who gets a car solely based on emotional attributes and track performance or someone who gets a car based on power and straight line performance figures? πŸ˜‰

I would never get the 720S because it sounds boring and the turbo lag would drive me nuts (it does on the E63 but hey, this is a family car. Also, I will drive the Performante in winter time as well, we all know how this worked out with some 720S drivers lately.

You see where I'm getting here? Each person prefers a different type of car for whatever reasons. I know people who drive a Ferrari because they really love the cars, others may be showing off but who cares?

I get my cars based on what I want and enjoy. I think my car history has made a pretty good point in that regard.

--

RC:

Speaking of showing off: Who shows more off? Someone who gets a car solely based on emotional attributes and track performance or someone who gets a car based on power and straight line performance figures? πŸ˜‰

I am confused Smiley, are you talking about your ex-Mustang? Smiley

I get my cars based on what I want and enjoy. I think my car history has made a pretty good point in that regard.

the Jeep and the Mustang speak for themselves Smiley, you are almost forgiven now by getting the Performante.

it is stunning, just unnecessary front wheel drive but we are progressing here Smiley

I guess that we will be ok with the next purchase Smiley Smiley

Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    RC:

What does a GT500 have to do with showing off? Unless you live in a redneck backyard...or maybe France? πŸ˜‚

the Jeep and the Mustang speak for themselves Smiley, you are almost forgiven now by getting the Performante.

You are aware that the Jeep was a family car? A pretty nice one as well. Very nice n/a V8 engine.

Showing off with a Jeep? πŸ˜‚

it is stunning, just unnecessary front wheel drive but we are progressing here Smiley

Now you lost me completely.

I guess that we will be ok with the next purchase Smiley Smiley

Smiley

I have to be OK with any of my cars, I give a rat's ass about what others think (with the exception of my kids and my wife of course because they have to drive with me).

--

RC:
    the-missile:
    RC:

What does a GT500 have to do with showing off? Unless you live in a redneck backyard...or maybe France? πŸ˜‚

power and straight line figure is very much mustang mojo but you still need some humor for 2019 😁

You are aware that the Jeep was a family car? A pretty nice one as well. Very nice n/a V8 engine.

Showing off with a Jeep? πŸ˜‚

Now you lost me completely.

I pointed out the AWD πŸ˜‹ but I still love this car. 

Humor OFF, RC can’t get it...oh yes, German 😁

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

I get Louis de Funes but I don't get you. πŸ€— Actually, you are the one with the German humor...which tends to provokeπŸ˜‰ Btw: I am no German by birth, so the joke is on you. πŸ˜‚ There is a reason I don't watch German comedies... πŸ˜‰

The GT500 is famous for burnouts and drifting, certainly not for straight line performance (which is really bad since the rear wheels spin even in 3rd gear, especially if you had a tuned one like me). On a drag strip with drag racing rubber things look differently of course but that's a different story.

Btw: I suggest looking for the definition of "targeted humor". I get it but I don't want to get it. Got it?! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž

--

https://youtu.be/DvOd8buamlg

πŸ€—πŸ˜Ž

--

That Huracan is seriously quick. Let's meet next year wink

nice sound kiss

--

2018 White 911 GT3

I wasn't talking about you RC, but Lambo owners in general. I've seen tons of them at the service center with door dings, scratches and shredded front lips/bumpers, because the owners are just too smart and always run over anything in front of them becasue AWD traction takes care of almost everything (horrific scene) Smiley Smiley

I always hear Lambo (AWD) owners prefer it over a Ferrari/Porsche (RWD), despite not knowing the difference between the drivetrains each use Smiley and when you ask them why ?  this is what I usually hear, Wild + Raw  which = My A$$, if they actually knew what Wild and Raw felt like, definitely not in a 1,800 kg car Smiley

No wonder they hardly sell any LP580-2, which is a terrific car and no Performante version is offered, to keep AWD version on top of the list and could also affect sales Smiley

I already know you love AWD and would always choose it over RWD and put more miles than most owners which is a good sign Smiley

Ferrari owners are too anal when it comes to mileage starting to rack up followed by depreciation, it would be a miracle to see a few in motion in some parts of the world, while the other part just hit the track at sloane street competing with Lambos and Veyrons Smiley

I'm still not convinced or can get myself to accept AWD / Roadster in a Supercar. Maybe a CGT one of those days, when the management team gets reshuffled in my area Smiley

This one‘s for you @RC! kiss

https://youtu.be/JZXooG8a4bA

That is stellar.  

Lord_Driftalot:

This one‘s for you @RC! kiss

https://youtu.be/JZXooG8a4bA

Thank you, I've already seen it, very nice indeed. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

--

I drove the LP580-2 and didn't like it much. The traction benefits from AWD are gone. Same with the R8 RWS. 

I am used to AWD since my Lancia Delta Integrale days and unlike many other drivers, I actually use the AWD as a driving dynamics "benefit". Not exactly safe but fun, probably one reason I only VERY seldom turn off ESP. πŸ˜› So while others love to slide around in their 2WD cars, I actually enjoy pushing the AWD to it's limits. To each his own I guess but I can say with some proudness that on wet surfaces, I am very hard to beat. πŸ€— Not talking straight line here. Probably the reason I enjoy deiving my cars in rain and snow as well. Only fear is that some careless idiot slides into me. Smiley

Will see how my wife's 2WD C63 S Cab will handle, it has a new ESP/traction control setup and some new driving programs options to play with. 😎

--

Then the only Ferrari you'll ever get to like is the GTC4Lusso angry

C AMG handles like a pig...Huracan without the AWD handle like a pig...

these cars are way too heavy to be enjoyable...

the GT3 is already borderline...and there is 250kg difference at best...

think Alpine...and start to worry about EV fast pigs 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

C AMG handles like a pig...Huracan without the AWD handle like a pig...

these cars are way too heavy to be enjoyable...

the GT3 is already borderline...and there is 250kg difference at best...

think Alpine...and start to worry about EV fast pigs 

Alpine? πŸ˜‚ If I want a Smart, I take the original... πŸ˜‰

Low weight doesn't guarantee driving fun. I would prefer an Urus over the Alpine anytime and no, I haven't driven it yet but I don't expect it to be much much different than a Megane RS. 

Some people enjoy the "whole" package and for me, the Performante is perfect. Yes, no Ferrari for me, Sorry. I like the F12 and the Superfast a lot but these cars aren't for me. 

C63 S Cab is supposed to be a German GT500...it sounds great, lots of fun to drive open and it may even be fast on the Autobahn but it is no track toy.

Also, weight difference between GT3 and Huracan Performante is not 250 kg. Huracan Performante in Sportauto Supertest was equipped with extra rollbar and seat, which increased weight, they wrote it in the article. Usually, the weight difference is merely 100-150 kg, depending on the options. Not that it really matters because compared to the Performante, the GT3 sounds like an angel's fart. πŸ˜‚πŸ€—

--

Comparing Alpine and Smart is a very big stretch...enlightened Drive it, Christian. You will be surprised. Renault Sport team is no joke and very capable.

F12 and Superfast are not in the category of Huracan Performante...more like Pista. I will take the Lambo over the Pista, I would take the Speciale over the Lambo. 

The C is a nice cruiser especially with open top...and it stops there from my point of view.

check the spec sheet...Huracan is 1640kg against 1417kg for the fat 3. It does matter a bit when you want to use it as advertised, brakes and tyres will not like it much. Lambo track oriented car is definitely oriented for light duty. We see them on track here every weekend. smiley

sound at full charge between the 2 cars would surprise you as well  angel’s fart is not really appropriate cool

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

Comparing Alpine and Smart is a very big stretch...enlightened Drive it, Christian. You will be surprised. Renault Sport team is no joke and very capable.

F12 and Superfast are not in the category of Huracan Performante...more like Pista. I will take the Lambo over the Pista, I would take the Speciale over the Lambo. 

The C is a nice cruiser especially with open top...and it stops there from my point of view.

check the spec sheet...Huracan is 1640kg against 1417kg for the fat 3. It does matter a bit when you want to use it as advertised, brakes and tyres will not like it much. Lambo track oriented car is definitely oriented for light duty. We see them on track here every weekend. smiley

sound at full charge between the 2 cars would surprise you as well  angel’s fart is not really appropriate cool

Where do the 1640 kg come from? In the Sport Auto review, where they specifically mentioned that the car had additional weight due to the roll cage and heavier(!) racing seat, the measured weight ws 1605 kg.

In the Autobild Sportacars review, the Performante was measured at 1569 kg, the 991.2 GT3 PDK at 1475 kg. Weight difference is 94 kg. 

See here:

945F5384-A166-4632-9203-551CBBE0DFEF.png
    12D4AE3C-C414-413B-8B9A-EC4F0A8A8021.png

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688764 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408794 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255568 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234821 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65411 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857659 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773533 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM