Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Mission E...the future of Porsche?

ISUK:

It's the lack of tumblehome (to use car designer speak) that is throwing you. The Cayenne has a narrower upper cabin with the glass falling more sharply inwards on the sides towards the narrower roof panel. This also means the rear of the doors tilts inward more which allows them to open slightly wider in confined spaces. The RRS doors are much more upright due to the wider roof panel. This rear comparison photo really highlights the difference in upper cabin widths. The Cayenne really narrows in around it's window belt line whereas the Range Rover Sport hardly does so at all. It's why the RRS feels so much more spacious inside.

Vs Cayenne.JPG

Hehe, it's not just feels. It is more spacious.

i can fit 3 17 year olds in the back of SVR comfortably. and 2 17 yr old plus a 10 yr old in the back of the Cayenne, and the 3 of them would still juggle with positions. Same with front seats, passenger in the SVR seats farther away than in the Cayenne. Trunk is also quite a bit bigger.

The new Cayenne, however is much bigger inside, leg room in the back was positively gigantic. 

Think EPA, which measures interior volumes, classify the SVR as bigger than the previous ten Cayenne.

--

Oh yeah, this happened in Stuttgart.

IMG_1241.JPG

--

Porsche Formula E car, right?

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Whoopsy:

IMG_1241.JPG

can't wait to hear it Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Whoopsy:

Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

the-missile:
    Whoopsy:

IMG_1241.JPG

You don't have to wait, just run over to your local golf course indecision

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

PHOTO-2018-12-09-01-10-23.jpg

PHOTO-2018-12-09-01-10-46.jpg

I really don't get it. heart

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Rossi:
    the-missile:
    Whoopsy:

Smiley

Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Porker:

The new great future waiting for all of us sooner or later... Smiley

Don't worry: I get it but I don't want to get it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

The impression from the picture above is that It is an anonymously looking racing car with Porsche stickers on it.  I don`t get it either (and I am not against EV - they are great for city driving or super congested urban areas).  

Porker:

Does this help?

https://jalopnik.com/porsches-new-formula-e-racer-is-here-1830968068

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

I’m not sure, but I think all the formula E cars are built by one company, to one particular specification. Like the iROC competition years ago, or the current Carrera Cup series.

m4ever:

The impression from the picture above is that It is an anonymously looking racing car with Porsche stickers on it.  I don`t get it either (and I am not against EV - they are great for city driving or super congested urban areas).  

Can F1 cars be identified by brand? Smiley OK, maybe by those who look closely and know their stuff. 

This is the (boring) future...like it or not. Smiley

Also, what Sydney said... 

--

RC:
    Porker:

To say it with Walter Röhrl's words: Formula E is perverted ("abartig") Smiley

--

Daily Driver 991 Carrera T (June 2018), Canyon Carver 981 Spyder, Track Machine 997 GT3

Joost:
    Porker:

Does this help?

https://jalopnik.com/porsches-new-formula-e-racer-is-here-1830968068

Nope, my love for cars and motorsports starts and ends with internal combustion.

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porsche-Jeck:
    RC:
    Porker:

Formula E races are like having sex with a condom after a thorough scrub down with disinfectants, no sweat, no smells, no liquids and no kissing. Smiley

--

Hahaha, how do you know ? smiley

--

Daily Driver 991 Carrera T (June 2018), Canyon Carver 981 Spyder, Track Machine 997 GT3

RC:
    Porsche-Jeck:
    RC:
    Porker:

Formula E races are like having sex with a condom after a thorough scrub down with disinfectants, no sweat, no smells, no liquids and no kissing. Smiley

And no STD like AIDS (or climate change). 

RC:
    m4ever:

Can F1 cars be identified by brand? Smiley OK, maybe by those who look closely and know their stuff. 

This is the (boring) future...like it or not. Smiley

Also, what Sydney said... 

In my opinion , the E series should have started with production racing cars and not formulas as a production racing car shape is much more similar to what a street car would look like (imagine a Tycan Club sport series of sort). This could facilitate and accelerate the acceptance and allow for distinction . Said that , I watched a Formula E race and I did not like it as it lacks the drama and emotional involvement deriving from the noise (sound) of  internal combustion engines.

Wonderbar:

I’m not sure, but I think all the formula E cars are built by one company, to one particular specification. Like the iROC competition years ago, or the current Carrera Cup series.

Correct!

I do not follow Formula E, still won't even when Porsche will be in it.

But I do believe they use a common chassis but each manufacturer is responsible for the drivetrain, so they can each tune and develop the electric system differently. 

Porsche should learn a lot racing these golf carts, regen rate and discharge and general programming of the energy flow, which they already have a base line from their hybrid cars. 

--

- Porsche Press Release -

"Ultra-high-power charging technology for the electric vehicle of the future"

FastCharge, prototype for a charging station, Jettingen-Scheppach, 2018, Porsche AG

(13 December 2018)

The research consortium presented a prototype for a charging station with an output of up to 450 kW yesterday in Jettingen-Scheppach, located near the A8 motorway between Ulm and Augsburg. The new charging station is suitable for electric models of all brands with the European standard Type 2 variant of the widely used Combined Charging System (CCS), and is now available for use free of charge. A Porsche research vehicle with a net battery capacity of approximately 90 kWh achieved a charging capacity of over 400 kW on the new charging station, allowing for charging times of less than 3 minutes for the first 100 km range.

The “FastCharge” research project

Initiated in July 2016, the “Fast Charge” research project has received €7.8 million in funding from the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure. The implementation of the funding guidelines is being coordinated by the German National Organisation Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology (NOW). The industrial consortium includes automotive manufacturers the BMW Group and Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche AG, as well as operators Allego GmbH, Phoenix Contact E-Mobility GmbH (charging technology) and Siemens AG (electrical engineering).

Fast, convenient charging solutions increase the attractiveness of electromobility; increasing the available charging capacity to up to 450 kW allows charging times to be significantly reduced. The charging capacity of the new FastChargers is three to nine times as high as what is currently possible with DC rapid-charging stations. The “FastCharge” project examines what technical conditions need to be fulfilled in terms of vehicles and infrastructure in order to allow extremely high charging capacities to be applied.

The charging station prototypes presented use the charging plug from the tried-and-tested Combined Charging System (CCS) in the Type 2 variant that is standard for Europe. This charging standard has already proven itself in a wide range of electrified vehicles and is used in many parts of the world. The two Jettinger charging stations are currently available for use with all CCS-enabled vehicles, free of charge. Depending on the model of vehicle, the new ultra-fast charging station can be used for vehicles with 400-volt and those with 800-volt battery systems. In each case the charging capacity provided automatically adjusts to the vehicle’s maximum permitted charging capacity.

FastCharge, Jettingen-Scheppach, 2018, Porsche AG

The Porsche research vehicle can achieve a charging capacity of 400 kW initially – a first for a passenger car. An innovative cooling system makes this possible, by ensuring even, gentle temperature control in the battery cells.

Electric mobility with the soul of a Porsche sports car 

Porsche is set to invest more than €6 billion in electric mobility by 2022, targeting both plug-in hybrids and fully electric vehicles. This means the company has more than doubled its previously planned expenditure for electromobility from around €3 billion to over €6 billion. Of the additional €3 billion, around €500 million will be used to develop the models and versions in the Taycan range. Porsche will also be investing around €1 billion in the electrification and hybridisation of its existing product range, hundreds of millions in the expansion of its sites, and around €700 million in new technologies, charging infrastructure and smart mobility.

Link: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/company/porsche-fastcharge-prototype-charging-station-ultra-high-power-charging-technology-electric-vehicle-16606.html

Hi all!

Taycan Turbo? ... 😮 

3 Versions : Taycan, Taycan 4S and top model is called Taycan Turbo ... sounds strange on first look ... but makes sense on second .... 

See here: Taycan Turbo

Best

Gregor

--

-----------------------------------

BMW i8 * RRS 

It looks like 660 hp  for the turbo

@scifrog!

https://www.autoplus.fr/porsche/taycan/actualite/Porsche-Taycan-Turbo-electrique-prix-1534308.html

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

is porsche going to strap a couple of turbos on to the battery?  this is bullshit info and not going to happen.  i will eat my shorts and post the video here if porsche does something that stupid.

Translation of the article courtesy of Google  kiss

For all intents and purposes, remember that "Turbo" is the abbreviation of "turbocharger", an air supercharging device for a heat engine. Being without engine, the Taycan will not be equipped with any turbo. But this is a historic name for Porsche, especially since 1974 and the first 911 turbocharged engine. The manufacturer in Stuttgart would have decided to use a familiar nomenclature so that customers understand easily the differences between the versions of the Taycan, while registering his first electric car of series in the line of his other vehicles.

A symbolic name
    If it were confirmed, this approach of Porsche could be seen as a continuation of what the company has already implemented since the restyling of the 911 type 991. Indeed, if the Carrera models are now equipped with engines turbocharged galley , the high-end model has retained the suffix Turbo which is no longer distinctive alone. Nevertheless, it should not be that the purchasers of Taycan Turbo think buy a car, even hybrid, with a heat engine.

The answer provided to Roy contains other interesting information. The basic model would be simply named Taycan and sold just over $ 90,000 in the United States (about 80,000 €). The mid-range would be provided by a Taycan 4S displayed just under $ 100,000 (88,000 €), with again a "4" not very distinctive mechanically since the standard version will already be equipped with an AWD. As for the Taycan Turbo, it would start at more than $ 130,000 (€ 114,000).

Taycan Turbo will, even if having no petrol engine plus turbo, will simply be a more powerful combination of electrical drive components?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    662463 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401266 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254602 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229243 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59615 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4381 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853556 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761981 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM