Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017)

Go with Rosso if you can't get black. It's also your wife's choice, and she is the one telling you to buy the car kiss

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Porker:

Love the car, hate the matte black color options. Would go for Rosso Mars out of your options.

I've actually have seen that Russo Mars car and it is stunning.  I would still lean toward one of the more brazen colors especially since this car will be a weekend vehicle.

Nice RC 👍 And finally the R8 virus might be cone from RT

The farmer:

Nice RC 👍 And finally the R8 virus might be cone from RT

I guess there will be some new virus soon... Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Love the performante, spectacular car. I know you love black or dark colors, but why don't you try white...very clean look & easy to maintain 

black gold wheel 1.jpgblack gold wheel 4.jpg

OR

Black.jpg

Upsa:

Love the performante, spectacular car. I know you love black or dark colors, but why don't you try white...very clean look & easy to maintain 

Smiley Actually, I'm leaning towards white now since Nero Nemesis (oh I love this name Smiley) is an Ad Personam paint and costs  a whopping 11000 EUR. I know the manager of the dealership and he said he could get me Nero Nemesis (although Ad Personam items cannot be really ordered anymore, not even til the deadline on Nov 30th) but my sales guy said that if the paint needs repair (accident, whatever), it is a pain in the ass and he wouldn't do it.

So now I decided to go with the no cost option white after I evaluated all colors and the bright colors are out of the question because of...hold your breath...my neighborhood. I wish my neighbor already had his ordered 720S Spider because he ordered it in yellow but unfortunately it is coming 2020 or so, so no shiny color for me.

Plain black is a no go because you can barely notice the forged carbon parts outside the car.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

Smiley Actually, I'm leaning towards white now since Nero Nemesis (oh I love this name Smiley) is an Ad Personam paint and costs  a whopping 11000 EUR. I know the manager of the dealership and he said he could get me Nero Nemesis (although Ad Personam items cannot be really ordered anymore, not even til the deadline on Nov 30th) but my sales guy said that if the paint needs repair (accident, whatever), it is a pain in the ass and he wouldn't do it.

So now I decided to go with the no cost option white after I evaluated all colors and the bright colors are out of the question because of...hold your breath...my neighborhood. I wish my neighbor already had his ordered 720S Spider because he ordered it in yellow but unfortunately it is coming 2020 or so, so no shiny color for me.

Plain black is a no go because you can barely notice the forged carbon parts outside the car.

Are you buying this time or leasing it? Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

RC:
    Upsa:

That pretty much narrows it down to white in that case. How about NCO white and matte PPF?

I understand the colour/neighborhood situation, but for me that Rosso Mars is so elegant that it would fit fine in a non-flashy neighborhood. It's a far cry from the Ferrari red. White would fit the bill too off course, but I think a Lambo without a special colour is missed opportunity. 

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

You are kidding yourself if you think a white Performante is less flashy than a red one. These are not subtle cars in any colour smiley  I'd vote to go with red as it was your second choice after Nero Nemesis. As Crayphile said you could go for a satin finish clear wrap on a gloss black car to create the satin effect and it would be easier to maintain.

Porker:

Love the car, hate the matte black color options. Would go for Rosso Mars out of your options.

Yes, Rosso Mars is a very nice color but I talked to my wife again and to my kids and I decided to go for plain white. It is a very defensive but still good looking color and if I get bored of it, I can always use a wrap to change the color. It is a no cost option, so there is money left for a wrap if I decide to do it. Smiley

My daughter, she actually wanted Verde Mantis is completely opposed to Rosso Mars because she says this is a Ferrari color and doesn't fit the car well. I disagree, I love Rosso Mars and so does my wife but in the end, the car is parked in a semi-public garage, so Rosso Mars may not be the best choice. Also, I kind of a agree a little bit on the Ferrari analogy.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

the-missile:
    RC:

I think I am going to buy it but dealer offered me a special 48 months lease with a 120k initial payment and a guaranteed  buy back offer, which basically (few EUR difference) results in the same total amount as buying the car immediately. So not sure what to do because it is tempting because if I don't like the car after four years, I could return it without having to care about resale value.

Most interesting thing though: Insurance is much much cheaper than I anticipated. 2850 EUR per year, full coverage incl. "everything" (except first 1000 EUR of damage). I expected much more, my buddy pays 4700 EUR for his Spyder, first 10000(!) EUR of damage are not included. When my insurance agent said this requires an "individual risk assessment", I thought it would be something around 4000-5000 EUR. Good for me. Smiley

--

I guess I just got a bit jaded on white on a Lamborghini. When I had it on my Gallardo in 2006 it was fairly unique but then Lamborghini used it for the launch of the Gallardo LP560 and suddenly every car seemed to be ordered in it. It has been much less popular here on the Huracan though. I can see the arguement of red being a traditional Ferrari colour but that is a historical connection as red is no longer the default colour choice for the 488 it would seem.

Whatever colour you choose you can't really go wrong.

ISUK:

You are kidding yourself if you think a white Performante is less flashy than a red one. These are not subtle cars in any colour smiley  I'd vote to go with red as it was your second choice after Nero Nemesis. As Crayphile said you could go for a satin finish clear wrap on a gloss black car to create the satin effect and it would be easier to maintain.

Don't forget that I already have a Suzuka Grey R8 V10 Plus and people are already used to such a car.

Of course the Huracan Performante is a different beast but the color makes a huge difference in my opinion.

Three stupid questions (maybe someone can answer them because my dealer can't): 

1. Is Bianco Icarus the same color as Audi's Suzuka Grey? They look similar. 

2. How good or bad is the standard chassis for the Huracan Performante? I want to order the car with the standard chassis because it not only saves some substantial weight, it is also supposed to drive "sportier" with the standard suspension according to a guy I talked to. Can't really get a satisfactory answer from my dealer.

3. Does someone has experience with the standard radio and four speaker system? Should I go for the Sensonium system? I don't really listen to music when I drive these cars, I listen to the exhaust/engine sound.

Yes, I will get the lift, so don't worry.

Any ideas?

--

I'm pretty certain that Bianco Icarus is the standard non metallic bright gloss white. It was called Bianco Cerberus on my 2006 Gallardo Coupe and then became Bianco Monocerus on my 2007 spyder but the shade looked exactly the same when parked side by side. It is not close to Suzuka Grey.

I have the standard four speaker system in my LP610-4. It's ok but I never really listen to it in the car. Unless you intend to do long boring drives in the Performante I doubt you'll miss not going for the upgraded system.

ISUK:

I'm pretty certain that Bianco Icarus is the standard non metallic bright gloss white. It was called Bianco Cerberus on my 2006 Gallardo Coupe and then became Bianco Monocerus on my 2007 spyder but the shade looked exactly the same when parked side by side. It is not close to Suzuka Grey.

I have the standard four speaker system in my LP610-4. It's ok but I never really listen to it in the car. Unless you intend to do long boring drives in the Performante I doubt you'll miss not going for the upgraded system.

Thank you. Smiley 

I think that Bianco Icarus is a slightly "grayish" white, this is why I asked. The non metallic bright gloss white is Bianco Monocerus, this is what I am planning to get for my Performante Coupe.

I actually listen to music in my R8 with that fantastic B&O sound system but not very often. So I guess I won't miss the Sensonum sound system. 

--

RC:
    the-missile:
    RC:

I think I am going to buy it but dealer offered me a special 48 months lease with a 120k initial payment and a guaranteed  buy back offer, which basically (few EUR difference) results in the same total amount as buying the car immediately. So not sure what to do because it is tempting because if I don't like the car after four years, I could return it without having to care about resale value.

Most interesting thing though: Insurance is much much cheaper than I anticipated. 2850 EUR per year, full coverage incl. "everything" (except first 1000 EUR of damage). I expected much more, my buddy pays 4700 EUR for his Spyder, first 10000(!) EUR of damage are not included. When my insurance agent said this requires an "individual risk assessment", I thought it would be something around 4000-5000 EUR. Good for me. Smiley

good lord, we have a new RC on board...Smiley speaking to go outside of Audi comfort zone and even talking about purchase Smiley

I would buy one, next gen is hybrid crap. particulate filter will mute all cars. this car will remain in history of the best entry level in lambo fleet. I don't like 4WD cars otherwise I would look first at this beauty. supercar territory.Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

RC:

Thank you. Smiley 

I think that Bianco Icarus is a slightly "grayish" white, this is why I asked. The non metallic bright gloss white is Bianco Monocerus, this is what I am planning to get for my Performante Coupe.

I actually listen to music in my R8 with that fantastic B&O sound system but not very often. So I guess I won't miss the Sensonum sound system. 

My apologies. I haven't been in to my Lamborghini dealer for nearly 3 years now. I get them to collect my car by truck for it's annual service as it far less costly than going to the showroom and being tempted to change into a new car Smiley

Bianco Icarus is indeed a white metallic and not a flat gloss colour. It's hard to tell from photo's online if it has a grey tint to it. Your dealer should be able to show you a paint sample.

there was a "Balloon White" several years back..... pearl tone to it

looked very nice in direct sunlight... best of luckSmiley

1. Is Bianco Icarus the same color as Audi's Suzuka Grey? They look similar. 

2. How good or bad is the standard chassis for the Huracan Performante? I want to order the car with the standard chassis because it not only saves some substantial weight, it is also supposed to drive "sportier" with the standard suspension according to a guy I talked to. Can't really get a satisfactory answer from my dealer.

3. Does someone has experience with the standard radio and four speaker system? Should I go for the Sensonium system? I don't really listen to music when I drive these cars, I listen to the exhaust/engine sound.

1. No as discussed in this thread. Yes Icarus has a slight grey. Yes go for Moncerus.

2. Standard chassis is just fine

3. Both systems are poor (Base and Sensorium).

Rosso Mars is really warm, it's far from Ferrari Red, I'd consider it if I were you, certainly above white... You're not configuring a fridge!

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Balloon white is only available through the Ad Personam programme I believe. Here it is on a Performante coupe.

Performante Balloon White 4.JPG

1543431652418Performante Balloon White 3.JPG

Performante Balloon White 2.JPG

Thank you......very nice in person!

Porker:

Rosso Mars is really warm, it's far from Ferrari Red, I'd consider it if I were you, certainly above white... You're not configuring a fridge!

I agree and yes, the white makes the car look a bit "cold" but I have no choice. Red is just too flashy, I discussed this with the family and some good friends.

Look where my car will be parked...

FC0E7890-E686-4C70-A8B1-FA8094E33F62.jpeg

--

Really looking forward to reading your buying experience - you've clearly hankered after one for a long time - I hope it fulfils your expectations. 

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

You can 'wrap' a white car whenever you like....

Upsa:

You can 'wrap' a white car whenever you like....

That was exactly my thought as well... Smiley

Or I put stripes on it... Smiley Smiley

--

bridggar:

Really looking forward to reading your buying experience - you've clearly hankered after one for a long time - I hope it fulfils your expectations. 

Actually, the decision fell just recently, especially after I realized that the R8 facelift is not what I expected. Smiley Those humongous exhaust pipes (a la RS3 or TT RS) are not my thing, sorry. They just look weird on such a car. The whole car looks now closer to the TT RS than before, not my thing. 

Also, my decision has been accelerated by the fact that Nov. 30th is the last day to order a specifically optioned car with Lamborghini, actually...Lamborghini just called my dealer to tell him that they need the order today PRONTO. My order has been already submitted, no changes possible.

--

congrats then

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762188 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435217 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260449 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257505 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80921 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872094 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807487 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM