Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

997 A/C circuit question

I didn't notice, so I ask does the new 911 have a two zone A/C circuit, or it is the same as the Boxster and the 996?

what I mean is this:

The thing I always liked about my BMWs is they allow you to warm your feet and at the same time cool your face. I find this very useful comfortable on tiring drives.

Sure, you can open the window and cool the side of your head, and ruin the silence, but it's not a "luxury" way of doing things

Re: 997 A/C circuit question

Quote:
    MaxErnst said:
    I didn't notice, so I ask does the new 911 have a two zone A/C circuit, or it is the same as the Boxster and the 996?

The thing I always liked about my BMWs is they allow you to warm your feet and at the same time cool your face. I find this very useful comfortable on tiring drives.

Sure, you can open the window and cool the side of your head, and ruin the silence, but it's not a "luxury" way of doing things

Well MaxErnst, the 996, Boxster and 997 do allow you cool your face (by opening only the AC face vent), while not cooling your feet (by closing the foot vent).
    I always found this to be satisfactory on the 911s and Boxsters I have driven, but I somehow suspect it is not going to be good enough for you!

Quote:
    MaxErnst said:

I thought a two zone system was that both the driver and passenger could set their own temperature.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    MaxErnst said:

Well MaxErnst, the 996, Boxster and 997 do allow you cool your face (by opening only the AC face vent), while not cooling your feet (by closing the foot vent).
    I always found this to be satisfactory on the 911s and Boxsters I have driven, but I somehow suspect it is not going to be good enough for you!

Sadly, it isn't good enough, but will have to suffice. It's another sacrifice required to be beautiful in a 911.

franckly max i am trying to understand you ,but i cant..in another post ,you wanted a 997 with no luxury ,and a better classic sportscar interior , and now you are complaining about a super advanced luxury option: 26deg.on the neck,27.5 on the chest ,28.75deg on the feets etc.. is there is anything you like about this car?you are eternally unsatisfied..dont do this to yourself,you are going to buy a car that has nothing you like..why dont you try the new m5?its awesome! and by the way a two zone ac system is supposed to give you separate temp. setting for driver and passenger and not a different temp.for each square mm inside the car..

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    franckly max i am trying to understand you ,but i cant..in another post ,you wanted a 997 with no luxury ,and a better classic sportscar interior , and now you are complaining about a super advanced luxury option: 26deg.on the neck,27.5 on the chest ,28.75deg on the feets etc.. is there is anything you like about this car?you are eternally unsatisfied..dont do this to yourself,you are going to buy a car that has nothing you like..why dont you try the new m5?its awesome! and by the way a two zone ac system is supposed to give you separate temp. setting for driver and passenger and not a different temp.for each square mm inside the car..

I never said I did _not_ want luxury. I definitely want creature comforts if that's what you mean by luxury.

Whatever my BMWs have had, that two zone, or bi-level, or adjust anyway you want, or whatever you want to call it is what I have grown accustomed to.

Your feet and legs stay warm yet you are able to add cooler air to the upper part of your body.

For long distance driving, (I.e. GT drving), you figure the extremities are gonna have different comfort levels than the torso.

There's nothing "excellent" about having to crack your side window open to get some cool air at 85MPH.

BMW figured this out. Porsche ignores it.

Quote:
    MaxErnst said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

I never said I did _not_ want luxury. I definitely want creature comforts if that's what you mean by luxury.

Whatever my BMWs have had, that two zone, or bi-level, or adjust anyway you want, or whatever you want to call it is what I have grown accustomed to.

Your feet and legs stay warm yet you are able to add cooler air to the upper part of your body.

For long distance driving, (I.e. GT drving), you figure the extremities are gonna have different comfort levels than the torso.

There's nothing "excellent" about having to crack your side window open to get some cool air at 85MPH.

BMW figured this out. Porsche ignores it.

until now ,the only ignorant is you max ,before saying something over the internet that a lot o people will see , get some knowledge ,dont talk about a system when you dont even know its name...dont get me wrong,we love to see your 6years old boy posts and threads...

Quote:
    dhayek said:

until now ,the only ignorant is you max ,before saying something over the internet that a lot o people will see , get some knowledge ,dont talk about a system when you dont even know its name...dont get me wrong,we love to see your 6years old boy posts and threads...

Personal attack: nice strategy. Works for you?

Quote:
    dhayek said:

Sincerely, your reply is not precisely the best example of maturity, dhayek. I noticed for a while you don't take too kindly any criticism whatsoever to the 997, and Max may be a bit overly repetitive but he has not disrespected anyone. Lets not get carried away, relax

ok ok i'm sorry max ,carlos is right ,you never disrespected anyone ,lets try this one more time:have you figured out about your "separate temp per square mm" system?i had 2 years ago a e46 m3 with the latest climate control ,there was no such system ,so any idea of the name of this great invention?

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

Sincerely, your reply is not precisely the best example of maturity, dhayek. I noticed for a while you don't take too kindly any criticism whatsoever to the 997, and Max may be a bit overly repetitive but he has not disrespected anyone. Lets not get carried away, relax

like i said on the post before,you are right that max did not disrespect anyone ,but i am not at all against any critisicm ,but i am against "criticising just for criticising" nberry and max style ,making a lot for nothing like the spare tyre issue.like everybody there are things i dont like about the 997 ,but if i want to talk about it ,i will do it but with a minimum of knowledge,without giving an extra dimension to the issue and make my best to make the car a bad car at all cost.
    by the way the pic is very nice

As a side note on the A/C issue, I personally can't stand the BMW's system because when I want a certain temperature in the car, I have to not only set the temp on the A/C-heating (that part is easy since its digital) but you also have remember to set the independant face vents as well and on top of it they are just an colored wheel so you some times have to play with it to get the right temp to match the A/C-heating. Its a pain in the a$$ IMO and I'm glad Porsche doesn't use it.

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    i had 2 years ago a e46 m3 with the latest climate control ,there was no such system ,so any idea of the name of this great invention?

Every BMW I have had over 20 years has had it. You set your AC temp at your feet and then you can dial in cooler air conditioned air at the center dash board vents, as cool as you want it or as hot as your feet.

Call it what you want, for most people it is really not an issue what it is called.

The point of having it is so you don't have to open the window at high speed, or in the rain and get noise and stinking air.

We get the point Max, why don't you just put thicker socks when you drive and be done with it?

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    on top of it they [have] just an colored wheel so you some times have to play with it to get the right temp to match the A/C-heating. Its a pain in the a$$ IMO and I'm glad Porsche doesn't use it.

It's simple no? just keep the wheel where you usually leave it. The upper level is always set cooler in my car. I hardly ever touch it, except maybe after a cop has been following me I have to put it cooler.

The reason for the A/C & heating in the car is to be able to change the inside temp, if keep the wheel where I usually leave it or last left it, it will always pump the same temp air wether its cold or hot outside. If its cold ouside I want hot air inside and viceversa to achieve a confortable inside temp, so you I always have to change the darn wheel. And what makes it even more bothersome is that the AC-heating has a convenient temp thermostat (climate control) nowadays so you can set the indoor temp at your usual confortable temp (20*C for example) and leave it there so no matter the temp outisde it will keep the adecuate temp inside, but that is ruined by those independant face vents that pump out air at an independant temp of the thermostat set temp and are controlled by an archaich wheel that you have to play with until it matches the temp you want. So what to you is a convenience, to me is a pain in the butt.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762125 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435194 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260432 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257491 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80917 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872058 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807442 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM