Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: A45 AMG?

TB993tt:

I think whilst the missile may be being relatively aggressive in his taunts I would think that the vast majority on here would be agreeing with most of what he says, of course it doesn't matter to you but it is an interesting thread.

Is there any way we can do polls on this forum, I'd love to do one on this subject ?

Sorry, no polls. We tried external poll services but some refuse to go there, others do, so the poll results are not accurate (are they anyway?).

Like I said before, different cultures, different mentalities, different situations and so on, it is very difficult to generalize.

When you have wonderful kids, you pamper and take care of them. I have comparisons with other kids from friends, relatives and acquittances, also customers, so I think we did pretty well so far. We are very tight as a family, also due to cultural and mentality differences (remember, I'm not a native German), so I'm not your typical German, even if I know enough German families who actually spoil their kids but most don't, on the contrary. I get that but we have a different mentality.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:

You clearly have no clue about the baccalaureate in Bavaria... Smiley Again, bigger companies look at the grades when they have lots of candidates with similar qualifications applying for same job. This is a reality here, not sure about other countries though.

NASA will need a bit more than baccalaureat including all respectable companies offering high level job. Master is a minimum to start talking about education if you want to play it that way and get a job with proper qualifications. Smiley

I got that but still remains unnecessary luxury for a kid if you want to understand my point. affording it is not even in the equation. it is about the image you send by doing this; for the kid, for his/her friends, the rest fo the people in the street, the future and what hard earned money can bring you. life is unfortunately not that simple.

RR Evoque is luxury for you? May I ask again what job you have and what car you drive? Smiley

not for me, for a kid. please read.

Again, this is a cheap (for us) lease. I only explained and justified because you had problems understanding. Smiley

Cheap for you but if she has to pay for it tomorrow? is it still cheap? what value this thing will teach her? see another aspect than just ''I can afford and I will look good in front of friends.''

Her friends usually have more (brands) stuff than her and their parents can actually afford less. Smiley You clearly have no clue how things work here.

No clue, I am learning Smiley but that still doesnt answer the question I asked.

I don't know where you live,

Dubai, and in Middle East since more than 10y.

where you went to school

one of the most prestigious one in my country. finished 3 out of 306. Smiley

and what neighborhood you were

all levels of income, different moment and different places.

while there is a lot of envy here, people aren't poor and most middle class people have nice things. A 20000 EUR watch is something special, even a R8

you are going too far.... R8 is not special Smiley

is special but a RR Evoque?

for a kid, hell yes.

Most cars the kids drive here in my neighborhood are worth 25-60k EUR,

very rich kids then, surely a fraction of the real world can afford that in real life.

our direct neighbor leased two Mini Cooper for his daughters,

mini starts at 17000e.

the son of my wife's best friend drives a VW Tiguan

tiguan starts at 25...

I see a second bluelines on the rise, you're sure you're French and not Swedish? Smiley Smiley

sure 100%, French. Bluelines is a nice guy, I am happy with that. Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

I vote if there was a poll.

Because Christians girl drive a better daily than throts shit box. Grossly out of order. indecision..

But really,,, all cars under that 50k blanket are all the same in my book. I drove a Kia Sportage and a Macan. Macan 3 times more in sticker price,,, was it worth it,,, no way. Oops - Sorry, going off topic.indecision..

Back on topic,,, it’s Christians dosh so what is the problem here. He can clearly judge if this decision will maybe cause issues later in life,. It’s just a dam car, guys..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

the-missile:
    RC:

You clearly have no clue about the baccalaureate in Bavaria... Smiley Again, bigger companies look at the grades when they have lots of candidates with similar qualifications applying for same job. This is a reality here, not sure about other countries though.

NASA will need a bit more than baccalaureat including all respectable companies offering high level job. Master is a minimum to start talking about education if you want to play it that way and get a job with proper qualifications. Smiley

Dude, I am 53 and aren't exactly poor or stupid (medicine and pharmacy studies), it is funny how you try to give me hints... Smiley

I got that but still remains unnecessary luxury for a kid if you want to understand my point. affording it is not even in the equation. it is about the image you send by doing this; for the kid, for his/her friends, the rest fo the people in the street, the future and what hard earned money can bring you. life is unfortunately not that simple.

RR Evoque is luxury for you? May I ask again what job you have and what car you drive? Smiley

It is not her car...please read. Smiley

Again, this is a cheap (for us) lease. I only explained and justified because you had problems understanding. Smiley

Cheap for you but if she has to pay for it tomorrow? is it still cheap? what value this thing will teach her? see another aspect than just ''I can afford and I will look good in front of friends.''

Her friends usually have more (brands) stuff than her and their parents can actually afford less. Smiley You clearly have no clue how things work here.

No clue, I am learning Smiley but that still doesnt answer the question I asked.

You need to learn to understand, not my problem, yours. Smiley

I don't know where you live,

Dubai, and in Middle East since more than 10y.

So what you do in Dubai, clean shoes? I know a couple of kids there who own their own RR...as in Rolls Royce...not Range Rover. Smiley

where you went to school

Congratulations. By French standards certainly an achievement. Smiley

and what neighborhood you were

all levels of income, different moment and different places.

So you should actually know...

while there is a lot of envy here, people aren't poor and most middle class people have nice things. A 20000 EUR watch is something special, even a R8

In my neighborhood it is... Not everyone can afford a 225k EUR car, not even the lease. Smiley

for a kid, hell yes.

Not hers.

Most cars the kids drive here in my neighborhood are worth 25-60k EUR,

very rich kids then, surely a fraction of the real world can afford that in real life.

Not rich at all, middle to upper middle class. Smiley

our direct neighbor leased two Mini Cooper for his daughters,

mini starts at 17000e.

They cost around 30k each, fully loaded but leases are cheap... (250 each I think).

the son of my wife's best friend drives a VW Tiguan

tiguan starts at 25...

Evoque starts at 31, where's your point? Smiley

I see a second bluelines on the rise, you're sure you're French and not Swedish? Smiley Smiley

Nice isn't enough in life. Smiley My neighbor's cat is nice too... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

My son will start driving from April 2019 - so we have also to decide what car will be right for him.

The family-plan was to buy a used Golf, Mini or Clio for about 4K€ to 8K€ for his first driving-years...

The inusarance for this kind of car (registered on me, but he could drive it) would be around 1.100 EUR per year in Germany.

I have now a BMW- leasing offer on my table for a brand new Mini (basic) for 36 month, INCLUDING full cover-insurance and service cost for 110 EUR per month. (36 months/10.000Km per year, no additional payment)

Even, if I or him smiley have to pay after 36 months for some damages on the leasing car, this offer for a brand new and safer car with full warranty over the 3 years is hard to refuse...

Blueflame

blueflame:

My son will start driving from April 2019 - so we have also to decide what car will be right for him.

The family-plan was to buy a used Golf, Mini or Clio for about 4K€ to 8K€ for his first driving-years...

The inusarance for this kind of car (registered on me, but he could drive it) would be around 1.100 EUR per year in Germany.

I have now a BMW- leasing offer on my table for a brand new Mini (basic) for 36 month, INCLUDING full cover-insurance and service cost for 110 EUR per month. (36 months/10.000Km per year, no additional payment)

Even, if I or him smiley have to pay after 36 months for some damages on the leasing car, this offer for a brand new and safer car with full warranty over the 3 years is hard to refuse...

Blueflame

Smiley Yes, BMW leasing has now a special full coverage insurance for 35 EUR per month, even for beginners, great offer. We wanted to go the Mini route as well (Countryman though) but it was 235 EUR incl. insurance, too much for such a car. The smaller Cooper wasn't OK for us since we wanted automatic transmission (wife and possibly daughter too). A fully optioned Mini with auto would have been close to 200 EUR (with insurance) as well.

I don't really understand why people buy old and crappy cars for 8-10k EUR when there are super cheap lease offers available. Smiley OK, if someone wants to send a message to his kid, be my guest but maybe a car (safety/reliability) isn't always the right thing to do that. There are other ways.

Good luck for your sun...also don't forget to let him do an ADAC safety training after he gets his license. Pretty good "wake up" call for beginners. Smiley 

--

Dude, I am 53 and aren't exactly poor or stupid (medicine and pharmacy studies), it is funny how you try to give me hints... Smiley

I don’t give hints or trying to, I am not SuperBond Smiley. I am responding to a job at NASA and the power of baccalaureat...for it  which is funny to say the least.

You changed your mind then. First post about it is: “this is the car for my daughter” Smiley and my argument started because of that.

So what you do in Dubai, clean shoes?

I have to clean everything not only the shoes.Smiley

where you went to school

Got it a medal 🏅 but no Evoque 

In my neighborhood it is... Not everyone can afford a 225k EUR car, not even the lease. Smiley

An Audi remains an Audi even at 1 Million. The price doesn’t make thing special. 

for a kid, hell yes

Not hers.

this is again in contradiction with your first post about it. 

Nice and French, you can’t compete. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

giphy.gif

My youngest daughter just turned 24. She has been through three three years lease already. A Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Sonata, and VW Tiguan. All were around $220 per month with little down.  She is in Grad school so I offered her another similar new car lease for another three years.  She decided that she would prefer to get a cheap used car and own it so that in a couple years of payments she will own it. She is looking at a $6k used Honda Civic or similar.  She realizes that once she is on her own she will not be able to afford these leases even if cheap because she will be earning her own money. That is one smart girl. So proud of her. And saving me money. 

From the sound of it RC has a daughter at least as smart and well behaved. She will make good choices as well like her dad but I get needing her to have a new and safe car until then. Cheers RC!

the-missile:

I don’t give hints or trying to, I am not SuperBond Smiley. I am responding to a job at NASA and the power of baccalaureat...for it  which is funny to say the least.

You changed your mind then. First post about it is: “this is the car for my daughter” Smiley and my argument started because of that.

Nothing has changed. It is a car for my daughter but this doesn't mean we got it only for her. Smiley

So what you do in Dubai, clean shoes?

I have to clean everything not only the shoes.Smiley

One of my best friends is in the cleaning businesses as well, largest cleaning company in Germany, good money. Smiley

where you went to school

Got it a medal 🏅 but no Evoque 

Smiley

An Audi remains an Audi even at 1 Million. The price doesn’t make thing special. 

I certainly didn't get it because of the money...oh wait, I did. I saved a ton of money not getting a Huracan. Smiley

for a kid, hell yes

Not hers.

this is again in contradiction with your first post about it. 

Not at all, reading helps. Smiley

French men are overrated, French woman prefer German men now. Smiley Btw: I am no German (only by passport), so don't even get me started. Smiley

--

That’s because Germans are more hairier.

Your not German, Christian. Now that explains your issue with your chest, buddy indecision..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:

That’s because Germans are more hairier.

I know two couples and another two customers who are married to French (French woman to German men). Seems to be a thing now... Smiley Smiley

Your not German, Christian. Now that explains your issue with your chest, buddy indecision..

Smiley I think that photo was a bit misleading, I have some chest hair but it is a bit blonde and it didn't really show well in that photo because of the ambient lighting. SmileySmiley

Don't get me wrong: I have a German passport, I live in Germany since my childhood and I worked for the German Foreign Affairs (because of my background) but I'm not born here, long long story but not suitable for a public forum.

Let me put it this way: Porker and Co. would have a blast if they knew. Smiley 

--

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:

You are in love with me... Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    Porker:

Come on, guys. Exchange PM’s, kiss, cuddle ( big butch man hugs ) and make up...Smiley...

Could lead to a long term relationship and picnic meetings at the ring. Just try Smiley Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

RC:
    Porker:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

RC:

French men are overrated, French woman prefer German men now. Smiley Btw: I am no German (only by passport), so don't even get me started. Smiley

I can hear the frustration to be different here...Smiley

where were you born? just a country name. no need to go in details. Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    RC:

I share a lot of things but only what I want to share...this is a public forum after all. Smiley

Btw: Your birthday is on an interesting day. Smiley Smiley Sorry that you had to leave S. but hey, I bet you have a better life now. How's your dog? You still like to play poker?! 

Cheers. 

--

the-missile:
    RC:
    Porker:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy Smiley

I haven't told 1% of what I did in life... Smiley

--

RC:
    the-missile:
    RC:

I share a lot of things but only what I want to share...this is a public forum after all. Smiley

Btw: Your birthday is on an interesting day. Smiley Smiley Sorry that you had to leave S.

I didn’t have to leave anybody or any place but what is your point? You got my name on your database and trying to trace my life Smiley

but hey, I bet you have a better life now

my life was always good. Again what is the point? You put Dubai and my family name and think you can find me Smiley that is not very James Bond...

. How's your dog?

No dog...sorry bud. You probably have the wrong name and his life Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

I am curious, like you. Nothing more. Relax. Smiley You have an interesting job, kudos to you. Sorry about that cleaning stuff. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:

I am curious, like you. Nothing more. Relax. Smiley You have an interesting job, kudos to you. Sorry about that cleaning stuff. Smiley Smiley

If you want to know, just ask coolcurious is one thing, impolite and trying to expose wrong info for pretending you have that access in regards to my life is not necessary. kiss

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    RC:

If you want to know, just ask coolcurious is one thing, impolite and trying to expose wrong info for pretending you have that access in regards to my life is not necessary. kiss

I didn't expose anything... The dog part was a joke and if you think I pretend, good for you. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    the-missile:
    RC:

Btw: Your birthday is on an interesting day. Smiley Smiley Sorry that you had to leave S. but hey, I bet you have a better life now. How's your dog? You still like to play poker?! 

Cheers. 

RC I think that was a little excessive. Just as you value your privacy others value theirs as well, I don't think it's ok to expose info about someone else just for the sake of an argument. Smiley 

RC is just trying to flex his muscles a bit, as the-missile got under his skin (he’s shown his weakness). He told us that he’s 007. I think he is the equivalent of “Johnny English” but not as funny   

Anyways, I think the guys here should take it easy on him, he getting old maybe. 

Buy a used Volvo for little money and she will be fine :)

So Rennteam administrators can look up personal user info and use it in public threads? 

Very professional, should attract many new members kiss

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

spudgun:

So Rennteam administrators can look up personal user info and use it in public threads? 

--

We've been there before! Smiley

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

spudgun:

--

Did I post any personal info? Where? Even Sheldon Cooper wouldn't be able to derive anything from what I posted.

Only the person addressed actually "understands" the hints and this isn't about flexing muscles or whatever but about security (I like to know who I am dealing with, this is a forum with many wealthy car lovers after all). Pretenders will be deleted, we had them before. Porker and the missile guy checked out, so everything is fine. If someone of you can actually identify a user just by the bits of ranting I posted...congratulations, you should apply as an analyst for an intelligence service because you're a genius. 😜

I would never post personal information, no matter how "friendly" a user is. Unlike other people here, I'm an adult and don't take everything I read seriously, especially since I only know a dozen of people here personally and it would be pretty dumb to believe or not believe everything said here. I accept annoyances, I accept impertinence since many don't know each others personally, only personal insults would be a different story but as an administrator, I have to make sure that the users are "real". 

I never posted names of users (often, I don't even use first names to address certain users but many of you do that), I never posted locations, I never posted job or company descriptions, birthdays or whatever.

It is kind of funny: Porker posts a photo of his car with license plates but when I mentioned the first(!) name of someone working with him, he got all worked up.

I get the feeling that this is not about anything I posted but my person. I get it, I do not like everyone on this forum either but this is how "anonymous" internet forums work, some people seem to be nice, others not so much. Get over it, guys and welcome to the 21st century and social media.

What really makes me mad sometimes is that some of you kind of accuse me of lying. This is when I react accordingly. I am at Rennteam for more than 17(!) years now, I helped create it. Some people here met me personally, some are Facebook friends (and I really keep this circle VERY limited), so if I'd be lying, it would come out eventually.

That said, I get it..."anonymous" internet forum and all but since many of you are highly intelligent, just try to understand that there are some people on this planet who had an interesting life and I am one of them. Don't like it? Not my fault.

--

Enmanuel:
    RC:
    the-missile:
    RC:

Cheers. 

RC I think that was a little excessive. Just as you value your privacy others value theirs as well, I don't think it's ok to expose info about someone else just for the sake of an argument. Smiley 

So who is he? Send me a PM. 😜

😉

The (funny) banter between French and Germans is nothing new and nothing special but HE started it (just re-read his posts), so...

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    774119 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    439919 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261860 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260146 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84732 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5442 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879055 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    813776 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM