Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis)

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

I´m suprised!!!

Never tought you were in to Martial Arts!!!!

I am not. This was first part of my training in a job and then it became a passion but mostly for fitness purposes. Believe it or not but I cannot really remember a single situation where I had a serious fight for my life, at least not with fists. Smiley

Again, off topic...Sorry. Blame the R8 (Again the R8) and the E63

I´m also a martial art fan and practitioner (Kick Boxing and jiu Jitsu) but no for 30 Years... Just 10.

My son does Judo and Kickboxing but the first couple of months were very difficult for him, he hated it. The Judo group started in school btw., interesting, right?!

One of the best things when a person is practicing a Martial Arts is....stance.

You know what i´m talking about....You walk different, you´re stance is diferrent....People """"""""""kinda bow to you"""""""""

Yeah, there are some very agressive schools (and very agressive security guards).....

Usually a guy that does Martial Arts rarely gets in Trouble!!!

Mostly because people who are serious about martial arts learned how to AVOID dangerous situations. Smiley This is the advantage of actually recognizing such situations, training does wonders.

You also learn to respect and your senses just go Berzerk and you learn to antecipate bad situations!!!!!

Exactly. So you can walk away from them. Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

I´m suprised!!!

This was first part of my training in a job and then it became a passion but mostly for fitness purposes.

Which job? James Bond?

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

SmileyPersonally I enjoy hearing about peoples background on this forum. RC is a bad ass dude. I admire his restraint as well as his healthy ego and can easily imagine what it is was like for him growing up since we are the same age. Growing up just outside Vienna during the height of the Cold War with an American mom there was plenty of fascinating stuff taking place. The real world back then would have been a harsh place for RC. You either survive and thrive or you don’t.  So it’s not bragging if you can back it up.  

Anyway. I went by the Benz dealer and was struck by the difference in materials between the model classes. It’s like they go out of their way to cheapen the c class. Switches and knobs etc are play school quality. Like cheap toys. There can’t be that much savings in switches between the classes?  These are Mercedes so why cut such corners. I guess I see that when I look at the 991 interior as well. 

In the end I decided I hate cars shopping so I bought out my Azera lease and keeping it as my horrible weather car. I would do a write up on it if anyone is interested.  The salespersons I met these last couple of weeks all remind me of the guy in the movie Fargo. 

bluelines:
    RC:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

I´m suprised!!!

This was first part of my training in a job and then it became a passion but mostly for fitness purposes.

Which job? James Bond?

Compared to your job...yes. 🤗

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Yep, I am a cold war "product", no doubt... 😉 Bad ass? Not really since I was in the position to get expelled in a worst case scenario, not arrested, if you get my point. Very comfortable position compared to the real bad asses out there at that time. 

--

In 1979, while mandatory serving in Poland, was deployed to Legnica(Leignitz) as an MP.

Unfortunately, there was a RA Spetznatz unit based there too and they loved to party and my 3 person patrol was sent to a bar once to quiet these guys down.

There were 4 of them, 2 of us ended up in a hospital, 2 of them also, other 2 bailed out and the remaining member of our patrol was left standing.

That guy was the baddest guy I have ever met, with 6’4” and 225 lbs I was tiny compared to him, he was just untouchable, basically could pick me up with ease and throw at a wall....Smiley

RC:
    bluelines:

Which job? James Bond?

Since I am a 100% houseman taking care of the kids, most jobs are like James Bond compared to mine Smiley

--

bluelines:
    RC:
    bluelines:

Which job? James Bond?

Since I am a 100% houseman taking care of the kids, most jobs are like James Bond compared to mine Smiley

Do you wear a nice little black maid mini dress Smiley..Rennteams ”Man Bitch’’ Smiley...Smiley  Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

absent:

In 1979, while mandatory serving in Poland, was deployed to Legnica(Leignitz) as an MP.

Unfortunately, there was a RA Spetznatz unit based there too and they loved to party and my 3 person patrol was sent to a bar once to quiet these guys down.

There were 4 of them, 2 of us ended up in a hospital, 2 of them also, other 2 bailed out and the remaining member of our patrol was left standing.

That guy was the baddest guy I have ever met, with 6’4” and 225 lbs I was tiny compared to him, he was just untouchable, basically could pick me up with ease and throw at a wall....Smiley

So you have met RC?

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:
    absent:

So you have met RC?

Smiley Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

RC really is Rennteams ‘’EQUALISER’’. blush...

Before he kicks ass he sets his watch indecision...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Porker:
    absent:

So you have met RC?

Smiley

--

Not very likely...there was no Russian military stationed where I worked. 

I think I mentioned before that I worked as a diplomat for 7 years, not SF. 😜 Had a good friend who made it 18D though, still in contact but he is retired now.

Trained with US Marines at the Marine House though, the security detachment for the US embassy. I'm still in contact with the gunny and two others, fine people...if they like you. 😉

Sorry to disappoint you guys, I was no James Bond, just did my work, mostly gathering information, talking to locals, making contacts to other diplomats at the diplomatic club, taking care of German students there, some cultural affairs and similar stuff. Since it was the cold war period, we were of course trained for certain situations and we had to "keep our eyes open" but it was fun, learned a lot about different nations, cultures and people and also about stuff you don't really want to know about. Had some hard times there too as well since I was there in a pretty "agitated" period of time but made lots of interesting friends and learned that a lot of cliches about diplomats and their servic are actually true. 

I could tell you guys stories...incl. a very delicate (and funny) love affair, even involving a Porsche 911 (not me...the love affair).

--

"I really love this song"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgpStcE_DKU

Woshhhh

--

This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

For kids in threatening bullying type of environments, you might want to check out small circle jujitsu for them. Commonly used by prison guards to control physically  aggressive prisoners without permanently injuring them. Basically it's advanced joint locks, finger locks, pressure points, throws, control moves etc..No throat punches, nose side slams or damaging of internals. It's not like your kids need to only have sentry removal techniques in their tool box.indecision

JimFlat6:

For kids in threatening bullying type of environments, you might want to check out small circle jujitsu for them. Commonly used by prison guards to control physically  aggressive prisoners without permanently injuring them. Basically it's advanced joint locks, finger locks, pressure points, throws, control moves etc..No throat punches, nose side slams or damaging of internals. It's not like your kids need to only have sentry removal techniques in their tool box.indecision

My kids never had issues with bullying but some hurtful comments can do the trick as well... Smiley

Both my kids do martial arts but not to be able to respond to bullying or whatever but to defend themselves in the case of an emergency. Also, it teaches them discipline and restraint. Both good things in real life.

--

My C63 S AMG Convertible enters production on Nov. 26th, just got the confirmation from Mercedes AMG.

With some luck, the car could be here at my home in the middle of December. If not, I am going to pick it up at the dealer in January.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

My C63 S AMG Convertible enters production on Nov. 26th, just got the confirmation from Mercedes AMG.

With some luck, the car could be here at my home in the middle of December. If not, I am going to pick it up at the dealer in January.

OK, my C63 S AMG Convertible has already entered production (earlier than expected). So with some luck, the car could be ready end of next week.

Only problem now: Mercedes seems to have issues with transportation to dealerships (maybe because of the low water levels and fuel cuts in effect in some regions?). So if I'm unlucky, I have to fly to Bremen to pick up the car there if I want it before Christmas. Not sure what I am going to do... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

i guess you are going to Bremen....

996FourEss:

i guess you are going to Bremen....

Smiley Smiley Not sure I have the time to do that, this would cost me a whole day and one evening... Smiley

--

Congrats!  I was so close to buy the E63S estate but got the Cayenne Turbo instead.    After seeing yours, I kinda want to change it to E63S!   Lets meet up this summer again at the gas station ;) 

--

www.youtube.com/watch

william:

Congrats!  I was so close to buy the E63S estate but got the Cayenne Turbo instead.    After seeing yours, I kinda want to change it to E63S!   Lets meet up this summer again at the gas station ;) 

Hi William, so nice to hear from you again. Smiley

No problem, just tell Christian to set up a meet...this time I'm going to come in a E63 S...or my new Lamborghini Huracan Performante. Smiley

You can also visit me at home for a coffee if you want to, my home is not far away from that gas station. Smiley Smiley

--

C1023898-B52B-4D0B-8D73-7515C5195814.jpeg

Our C63 S Converible (facelift) has finally arrived at the dealer but no time right now to pick it up, maybe early January...

1F330C82-6AD9-428B-AA41-395FB912117C.jpeg
    6CFDFEC4-243F-43C4-BEC4-57759767A47F.png

--

This car looks gorgeous, congrats!

Has a brooding (as in 'seriously thoughtful') air over it in the second picture. Nice. 

Have to say......very nice !

Enjoy in good health 

I have to admit, the new C63 looks better then any of the previous editions.

Very, very attractive and desirable car.

Thank you, guys. blush Here are some more (daytime pics), will (very likely) pick it up on January 5th.

Car looks a bit high because it still has those suspension "thingies" attached.

Wheels are winter wheels (summer wheels have different rims, black...) but tire size is huge, 285s in the back. Pirelli Sottozero M0, let's just hope they are good (the Michelin PA4 winter tires on my E63 S are just short of amazing in the wet, incredible grip and quite good on snow as well). Had Sottozero 3 on my Huracan Performante test-car, amazing (performance) winter tires, very good on wet pavement.

IMG_5833.jpg
    IMG_5840.jpg
    IMG_5841.jpg
    IMG_5842.jpg
    IMG_5843.jpg
    Red/black interior...

IMG_5818.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg
    IMG_5831.jpg

A bit of a "hint" of the roof color...  

--

Many congrats btw. Really a nice combo. Red on White fits perfectly for a woman. I’m sure your wife is more than happy.👍😉

--

Conny997:

Many congrats btw. Really a nice combo. Red on White fits perfectly for a woman. I’m sure your wife is more than happy.👍😉

This will be RC's car, his wife gets a Performante. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661613 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401038 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254575 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229072 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59432 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4375 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853394 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761604 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM