Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Official 987 pics in Autocar UK

I thought I'd get in before RC does. Todays Autocar magazine has a 4 page article on the 987 including official pics. It shows a Guards red S and an artic silver 2.7. I don't have access to a scanner but here is a scan of 1 of the pages I found on the net:

The ring time of the 987 Boxster S is 8m 18sec by Walter Rohrl (9 seconds quicker than 986 S).

Here is a small pic of the Autocar cover

Re: Official 987 pics in Autocar UK

Okay, finally it's out! Thanks for the pic!

Looking at the pictures my immediate thought was what kind of customers the car is targeted at?

The center console seems to be more cramped than in the 997 or does it just look like this?

The airvents look horrible on the picture, hope that they fit in much better in reality. Spypics I have seen so far looked much better indeed!

Just saw the mag. The car looks nice. 5.5 sec 0 to 100 for the S version, 0.2 sec quicker than the current one, seems in line with the model's progression. I like it.
    Same as the 997, looks more like a big facelift than a totally new car, although Porsche claims the car is 80% new.

When I spoke to my dealer in Frankfurt last week about the possibility that info on the 987 would be released soon, he said that he did not expect any information before the end of October. Hmmm..... Perhaps they are releasing it in the UK first.

More pics from the official brochure. Enjoy!

Thanks!!!

Here's the full article

Hopefully legible enough as scanned at lower res to keep size down.

@ Atlantis: where did you get this from?? I am so curious... what is the brochure like??

OK, somebody needs to give the design department that takes care of the design of the interior of the cars a wake up call!
    The 997 suposedly has an excuse, its plain and ordinary due to the retro-heritage they wanted to bring back (wether they achieved this objective is another matter aside from the cheap alum look plastic and array of buttons ) but why does the boxster looks as un-imaginative and boring as the 997? quality of the interior may be great as in the 997, but the design is no more than what your ordinary hatchback brings you

I love the outside though, better-sportier front than the 997 and the rear is very sharp. I wish the 997 had those headlights.

Thanks a lot for the pics! :nice:
    I see the difference between the normal box and the S is the front grille again? The extra air fent for the S... Well, hope to see the real thing soon!
    -Joost-

I like it!

The front gets the same new direction as the 997 on the treatment of the hood. I think this is more significant than it seems. It's subtle, but still, a major new direction that goes back to the 356 and was reintroduced on the Carrera GT. I'm talking about the way the hood has the rounded front corners, making it a separate and distinct unit and not just where the nose and fenders end. This also helps the nose blend with the fenders better making it more of a continuous sweeping line across the front from headlight to headlight.

I know the new styling on these models was supposed to help give them separate identities, especially the 911/Boxster, but this hood thing looks like it may be a company trademark. Can we look for this to be part of the Cayenne facelift, when and if it ever happens? Will this be a part of the 4 door sedan when it comes out?

Atlantis and Rich (UK) thak you both for the pictures.

like the 997 the 987 is an evolution too but I like the refined lines and specially the HID lights .

Thank you very much...the car looks awsome..interior could be a litle more distintictive than the 987...but other than that the car does look very good.

Woshhhhhhhh

Official 987 - Porsche Ger. Site

Any translator?

Porsche German Site

Re: Official 987 - Porsche Ger. Site

....we have change something....
    ....but the soul is in it.....

more Inofrmation in a few days....

Atlantis and Rich, thanks for the pics.

Confirms what we have been seeing from the spy photos.

I won't be selling mine anytime soon, but once again Porsche shows "dont mess with success", since it's basically the same car from the outside with new bumpers and wheel options. However, I still think they needed some more power in the 987. This may be the problem that will really hurt sales.

It looks fantastic with the 19" wheels!

Auto Bild was quite close more then one year ago...

Only just been able to log back on to Rennteam for some reason. Anyway, I received a "teaser" brochure in the post from Porsche UK this morning. It is about 12 pages long and has photos as well as sketches on tracing paper.

Here are some more images from it:

I'll post some more details from the brochure in the next hour or two when I finish work.

Quote:
    , I received a "teaser" brochure in the post from Porsche UK this morning. It is about 12 pages long and has photos as well as sketches on tracing paper.

already in the post ??

wow, porsche sales is faster than their cars

thanks a lot for sharing the pictures!

Yes, just got my "Where sport begins" brochure from my dealer - interesting, for those who don't like the PCM central screen on the 997 it is not standard on the Boxster - look at the picture on the inside back cover (can't scan it unfortunately as my scanner has gone tits-up).

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Yes, just got my "Where sport begins" brochure from my dealer - interesting, for those who don't like the PCM central screen on the 997 it is not standard on the Boxster - look at the picture on the inside back cover (can't scan it unfortunately as my scanner has gone tits-up).

Here is the picture I think you mean along with a sketch from the brochure (sorry for poor quality - only have digital camera and not scanner at home):

Yes, that's the one. Trouble is for those like me that want the navigation, no doubt this will be more expensive than it is on the 997, some people are never satisfied!
    I think the car looks absolutely right, and the fact that like for like it is less expensive than the outgoing model is a bonus It makes the wait for mine (Feb 05 build) unbearable!

February eh? I've been told March at the very earliest for mine. Any idea on what spec you're going for yet?

I like the car mostly. But some stuff is really dissapointing me. If I would be some guy we does not find cars really interesting, then I would probably say: "and now show me the new one! I've already seen this one" There is NOTHING new about it.(well, almost) But,.... I like it

Nothing revolutional, Porsche is becoming cheaper and cheaper, now they are ruiining the boxster idea by making a coupe, just to make it cheaper, you will see them every day and it won't be an interesting/special car anymore. And then this sedan is coming and the cayenne is already here.
    The things that were good are becoming less and the revolutional changes porsche is making are plain stupid.

And now that stupid excuse about porsche being independent doesn't work for me anymore. You probably know why.

I will probably have to become a 911 fanatic instead of a Porsche fanatic in a short time.

Quote:
    Atlantis said:
    February eh? I've been told March at the very earliest for mine. Any idea on what spec you're going for yet?

More or less - xenon lights, metallic (probably arctic silver I love cobalt but not the price), navigation, Bose, PASM, 6xCD, full leather, heated seats, rain sensor / auto mirrors, painted rear section central console, coloured wheel centres and if I've got any money left, sports seats. Open to suggestions, though.
    I put my deposit down Dec 03 with Chapelgate (now Porsche centre Bournemouth).

That's pretty much "fully loaded" then.

Currently I'm considering Cobalt Blue (may be Pounds1600 but is worth it), Black Leather, 6CD, Painted Centre Console, Blue Seat Belts and Wind Deflector (which is still not standard!). May go for Sport Chrono or PASM depending on reviews.

Put in my letter of intention at Porsche Sutton Coldfield in January. Paid the Pounds2k deposit a few weeks ago.

I am assuming the wind deflector will be "included" in the Bose package like the old Boxster. The car is a once only "dreamcar" for me, my first and probably only Porsche, so I don't want to get it and wished I'd specified something else!

I forgot that they do the Bose + wind deflector package. I don't have Bose in my current Box and won't be speccing it next time because I'm not much of an audiophile. The option prices that I've managed to get from my dealer so far are:

Metallic Pounds543
    Sport Chrono Package Pounds507
    PASM Active Suspension Pounds1030

He said that all other options will be around the same price as on the 986.

I am using a combination of 997 option prices for things like PASM and the 986 prices for the others, as a guide.
    Bose is one of my "iffy" options after all the engine is as good as digital sound - I might cut Bose out and have Cobalt blue or it is Pounds1k towards adaptive sports seats that are supposed to be superb... but then again I might not - oh the joys of speccing!

Speccing the car is half the fun. I remember 100 mile round trips after work just to see a car with deviating grey carpet - which was what I went for last time.

Thinking triple black this time, sound pack rather than Bose (assuming they still do it), full leather, heated sports seats, possibly a wheel upgrade but dfinitely coloured wheel crests. Also contemplating factory collection and a few days driving back through Europe.

Must phone Chapelgate, sorry Porsche Centre Bournemouth, to find out my approx build date. And wheres my brochure - that postmans useless!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690423 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409712 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255936 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235237 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858373 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774634 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM