Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Chinese F1 Grand Prix at Shanghai

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    If Kimi had driven his pants off and was leading by 40 seconds and then suddenly gone slower to let Massa pass, that would have been a different story.

Well I must of been tired through getting up to watch the race because Kimi was faster than Massa and did definitely slow down to let Massa catch him and pass him..In fact , Massa was making a right meal of it because he just didn't have pace today at all....

All LH needs now is reliability in Brazil and the title is his and very well deserved too , his simply the fastest driver at the moment which is just as well being his not getting any help from his team mate HK...

Quote:
    throt said:
    All LH needs now is reliability in Brazil and the title is his and very well deserved too , his simply the fastest driver at the moment which is just as well being his not getting any help from his team mate HK...

A+++++++++++++++++++++ (fingers crossed )

Agreed - a really boring race Everyone just did their job... No drama, no thrills, no spills...

I wish the Chinese GP could revert to being in the early part of the season when the stakes are less high.

Hopefully Brazil will be a little more exciting to watch

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    As for the last race, we will see either Massa or LH win the WDC ... This is like choosing between two different kinds of herpes: It's like a bad joke and you know you have to live with that sh1t for a long time.

I love your analogy - where would we be without your unique brand of humour and manliness

Lewis wont he race but I've lost all my energy to cheer since I known that FIA will find yet another reason to punish him for nothing while letting whatever Ferrari do slip away. Just like in Valencia where Massa should have received a drive-through for unsafe pit release, instead they gave him that punishment in Singapore after it was clear that the race was already lost. Or when Hamilton was finalized in Spa for cutting the chicane, giving the position back and proceeding with the race after being given a thumb up by Race Control, while Alonso cut the chicane in Singapore and gained two position without even being investigated. Or When race controlled contacted Ferrari in Monza instructing Massa to give his position back to Rosberg after cutting the chicane during overtaking.

I have no problems with Massa winning or another driver than Hamilton but if they do then it should be on fair grounds.

Pair that with the fact that FIA run by a disgusting man of Max Mosley as well as them sacking Canada and Silverstone, I feel that my interest for F1 is hanging by a thin thread.

A lot of Hamilton opposition is due to the fact that an overwhelming majority of F1 enthusiasts are Ferrari fans, just look at all the red colour on the grand stands. Hamilton came down really hard in the world of F1. Every since he joined the crcus he has been the center point driving the best car, having the best skills and getting the most lucrative endorsement deals while swiping the floor with all other drivers. He's unstoppable. No body like a dark knight coming from no where disturbing the order.

From my POV Hamilton has already won this season. Massa and Kimi hasn't stood a chance despite getting a heck alot of help from FIA.

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Lewis wont he race but I've lost all my energy to cheer since I known that FIA will find yet another reason to punish him for nothing while letting whatever Ferrari do slip away. Just like in Valencia where Massa should have received a drive-through for unsafe pit release, instead they gave him that punishment in Singapore after it was clear that the race was already lost. Or when Hamilton was finalized in Spa for cutting the chicane, giving the position back and proceeding with the race after being given a thumb up by Race Control, while Alonso cut the chicane in Singapore and gained two position without even being investigated. Or When race controlled contacted Ferrari in Monza instructing Massa to give his position back to Rosberg after cutting the chicane during overtaking.

I have no problems with Massa winning or another driver than Hamilton but if they do then it should be on fair grounds.

Pair that with the fact that FIA run by a disgusting man of Max Mosley as well as them sacking Canada and Silverstone, I feel that my interest for F1 is hanging by a thin thread.

A lot of Hamilton opposition is due to the fact that an overwhelming majority of F1 enthusiasts are Ferrari fans, just look at all the red colour on the grand stands. Hamilton came down really hard in the world of F1. Every since he joined the crcus he has been the center point driving the best car, having the best skills and getting the most lucrative endorsement deals while swiping the floor with all other drivers. He's unstoppable. No body like a dark knight coming from no where disturbing the order.

From my POV Hamilton has already won this season. Massa and Kimi hasn't stood a chance despite getting a heck alot of help from FIA.

Sweeping the floor with all other drivers? Unstoppable? Dark knight(no pun intended)? Why do Golden Boy's fans have to come with the most ridiculous BS?

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:

Sweeping the floor with all other drivers? Unstoppable? Dark knight(no pun intended)? Why do Golden Boy's fans have to come with the most ridiculous BS?

This year Hamilton has been stronger than last year overtaking, winning extraordinary races unlike Massa an Kimi who've pretty only won starting from pole. The differences is that Hamilton has been punished for nothing while the red cars get away with anything they want. Despite that Hamilton is leading the championship.

You forget what happened in Hungary to Massa... With THAT 10 points he could be the Champion...

BUT, Hamilton drove mature race in China and if he can be focused he will be the Champion.

A very sad humiliation to the names of McLaren (Bruce) and Mercedes . Ron Dennis and Lewis Hamilton shouldn't happen to F1.

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:

If it is BS why is he leading the drivers championship Let common sense prevail please

Quote:
    Misha011 said:
    A very sad humiliation to the names of McLaren (Bruce) and Mercedes . Ron Dennis and Lewis Hamilton shouldn't happen to F1.

If Ron Dennis managed his drivers as a manager ought to, McLaren-Mercedes would be going for their second consecutive championship this year and they would have probably clinched it by now!

LH would be nurtured as a junior to Alonso and Mclaren would have a champion driver for the next 5 years. Of course LH might win it this year because of the weak opposition. In a year that Massa is a major contender, winning it is nothing to cheer about. As they say the "value of victory depends on the quality of the opponent".

I hope, this nice young man, get a seat in F1 for the next year and beyond .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jucmMkFonyA&feature=email

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnmpIqFoYtg&feature=email

Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Misha011 said:

As they say the "value of victory depends on the quality of the opponent".

Yes, and in this season Mclaren's biggest opponent has been Max Mosley and FIA. Most devilish opponent one could ever dream of having. With that being said Hamilton's victory, is it happens, will be something to cheer for.

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Misha011 said:

Yes, and in this season Mclaren's biggest opponent has been Max Mosley and FIA. Most devilish opponent one could ever dream of having. With that being said Hamilton's victory, is it happens, will be something to cheer for.

The same FIA that gave McLaren the design of the new ECU, the same FIA that allowed them to compete this year, the same FIA that didn't put them at the end of the pit lane? And let's not talk about the preferential treatment Golden Boy received last year from the stewards...

All this crying and conspiracy theories are pathetic.

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Misha011 said:

The same FIA that gave McLaren the design of the new ECU, the same FIA that allowed them to compete this year, the same FIA that didn't put them at the end of the pit lane? And let's not talk about the preferential treatment Golden Boy received last year from the stewards...

Well letting Mclaren design the ECU doesn't give them any sort of benefit. As for the pitlane Mclaren are not in the back of the pitlane because Bernie's Billionaire friends can't do without the "amazing" paddock services available to the first 5 pits.

Except for the crane in Germany I really cant recall an incident where FIA legitimately punished Ferrari in order to help Hamilton or let Hamilton get excape situation where he unquestionabaly breeched a regulation.

How Hamilton has been treated this year and Ferrari been assisted is beyond anything I've ever seen in the world of sport.

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Misha011 said:

Well letting Mclaren design the ECU doesn't give them any sort of benefit. As for the pitlane Mclaren are not in the back of the pitlane because Bernie's Billionaire friends can't do without the "amazing" paddock services available to the first 5 pits.

Except for the crane in Germany I really cant recall an incident where FIA legitimately punished Ferrari in order to help Hamilton or let Hamilton get excape situation where he unquestionabaly breeched a regulation.

How Hamilton has been treated this year and Ferrari been assisted is beyond anything I've ever seen in the world of sport.

So are you saying that all the punishments Golden Boy have recieved this year have been unfair? That he should be allowed to do whatever he wants on a track, no matter how dangerous and reckless his driving is sometimes? After all that is what happened last year and none of you were complaining, you were quite happy about it, actually.

Many of the other drivers really oppose the driving style of LH.
    Many other drivers dislike LH himself as a person.
    FIA have been punishing LH for his driving - often pertinently so, sometimes really poorly and wrongly, if not directly corrupt.

Hamilton is an egomaniac, he likes to tell everyone how great he is and that he is the best driver in the world.
    He may think he is the best, and that's fine. He needs to believe in himself.
    Trouble comes when you suffer from a God-complex and start driving like youre alone on the track, or like everyone else are just in the way of a championship that is "naturally" his.
    Then it gets dangerous.
    IMO Hamilton is a really good driver, technically - but he also drives with his heart, not his head.
    Hence these crazy maneuvers and dangerous situations.
    Very much like MS in his day.

This year and last, LH has been fortunate to have a pretty weak Ferrari team as only serious opponent. Last year we saw the difference between a rookie and a seasoned driver in the last two races, and that was Ferrari's luck in 2007.
    2008 has been a disaster for Ferrrari in many ways - and hence the results have been accordingly.
    McLaren have managed to get heat into their tires, Ferrari simply havent.

I truly don't like anything about the image of Hamilton.
    However, he is a really good driver, and if he learns to kep cool and play it smart, he will be championship material for many years to come.
    Having said that, I don't think he is the best driver in the field.
    I believe guys like Vettel, Glock, Alonso and KR are better - they just dont have a team/car that works as well as McLaren have these past 2 seasons.
    Remember 2005/6/?
    Everything that could go wrong for McLaren did go wrong.
    Apart from Hamiltons rookie mistakes in the last two races last year, McLaren had a good season - and this year has been great for them.

I would love to see F1 turned into something like the Arabic A1 series, where every team has the same material to work with.
    Until then it will almost always be the cars and their performance and durability that separate the drivers.
    Until then, we will never know who truly is the best driver.

^^
    For the first time I agree with 95% of what you wrote. On the contrary I have to comment on the the remarks you made about the cars. Just because you have the best car doesn't mean that you'll be at the top of the standings, driving the best car doesn't make life easier. It actually makes like much harder forcing you to push even harder to meet the sky high expectations impossed on you.

Just look at Heikki, he's got the best car on the circuit but is getting beaten by Alonso driving a Renault and is also behind the Bimmers. Kimmi is also a prime example, his performance has been rubbish this year and managed to win last year due to Hamilton losing the championship to him.

The best drivers right now are IMO Alonso and Hamilton. Other future championship are Kubica and Vettel.

I agree 100% and for sure KR has been poop...

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Misha011 said:

in the begining of this year the Honda F1 team found out that by pushing the steering wheel buttons in a certain way (like on the playstation , i'm not kidding) they would gain acess to an estra menu , i don't remenber the details anymore , it was on the news.

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Misha011 said:

in the begining of this year the Honda F1 team found out that by pushing the steering wheel buttons in a certain way (like on the playstation , i'm not kidding) they would gain acess to an estra menu , i don't remenber the details anymore , it was on the news.

Therefore Hamilton must be a better playstation player than Kovalainen. Interesting

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755639 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431742 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258905 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255980 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79969 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5266 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

869029 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803149 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM