Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rennteam Meet Somewhere in the South of Englan

We gain an hour don't we. ie. gets darker earlier.

Quote:
    Alex_997TT said:
    We WON'T be doing those kind of speeds though on public UK roads. Far too busy, far too many policemen/cameras about. I like my license thankyou

Sad but true, unfortunately.

Quote:
    Alex_997TT said:

Wait - do we gain an hour or lose an hour that day?

Spring forward - fall back..

Rich
    fine by me, cheers!

Re: Rennteam Meet South of England FINAL CALL??

Hi all

As I understand it, this is the confirmed list for the Meet next Sunday :-

Alex_997TT +1
    Clewsey +1
    Dreamcar
    Mex99
    Kinrara
    RichC +1
    Wtsnet

Can I suggest we meet at the services at Junction 9 of the M3, where the A34 meets the M3. There is a Tesco car Park there and a Shell filling station for those that need bunkers. This meeting point has the advantage of being accesible for those coming south on the A34 (4th exit on junction) South on the M3 (3rd exit) or North on the M3 (1st exit).

I've been discussing route with Kinrara who lives in West Sussex and he suggests heading up the A34 / A33 briefly before heading east towards Itchen Abbess, across to the A272 then Petersfield, Midhurst, and Petworth, before heading south down towards Chichester and The Kennels. Great roads, but can be slow if we stuck behind Grockles,(Car in gear, brain in neutral ) Sunday Drivers (no where to go and all day to get there ) or the occasional tractor. As mentioned earlier it would be good to get away from our meeting point for 11:00hrs prompt to give us plenty of time to reach The Kennels by 12:30, time for a pre-lunch drink. Due to the number (for The Kennels) and the poularity of the place they have requested that we arrive by that time, and also be good enough to let them know as soon as possible of confirmed numbers (I make it 10).

Should be a great day, look forward to meeting you all.

Sounds good to me!

Rich/Simon - I just calculated my route and it's 30 extra mins if I come via Mortimer than going M4 then A34. So the weather on the day may swing it for me. If it's sunny I will come via Mortimer>Hartley Wintney, otherwise I will go straight to the Shell garage.

I hope the weather is better on the Sunday than is predicted for the Friday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3153

Alex: looks like you guys are okay on Sunday:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/UKXX0899?from=36hr_topnav_business

Have a great time

Cheers,
    Easy

OK, well Alex.. give me a call on the day... I'll PM you my no, but if you're up for it we can meet at the Car Park opposite the Horse & Groom in Mortimer @ 10ish

>>Link to map<<

Simon,

Do you want to still meet @ HW? If so how about in the parking area just in front of the estate agents just south of the Elevtham/Fleet turning opp the green.. say 10:20? Might be easier than the Texaco forecourt and should be enpty on a Sun . Again I'll PM you my mobile no.

DC - +1 is down with flu at the mo.. hopefully she'll be bright and breezy by Sun but a risk she might not be

I confirm my attendance - I will be at the A34/M3 services at 10:30 to allow us to get away - I'll be in a red 911 and parked away from other cars / or will be at the shell garage pumping her full of V Power.

Really looking forward to it.

Darren.

PS -DC I will PM you my mobile number in case of problems.

Rich C - annual flu jab -do it privately for about Pounds30 at my convenience - best money spent every winter!!!

Quote:
    mex99 said:
    I will be at the A34/M3 services at 10:30 to allow us to get away - I'll be in a red 911 and parked away from other cars / or will be at the shell garage pumping her full of V Power.

Really looking forward to it.

Darren.

PS -DC I will PM you my mobile number in case of problems.

I'll see you there at 10:30 also, cobalt blue Boxster. I've already talked with kinrara, he'll be there same time - he'd better be - he knows the way!!

PM received, thanks, you now have my mobile no. also

Hi Rich, I'm good with this, maybe easier than squeezing into Texaco! 10:20 is fine, well I say fine but I'm at a party the night before so I'll let you know on the day :-)

Looking forward to meeting you all! I'll hopefully get to get my car clean before then :-)

I'm good for the meet, J9A34. Just on my tod with map and a dirty car, so no leaving me behind as I don't have a co-pilot!

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    I'm good for the meet, J9A34. Just on my tod with map and a dirty car, so no leaving me behind as I don't have a co-pilot!

Pleased to hear that you can make it, look forward to seeing you on Sunday. Neither kinrara, mex99 or myself have company either.

Mate,

I will be traveling across from Bath way too if you want to meet somewhere - I looked briefly on the satnav this morning and it said to get to Winchester via Devizes and A303!!!

Coming cross country from Devizes - some great sweeping roads with good sight lines.. think you may be having the best drive over if you follow that route

Damn - think I might go out for a spin this afternoon in the sunshine as the weather report for Sunday has taken a turn for the worse

guys, sorry for this last-minute post, I simply became absorbed in Easy's factory collection thread - brilliant

I look forward to meeting you all at the services at Junction 9 of the M3 this Sunday at 10.30pm allowing for the clock change as arranged by DC - at least we could only arrive early

I am waiting to hear back on the availability of Nordschleife insurance via a syndicate member at Lloyds I raised the question with the other day - keep you posted......

Weather is looking favourable for us and cheers for now

Quote:
    Alex_997TT said:
    Damn - think I might go out for a spin this afternoon in the sunshine as the weather report for Sunday has taken a turn for the worse

West Sussex (local) coastal report seems quite good for Sunday

Given up looking at weather forecasts.. they are getting more inaccurate the more technology they throw t them.

got a piece of string hanging outside my window... if it's moving its windy, if it's wet then it's raining

Must admit, just finished for the day.. mmmm blat round the local roads.... hmmm

Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    Given up looking at weather forecasts.. they are getting more inaccurate the more technology they throw t them.

Trouble is these days they don't use knowledge and experience, only computer models. Judging by my experience with computers, your piece of wet string is probably more accurate

Have fun guys

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Have fun guys

Thanks, easy - look forward to seeing you on the next one - here's an idea, we are thinking of going to Germany in April...

Yeah, have a good one guys.

Look forward to your report and, of course, the pix...

Germany in April - now we are talking!!!

See you on Sunday at the services.

Quote:
    mex99 said:
    Germany in April - now we are talking!!!

See you on Sunday at the services.

Sounds like the making of an international drive, taking in the 'Ring, of course!! Must discuss on Sunday

@ John H - many thanks, I'm sure loads of pics to follow!

woo looks like im free sunday. I'll atempt to find junction 9 M3 and meet u there. Any one leaving from north london? Small convoy from southmimms rounderbout??

Quote:
    sarg3 said:
    woo looks like im free sunday. I'll atempt to find junction 9 M3 and meet u there. Any one leaving from north london? Small convoy from southmimms rounderbout??

Straight down M3, it's the next exit off after the A303 junction south of Basingstoke. The M3 drops down to 2 lanes for a few miles, go past the services on the two lane section, the road then opens up to 3 lanes just before junction 9. Services are 3rd exit.

We'd be pleased to see you, but PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP IF YOU ARE COMING WITH OR WITHOUT PARTNER SO I CAN LET THE KENNELS RESTAURANT KNOW AS RESERVATION IS ESSENTIAL THERE AS IT IS VERY POPULAR- .

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow

i'll be there, trying to arrange babysitter now. Let you know ASAP. Thanks

Quote:
    sarg3 said:
    i'll be there, trying to arrange babysitter now. Let you know ASAP. Thanks

I'll ring The Kennels as soon as they open and confirm back to you that it's OK. One person or two?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688764 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408794 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255568 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234821 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65411 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857659 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773533 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM