Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

F****** Idiots 

WTF....

They can’t be serious. 

--

Being adventurous can be risky but routine is lethal.

nberry:

They can’t be serious. 

stolen by Tesla group to study the car. will be sent to California for dismantling Smiley

how to make huge perf, menacing style, reliable and actually need a driver behind the steering wheel to be efficient Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

one man taking a stupid decision , not realizing the impact surprise

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

At same time this was published:

Tesla S remote keys can be hacked in seconds... Must be a sign  :-)

https://feber.se/bil/art/387052/tesla_model_s_trdlsa_nyckelsys/?rss=true

that somehow engraved in stone what my attitude towards tesla was...

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Tesla owners must be feeling threatened by Mission-E (Taycan)

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

That's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. What idiots !

bluelines:
    Kobalt:

"Hi,

As this is a Porsche matter we must decline to help spreading the info.

Good luck."

Hah! Musk himself could not have put it better Smiley

I guess Tesla owners in the need of help should be treated the same then.

maybe musk could have put it better after he fills up with grass:::)))) then he is limitless::::)))

How bad must Prius owners be then?  Geez. You would think you asked a bald guy for your missing comb?  

I think it was more like asking the vegan at the table to pass the steak sause indecision but just goes to show how those in the 'club" are not realy car people, its not a "Porsche matter", its a "car" theft matter, they can't even empathize. Well, at least we didn't end up getting called pedos too broken heart

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

I think it was more like asking the vegan at the table to pass the steak sause indecision but just goes to show how those in the 'club" are not realy car people, its not a "Porsche matter", its a "car" theft matter, they can't even empathize. Well, at least we didn't end up getting called pedos too broken heart

I thought for being a pedo driving a Porsche is the basic requirement? Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Carlos from Spain:
    Its not about being less deperate in the midwest, its that the midwest is nowere, you cant cant compare it to Soto Grande, which is the type of area that attracts criminals, midwest does not, and yet there is plenty of crime and violence in the midwest, I lived there for 6 years.

As someone that has lived in both sides of the ocean for many years I can say without a doubt that the crime rates, the violence of the crimes, violent deaths, social and racial conflict and violence in general is much higher overall in the US on average. There are better and worse places on both sides but on average there is no comparison.

Just compare how the US cops need to act compared to EU cops that some don' t even carry guns or never have to use it because we dont have an arms race here. In the US the same situation of breaking into your house while you sleep would of probably been done at gunpoint and with violent consequences, instead of the stealthly m.o. like it was done to Kobalt...

I agree. Europe is much safer in many regards, especially when it comes to violent(!) crimes. Probably also the reason why Americans really need weapons to defend themselves. 

Speaking of stealing cars and guns: Just yesterday, I talked to a friend in the US and he told me that his brother-in-law was waiting for his wife in his Range Rover SUV  at a parking lot and suddenly two (black) men approached the car, one opened the co-passenger side, the other entered in the back and they forced him at gunpoint to exit the car, so they can steal it or whatever (they brought in some expensive shopping bags, so maybe these guys were following them). That brother-in-law not only, luckily, had the keys (keyless go) in his pocket but also a gun in a belt holster. He fired at one of the attackers through the window, injuring him badly, the other one in the back got away. Both had guns, the injured guy was able to exit the car but fell to the ground. Meanwhile, the police had arrived and arrested him.

You won't hear stories like this one in Europe. Car napping happens here as well but most people, incl. criminals, are not armed, at least not with (real) guns. Usually, I drive with the car doors closed, so no bad surprises for me.

I can't say it often enough: People cannot compare the US to Europe, different rules, different criminals, different situations.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

I wrote the Tesla Owners Group of Norway an email yesterday where I mentioned that their behavior surprises the car community.

I also said: "If you guys in TOCN ever needs help in Sweden they are more then welcome to contact me even though the matter is a Tesla."

No answer, yet.

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Its not about being less deperate in the midwest, its that the midwest is nowere, you cant cant compare it to Soto Grande, which is the type of area that attracts criminals, midwest does not, and yet there is plenty of crime and violence in the midwest, I lived there for 6 years.

As someone that has lived in both sides of the ocean for many years I can say without a doubt that the crime rates, the violence of the crimes, violent deaths, social and racial conflict and violence in general is much higher overall in the US on average. There are better and worse places on both sides but on average there is no comparison.

Just compare how the US cops need to act compared to EU cops that some don' t even carry guns or never have to use it because we dont have an arms race here. In the US the same situation of breaking into your house while you sleep would of probably been done at gunpoint and with violent consequences, instead of the stealthly m.o. like it was done to Kobalt...

I agree. Europe is much safer in many regards, especially when it comes to violent(!) crimes. Probably also the reason why Americans really need weapons to defend themselves. 

Speaking of stealing cars and guns: Just yesterday, I talked to a friend in the US and he told me that his brother-in-law was waiting for his wife in his Range Rover SUV  at a parking lot and suddenly two (black) men approached the car, one opened the co-passenger side, the other entered in the back and they forced him at gunpoint to exit the car, so they can steal it or whatever (they brought in some expensive shopping bags, so maybe these guys were following them). That brother-in-law not only, luckily, had the keys (keyless go) in his pocket but also a gun in a belt holster. He fired at one of the attackers through the window, injuring him badly, the other one in the back got away. Both had guns, the injured guy was able to exit the car but fell to the ground. Meanwhile, the police had arrived and arrested him.

You won't hear stories like this one in Europe. Car napping happens here as well but most people, incl. criminals, are not armed, at least not with (real) guns. Usually, I drive with the car doors closed, so no bad surprises for me.

I can't say it often enough: People cannot compare the US to Europe, different rules, different criminals, different situations.

And then the situation can continue when the crims want revenge. A big can of worms is then opened.

kobalt, if I read correctly so, left the keys in the house where they could be found. This then promotes the chances of them leaving quickly. The last thing you want is a destroyed house.

i was going to approach my intruders which is debatable...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Kobalt:

I wrote the Tesla Owners Group of Norway an email yesterday where I mentioned that their behavior surprises the car community.

I also said: "If you guys in TOCN ever needs help in Sweden they are more then welcome to contact me even though the matter is a Tesla."

No answer, yet.

Don’t hold your breathe, buddy..Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

They key thing is a...thing. In Germany, in order to make an insurance claim, you need to present all car keys (usually two). Even if they break in into the house to steal the keys, there is a lot of claims and proof stuff involved, sometimes some insurances even try to prove that you kept the keys "unsafe", so they don't have to pay. Not a situation you want to be in. "Best" thing is: They steal the car, you still have all keys and everything is good.

My wife is someone who almost learned the key thing the hard way: Someone in her fitness club stole her phone from the locker (my wife didn't close the locker door properly, she was in a hurry). Lucky for her: The Porsche Cayenne car key was in her bag as well. If the thief would have stolen the car, my wife would have been responsible for the whole value of the car. Smiley  My wife was shocked, she didn't even know this. Now she pays a lot of attention where she keeps the car keys, especially when she is in the gym or in a hotel.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

RC your story is another anecdotal tale. Some parts of the world are dangersous, period, regardless of country but this impression that the US is the Wild West is fiction. I have never encountered and crime or violence personally or even seen a gun being used in a crime.  Moreover the paranoid reaction towards crime or possible crime is much worse elsewhere than I see here in the Midwest. We simply don’t even consider it on a day to day basis which is a better way to go about your day. 

As long as the keys are not in the car the insurance pays off. I leave them were they can be found right away so they don’t find me first. I can’t be expected to hold out with a burglar in my face. Lol.

but seriously guys. This is not the Wild West. I get that the news likes to hype crime and guns in the US but keep in mind there are many of us. Regardless our system of defending ourselves if it does happen is awesome. Cheers. 

RC - I'd suggest using a different insurance company if all they seem to want to do is wriggle out of paying a claim. Why give someone your business if innocent, sensible approaches to personal security give them an excuse to stiff you?

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

You have a better chance to get shot then knifed in US, unlike in London or  Paris.

I'd rather deal with a gun shot wound then a knife to my gut....

Ask any trauma surgeon........ 

absent:

You have a better chance to get shot then knifed in US, unlike in London or  Paris.

I'd rather deal with a gun shot wound then a knife to my gut....

Ask any trauma surgeon........ 

Yeah right says someone who lives in Chicago Smiley

Don't you guys think that you adjust you life to the environment you live in?

If I decide to move to another country, or even a different place in my own country, I can't expect to live the exact same life in the new place.

I think comparing the way we live our lives, for instance the US to Europe or comparing the south of France to the north of Sweden is not possible because the rules of living is not the same and if we do move, we will complain and compare but in the end adjust. 

Once we are adjusted things are normalized.

Christian how is identifying the two assailants as black relevant to your story? Subconscious bias? It’s going around these days in Europe. 

--

nberry:

Christian how is identifying the two assailants as black relevant to your story? Subconscious bias? It’s going around these days in Europe. 

Haha,, I was waiting for someone to pull Christian up. But does it really matter, would you Nick, or anyone, have been alerted if he typed ‘’two white guys’’. It seems the latter is overlooked, specially by the like..Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

I reached to my best buddy in college who is norwegian (he is a Ferrari guy but no one is perfect)  to spread the word about the theft and he said that he had already seen it in the news apparently, I also told him about the Tesla Club and he said it doesn't surprise him, they are a crazy cult.

So the news is clearly out, hope tjey get caught soon, just hope that there isn't another red GT2RS in Norway because the poor owner is going to wonder why all of a sudden he is getting all these dirty looks when he is driving it  lol

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Thanks Carlos!

There where one Norwegian twin 2RS reported yesterday. I hope he wasn't offended by the police.

throt:
    nberry:

Haha,, I was waiting for someone to pull Christian up. But does it really matter, would you Nick, or anyone, have been alerted if he typed ‘’two white guys’’. It seems the latter is overlooked, specially by the like..Smiley..

Simply write two criminals or assailants rather pointing out there were black. Smiley

--

bridggar:

RC - I'd suggest using a different insurance company if all they seem to want to do is wriggle out of paying a claim. Why give someone your business if innocent, sensible approaches to personal security give them an excuse to stiff you?

We had our house broken into earlier this year while we were asleep upstairs, came in through the back door and out the front. They didn't take much but it added up. Insurance didn't make a fuss about anything. We use Chubb and would never go anywhere else. 

My wife had her car keys in her purse which was stolen and it honestly was a bigger pain than if they had taken the car. Because we couldn't find the other key right away we had to get it flat-bedded to the dealership. Had to get new keys from Germany and because the thiefs had the key, it had to be all new locks and keys (including the glove box). Cost almost $10k and took 5 weeks where we were not allowed to drive the car with the other key in case it got stolen so sat in the dealership, insurance had to get us a rental.

Between that, my wife's purse, my LV briefcase (with passport in it - a whole other layer of headache and cost) it cost the insurance company about $20k from what was probably a 45 second smash and grab. I'm very glad we slept through it. Running down my stairs naked at 3am, grabbing one of the African or S. Pacific war clubs we have as an art installation on our stairwell wall might have frightened any robber enough to get our stuff back but it also might have meant I have to attack some guy with a war club which means I get arrested, get sued and even if I win is a whole lot more painful than my insurance taking care of everything for me.  

For the record, our insurance told us if we left the car running (say warming up in the winter) and someone stole it we would still get paid. There is no real negligence on our side and criminal intent on the other. If we hadn't changed the locks on the car and then they stole it later it would be negligent on our side but leaving the keys on a hook by the door, having someone break in and steal them then take the car has no negligence involved. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

nberry:
    throt:
    nberry:

Simply write two criminals or assailants rather pointing out there were black. Smiley

I just knew that was your point, buddy Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763189 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435758 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260720 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257713 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    81002 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5323 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872642 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808114 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM