Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

BMW X6 vs. Porsche Cayenne GTS on the Ring

The X6 was 7,5 second faster than the GTS in the test of AutoBild Sportscars.
    8.54,4 min - BMW X6 xDrive 50i (automatic)
    9.01,9 min - Porsche Cayenne GTS (manual)

They said the Cayenne is a bit slower, but sportier than the BMW.

Re: BMW X6 vs. Porsche Cayenne GTS on the Ring

I am surprised that the GTS is slower, I had the X6 and didn't like the drive at all.

CTT would have eaten the X6 alive

Quote:
    Markdsv said:
    I am surprised that the GTS is slower, I had the X6 and didn't like the drive at all.

The GTS tested was manual. Does this make a difference?

Would love to see the time of the CTT, or the new CTTS!
    (..and the EU infiniti FX50..and.. any talks about X6 M?)

Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Markdsv said:

The GTS tested was manual. Does this make a difference?

Not sure as i think you can get better gear range in a manual however automatic would be quicker (know that my Vespa mopet was lighting quick compared to the geared mopets)

Any comments (automatic quicker than manual?)

Such a blow to Porsche .

"The test certainly proves the BMW has come out on top on this one and it's lower price makes it an altogether better or more appealing buy."

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080814.003/bmw-x6-xdrive50i-vs-porsche-cayenne-gts-at-nurburgring

Lower price? My Fully loaded GTS is $81K - A fully loaded X6 6 cylinder not X50 is $100K.. Also, the X6 is butt-ugly..

GTS 405 Hp
    500 Nm (369 lbft)
    5060 Lb (2300 Kg)

X6 407 Hp
    605 Nm (446 lbft)
    4983 Lb (2265 Kg)

Both are close on spec. except torque - and what drive us around most of the time is torque. Basicly it's : Torque = acceleration ; Power = top speed .
    With 20% higher torque X6 is expectedly a winner on the Ring. Being turbo engined it must have a very flat torque line in engine graph. and over broad rpm range (I haven't seen a graphicon but that's the rule on turbo engines)

However I see no point in this 7 sec. Porsche is Porsche and will remain my absolute No.1

Quote:
    muhri said:
    ...the X6 is butt-ugly..

SOoooo true

X6 drives like a Lexus (nothing wrong with this I know) and has the appiel of a struisvogel !!!!!

AFAIK the 4 seater SUV X6 is 100% useless off-road while the Cayenne can hold its own, hence the X6 has an advantage on asfalt since it makes no compromise whatsoever for off-road, so the ring time results would make sense.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Such a blow to Porsche .

"The test certainly proves the BMW has come out on top on this one and it's lower price makes it an altogether better or more appealing buy."

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080814.003/bmw-x6-xdrive50i-vs-porsche-cayenne-gts-at-nurburgring

Not really. The Cayenne is 6 years older than the X6 so it's quite expected that the X6 would be just as good or even better.

Two months ago I spent 25 minutes in an X6. Absolutely fantastic car. Believe it or not but when you're driving it you completely forget that it's a SUV. It's almost as fast as 5er with the same engine. The way it handles is just magical, rather then feeling heavy it gives you the sensation that you're driving a sedan on steroids. On paper it looks like just another SUV but driving is a completely different experience. BMW have done something astonishing almost defying the laws of physics. It's remarkably nimble for a 2000kg car. Very sporty car nonetheless.

When the car was unveiled I thought it was just a gimmick but spending some quality time in an xDrive35d proved me wrong. It's a very special car and you guys should seriously try one out.

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    It's a very special car and you guys should seriously try one out.

Having had BMW's my whole life I concure with your statement however IMO the X6 cannot be compared to the GTS, it is indeed a complete different car (having had the X50 myself for a test drive). As mentioned in a previous mail, the X6 drives like a luxury car, the GTS is a 4x4 with race car like performance .

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    AFAIK the 4 seater SUV X6 is 100% useless off-road while the Cayenne can hold its own, hence the X6 has an advantage on asfalt since it makes no compromise whatsoever for off-road, so the ring time results would make sense.

This is a ridiculous statement. Any vehicle with AWD and enough ground clearance can not be 100% useless off-road.

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

This is a ridiculous statement. Any vehicle with AWD and enough ground clearance can not be 100% useless off-road.

I think that ridiculous is your comprehension of the statement. You obviously did not undertand what I meant, but I'm not going to bother explaining it either.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

I think that ridiculous is your comprehension of the statement. You obviously did not undertand what I meant, but I'm not going to bother explaining it either.

There is nothing to explain. You misspoke and you know it.

yah, whateeeveeeeer... feels like I'm back in elementary school (note to svtrader1: this expression is not meant to be taken literally word for word either, its another figure of speech).

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    yah, whateeeveeeeer... feels like I'm back in elementary school (note to svtrader1: this expression is not meant to be taken literally word for word either, its another figure of speech).

You're a very stubborn person and you can never admit you're wrong. Nice try though. "figure of speech"

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    You're a very stubborn person and you can never admit you're wrong. Nice try though. "figure of speech"

Let me get in here, the Spanish are determined the DUTCH are stubborn --> yes I am Dutch

Tried to lighten up the discussion no working

Lol, determined at being wrong.

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

no you are stubborn... no, you... no you are... no youuu

Quote:
    Markdsv said:
    Quote:
    svtrader1 said:

Let me get in here, the Spanish are determined the DUTCH are stubborn --> yes I am Dutch

Tried to lighten up the discussion no working

no need, we are both grown ups, we go back a long way and every once in a while take jabs at each other especially when the Porsche vs Ferrari threads arise but all with respect and tongue in cheek (fingure of speech! )

I agree with emperor. X6 does have an amazing ride quality and great looks imo

Quote:
    vinnie said:

vinnie, first PM today and now this? how old are you buddy? the spanish tennis team photo thread has just been locked for a reason, you will not carry it over to other threads.
    While my patience is rival only to my stubborness time however is limited and not everyone have plenty to spare for this, so if you are not able to drop it then its time to press the ignore button or I will end it for you. Its over. There will be not public feuds or attacks in this forum.

Quote:
    racerx said:

Though very subjective I think it also looks good, and if you are never going to go offroading (how many people do with X5-Cayenne-Q7? ) the handling on asfalt seems to be unmatched by any other model. The only mayor problem I see is that you have a huge vehicle (bigger than X5) but with only 4 seats available?

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Considering the fact that Carlos does quite some off-roading with ATVs, I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what he wanted to say. Also, my Audi is AWD, but will likely get stuck in enough snow or mud even with sufficient ground clearance.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    vinnie said:

vinnie, first PM today and now this? how old are you buddy? the spanish tennis team photo thread has just been locked for a reason, you will not carry it over to other threads.
    While my patience is rival only to my stubborness time however is limited and not everyone have plenty to spare for this, so if you are not able to drop it then its time to press the ignore button or I will end it for you. Its over. There will be not public feuds or attacks in this forum.

The only news about the Spanish olympic tennis team worth talking about is Nadal's gold medal. Excellent appearance!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

Though very subjective I think it also looks good, and if you are never going to go offroading (how many people do with X5-Cayenne-Q7? ) the handling on asfalt seems to be unmatched by any other model. The only mayor problem I see is that you have a huge vehicle (bigger than X5) but with only 4 seats available?

True. It's very much a image/style type of vehicle like the CLS. If you don't have any kids and there is absolutely no reason not to buy an X6 over a Cayenne. The X6 is highly gorgeous in the metal as well. BMW has indeed created a highly desirable car.

Quote:
    reginos said:
    The only news about the Spanish olympic tennis team worth talking about is Nadal's gold medal. Excellent appearance!

Its definately Nadal's year, he is really on top of his game. The basketball team however got their butt spanked by the US though!

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    True. It's very much a image/style type of vehicle like the CLS. If you don't have any kids and there is absolutely no reason not to buy an X6 over a Cayenne. The X6 is highly gorgeous in the metal as well. BMW has indeed created a highly desirable car.

I wonder if any other makes will follow in this type of SUV concept, maybe mercedes since they already have several SUV type versions

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777045 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441647 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262752 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260916 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85169 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5551 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880618 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815833 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM