Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Bunch of new Cali Vids

It really grows on me. Looks very modern.

yes, just the rims... Kia makes nicer rims

I like the white one. Too bad they don't make a coupe.

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    I like the white one. Too bad they don't make a coupe.

LOL. Just have the roof button removed or cut the wires

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    yes, just the rims... Kia makes nicer rims

the rims in all the pics and vids are 19" but as option will be also 20"...surely nicer than standar ones...

More and more as I read everybody comments about Ferrari California I somehow get the impression that you guys are really-really trying to like this car....... but..... it's SOOOOOOOOO HARD! LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL

From my experience when I see somebody focus on details so much it's because of disliking "the whole". How can I better put this? When you like a really beautiful woman, you don't talk ONLY about her tits for god sake!!!
    You say: WOW! What a woman!
    You guys sounds more like: check those boobs!

Quote:
    Pentium said:

From my experience when I see somebody focus on details so much it's because of disliking "the whole".

On the contrary, I like the Cali as a whole, it's some of the details that I don't like.

I like the proportions, the shallow glass area, the sleek rooline, the 7-speed dual clutch, the engine placement which is so mid-engined (more than the 599), the taillights, the ultra-modern interior when compared to 430's 360-derived interior from the '99, the front grille which is more Ferrari than 360/430's 'twin nostrils' which can't even house a prancing horse badge, etc.

But two details I don't like, first is the side crease and the vents, second is the bulging front wings. I know Ferrari's and Porsches have them, but if the front wings are flat like on the aston v8, it will make the bonnet so sleek and it may change the appearance of the car..

I think it looks great in real-life / non-studio pics :

looks best in blue.. or anything metallic :

The headlight and nose of GranTurismo and California looks 90% the same!

Ferrati

Quote:
    Chris Lo said:

Thats exactly what came to my mind when I saw the front of the California, mind you the GranTurismo is a gorgeous car as a whole, but the Califormnia looks more like its a model from the Maseratti lineup than Ferraris

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    Chris Lo said:

Thats exactly what came to my mind when I saw the front of the California, mind you the GranTurismo is a gorgeous car as a whole, but the Califormnia looks more like its a model from the Maseratti lineup than Ferraris

I couldn't agree more. The front end resemblance between the two cars is almost identical. How stupid can they be or do they think that because it is a Ferrari we would not notice.

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this because its seems so strange to me that Ferrari would do this that I though I must be dreaming it
    It not that its ugly or pretty (to me the front is the best looking part of the car compared to the side or rear view, maybe precisely because it reminds me of the Grandturismo), its the fact that it clearly looks like the smaller two seater brother to the Grandturismo, and given the proximity in the family tree of Ferrari and Maseratti this is not a good idea IMO.
    Because most people only see the outside, I'm afraid they are going to think and regard the California as a small Maseratti with a Ferrari badge slapped on it and a Ferrari pricetag

Definately not a car to trade the F430 for Nick IMO.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this because its seems so strange to me that Ferrari would do this that I though I must be dreaming it
    It not that its ugly or pretty (to me the front is the best looking part of the car compared to the side or rear view, maybe precisely because it reminds me of the Grandturismo), its the fact that it clearly looks like the smaller two seater brother to the Grandturismo, and given the proximity in the family tree of Ferrari and Maseratti this is not a good idea IMO.
    Because most people only see the outside, I'm afraid they are going to think and regard the California as a small Maseratti with a Ferrari badge slapped on it and a Ferrari pricetag

I received an invitation to a private viewing of the car in August at the Pebble Beach car show. I have no intention of flying to Monterey to look at the car.

i totally agree ( Nick, Pentium, Chris Lo, Carlos ) definetely more Maser in its blood than ferrari. Im not going to say that i like or not the car, because it certainly has its good and bad things. Im waiting until i see one in person before i make up my final call on it.

from the side it looks like the new dodge challenger

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

So true.

On the last Top Gear episode (11x04) there was a remark done by the presentors: that the new Ferraris we like them just because there is the Ferrari logo on them and not because they are beautiful, and I totally agree with them. I remember that since the 360 allways the first reaction to a new Ferrari model, on the press and forums and everywhere, was "I don't like it or what the [beep] have they done?". But after a while because there is a Ferrari everyone started to accept it, because you want a Ferrari logo and you don't want to buy the same looks from Kia or Toyota.

This car is really ugly and corean. No beauty at all. Just forced surfaces and especially the cut on the side it is horrible. It remembers me the side of this Toyota.

Do you want to see a really ugly shot of the California front? How about this...

Rossi, stop it, LOL. You'll make me die laughing. I actually like the car more and more.

You've heard of something called karma? The more you laugh at the Cali, the uglier the FI42 will be. Hate to tell you this, but the designers are the same people and they only have one year - I think it will have LOTS of design cues from the Cali.

Let's hope I'm wrong but if I'm not, you'd better start liking the Cali, LOL.

Hell if it turns out to be ugly, I think the next Lambo will be Reventon-stunning..

Quote:
    shin said:
    Rossi, stop it, LOL. You'll make me die laughing. I actually like the car more and more.

You've heard of something called karma? The more you laugh at the Cali, the uglier the FI42 will be. Hate to tell you this, but the designers are the same people and they only have one year - I think it will have LOTS of design cues from the Cali.

Hell if it turns out to be ugly, I think the next Lambo will be Reventon-stunning..

Your probably right about the 142. However, its saving grace will be its performance (hopefully )

It is incredible that Ferrari did not make an effort to change the front end from the Maserati. The only resaon I can think of in not doing so is arrogance. As long as it is a Ferrari no one will notice or care.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    shin said:

Your probably right about the 142. However, its saving grace will be its performance (hopefully )

It is incredible that Ferrari did not make an effort to change the front end from the Maserati. The only resaon I can think of in not doing so is arrogance. As long as it is a Ferrari no one will notice or care.

IMO that is the worse mistake a manufacturer could make.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    shin said:

Gents, I don't think we must be too afraid about the F142's styling. Why? F142 will be THE hardcore Ferrari by then, no GT like 612, 599 or California, midengined, sportier than the current F430. Such a car deserves a thrilling, fascinating design, without comprimising too much because of comfort or the needs of the GT-orientated-customers.

Two interesting pics, comparing the California to the 599...

second one...

The roofline is very similar to the 599. The Cali is no 599.

Ferrari will not be able to to sell 3-4000k of these year over year. At least not at the price they're asking.

There will be a coupe within 2-3 years from now.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Two interesting pics, comparing the California to the 599...

For comparison..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    813403 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    453104 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    273225 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    92103 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    9589 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

891845 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    851740 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM