Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Top Gear (The Stig) GTR time: 1.19.7

have you guys notice that the Stig did not use the lunch control on that run ??? or is it me

Quote:
    ashoof said:
    have you guys notice that the Stig did not use the lunch control on that run ??? or is it me

it's you.

Quote:
    ADias said:
    Up to this review, everyone was debunking the GTR as soul-less. JC seems to say otherwise. The fan of passion-filled Italian supercars likes the GTR...

But, despite the win, Clarkson struggled to love the GT-R - the way it looks, the way it drives and for being "without soul." He just "...wished it would - at road speeds - run its hand down my pants and give it a little rummage."

From the GT-R vs. Bullet train race.

Porsche has nothing to fear from the GT-R. They have a captive customer who will not change regardless of Porsche status in the high performance community. Thus, there is no need for Porsche to step up.

Who can blame them for not doing so? They get excellent reviews with cosmetic changes and minimal hp increases. Most car manufacturers would love to be in that position.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Porsche has nothing to fear from the GT-R. They have a captive customer who will not change regardless of Porsche status in the high performance community. Thus, there is no need for Porsche to step up.

Who can blame them for not doing so? They get excellent reviews with cosmetic changes and minimal hp increases. Most car manufacturers would love to be in that position.

I think that's a re-re-repost.

I just hope all this GTR business will lead to a new technology war and not a continuation HP one.
    From the way I see it, sport car makers are either incompetent, holding out deliberately or taking the easy way out.
    Thank you Nissan for shaking things up.

More efficient cars FTW!

Quote:
    racerx said:On a perfectly flat surface like a track/runway suspension almost plays NO part.

This is so very wrong if you need to accelerate, turn, or slow down

Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    vinnie said:
    Quote:
    MarekN said:
    Let me just add in the Zonda F weight, which is 1230 kg in Clubsport, unladen.
    When putting together the power/weight ratios, we should probably take into account that some manufacturers twist the numbers of the weights and some do it by the book, so there could be about 7% difference (either totally dry weight vs weight with driver, fuel and luggage).

Just think, the GT-R is only 1.3 seconds on the TopGear track slower than the Zonda F and weighs 600kg more!

The only car that you could take a whole family in comfort shopping, take the shopping home in the large boot
    and then go to the local racetrack and lap faster than Porsches finest, the CGT.

Nissan have rewritten the supercar rules, they have just come out, shocked and embarrassed the competition.

+1

Mr. Dimitri, you agree with vinnie's very logical argumentation, but the day you change your F430 for a GT-R. I shall be convinced too.

I happen to agree with vinnie & dhayek as well but that does not mean I would replace my CGT with a GT-R.

If you think in 20 years people will not remember what the new Nissan has done to the "Supercar world" then you are wrong. Til this day car enthusiasts around the world are talking about the NSX and its impact on the high end sports car segment in the '90s. And to those who think the GT-R doesn't look expensive enough I say go check the new $200k GT2 and see how identical it is to the $100k 911 Carrera.

Its about time a car manufacturer shows Porsche how much they've been fleecing their customers!

Quote:
    janus said:
    I just hope all this GTR business will lead to a new technology war and not a continuation HP one.
    From the way I see it, sport car makers are either incompetent, holding out deliberately or taking the easy way out.
    Thank you Nissan for shaking things up.

More efficient cars FTW!

A totally agree.
    But,i don't what to see that everyone stops making rwd cars and turn to awd ones.

Guys let's be serious!

You rave about the GT-R and its fantastic NBR lap time and still you want to hang on to your slower, technologically antiquated (what no trick 4WD and DCT?) and unjustifiably expensive CGTs, Ferrari 430s and yellow Lamborghinis.

I cannot understand why you don't get rid of them, buy a GT-R and have money to spare!

It is a classic case of the "spirit being eager but the flesh being weak" to use a biblical analogy.

Reginos, that's because we can afford to keep our whatever and buy a GT-R as well! Lol

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Reginos, that's because we can afford to keep our whatever and buy a GT-R as well! Lol

Of course it is not about money! What's the point of keeping the existing car if you get the best of the best, the car to anhiliate all?

That's a good one Way!

Even if everybody will buy only GT-Rs I will still want a light weight rear mid engine car with RWD. That's what I like. End of story. Hyper-fast turbo porkers with AWD were never my cup of tea. They are less fun.

Again, enough said. To each it's own.

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    To each it's own.

+1

That's why I don't like absolute statements and sweeping conclusions on any subject.

For all the hype and the praise being dispensed on this board about the GT-R and how it is so revolutionary, I find it quite humorous that to the best of my knowledge the only one on Rennteam who's ordered one is Mike. Yet the 599's, 430's, Scud's, 997's and Gallardo's keep rolling in. It seems no manufacturer has to worry too much about the GT-R.

Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:
    For all the hype and the praise being dispensed on this board about the GT-R and how it is so revolutionary, I find it quite humorous that to the best of my knowledge the only one on Rennteam who's ordered one is Mike. Yet the 599's, 430's, Scud's, 997's and Gallardo's keep rolling in. It seems no manufacturer has to worry too much about the GT-R.

Hehe, great car the GT-R to read about, but let others buy one!

Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:

That's not true. Plenty of us have ordered it, but we are afraid that our fellow rich forum friends will redicule us and think that we have gone broke, so no one is showing their hand!

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:

That's not true. Plenty of us have ordered it, but we are afraid that our fellow rich forum friends will redicule us and think that we have gone broke, so no one is showing their hand!

Put a bumper sticker on it saying "my other car is a yellow Lamborghini". So, no such misunderstandings.

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:

Haha... that must be it!

Actually I have ordered one and now I have a sticker on my CGT that says My Other Car Is A GT-R!

I found a photo of another proud GT-R owner. See how happy he is:

Excellent

HAHA JoeRocket! You bring it on the point. The car might be great but you need that paper bag on your head

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:On a perfectly flat surface like a track/runway suspension almost plays NO part.

This is so very wrong if you need to accelerate, turn, or slow down

Not on an airport runway (which is where the stig tests) and when in comparison to other performance cars.

What happens to an F1 car when it rides over the curbing or hits an off camber turn, or even gets a Flat? ---- Answer it rides on 3 wheels, no fancy suspension play. It's rock hard.

What happens when an F1 tire is worn? ---- Answer excessive wheel spin, and slipping and sliding.

Low center of gravity, width of car and especially tire width and composition hold the road.

Suspensions are for safety and comfort. So when you hit a bump your rear-end doesn't jump out 2 feet like in a regular passenger car.

Take a ZR-1 and remove the steamroller tires then hit the skidpad with 1970 vintage skinny, high profile tires. You'll be in the grass in no time though you still have the same suspension.

Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:
    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Up to this review, everyone was debunking the GTR as soul-less. JC seems to say otherwise. The fan of passion-filled Italian supercars likes the GTR...

But, despite the win, Clarkson struggled to love the GT-R - the way it looks, the way it drives and for being "without soul." He just "...wished it would - at road speeds - run its hand down my pants and give it a little rummage."

From the GT-R vs. Bullet train race.

Oh Clarkson completely changed his tune once the speed limiter was off and they got on the track. He said it was bloody amazing brilliant, and even hurt himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxt8rZd2vAM&fmt=18

I saw and sat in the GTR at a Nissan event in Köln a few days ago. They started the engine and it sounded surprisingly good.

The interior is an acceptable blend of sports and luxury and the front seats are very supportive and comfortable. The back seats are big enough for women and large children. Adult men can also fit in them but for anyone over 5'6'' there is insufficient headroom.

My 6-year-old son loved the GTR and is seriously on my case to order one after he felt comfortable in the back seat. The trunk is fairly large - big enough for holiday luggage for 2 adults and one or two kids.

The exterior styling is more dramatic in person than in photos. Either you like it or you don't but you can't ignore it. The GTR is a visual event that is sure to attract attention and interest. It is not quite my cup of tea, but it is a great car that redefines what is possible for a big 4-seater than can be used for family trips.

Quote:
    AUM said:
    I saw and sat in the GTR at a Nissan event in Köln a few days ago. They started the engine and it sounded surprisingly good.

I saw one at a car show too, but they didn't let me sit in it. Did you think there was much headroom? Less than 997?

I'm getting tired of these VERY tight test tracks, when will we see some real racing with production cars and find out the truth whether the GT-R can outrun everything including the Veyron or the cars that were supplied by Nissan were 500hp+

Uptill now it's acceleration in a straight line = Garbage against the Z06.

Quote:
    AUM said:

The interior is an acceptable blend of sports and luxury and the front seats are very supportive and comfortable. The back seats are big enough for women and large children. Adult men can also fit in them but for anyone over 5'6'' there is insufficient headroom.

My 6-year-old son loved the GTR and is seriously on my case to order one after he felt comfortable in the back seat. The trunk is fairly large - big enough for holiday luggage for 2 adults and one or two kids.

The exterior styling is more dramatic in person than in photos. Either you like it or you don't but you can't ignore it. The GTR is a visual event that is sure to attract attention and interest. It is not quite my cup of tea, but it is a great car that redefines what is possible for a big 4-seater than can be used for family trips.

One area we haven't heard much about is the ride quality on normal roads.

Do you have any information from people who have driven it, preferably outside outside Germany?

Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    AUM said:

One area we haven't heard much about is the ride quality on normal roads.

Do you have any information from people who have driven it, preferably outside outside Germany?

Try here: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/general-r35-nissan-gtr-chit-chat.html

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    810181 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    450965 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    268327 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    91354 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    8164 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

889529 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    843822 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM