Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

the road conditions of italy in the old city center makes even a Rolls feel uncomfortably...hahahaha..but I got the point...I have been driving the Model S many times...but never find that problem.

--

993 c2

When you build cars in a tent... Model 3 showroom model:

380D7F85-03AF-4605-B2AB-EDC35ECC5ED6.jpeg

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

SciFrog:

Have you sat in one? It is actually pretty nice...

Have you used a touch screen while driving? Fun... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Never used Waze?

The 3 interior reminds me of a 1970's BMW without the instruments and knobs.......

SciFrog:

Have you sat in one? It is actually pretty nice...

Not the 3 but I have on the X and its still an american car's interior, its like comparing a corvette interioir vs a ferrari interior except with chevy charging you Ferrari prices.

At least in the X the screen is integrated in the console, in the 3 its just sits on top like if you added it yourself in a DIY job. 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

SciFrog:

Never used Waze?

It's illegal to operate the navigation system while driving here (for a reason)... not like doing that is even close to operating almost all the car's controls via a touch screen... thats moronic, an even greater danger for the driver and all other cars around him.

--

lukestern:
    Carlos from Spain:

Jaguar I-Pace, its EV with same specs but doesnt looj like a minivan, it has a decent interior, a dealer infrastructure, and is sportier. And in a couple of years you will have more options from others.

Also your post about the Model 3 interior sounds a bit like an old fart complaining back in 2007 when the first iPhone was released lacking any sort of buttons Smiley

I was using touch screen phones before the iPhone even existed and you were probably using a Nokia Smiley

I wont say what it sounds when someone praises the Model 3 interior, I dont want to hurt anybody's feelings  Smiley  

--

Handspring Treo in 2002 ring a bell? 6 years before the iPhone smiley I did use a Nokia like everyone else, BEFORE the Treo angry.

You don’t like anything Tesla, you don’t like EV (anyway there is no charging infrastructure in Spain), we got it. The blind bashing is completely unnecessary and discredits any real constructive critism you have proven to be capable of. All the while there are many believers out there that are making Tesla the #1 luxury car seller in their respective segments in the USA and enjoy the beta testing of the fleet Smiley

SciFrog:

You don’t like anything Tesla, you don’t like EV (anyway there is no charging infrastructure in Spain), we got it.

Nope you didn't get it, I don't dislike EV, Tesla is not EV. EV has a future for people movers and I may be a client in that sense in that future when decent options become available. Not likely in the sportscar segment though since I enjoy the actual driving experience, where hybrid is still a much better option once ICE's are legislated out by the pencil pushers.

All the while there are many believers out there that are making Tesla the #1 luxury car seller in their respective segments in the USA and enjoy the beta testing of the fleet Smiley

Well to be fair, the US market not the world reference for luxury cars connoisseurs if you go by US brands standards Smiley

Also being nº1 luxury car seller in the US doesn't seem to be that great:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/23/tesla-is-seeking-cash-from-its-suppliers-wsj.html
    --

This is the article you could have posted, more negative even:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-23/tesla-s-call-for-suppliers-to-refund-cash-reeks-of-desperation

Tesla is using every trick in the books, this one apparently in the 90s by the Japanese....

SciFrog:

This is the article you could have posted, more negative even:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-23/tesla-s-call-for-suppliers-to-refund-cash-reeks-of-desperation

You may not believe me but I actually read that one first as it came up on my news feed, but decided to look up other articles on the same news to contrast it, and actually posted a less negative one.

--

Looking forward to the Q2 results call with equity and credit analysts on 1st August...  1527611592420image.gif

1532376678753image.jpeg

...will the CEO be able to keep cool and answer those diligent investor questions? Smiley

Link: http://ir.tesla.com/events-and-presentations

In my best sounding Musk voice, "You so-called ANALysts ask really, really dumb and painfully BORING questions, so I will now answer super smart questions from Tommy Richman, a fifth grader from Southside International Academy in Aurora, Colorado..."

SciFrog:

Never used Waze?

Nope, I might use it after iOS 12 supports it (CarPlay, currently, the latest beta doesn't seem to support Waze...I have it on my iPhone X) but usually, I use the ginormous display of my E63's navigation system and control it over voice control (which works better than expected).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Wake has saved me countless hours of enjoying my life vs driving in heavy traffic. It is the best and most used app on my iPhone. And probably saved me from a few fines too, not that I drive that fast.

SciFrog:

Wake has saved me countless hours of enjoying my life vs driving in heavy traffic. It is the best and most used app on my iPhone. And probably saved me from a few fines too, not that I drive that fast.

I thought you didn't even use gmail because you don't want Google to know anything about you but you use Waze?Smiley

BTW waze navigation is now available for Android Auto.

--

You can use Waze with an anonymous profile. They don’t make it obvious but you can. Also I have used Wave way before it was Google. Once and a while you just delete the app and restart another fresh anonymous profile smiley

On the iPhone I feel confident enough one app cannot access the rest of your info unless you allow it to and check your privacy settings. On Android, it would be very very hard to trust them however.

SciFrog:

The "Live Traffic" function of my navigation systems in the E63 and R8 works pretty well, no real need for Waze.

Speed traps? Well...no need. 20/20 super vision and all... Smiley

--

SciFrog:

You can use Waze with an anonymous profile. They don’t make it obvious but you can. Also I have used Wave way before it was Google. Once and a while you just delete the app and restart another fresh anonymous profile smiley

I doubt that makes a difference since you are always using the same phone, all it needs is access to the ID of your phone or any other piece of data unique to your phone (probably buried in the user agreement you agree to) and it will tie all the accounts together, one way or another Google will do it, they are not stupid and they make a living on that's sort of thing.

People don't have a clue how much they are tracked when using apps, web surfing, etc. You cannot avoid it unless you hide in a cave without any tech. Not that I'm paranoid about it, most of it is harmless imo, you just have to exercise common sense, like uploading to Facebook what you shouldn't, using shady apps, public wifis, etc.

--

Well at least they don’t have my email and my contacts...

Carlos is right about Tesla. And fwiw, Fire Departments in the US have been warned that Teslas can catch fire on their own even a few days after a crash and even after a initial fire. Who wants a car that does that?  

Tesla is a very trendy brand. Don't research Tesla service quality and parts availability, ignore their uninspiring interiors, the dark side of the lithium and rare earth metals trade and you may be a happy buyer and later not.

"Elon Musk said Tesla wants to eliminate contracts for its customers"

(24 July 2018)

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said the company wants to simplify its sales process.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said on Monday that the company is attempting to eliminate contracts for its customers and simplify the return process.

"We’re trying to get rid of contracts completely. Should just be 'tap here & you get your car'. Then, if you don’t like it for any reason, just return it like any other product," Musk said on Twitter.

Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment on its timeline for eliminating customer contracts.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said on Monday that the company is attempting to eliminate contracts for its customers and simplify the return process. 

"We’re trying to get rid of contracts completely. Should just be 'tap here & you get your car'. Then, if you don’t like it for any reason, just return it like any other product," Musk said.

Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment on its timeline for eliminating customer contracts.

Musk was replying to a Twitter user who said his sister-in-law had experienced a delay with the contract for her Model X SUV. As Tesla has increased its rate of vehicle production, other Twitter users have also described delivery problems resulting from contract issues.

Musk said in the past year the company has increased vehicle deliveries in the US from around 1,000 per week to around 6,000 per week, which he suggested has been difficult.

"It’s like hitting a square wave," he said.

Unlike other auto companies, Tesla does not sell its vehicles through licensed dealerships, choosing instead to sell them through its website and company-owned stores. Avoiding the dealership model gives Tesla more control over the sales process, but the company has run into opposition from state governments, some of which have laws that prohibit automakers from selling vehicles directly to their customers. In some cases, Tesla operates showrooms where customers can see and learn about its vehicles, but cannot place orders.

On Monday, Tesla confirmed that one of its top sales executives, Ganesh Srivats, had resigned. 

"We'd like to thank Ganesh for his hard work and wish him all the best in the future," a Tesla representative said.

Srivats will become the CEO of the online clothing and accessory retailer Moda Operandi on August 1, the company said in a press release.

Link: http://uk.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-says-tesla-wants-to-eliminate-contracts-for-customers-2018-7

...is it possible Elon Musk is anticipating the reaction from investors to the declining order book and low conversion rate? Smiley

Boxster Coupe GTS:

"Elon Musk said Tesla wants to eliminate contracts for its customers"

(24 July 2018)

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said the company wants to simplify its sales process.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said on Monday that the company is attempting to eliminate contracts for its customers and simplify the return process.

"We’re trying to get rid of contracts completely. Should just be 'tap here & you get your car'. Then, if you don’t like it for any reason, just return it like any other product," Musk said on Twitter.

Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment on its timeline for eliminating customer contracts.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said on Monday that the company is attempting to eliminate contracts for its customers and simplify the return process. 

"We’re trying to get rid of contracts completely. Should just be 'tap here & you get your car'. Then, if you don’t like it for any reason, just return it like any other product," Musk said.

Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment on its timeline for eliminating customer contracts.

Musk was replying to a Twitter user who said his sister-in-law had experienced a delay with the contract for her Model X SUV. As Tesla has increased its rate of vehicle production, other Twitter users have also described delivery problems resulting from contract issues.

Musk said in the past year the company has increased vehicle deliveries in the US from around 1,000 per week to around 6,000 per week, which he suggested has been difficult.

"It’s like hitting a square wave," he said.

Unlike other auto companies, Tesla does not sell its vehicles through licensed dealerships, choosing instead to sell them through its website and company-owned stores. Avoiding the dealership model gives Tesla more control over the sales process, but the company has run into opposition from state governments, some of which have laws that prohibit automakers from selling vehicles directly to their customers. In some cases, Tesla operates showrooms where customers can see and learn about its vehicles, but cannot place orders.

On Monday, Tesla confirmed that one of its top sales executives, Ganesh Srivats, had resigned. 

"We'd like to thank Ganesh for his hard work and wish him all the best in the future," a Tesla representative said.

Srivats will become the CEO of the online clothing and accessory retailer Moda Operandi on August 1, the company said in a press release.

Link: http://uk.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-says-tesla-wants-to-eliminate-contracts-for-customers-2018-7

...is it possible Elon Musk is anticipating the reaction from investors to the declining order book and low conversion rate? Smiley

He is reacting to stock prices. He knew he had to keep the ~$300 stock price level before end of the year, just so the convertible bonds due will be paid by stocks instead of real cash, which Tesla don't have. 

It's a classic case of artificial stock price manipulation. 

From now to end of year, expect Elon to tweet or release hyped positive news to prop up stock prices. 

--

JimFlat6:

Carlos is right about Tesla. And fwiw, Fire Departments in the US have been warned that Teslas can catch fire on their own even a few days after a crash and even after a initial fire. Who wants a car that does that?  

Tesla is a very trendy brand. Don't research Tesla service quality and parts availability, ignore their uninspiring interiors, the dark side of the lithium and rare earth metals trade and you may be a happy buyer and later not.

There are plenty of happy Tesla customers here in Ohio.

My wife just purchased a new 2018 Model S P100D to replace the 2012 Model S P85 she happily drove.

She still owns the Roadster 1.5 she bought in 2008.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991.2 GT2 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

One of my coworker, a woman, who drives a 911, had a Cayenne and also and has her eyes on my California, bought a X 100D last year. She raves about it everyday and says it is the best vehicle she has ever owned in her life...

Tesla divides people in a way not manufacturer has. You hate it or you love it, you believe or you don’t. At the end of the day, if there are enough people in the first camp, Tesla will stay a major player for quite some time. Again, they are at the top of sales volume in their respective segment...

There is something rather odd going on with Tesla...

1532624250640image.jpeg

...there are thousands of Model 3 being stockpiled in the sun...

1532624275981image.jpeg

...and Tesla say you can order a new one in the USA now without a reservation...

1532624386804image.jpeg

...so what happened to the 420,000 order book? 

It appears that Tesla may now allegedly be producing more cars than they can sell... (even at a negative gross margin) Smiley

1532624530434image.jpeg

...the Tesla Q2 conference call may require significant disclosure to clear all this up! Smiley 

(Who left that window open?) Smiley

Operator: are there any questions on the line from investors, customers or suppliers? Smiley

Maybe all of them want the fictional $35k model 3 angry

SciFrog:

Tesla divides people in a way not manufacturer has. You hate it or you love it, you believe or you don’t. At the end of the day, if there are enough people in the first camp, Tesla will stay a major player for quite some time. Again, they are at the top of sales volume in their respective segment...

That argument only stands while Tesla is the only EV option out there, it will fall apart as soon as better EV cars come out.

Outside the EV part, Tesla has nothing special, quite the contrary, they are amateurs at making cars and that shows in many ways.

As soon as there are other EV options like from the germans with much deeper R&D pockets, infrastructure, and know-how, Tesla no longer has the EV exclusivity, and that is when it will fall apart, they can barely stay afloat now and have never even made a profit, imagine then...

Bottom line is that their future can only be worse than what it is now. There is nothing good to look forward to in the future for them, its only going to get harder and harder and given how they are barely getting by while having had the EV market solely to themselves then...

--

All the rumors around the germans joining the electric race are always the same: you’ll see when they launch their cars. But the truth is that the leaked specs for 2020 cars are virtually the same as Tesla has been putting into the market since 2014.

Also know-how? Tesla is miles and miles (literally) ahead of its competitors when it comes to EV knowledge.

Early bird catches the worm and Tesla already have lots of adepts. We here are not the norm, is the first thing you must understand.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690401 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409703 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255934 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235187 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65639 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858362 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774618 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM