Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 430 Scuderia Supertest

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:

funny, i wonder where my previous post ended...
    i just wanted to re-iterate that we can't get that gt2 is a bit faster than the scuderia since sportauto's tests are
    bogus. porsches are regularly driven around tracks as fast as it gets, wheras nongerman cars are not at all pushed to their limits.

Since we're talking about bedtime stories, let me tell you a story about the three little piggies and the big, bad wolf...

intouch1, guess what, no need to go to F-chat anymore .

all right, tell us your story, then

Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:

i just wanted to re-iterate that we can't get that gt2 is a bit faster than the scuderia since sportauto's tests are
    bogus. porsches are regularly driven around tracks as fast as it gets, wheras nongerman cars are not at all pushed to their limits.

Since we're talking about bedtime stories, let me tell you a story about the three little piggies and the big, bad wolf...

There was once a big, bad wolf, named Van Sourma. One of the piggies from a newly-acquired imperial border territory badmouthed him on the internet with no proof to back up his statements, so he tore down his straw house with his smoke-blowing, germanic 4-wheeled machine and, after pulling the piggie from underneath the car, issued him with a court subpoena for libel charges. THE END

Please, NO CRAP story about von Saurma in this thread.

Gents, Horst liked Scud more then GT2. There is NO bigger price here, at least IMO. Both cars are amazing are clearly they are a class for themselve...

Hopefully, we will not need to ask Markus to use his new Jedi powers to clear up this thread...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Gents, Horst liked Scud more then GT2. There is NO bigger price here, at least IMO. Both cars are amazing are clearly they are a class for themselve...

Hopefully, we will not need to ask Markus to use his new Jedi powers to clear up this thread...

I agree with everything you say. That being said, the guy has clearly badmouthed Von Saurma and has implied that he deliberately drives non-German cars slower. Not really my idea of a rational discussion .

Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Here are the official results:

NBR: 7.39
    Doettinger Hoehe: 281kph
    HHR: 1.10,3
    0-100kph: 3.6s
    0-200kph: 11.4s
    Weight (with fuel): 1400kg
    200-0kph: 125.7m
    Airtemp during test: 17*C

please add the GT2 times to put them into perspective....

Hehehehe, you only want to have confirmation that you bought the right car

The GT2 is a bit faster (7.33 and 1.09,7). However, the Scuderia is probably the more exciting car... Thus, both are great cars

I am afraid that those who know the SportAuto tests will strongly disagree with your view...

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:

There was once a big, bad wolf, named Van Sourma. One of the piggies from a newly-acquired imperial border territory badmouthed him on the internet with no proof to back up his statements, so he tore down his straw house with his smoke-blowing, germanic 4-wheeled machine and, after pulling the piggie from underneath the car, issued him with a court subpoena for libel charges. THE END

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

If we are lucky we will have own (track) test results (GT2 vs. Scuderia) at some stage. However, this might take another 10 months or so...

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:

wow! so much power wolf Saurma exerts on the imperial territories. by the way, did the piggie provide the court with the following nurburgring "no proof" lap data?
    lp640: Saurma=7.47 Sanna(Lambo driver)=7.40
    z06: Saurma=7.49 Magnussen(corvette driver)=7.42.9
    porsche gt2: Saurma=7.33 Rohrl (surely quicker than both Sanna and Magnussen at the nurburgring)=7.32.02

the court will have hard time to give a meaningful interpretation of them, while waiting for Saurma's nissan gtr lap time...

Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:

wow! so much power wolf Saurma exerts on the imperial territories. by the way, did the piggie provide the court with the following nurburgring "no proof" lap data?
    porsche gt2: Saurma=7.33 Rohrl (surely quicker than both Sanna and Magnussen at the nurburgring)=7.32.02

the court will have hard time to give a meaningful interpretation of them, while waiting for Saurma's nissan gtr lap time...

997TT: Saurma=7.54 (7.52 in a later test) Porsche=7.42...
    CGT: Saurma=7.32 Porsche=7.28...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

oh... i see, there are Jedis around with laser guns to disintegrate noncloned posts. that's why.
    I fail to see why you feel so disturbed by the fact that Saurma plays the same nationalistic game essentially almost any other magazine-newspaper-media does. do you ever read foreign newspapers?
    did you check lap times of British magazines on British tracks or Japanese magazines on japanese tracks or American mag....?

are you guys such romantic car lovers thinking a magazine might be so unpatriotic in testing fairly the cars reviewed? how many issues would they sell, then?
    being nationalistic bears no longer (infact since long time) a negative connotation.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:

interesting... i do not have a reference for that 7.42 for the 997 turbo: i do have a 7.49 (Rohrl
    http://www.fastestlaps.com/track2.html) which proves once again my point.
    the cgt time is just 4 secs off anyways (not 7 with likely lesser drivers than Rohrl). reasonable given the number of tests rohrl ran (and crushed-as i have heard) for the cgt.

Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:

interesting... i do not have a reference for that 7.42 for the 997 turbo: i do have a 7.49 (Rohrl
    the cgt time is just 4 secs off anyways (not 7 with likely lesser drivers than Rohrl). reasonable given the number of tests rohrl ran (and crushed-as i have heard) for the cgt.

7:42 is the correct time versus the 7:54 by Von Saurma. Both equipped with Cup tyres. The 7:49 time is without Cup tyres.
    It's not like Von Saurma is just some guy off the street. He is also an amateur racer and definitely has above-average skills. Also, if you had bothered to read his review of the Scud, he likes it better than the GT2. In fact, that Ferrari seems to be one of the best german cars he's ever tested .

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:

True. Just about the only time where Von Saurma really comes close to Röhrl is the 997 GT2 lap.

Should I repeat the fact that Horst liked Scud more then GT2 as you clearly point out?

It seems to me that our new member(and Horst hater) did not read Scud Supertest or he is not fluent in German so he is trolling this otherwise nice thread...

i did not read the test....could someone pls chime in as to what he liked more about the scud ?

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Should I repeat the fact that Horst liked Scud more then GT2 as you clearly point out?

It seems to me that our new member(and Horst hater) did not read Scud Supertest or he is not fluent in German so he is trolling this otherwise nice thread...

funny... is this a thread or a painting you are drawing?
    are you interested to the aesthetics of the thread?

i have shown that Saurma has been nationalistic (for a long time actually). whether this is "hating" him, i will leave it to the reader?

Anyways, i found really amusing the repeated claims that Saurma liked the scuderia more than the gt2 (as if this was to be of any relevance). first he drives the scuderia 15secs (conservative estimate) slower, then he says he likes it more than the gt2. a done deal for extreme sports cars...

Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

i have shown that Saurma has been nationalistic (for a long time actually). whether this is "hating" him, i will leave it to the reader?

Anyways, i found really amusing the repeated claims that Saurma liked the scuderia more than the gt2 (as if this was to be of any relevance). first he drives the scuderia 15secs (conservative estimate) slower, then he says he likes it more than the gt2. a done deal for extreme sports cars...

15 seconds slower? The Scuderia is 6 seconds slower on the Ring than the GT2. Also, where have ypou shown that Von Saurma has been nationalistic? Back up your statements with something more than your unfounded and subjective estimates of what time constitutes an unfair test.
    Even seasoned amateurs with thousands of laps on the Nordschleife under their belts, struggle hard to reach anything close to 8 minutes around that track and you're calling a 7:39 a fake? This is Rennteam.com, not Supercars.net .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:

7:42 is the correct time versus the 7:54 by Von Saurma. Both equipped with Cup tyres. The 7:49 time is without Cup tyres.
    It's not like Von Saurma is just some guy off the street. He is also an amateur racer and definitely has above-average skills. Also, if you had bothered to read his review of the Scud, he likes it better than the GT2. In fact, that Ferrari seems to be one of the best german cars he's ever tested .

the Rohrl's 7.49 is *with* sport cups...http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php?page_id=laptime&id=45d37b4ad030e they had a long ongoing discussion on which n-ring lap time to leave in their records and they decided for the Rohrl's since the others are either factory claims with no evidence or lack of any reference.
    thus saurma's time is within the usual (1-4 secs from Rohrl's)

by the way, it looks like that it's the piggy the only one providing references here...

Sourma proved to be an excellent driver by consistently appoaching rohrl's performances when driving porsches, which are the absolute reference at the n-ring. unfortunately, his driving skills seem to be dependent on the nationality of the car he is driving.
    this is why his times should be considered reliable and consistent to make a comparison only between german cars.

by the way, any comment on Saurma's 7.50 gt-r time as opposed to the 7.29 nissan driver time ? it was tochio suzuki and possibly the only pilot who has tested stock cars at the n-ring who can drive as fast as rohrl.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

15 seconds slower? The Scuderia is 6 seconds slower on the Ring than the GT2. Also, where have ypou shown that Von Saurma has been nationalistic? Back up your statements with something more than your unfounded and subjective estimates of what time constitutes an unfair test.
    Even seasoned amateurs with thousands of laps on the Nordschleife under their belts, struggle hard to reach anything close to 8 minutes around that track and you're calling a 7:39 a fake? This is Rennteam.com, not Supercars.net .

Andrej,

New member did not read Supertest at all.

I will be very polite now-his comments are not very accurate at all... BUT, if he continue to post POS claims here on rennteam Markus or somebody else should do some deleting...

Quote:
    Crash said:

wrong! you mispelled the sentence: "Scuderia is 6 seconds slower on the Ring than the GT2" should read as "Saurma drove scuderia 6 seconds slower than gt2".
    you are right: saying that Saurma drove the scuderia 15 secs slower is a subjective estimate which is actually conservative since he drove the gt-r 21 secs slower!

i have posted several times the references of the n-ring times i have mentioned. however, *not once* did you provide
    a reference backing your claims on porsches, let alone a beliavable one.

wow is this really rennteam.com?..i have not realized it!
    oh my.. the land of wolves and jedis...

Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

wrong! you mispelled the sentence: "Scuderia is 6 seconds slower on the Ring than the GT2" should read as "Saurma drove scuderia 6 seconds slower than gt2".
    you are right: saying that Saurma drove the scuderia 15 secs slower is a subjective estimate which is actually conservative since he drove the gt-r 21 secs slower!

i have posted several times the references of the n-ring times i have mentioned. however, *not once* did you provide

You have posted no references whatsoever. And don't quote some fantasy website which can't get its data right. The 997TT lap times have been discussed here ad nauseam ever since the car came out and the 7:49 time is - in fact - with standard Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tyres. The 7:42 time is Walter Röhrl's time with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tyres.

As for the difference in time between the Scuderia and GT2, that's pure semantics. The difference is 6 seconds, unless you can present us with a different time.

Kreso, you're right, it's preferable to be polite. That way, when you ban people, there are no hard feelings .

Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Zaf, the unofficial factory N-ring lap time for 430 Scuderia is 7:35, driven by M.Schumacher. So Horst wasnt that much slower here.

I think this is why HvS thinks the Scud is better than the GT2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZB_wEpbVw&fmt=18

Quote:
    BiTurbo said:
    I think this is why HvS thinks the Scud is better than the GT2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZB_wEpbVw&fmt=18

Did I notice the car leaning to the right the entire time?

That is one big man. He barely fits in the bucket seat

Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Zaf, the unofficial factory N-ring lap time for 430 Scuderia is 7:35, driven by M.Schumacher. So Horst wasnt that much slower here.

Quote:
    Crash said:

You have posted no references whatsoever. And don't quote some fantasy website which can't get its data right. The 997TT lap times have been discussed here ad nauseam ever since the car came out and the 7:49 time is - in fact - with standard Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tyres. The 7:42 time is Walter Röhrl's time with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tyres.

As for the difference in time between the Scuderia and GT2, that's pure semantics. The difference is 6 seconds, unless you can present us with a different time.

Kreso, you're right, it's preferable to be polite. That way, when you ban people, there are no hard feelings .

about the 997 t times it is just your word (humm...hope maybe) against the ones of at least a dozen of people at fastestlaps.com- the reference in stock cars laptime database...

again, the 7.42 rohrl's lap time exists only in your fantasy, unless you post a tiny bit of beliavable reference.

of course, i am and always have been supporting the right of people to make their wildest dreams and express their most daring wishes, don't get me wrong. i just find entertaining your attempt of implying a scientific base to your fairy tales, yet dismissing as "fantasy websites" those contraddicting you...

Quote:
    mv said:
    Quote:
    zaf52 said:

I may sound repetitive, but it would be nice to read a plausible reference for this. these sound like n-ring bar tales. what it is known is that schumacher spent few sessions at the n-ring helping improving the scuderia's setup. in the word "unofficial" one can bury all sorts of bs.

Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    these sound like n-ring bar tales. what it is known is that schumacher spent few sessions at the n-ring helping improving the scuderia's setup. in the word "unofficial" one can bury all sorts of bs.

For someone who hardly passed the two-digit number of posts you made a lot of friends here. None of your comments can be taken seriously.

Quote:
    zaf52 said:
    again, the 7.42 rohrl's lap time exists only in your fantasy, unless you post a tiny bit of beliavable reference.

Me and another member of Rennteam were told the 7.42 time (997TT on Cup tires) by a Porsche test driver. Thus, the info should be accurate

I suspect the accell times of *this* scud could be better... see quattroruote times. 0-100-200 3,35 and 10,8 s.
    A *slower* scud then the others..? To much fuel in the car?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776931 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441608 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262729 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260879 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85144 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5531 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880590 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815766 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM