Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New GTS Order

Well, I have been pondering ever since information came available about the GTS to order one but my dealer scared me to death when they quoted me prices near CTT territory which made me delay my order till they had confirmed pricing for the middle east. Although we had clues from countries around us (Qatar to be exact, the UAE is not accurate most of the time due to some car showrooms charging premiums for just released cars) I preferred to wait until official prices were made available in the car configuration website for Saudi Arabia. Thankfully, the prices are close to those in the US/Europe.

The car comes standard with:

Sport Design package, Sports Exhaust, Bi-Xenon headlamps, 21" Wheels, PCM (PCM3 with blue tooth, HD navigation), Interior lightening package, Memory seat package, power lift gate and Automatic Climate Control (Dual) for $72,000.

I added the following options:

Interior Leather/Alcantara Black (Free)
    6-Speed Manual gearbox (Free, yes you read me right, I want a sporty car - I'm not getting Air or PDCC)
    GTS Red (Costs money!)
    Three Spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel in leather
    Seat Belt in guards red (looks great with a black interior)
    Instrument dials in guards red (Was not convinced with it but was stunning in real life)
    Thermally insulated glass (a must for our sun!)
    Sun blinds on rear window (see above!)
    Porsche Entry and Drive
    Bose Sound System
    Servotronic
    Thicker Steering Wheel in leather two-tone (Guards Red)
    Porsche Crest embedded in head rest
    Floor mats with leather edge and color logo(leather in guards red)
    Key pouch in leather (guards red)
    Reverse camera with Park assist

The options bumped the price of the car to $81000.

delivery should be in 4-5 months as a 2009 model. They predict end of August but they say end of September.

Can't wait!! Let the waiting begin for the 2nd time - (1st was my 997)..

Re: New GTS Order

Very nice, congrats!

Thanks SciFrog

Wow, sounds awesome, muhri!

Congrats!!

Congrats muhri - Sounds like an incredible car. I took delivery of my black GTS 3 weeks ago and love it! It is so much better than my '04 "S", which was a spectacular auto.
    Mine is the black GTS shown in the "spotted GTS" blog.
    The waiting does suck however.
    Cheers!
    Paul

i suggest if you want sporty then get PDCC. there is virtually no body roll. it is an amazing feeling when you corner hard.

Just make sure you get the touch screen nav.

SVNSVN, Thanks mate.
    pasman, I've seen your car - its hot man. I would have gotten black but my 911 is already black
    CPA4S - If you get PDCC you lose the unique combo of Steel Spring and PASM.
    CityRacer, Yes - that's what the dealer confirmed. The car will be a 2009 model with PCM3

Murhri,

Congratulations as well, very good choice. I chose for the CTT as indeed she comes very close to CTT territory. However if you spec the CTT she get's another $15k more expensive. 4-5 months will be quite a wait though, I ordered my CTT in December and I am struggling to cope !!!! Delivery end of this month though, will keep you all in the picture.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Markdsv,

Congrats on your purchase and hope you will get it earlier so you can end your waiting phase

Base price for the turbo in Saudi Arabia is $102640 - a turbo specced exactly like my GTS would turn to be $113400 - thats > $ 33,000 than my order. It is a significant increase. I do not know about Oman, maybe the prices are a bit different or the standard options are less - something like that..

However, my decision was for the sportiness of the GTS rather than a turbo vs non-turbo purchase. Though, my 911 takes the trophy when it comes to sports cars - I still wanted an even sportier feel Cayenne than regular ones. I think the winning combo for the 911 (manual gear box, s engine and -20mm suspension with LSd) is the equivalent of the GTS's steel sprung suspension and specially tuned PASM with the manual gear box

muhri - there was an early review on here about the steel springs and PASM. the writer was disapointed with the combo.

Hi Muhri,

Thank you, the latest delivery date is the 6th of May, fingers crossed.

The base price of CTT in Oman is 39,495 OMR equivalent to 102,754 US$ so pretty similar. I went overboard a bit and ended up with a total of 52,495 OMR (136,576 USD) . You live only once and as my X5 was top spec I didn't want to compromise on anything .

On Thursday I am heading for Leipzig in Germany for the test drive and driving school, I cannot wait !!!! Nice boys weekend as my dad is going to join me, wifie told me to get lost (didn't want to fly 17hrs to drive a CTT )

Cheers,

Mark

CPA4S - Personally, I prefer steel springs and the reviews on suspension can be subjective. Its all down to personal preference. A lot of people do not like the -20 mm suspension with LSD on the 911, I deem it as a must and other support my opinion. Books can be written on debates. Can you point me to that review? As far as I know, all the reviews I read were positive regarding the standard setup of the GTS suspension, as a matter of fact, its a distinguishing feature. Otherwise, it'd feel as if you were driving an S or a Turbo. Kind of defies the whole point.

Markdsv, enjoy mate! Take lots of pics

FYI all GTS in US comes with air suspension standard...

SciFrog, I know - due to some rules at the US about height of the car. Its a 0$ cost item to order Air Suspension here. You only pay if you wanted to add PDCC to the Air Suspension to get you back to the point where the car feels almost like Steel Spring and PASM

bad reviews of GTS standard set up can be found in GT porsche mag and EVO mag. GT porsche also suggest going with manual as tiptronic is not suited to the new engine upgrade. cheers

Don't have those magazines handy or access to them as a matter of fact, any scans?

I ticked the box for manual

Found the Evo magazine review here:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/213540/porsche_cayenne.html

Seems to me they are bitter to the whole car though.

It is a no brainer to me at least and coming from a nut-head steel sprung loving suspension dude driving a -20mm suspension 911 that this setup is sportier. However, if you want to spend the extra money on air suspension and PDCC in my opinion you would be getting a masked feeling of what the car limits are.

scans of the gt magazine are welcome

Car delayed, instead of getting a slot for June production, they got a spot for August production
    Most probably won't have the car till mid Oct

picked up my GTS on Saturday the 21st. lot of options similar to yours that someone had ordered special and then backed out on it.

you will love that manual tranny!

Congrats CPA4S, I'm sure I will - enjoy it!! so you ended up taking the plunge with the ready car with no PDCC?

Did you trade in your CTT? Post pics man

swapped the Turbo in and they gave me retail value on the trade. it had 4,900km so was as good as new.

in the end i figured that if i love this machine as much in a year as i have for the last 10 days of using a loaner, then i might just roll this one in and order a totaly loaded exactly what i want from the last model run.

here is a pic i posted on another thread here. it is going to be raining for a the week, so new ones may be harder to get. this was the 10 day loaner my dealer gave me - the 911 engine expired with an IMS failure - mine has thermal glass, aluminimum grills, aluminimum drip strips and i think i will put a silver Porsche crest on the hood.

Enjoy it mate, I can't wait for mine

muhri - the one i drove for 10 days or so did not have the servotronic and the one i got does have that option.

if i were to order another, i would drop that option. it insulates the wheel too much. nice around town and parking but the unassisted had a better feel imo.

Well, finally after 7 months of waiting - the car is here - I picked it up this afternoon :D - The price increased by $5k but that was announced by Porsche.. The dealership threw in a bunch of freebies (Baby seat, rubber floor mats, cargo liner, tool kit, care kit and Porsche torch) they are also looking at getting me the illuminated door sills with the Cayenne in white and GTS in red though we can't find a part number for it. Looks like it has to be an exclusive new car option only :(

Also, for 2009 some options became standard for the middle east cars including Air suspension - so I got Air suspension though I wanted steel suspension but you can no longer get that option in the middle east.. However the car is still a blast to drive, it feels like my 911 just sits a bit higher :D

for now here are some pics to hold you guys over until I take some better shots including good shots of the beautiful red/black interior :D

--
    05 Carrera S -20mm suspension Basalt Back/Terracotta 09 Cayenne GTS (GTS Red/Black) -- On order

Guys, any recommendation on child seat placement? I got the Porsche Child Seat that is suitable for 1-7 years old kids.
    --
    05 Carrera S -20mm suspension Basalt Back/Terracotta 09 Cayenne GTS (GTS Red/Black)

Hi Muhri,

Congratulations with your new baby, she looks great, very nice color !!!

Wrt to the child seat, I didn't buy the Porsche child seat as they are very expensive. As my son is nearly 5, we are using a proper MotherCare child seat (non isofix) which uses the seatbelt itself and basically raises Isaac and gives neck and side support. I have Isaac behind me on the rear seats, mainly as we park the cars next to eachother and the drivers side has the most space.

Cheers,

Mark

--
    2008 Cayenne Turbo 2007 BMW X5 4.8is (sold) 2007 Landcruiser Prado 1997 Wrangler TJ 1957 LR

Thanks Mark, she's a blast to drive - it feels like driving a big 911 :D

I ended up putting the seat behind me just like you. THe seat I got (as a gift actually from the dealer) is very nice and has isofix. It has an impact table which houses the belt as well - The seat cover is also alcantara like material which matches the GTS interior quite well ...

--
    05 Carrera S -20mm suspension Basalt Back/Terracotta 09 Cayenne GTS (GTS Red/Black)

Hi Murhi,

Again congratulations, I really like the GTS and you will love to handle her in manual mode and to really make her shiftSmiley.

Nice to get a wee give from your dealer, I think it is a nice touch !

Obviously you need to show us some more pictures of your GTS !!!!!

Happy driving, enjoy.

Cheers,

Mark
    PS, maybe we can all meet up for the inaugural F1 race in Abu Dhabi next year ! (Lewis well done !!!!!!!)

--
    2008 Cayenne Turbo 2007 BMW X5 4.8is (sold) 2007 Landcruiser Prado 1997 Wrangler TJ 1957 LR

Thanks Mark, I will definitely take better pics soon with the interior which I'm sure you guys will love.. Sure, if I can make it, we'll met :D
    --

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688941 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408901 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255615 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234875 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65453 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4640 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857722 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773673 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM