Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Canadian F1 Grand Prix

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    MKW said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:

How can you take Hamilton seriously as a complete sports person (in spite of his huge talent as a driver), when in his entourage is father Anthony (aka CGT crasher), P Diddy and that other female popstar?

Agree. We all know white sports stars only hang out with Nobel laureates and global warming spokespersons and spend all their free time teaching sexual abstinence and avoidance of alcohol and recreational drugs to schoolchildren,when not practicing the oboe.

Erm, I dont think Reginos brought Hamiltons skin color into this. What does black or white have anything to do with this?

Absolutely my comment didn't relate at all to race or colour. It is that IMO popstar and celebrity types are not good influence on sports persons. Look at the sporting achievements of Beckham for example since he joined the celebrity circle, not to mention how the downfall of the miserable Paul Casgoigne (anyone outside the UK remember him?) started.

At least Nicole is making her own money as opposed to the average female groupie you see hanging in the paddock.

You guys seem to be very angry with hamilton.

I didn't watch the race, but just saw the incident on youtube.

It's hamilton's mistake but I have to say that it's mostly the pitlane's decision to give a red light taht caused the accident. It's very unsusual. to say the least. What were they supposed to do? there was a cue of cars coming in and out of the pit lane.

Everyone was rushing to get to the exit first. You can loose or gain a place very easily in the pitlane. It's a stupid mistake but it was even more stupid to give them a red light. Anyone would have been surprised IMHO.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    At least Nicole is making her own money as opposed to the average female groupie you see hanging in the paddock.

Tell me what's Nicole from Pussycat Dolls got to do with comments from regions?
    Nothing ? I guess so...

I just agreed that reginos is not a rasist.

...and Vanilla Ice is a moron IMO.

Quote:
    amazon said:
    You guys seem to be very angry with hamilton.

I didn't watch the race, but just saw the incident on youtube.

It's hamilton's mistake but I have to say that it's mostly the pitlane's decision to give a red light taht caused the accident. It's very unsusual. to say the least. What were they supposed to do? there was a cue of cars coming in and out of the pit lane.

Everyone was rushing to get to the exit first. You can loose or gain a place very easily in the pitlane. It's a stupid mistake but it was even more stupid to give them a red light. Anyone would have been surprised IMHO.

Well said, couldn't agree more.

Yeah. It was very hectic and everybody was focusing on not losing position. I mean 7 highly competitive cars just went straight into the pit. Giving them a red light is asking for trouble. Hamilton crashed, so did Rosberg, Alonso was just a few meters away from crashing and I bet that the other cars would have gotten tangled up if Hamilton hadn't crashed.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Yeah. It was very hectic and everybody was focusing on not losing position. I mean 7 highly competitive cars just went straight into the pit. Giving them a red light is asking for trouble. Hamilton crashed, so did Rosberg, Alonso was just a few meters away from crashing and I bet that the other cars would have gotten tangled up if Hamilton hadn't crashed.

Let's not forget that this supposed to be the pinnacle of motor sports. The light was red for some time and Raikkonen and Kubica had been stopped for a couple of seconds. If you did that on the street it hard would be hard to defend yourself by saying that it was a stupid place for a red light!

Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:

Let's not forget that this supposed to be the pinnacle of motor sports. The light was red for some time and Raikkonen and Kubica had been stopped for a couple of seconds. If you did that on the street it hard would be hard to defend yourself by saying that it was a stupid place for a red light!

Bingo!

Quote:
    JoeRockhead said: If you did that on the street it would be hard to defend yourself by saying that it was a stupid place for a red light!

Maybe, but it happens a thousand times a day the world over on the street.
    This time it happened twice in a pit lane (to Hamilton and Piquet).

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    JoeRockhead said: If you did that on the street it would be hard to defend yourself by saying that it was a stupid place for a red light!

Rarely to people who are getting paid millions to be behind the wheel though.

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    I hope Alonso, does podium today !!

his bad luck, and personal errors have to end now, its time this bad luck passes to others !

Upppsssssss ( )

Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:

Rarely to people who are getting paid millions to be behind the wheel though.

But this incident was in race conditions, hardly the same comparison for normal street lights don't you think? However, I will concede that someone wasn't paying attention, very much like on the street...

What is surprising is that the 2 drivers in front, battling each other BOTH saw the light and BOTH stopped. They ALSO were busy doing something.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    I hate Vanilla Ice...

I detect racism in this sentence!!!!

Not angry with Hamilton at all (more amused).
    I was quite happy to see Kubica's first win and taking the points lead. Hamilton has a great talent, it's just too bad that his mouth is even bigger.

Hamilton's latest statement is that he thinks his 10 place grid penalty at the French GP is too harsh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7445657.stm

He's being advised badly IMO.

Here's the shunt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYlGakDwLxg

Kubica: "We all pitted together," said the Pole. "I saw Kimi side by side with me. "Then I just heard a big shunt and saw Kimi's moving and realised it was Lewis. He was over Kimi's rear wing. "I just kept concentrating waited for the green light and managed to pull away well. "I have to thank him that he shunts Kimi and not me."

Lewis: "I saw the two guys in front of me battling in the pit lane and all of a sudden they stopped. I saw the red light but it was too late to stop. I don't think it's a racing incident. It's just unfortunate when this stuff happens. It is a lot different if you crash into the wall and you are angry with yourself. I apologise to Kimi if I ruined his race. I would rather neither of us be out. I was so quick I was breezing it.

"We'd looked so strong for the whole weekend though, so at least we can leave Montreal confident that we have a package that will enable us to fight for the world championship from here on in."

Kimi: "I'm not angry but what Hamilton did was inexplicable. More, it was stupid." and "I'm not the right person to talk about a shunt, given what happened in the last race but it is one thing to collide on the track in the heat of the race and another in the pit lane when you are stopped at a red light."

English ITV version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLXJDQCL8I

Quote:
    Markdsv said:
    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    I hope Alonso, does podium today !!

his bad luck, and personal errors have to end now, its time this bad luck passes to others !

Upppsssssss ( )

ssshhhh, dont say that too loud !!!

damn !!!, Alonso was great, but the he couldnt overtake heidfield, and sum up his damn error!!!

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Alonso was great, but the he couldnt overtake heidfeld, and sum up his damn error!

He informed the team via radio about some issue with the gearbox. Wonder if it was reason for or the outcome of the spin.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Alonso was great, but the he couldnt overtake heidfeld, and sum up his damn error!

He informed the team via radio about some issue with the gearbox. Wonder if it was reason for or the outcome of the spin.

It looked very much like a gearbox failure. The car spun suddenly, and in all fairness it didn't look like Alonso made any error in the corner.

Alonso thinks 2008 is a write off for Renault:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7447592.stm

I'm quite surprised that so few people here on Rennteam and also in the media have discussed the team orders within BMW that forced Heidfeld to move aside for Kubica last weekend. I know Heidfeld was heavier on fuel but they were racing for position with quite a long distance of the race left. I would be disregarding that and racing for position if I were Heidfeld! People are saying that Kubica is outperforming Heidfeld (which he has been doing consistently all season except in Melbourne) but it's kind of hard to outperform Kubica at Montreal if the team instructs you to move over.

Just my 2 pence.

I thought it was very well done to let Kubica get past, but not Alonso. The gap that Kubica opened up showed his car was running lighter. That kind of teamwork only improves my opinion of Heidfeld.

Red light in an F1 race? What a joke. I have watched that replay over a dozen times and the thing that still makes me laugh is a RED LIGHT in the middle of the race. It's bad enough that all auto racing, from the pinnacle of open wheel racing in F1 to the dark depths of pushrod V8/leaf spring shock/front-engine POS NASCAR racing, has caution laps and red flag stops (mandatory if there is debris and/or carnage), but a red light out of the pits when everyone else is running? In a multi-gazillion dollar sporting enterprise like F1? What a joke. Next we'll see stop signs and no right turn on red signs.

Montreal needs to either revise the track layout allowing safer pit exit (hard given the geographic confines they are dealing with) or F1 should move the race elsewhere.

If Tony Stewart had to deal with this in a NASCAR race, he would have properly mocked the race coordinators at the post-race conference. Red light in an F1 race? I still can't believe it....

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Red light in an F1 race? What a joke. I have watched that replay over a dozen times and the thing that still makes me laugh is a RED LIGHT in the middle of the race. It's bad enough that all auto racing, from the pinnacle of open wheel racing in F1 to the dark depths of pushrod V8/leaf spring shock/front-engine POS NASCAR racing, has caution laps and red flag stops (mandatory if there is debris and/or carnage), but a red light out of the pits when everyone else is running? In a multi-gazillion dollar sporting enterprise like F1? What a joke. Next we'll see stop signs and no right turn on red signs.

Montreal needs to either revise the track layout allowing safer pit exit (hard given the geographic confines they are dealing with) or F1 should move the race elsewhere.

If Tony Stewart had to deal with this in a NASCAR race, he would have properly mocked the race coordinators at the post-race conference. Red light in an F1 race? I still can't believe it....

Ummm, and hand waved flags are advanced technology? Race starts are governed by RED lights that go GREEN and the pits have been governed by lights for a long time now. I'm not exactly sure what is so scoff worthy.

Massa and Montoya, I believe, have been disqualified for exiting the pits under a red light. This is not unheard of or even particularly out of the ordinary.

Quote:
    HoboPie said:
    Ummm, and hand waved flags are advanced technology? Race starts are governed by RED lights that go GREEN and the pits have been governed by lights for a long time now. I'm not exactly sure what is so scoff worthy.

Exactly. The Red light at pit exit only turns red in certain circumstances, e.g. when the cars behind the safety car passes the pit exit. That way, the positions don't get mixed up.

However it was an extremely silly mistake to oversee this. McLaren admitted that they warned Hamilton via radio, but possibly to late.

The rules are highly ambiguous and need to be revised. If Hamilton didn't run into Kimi, Kimi would have gotten in to trouble anyways because overtaking under safety car is against the rules. He would have received a stop-and-go penalty which would have ruined the race for him.

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:

Bite your tongue! The race has been held there for decades. Some knob ignores a red light and they should move the race to another track? If this happened in a NASCAR race I would have slept through it.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    The rules are highly ambiguous and need to be revised. If Hamilton didn't run into Kimi, Kimi would have gotten in to trouble anyways because overtaking under safety car is against the rules. He would have received a stop-and-go penalty which would have ruined the race for him.

Love the cartoon!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777980 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441990 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262926 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261162 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85414 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5684 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880836 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816388 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM