Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Canadian F1 Grand Prix

I expect McLaren will again be competitive on this track.

Now that we have had plenty of races this season, so much of the uncertainty has lifted as to which teams are at the top. I just hope this season carries on being exciting and that there isn't too much predictability otherwise boredom will set in. The rain mixed things up very nicely in Monaco.

Let's see what this race brings.

Re: Canadian F1 Grand Prix

Circuit gilles villneuve is a very attractive course and very spectator friendly. I saw many races here in F1's golden age of the mid and late 1980's. Stood next to lauda in the pits, rode an elevator in my hotel with mansell and wife, and stood close enough to the track to see Senna and Prost's eyes clearly as they drove past with brake discs' glowing orange.

A great place to see F1.

The only race of the season on the North American continent!
    A mere 2000 kilometers to drive and I get to see a race in person at 1:00 in the afternoon.
    That's so much better than watching the race on TV at 7:00 in the morning.

Potential for rain is looking strong once again.

It's a fast course - Aero downforce is not terribly important. Speed is. I think Ferrari may be better suited for this race. BMW as well.
    Expect Toyota to move up the ranks.

Renault, Williams, etc. not too good. They're down on power.

Got to watch Lewis win his first there last year in person - sat at the exit of the hairpin so it was nice to see Kubica survive!
    Will be at the entrance of the hairpin this year - watch for me on TV It's going to be a great drive there from KC and an even better race if we can get the RAINDANCE from Kansas to be effective.

See ya there Gladstone - any other Rennteam F1 fans going to attend?

I think this will be a Ferrari race. I am calling Kimi to win this one.

I've been going to the canadian GP for 20 years and have a great seat in Grandstand 12 in front of the Senna corner. Just found out I have to be at a meeting in Boston that Sunday and won't be able to attend. Anyone needing an extra ticket should let me know by Wednesday night.

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    Got to watch Lewis win his first there last year in person - sat at the exit of the hairpin so it was nice to see Kubica survive!
    Will be at the entrance of the hairpin this year - watch for me on TV It's going to be a great drive there from KC and an even better race if we can get the RAINDANCE from Kansas to be effective.

See ya there Gladstone - any other Rennteam F1 fans going to attend?

I'll be at the entrance to the hairpin too! I've been twice already, once two years ago and once the year before that, incredible place to be!

The cars driving around the city are insane...

The cars on the streets are quite lively this evening.
    The 599 does have a nice sound.
    Hamilton really ran well, but Kubica was very impressive.
    Humorous light rain shower immediately after qualifying.30% chance of rain for tomorrow.

I hope Alonso, does podium today !!

his bad luck, and personal errors have to end now, its time this bad luck passes to others !

4th position with the r28, is just completely out of this world, specially for the r28, which the canadian circuit is probably the worse track for their car....

Alonso is in that position, not because the car(no way), because of his hands....also he could have finished in 5th position if webber didnt hit the wall, but well.....either way it would have been a great Q3....

I see Hamilton, controlling the entire race, starting 1rst and finishing first !

Incredible how Hamilton has destroyed Kimi's race. He should be punished.

hamilton WTF??

Hamilton made a really basic mistake. I am wondering what excuse he will give for this blunder.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Hamilton made a really basic mistake. I am wondering what excuse he will give for this blunder.

Kimi was super fair play with him...what a noob mistake....

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

He will say that he did that for his daddy, because he is a role model for him.

and now Ferrari messed it up too, what was that 2nd stop from Massa?...

First comments by Hamilton:

"I apologize to Kimi if I have ruined his race."

Unbelievable. Is this guy really that ?

LOL, this is what happened from the ITV commentator point of view:

"Hamilton and Raikkonen hit each other in the pitlane"

Fanatism reach new levels.

Quote:
    gangajas said:

I can't believe they have said that (Hamilton/Commentator)!!
    Unbelievable. He deserves a sanction for pit lane speeding...or something...this is just POOR DRIVING and ATTITUDE.

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

in remembering of the Carrera my daddy just destroyed last week!....

At least he had enough reflexes to turn the wheel and crash against his main rival in the WDC:

http://www.tu.tv/videos/accidente-hamilton-canada-2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCONUDJsogM

I wonder if Kimi is going to be punished for exiting the pits under a red light?

Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:

Unbelievable. He deserves a sanction for pit lane speeding...or something...this is just POOR DRIVING and ATTITUDE.

Many Swiss flags today, Jeannot!

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

in remembering of the Carrera my daddy just destroyed last week!....

When I grow up, I wanna be just like my daddy!

Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:

Many Swiss flags today, Jeannot! [/quote

Well, not soccer, not Federer...

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    At least he had enough reflexes to turn the wheel and crash against his main rival in the WDC:

http://www.tu.tv/videos/accidente-hamilton-canada-2008

Well, it really looks like it...However I cannot believe this was deliberate...When you brake and you are too fast, you turn wheels...(left??? lol)

really nice, both sauber on the podium. But what a silly crash from Hamilton while coming out of the box on Kimi. And Iceman just remainding with the hands to Hamilton: Haven't you see the red light.

Hamilton will lose 10 places on the grid for the French GP.

Once again FIA's Ferrari bias is in practice. Hamilton and Rosberg made errors, received a penalty. Kimi plough into Sutil in Monaco but walks away with a clean slate.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Once again FIA's Ferrari bias is in practice. Hamilton and Rosberg made errors, received a penalty. Kimi plough into Sutil in Monaco but walks away with a clean slate.

LOL! What about this?

LH can't really complain about how he has been treated since he entered F1

Quote:
    gangajas said:

I long said Hamilton is a jerk. He should be penalized - I suggest losing 12 pts.

OTOH Kimi was very controlled. I would not have blamed him if he had punched Lewis to the ground.

Quote:
    luwalira said:

I think there is a huge difference between losing control of your car at 300+ km/h while breaking hard, and not being able to spot a basic thing like a red light at the pitlane exit.
    Kimi's driving at Monaco was unfortunate, perhaps a result of wanting to make up for lost time/points, who knows - and in any case sickeningly bad luck for Sutil who deserved the points more than any that day.

FWIW Kimi repeatedly excused his error, also to Sutil personally.

Hamilton is a tremendously gifted young driver. Fast and very very stabil for a rookie/2. seasoner.
    Having said that, I more and more believe that he lacks a basic quality to ever become a truly great driver, and his mistake today demonstrated that: Either he cant multitask or he doesn't have the ability to keep cool when it really counts.
    His mistake today was a rookie mistake. Something you do in your first race.
    Much like his previous button-fumbling and sand-trap mishaps were in 07.

I have no doubts that his mistake today was very unintentional, since it destroyed his own race, too. If he had only fracked up his own race, that would've been fine. Instead he also ended Kimi's race.
    Why he chose to ram Kimi and not Kubica, one can only guess.
    Perhaps he thought Kimi was overtaking Kubica - or perhaps his subconscience made the choice for him. Who knows.

Now he gets a 10-place penalty for Magny-Cours. That's probably fair enough.
    No matter what happens, this probably wont lessen the admiration of both ITV commentators and other Hamilton fans, who are more blinded by his ability to drive fast at an early age while being PC, colored and marketable - than his lack of ability to perform even the simplest tasks behind an F1 wheel.

My prediction is he will end in top 3 this year.
    Whether he will ever be a legendary champ or simply disappear with time remains to be seen. My money is on the latter. He has the skill in the fastness department, but lacks something when it comes to focus.
    And he either has to learn that pretty quickly or really make up for it by winning every race he finishes (assuming that his mistakes will make him DNF for the rest).
    A lot of people find him an interesting driver - and he probably does a lot of good PR-wise for the sport and his team. However, I for one could do without him in F1. I hate his attitude and find his driving erratic at best.

From F1.com:
    Commenting on the incident, Hamilton said:
    "As I exited the box, I saw two cars jostling for position ahead of me in the pit lane. Obviously, I didn't want to get involved in their tussle, and was trying not to do so, and then all of a sudden they stopped. And by the time they'd come to a halt, it was too late for me to avoid them. It's just unfortunate when stuff like this happens, but I have no argument with the stewards."

"There's not much I can say," was Raikkonen's reaction. "My race was ruined by Hamilton's mistake. Obviously, anyone can make mistakes, as I did two weeks ago in Monaco, but it's one thing to make a mistake at two hundred (miles) per hour but another to hit a car stopped at a red light. I am not angry because that doesn't achieve anything and does not change my result! I am unhappy, because I had a great chance of winning."

A straight apology (not "if I ruined his race..") from Fumbleton would have been in order here.
    How Kimi managed to not bitchslap Hamilton after the incident, I dont know. I think I would have had I been in Kimi's shoes.
    I guess these guys are used to these mistakes.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776931 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441608 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262729 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260879 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85144 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5531 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880590 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815766 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM