Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Mission E...the future of Porsche?

SciFrog:

Nick, I am sure you are correct, but until now the Taycan is a vaporware with no price, no specs and no release date.

And a horrible name!

Factory is almost done, prototypes are running strong at Weissach.

No real spy photos doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means Porsche hasn't decided to leak it yet.

No published specs doesn't mean it doesn't exist either, it just means no one has ben able to leak them yet.

The release date has been set, but again Porsche is not allowing that to be known yet.

As for price, it doesn't matter either, people will buy them anyways, simply because it makes any Tesla looked dated. 

Part of it actually had been tested at Pikes Peak earlier. 

Porsche doesn't need to release half ass-ed products simply to prop up stock prices to stay off bankruptcy.

--

I am excited to see this car.

that is the first EV car I am interested in and hope for its success. I know what to expect and I am sorry to say at the price Tesla is asking for that finish...it is a bit of a joke and leave plenty of space for Porsche to propose high end spec alternative solution.

I want to see the size and price in regards to its category which is supposedly the E-class. If they do it right, Porsche will turn into a semi EV company indecision

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Will it come in 2019 or 2020?

presented in 19, on the road in 2020.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

Discussed this car with Mark W during dinner in Jerez last week. He told me that for being a electric car (we both, as most of you, still prefer engines with sound😎) it’s amaziiiiing.

He said that when he did his first test of the pro type, he was some what surprised when they told him to “floor it”. He asked if they were sure, since it normally is restrictions from the development guys when he first test a car. Yes, just go out there and push as much as you want, they said.

So he did...... And this car, no matter how it looks (too much like the P I personally think), is REALLY going! Very capable and with nice feeling in every aspect according to MW👊🏼kiss

For how long is another question, but that remains to be aswered later.

The farmer:

For how long is another question, but that remains to be aswered later.

it can't be worst than the regular 3 which has a tank leak when you are on track... Smiley

as long as you have around 400kms of autonomy and do not required a full night to recharge the battery it is fine. let's compromise on a hour fast charging for 80% or something like that and it will be viable.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

Nick, I am sure you are correct, but until now the Taycan is a vaporware with no price, no specs and no release date.

And a horrible name!

Factory is almost done, prototypes are running strong at Weissach.

No real spy photos doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means Porsche hasn't decided to leak it yet.

No published specs doesn't mean it doesn't exist either, it just means no one has ben able to leak them yet.

The release date has been set, but again Porsche is not allowing that to be known yet.

As for price, it doesn't matter either, people will buy them anyways, simply because it makes any Tesla looked dated. 

Part of it actually had been tested at Pikes Peak earlier. 

Porsche doesn't need to release half ass-ed products simply to prop up stock prices to stay off bankruptcy.

--

They won't. Smiley As much as I don't agree with Porsche's model strategy for the future, the products coming are impressive. Tesla is running out of time, they just don't know it (or do they? Smiley).

I wouldn't be surprised seeing Elon Musk supporting president Trump soon because he (Musk) supports higher tariffs on EU cars to keep the competition away. Smiley Smiley

VW Group is pushing the EV matter hard, very very hard on all levels. Again, i do not agree with their strategy because I think it isn't the time (yet) but their products will shake up the EV industry big time, especially when it comes to high(er) volume and performance models.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

They better have a real good strategy because if they think they will flood the street with cheaper better vehicles than Tesla will have whenever these EV come out without canibalizing their own existing lines and their legendary margins, they could be in for a rude awakening. Porsche is too good for that, they will not make that mistake and will have to price the cars higher.

For example, all the rumors so far point to vehicles price in the middle of the existing range with performances beating the current top end. That translates into a loaded Macan EV for around $75-80k beating a Macan turbo in dynamics and acceleration. I would buy this in an instant to replace my Macan turbo and indeed Tesla would be in real trouble. But then who will buy any other Macan than the EV one? All the “turbo” model sales would collapse in suburban USA along with Porsche margins.

SciFrog:

They better have a real good strategy because if they think they will flood the street with cheaper better vehicles than Tesla will have whenever these EV come out without canibalizing their own existing lines and their legendary margins, they could be in for a rude awakening. Porsche is too good for that, they will not make that mistake and will have to price the cars higher.

For example, all the rumors so far point to vehicles price in the middle of the existing range with performances beating the current top end. That translates into a loaded Macan EV for around $75-80k beating a Macan turbo in dynamics and acceleration. I would buy this in an instant to replace my Macan turbo and indeed Tesla would be in real trouble. But then who will buy any other Macan than the EV one? All the “turbo” model sales would collapse in suburban USA along with Porsche margins.

You don't seem to understand. Some EVs will completely replace their internal combustion engines sooner or later, incl. the Macan. It may take longer than many expect (charging infrastructure, etc.) but it will happen. Not in one or two years, maybe not in five years but maybe in 10 years. VW Group started a certain EV process and it won't stop.

I told you, I think this is too fast and they started rushing it but maybe I'm wrong. 

If Tesla can barely cope with the Tesla S, Tesla X and Tesla 3 production, I doubt they are going to put something new and sensational on the market over the next couple of years.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Porsche CEO already mentioned that Mission E is their biggest bet and investment on top of being aware that the margin will be affected for sometime to find a decent space within the new EV car range and then the margin will be back to normal.

they love money for sure and want to protect their margin but we need to remember that they are sitting right now on a pile of money and investing more than 2 billions and hiring around 3,000 employees for the Mission E is no joke. serious bet here.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

Whoopsy:

The concept was a parsec ahead of any Tesla, the production version while tamed down is still light years ahead.

More than 3.62 light years hopefully. Otherwise it would still fall behind the Teslas, according to your comparison. 

Sorry, had to geek out and get technical  Smiley

SciFrog:

It doesn't even need to be cheaper, Even at the same price no one will buy the Tesla. 

A Birkin for 12k or a Coach for 12k. Easy decision.

Tesla better bring their Model S price down to around 40k if they want to stay in the game. The premium market is not theirs. Tesla was and never will be a premium brand name. For Tesla to succeed it will need to win in pricing.

--

Enmanuel:
    Whoopsy:

The concept was a parsec ahead of any Tesla, the production version while tamed down is still light years ahead.

More than 3.62 light years hopefully. Otherwise it would still fall behind the Teslas, according to your comparison. 

Sorry, had to geek out and get technical  Smiley

Really you had to googled that? Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

It doesn't even need to be cheaper, Even at the same price no one will buy the Tesla. 

A Birkin for 12k or a Coach for 12k. Easy decision.

Tesla better bring their Model S price down to around 40k if they want to stay in the game. The premium market is not theirs. Tesla was and never will be a premium brand name. For Tesla to succeed it will need to win in pricing.

That's going to be hard to do since they have never been able make a profit even at their current prices Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Saw the first local German police BMW i3 yesterday, slowly but steadily, the government switches to EVs. Also companies like the German postal service.

--

The key is in battery prices. How come no one is asking why Tesla S are the same price when batteries probably cost 3 times less to produce than a few years ago? angry

Had the factory tour today. It was brilliant and I can recommend it to all. No sections were off limits as there was nothing controversial coming down the line. The only reference to the 992 I could see was in the upholstery room where there were leather colours for the 992 listed next to the 991 on a colour chart. Lots of GT3RS and a few GT2RS along with 718s. The non-GT 911s I saw were presumably T's. There were also a few Targas on the production line.

Someone who has seen the pre-production cars indicated that the Mission-E shape will be largely maintained. There will be changes for compliance, eg B pillar introduced, though I was assured there would not be a wholesale shift towards Panamera styling.

I am sure Whoopsy can speak more definitively about this.

All in all a great day.

Ring tomorrow. The steak on the stone at the Pistenklause is excellent!

Who? Me?  Got nothing on the Mission E to talk about! 

--

Don’t believe you!

DJM48:

. Lots of GT3RS and a few GT2RS along with 718s. The non-GT 911s I saw were presumably T's. There were also a few Targas on the production line.

Did you see mine ? It is on the production line this  week Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS ( SOLD ) 

You can request photos of it bring made. We were not allowed cameras though there was an official Porsche photographer there taking images of a specific car as it when through the production line. The images are then presented to the owner.

270 cars per day off the line! Little robots driving trays of parts everywhere. Very very cool!

Congrats on the incoming car  wink

Had not appreciated Nico Rosberg was an aspiring YouTuber!

A bit light on substance but some nice pictures from within the Porsche Museum 

https://youtu.be/bwt6H7vTB_w

Thanks for sharing that

kiss

DJM48:

Had not appreciated Nico Rosberg was an aspiring YouTuber!

A bit light on substance but some nice pictures from within the Porsche Museum 

https://youtu.be/bwt6H7vTB_w

Wow... so after Max Verstappen, Nico Hulkenberg and Mark Webber, Nico is getting a 2RS as well... Porsche must be doing something well!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

For me as a long time car enthusiast, the current GT2 RS is the most visually arresting and thrilling production sports car ever made.

No Mac F1, no Countach, Diablo or Aventador and no F40s, Enzos , Speciales or Pistas and no Bugattis come close to the sense of intense power and to the absolute focus on speed and purpose that this special Porsche gives.

Lucky are those who can afford the GT2 RS but most of all blessed are those who are talented to drive it fully kiss

EVs? For the time being I despise them Smiley

As to Nico Rosberg, he is a very good communicator and a very smooth guy, a patrician among all these F1 peasants Smiley. Porsche should pick him up as a brand ambassador/driver, especially since he is coming from Mercedes-AMG.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

According to an article by Motor1. The Cross Turismo will come in 2021!

--

This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

New info on the Taycan...confirmed by Porsche.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/porsche-taycan-employs-two-high-tech-electric-motors-puts-600-hp/

--

This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

New info on the Taycan...confirmed by Porsche.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/porsche-taycan-employs-two-high-tech-electric-motors-puts-600-hp/

"each has a current of roughly 4 volts"

SmileySmiley

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991.2 GT2 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

Doh! 

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763015 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435657 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260671 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257676 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80980 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5323 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872563 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808004 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM