Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New Zonda model coming out

Anybody heard of this?

Re: New Zonda model coming out

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Anybody heard of this?

No.

But great post anyway.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Anybody heard of this?

No.

But great post anyway.

HAHAHA! Your sense of humour always get me Rossi

There is a limited road version of the Zonda R, with 50 less hp than the R (700hp). Only 5 will be made. No one else heard of this?

Do you have a link to this news Mike?

No I got the info and pics directly from the dealer. I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to talk about it, as I have not seen any articles on the net about it either.

Yes the new version is coming out...

Yes, the Pagani C9, due out in 2009. Replacing the Zonda. Pic below is supposed to be the first mule.

Mike, can you share the pic and info (especially pricing)?

When are you ordering one Mike?

new model??? are you kdding??? damn... mine will take a big depreciation hit now... hehehe

Yes, I read the rumors about it using a SLR, engine!
    There was avideo aswell.

Yes, I saw some articles about it in various mags a few weeks back, I think the new evo also has a small article about it.

I think that it would be very easy to go see Pagani in Bologna and ask him directly. If you are a serious customer, and I think we all know how easy it is to prove so, than he would be very happy to tell you. It's not like he has to worry about guarding any present model line-up like the regular giant manufacturers.

During my visit there three years ago I found all of the people very easy-going and friendly. They are clearly very happy about what they are doing and in no stress to prove themselves to anybody, which makes dealing with them that much easier.

It's like doing shopping with Ettore Bugatti in the twenties and thirties. You came over, had the money, he liked you, deal was done.

Looks like the used engine needs a lot of air! Scoops in the hips like the F430, scoops like the CGT in the bonnet, and that additional periscope-like thunnel to feed it some more... :O
    -Joost-

Hold on, this is not what Mike was talking about. I assume we were all talking about the Zonda replacement, but what Mike is saying is that there is supposed to be some sort of road car spun-off from the R.

Never heard of that one.

I seems to me that the R is being left on the back burner because I think it was supposed to be out sometime now according to original plans. I also heard that the factory should be made bigger for the C9, maybe with development running on the C9 there is no time to go ahead with the R.

Quote:
    MarekN said:
    Hold on, this is not what Mike was talking about. I assume we were all talking about the Zonda replacement, but what Mike is saying is that there is supposed to be some sort of road car spun-off from the R.

Never heard of that one.

I seems to me that the R is being left on the back burner because I think it was supposed to be out sometime now according to original plans. I also heard that the factory should be made bigger for the C9, maybe with development running on the C9 there is no time to go ahead with the R.

You are absolutely correct! It's a variation of the Zonda R. Just road legal - it looks very similar but the small touches to finish it off are amazing!

come on Mike share the magic and post the pic !!!
    along with the info ofcourse

yes Mike do it just after you ordered one. What do you care... they gave you the info! hahaha please share we're all excited to see insider pics

That's it

Zonda R Streetversion

Quote:
    andrea said:
    That's it

Zonda R Streetversion

Lol thats my pic! I was about to post it anyways

It's called the Zonda "Cinque" btw.

yes "Cinque"

Do you have tech-info about?

Quote:
    andrea said:
    yes "Cinque"

Not much, just know it will be 700hp.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    andrea said:
    yes "Cinque"

Not much, just know it will be 700hp.

good numbers. when official press release?

Quote:
    andrea said:
    That's it

Zonda R Streetversion

I like it.

A lot.

Quote:
    Mike S said:Not much, just know it will be 700hp.

Wow.

I still can't believe that Pagani started from scratch and came up with something as good as the Zonda. I don't think I've ever read something bad about that car. Minus the price (understandable though), it seems to be the perfect car IMO : great looks, amazing engine, stunning performance, exclusive interior, apparently easy to drive, etc. Even reliability doesn't seem to be an issue, which is quite frankly amazing considering the performance figures. I've heard of a Zonda having 150,000kms on the clock, and the owner simply goes to a Mercedes dealership for safety checks...

And having a text from Horacio himself wishing you and your family a happy Christmas every year is priceless.

As for performance and reliability, it was a very bold step to actually go for a 7,3 liter engine. It is unstressed, but has monstrous torque and at the same time it has magical throttle response.

The only thing that I know is that the one time I drove it (early F model) it had problems with holding idle and died several times. I saw the one Zonda we have here in the country actually do the same thing. Maybe the fact that I could smell unburned fuel (probably taken out catalysts) had something to do with the lambda electronics and linked faults.

Nothing is perfect, though. It is as hot as hell inside in warm weather and direct sunshine because the canopy is like a bubble helicopter. You could certainly plan your drives around that, though.

The one thing that struck me at the time was the very agricultural action of the handbrake. Simply out of sync with the stunning interior. Carbonfiber structure acting like one big soundboard doesn't help it either.

I would forgive it that in a second, mind you.

Quote:
    MarekN said:
    As for performance and reliability, it was a very bold step to actually go for a 7,3 liter engine. It is unstressed, but has monstrous torque and at the same time it has magical throttle response.

The only thing that I know is that the one time I drove it (early F model) it had problems with holding idle and died several times. I saw the one Zonda we have here in the country actually do the same thing. Maybe the fact that I could smell unburned fuel (probably taken out catalysts) had something to do with the lambda electronics and linked faults.

Nothing is perfect, though. It is as hot as hell inside in warm weather and direct sunshine because the canopy is like a bubble helicopter. You could certainly plan your drives around that, though.

The one thing that struck me at the time was the very agricultural action of the handbrake. Simply out of sync with the stunning interior. Carbonfiber structure acting like one big soundboard doesn't help it either.

I would forgive it that in a second, mind you.

Very interesting to read.

I wasn't aware of the 'problems' you mentioned but, to be honest, I could live with them. Seems to be a very small price to pay, especially for a hand-made supercar.

Quote:
    MarekN said:
    As for performance and reliability, it was a very bold step to actually go for a 7.3 litre engine. It is unstressed, but has monstrous torque and at the same time it has magical throttle response.

Holy cow - 7.3L

That's more capacity than x2 my 3.6L 997TT engine

...bet I still have more torque though (800-830Nm)

http://www.autodrome.fr/pagani_zonda_r_english.htm

Quote:

After nearly one year of development, the real Zonda R is now ready. We had presented the model of this last and final Zonda at the recent Monaco motor Show, as a 1/5 th scale model.

Built upon special order as all Pagani, this extraordinary automobile will put an end to the Zonda dynasty.Time will tell what the next Pagani cars will be, but one thing is sure :

handcrafted traditional Sports Cars like the Zondas are now prohibited by safety and emission legislation, and the next Pagani, codenamed C9 will be very different.

This is why enthusiasts and collectors have begun to look for any available existing Pagani Zonda : these cars will remain - exactly as the MacLaren F1,

the Enzo or the F50, on of the "best of the best" in luxury sports cars. Contact us now for delivery Q3-2008.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688486 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408677 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255514 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234758 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65376 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857551 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773317 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM