Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018)

nberry:

Companies in the US and elsewhere will stop investing and hiring because they have no idea if tariffs will be imposed on their products. The stock market is beginning to feel the affects of this stupid gambit on Trump's part. Trade wars are stupid for both sides.

I fully agree - the US will suffer tremendously from all this volatile political action and continuous breach of contracts. International capital will be invested somewhere else.

SciFrog:

How do you propose to solve the current deficient system then? Just go see Merkel, Xi and Macron and ask them nicely to change their tarifs because they are not fair?

If you include Google, Microsoft etc. there is no "deficient system". It is just a mental problem of Mr Trump. 

MKSGR:
    nberry:

Companies in the US and elsewhere will stop investing and hiring because they have no idea if tariffs will be imposed on their products. The stock market is beginning to feel the affects of this stupid gambit on Trump's part. Trade wars are stupid for both sides.

I fully agree - the US will suffer tremendously from all this volatile political action and continuous breach of contracts. International capital will be invested somewhere else.

+1

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

let's hope for further stupid decisions and maybe getting rid of the $USD as international exchange money smiley

I have 0 bean in the stock exchange and perfectly fine if this super inflated bubble just blow up and remove so many useless flippers and speculators for the car that I like angry

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

...for the car that I like angry

The R8? SmileySmiley

--

MKSGR:
    SciFrog:

How do you propose to solve the current deficient system then? Just go see Merkel, Xi and Macron and ask them nicely to change their tarifs because they are not fair?

If you include Google, Microsoft etc. there is no "deficient system". It is just a mental problem of Mr Trump. 

So much hate. Trump, US, US products, no doubt trump voters too.  Interesting. For as long as I can recall the US is not that bad. Others have bet against Trump, thinking he is dumb or somehow not up to the job.  So far I don’t see them winning nor have I witnessed any crazy Hitler type actions. I have seen the left come out of its hate shell and start to do insane stuff like refuse service in restaurants.  Like the good old days. White conservatives are the new black. 

No tarrifs is the way to go. Current tarrifs against the US are not fair. The question is how to change that?  One thing is certain whatever Trump decides will be hated. Even if it makes perfect sense. Can’t wait. 

Our politics is tribal. No one issue will change voting behavior within the tribe. If the economy tanks, Trump voters will blame Congress and Democrats. They will become even more entrenched.

I don't like Trump and I believe he is bad for the country and the world. When elected I wanted him to succeed. But everything he does seems to create more problems. That said, I disagree with the meme that US products are inferior. I think that is more about perception than fact. 

Christian you are mistaken about Harley Davidson. They ARE moving some production from the US to Europe.

--

Being adventurous can be risky but routine is lethal.

HD is certainly laying off a lot of workers here in Kansas City. Then again I don’t think they were realistic in their business planning. They had problems long prior to any trade war talks.  It’s a fickle market for motorcycles which are, let’s face it, unique. Being kind. 

I agree with Nick that much of this politics is tribal. Not convinced that Trump is bad for the world vs other politicians. I’m willing to support the winners of the elections I take part in (part of a general contract with society) so that their ideas have a chance. Nothing radical about letting ideas which you are certain will fail actually fail to make a point. Four years is nothing in the grand scheme of things.  On the other hand much can be learned and gained if one sets the old ego aside and let’s less than optimal choices point to better ones.  Rather than just oppose. 

bluelines:
    MKSGR:
    nberry:

+1

+1

good recommended reading:

http://orf.at/stories/2444447/2444449/

in german tough, sorry.....but worth while.

Good stuff for my day trading hobby. 😎 Really bad for nervous types who cut and run when they see shadows. I say take advantage of these nice dips in the US market and pick up some cheap stocks. I got out of my usuals last week and into HOS just in time (no Tesla or amazon). Starbucks is cheap too.  Am I worried about international capital avoiding the US?  Like the auto market - may the strongest market win. I don’t see anything on the Horizon which tells me Trump is not pro business and profit.  When you question the current cost basis the market will be shaken while it adjusts. These days that can take seconds. Trade deals take years. I doubt the markets mind the volitility much. They are like me and make crazy money from these swings. As long as there is value underpinning the transactions. May the best stock win. 

SciFrog:

Now that sounds the Merkel way...and it could take 50 years. Smiley Smiley

Trump will get his way but I agree, it is not the way it is supposed to work. Not everything in this world works nice and peachy, so we need to get used to it. Look at North Korea.

I bet you there are secret talks between the US and the EU (and probably Canada, Mexico and China as well) but Trump probably wants to keep the flames in the fire up and high, which can be good but also very counter-productive at some point. We'll see how good of a negotiator he is but no matter if he gets his way or not, this current situation has to end fast because it seriously affects financial markets.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Leawood911:

Good stuff for my day trading hobby. 😎 Really bad for nervous types who cut and run when they see shadows. I say take advantage of these nice dips in the US market and pick up some cheap stocks. I got out of my usuals last week and into HOS just in time (no Tesla or amazon). Starbucks is cheap too.  Am I worried about international capital avoiding the US?  Like the auto market - may the strongest market win. I don’t see anything on the Horizon which tells me Trump is not pro business and profit.  When you question the current cost basis the market will be shaken while it adjusts. These days that can take seconds. Trade deals take years. I doubt the markets mind the volitility much. They are like me and make crazy money from these swings. As long as there is value underpinning the transactions. May the best stock win. 

Yes, "cheap" stocks but if this continues, this can easily change from market nervousness and/or correction into something very serious. I am happy if the markets are volatile but right now, I am more nervous than happy to be honest.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Leawood911:

Yes, "cheap" stocks but if this continues, this can easily change from market nervousness and/or correction into something very serious. I am happy if the markets are volatile but right now, I am more nervous than happy to be honest.

It is most likely there will be a huge worldwide economic crisis in the future - just as this is the pattern of the past and as it reflects human nature. Human nature needs a reset from time to time. It is not nature if things go too well or too bad all the time. Nature is volatility around an average.

The next crisis, it will wipe out a lot of stupid political experiments...

MKSGR:
    RC:
    Leawood911:

It is most likely there will be a huge worldwide economic crisis in the future - just as this is the pattern of the past and as it reflects human nature. Human nature needs a reset from time to time. It is not nature if things go too well or too bad all the time. Nature is volatility around an average.

The next crisis, it will wipe out a lot of stupid political experiments...

unless the current stupid political experiments will wipe out the civilized world. 'they' - in the US and europe,  are more dangerous than IS ever was and will be, and - that is the amazing part of it - they are home made, with great help of people who either cannot get enough or are too stupid to get educated.

Without going into politics: One of my formerly best friends (we haven't seen each other for almost 20 years) is a well known journalist in Germany, he does a lot of stuff for Stern and was even on TV for a couple years. We are having some sort of Messenger back and forth communication for quite some while now, especially about politics and in this case, particularly Trump, Merkel, Putin, USA, Russia, China, immigration/refugees in Europe and so on.

To be honest: I think he lost contact to reality and to real people. Most of his friends are involved with the press as well and I predicted the rise of the AfD (German extreme right party) since Merkel opened the borders but he ignored it and said this will pass soon. Smiley When I told him that the UK will exit the EU, he laughed at me. When I told him that Trump will win, he called me delusional. When I told him that most former Eastern Europe countries like Poland, Hungary, etc. won't accept many refugees, he said they will accept the European idea of solidarity. Yeah, right. Smiley

Even with North Korea, he was wrong: The moment Trump called that meeting with Kim Jong-un off, he sent me a message laughing at me "I told you so, Trump will never talk to the North Koreans".  I told him "wait...this isn't over". Well...I guess he was wrong, again. Smiley

Fact is: People are people. There is nothing new here. They always react the same, they are predictable. They may be better educated and informed in the 21st century but sometimes too much information isn't good either. People need to pick what to trust and they sometimes pick the wrong source. Actually, I would even say that there isn't a source for trusty information. Sometimes it requires a lot of reading to find the truth. Also, many people are just too lazy to think themselves, they rely on the mass media for information and accept everything as a fact. They think they are well informed because they read the daily newspaper or watch the latest news on TV. 

Fake news? This is nothing new, never was new. Just a new word to describe it.

--

RC:

Without going into politics:

Too late. This is the 991.2GT3RS thread and it has been trashed with post after post on politics now talking about trump, voters, etc.

One thing is a quick off topic comment here and there on how tariffs may affect the RS and Porsches in general but this has gone too far imo and should get back to topic.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    RC:

Without going into politics:

Too late. This is the 991.2GT3RS thread and it has been trashed with post after post on politics now talking about trump, voters, etc.

One thing is a quick off topic comment here and there on how tariffs may affect the RS and Porsches in general but this has gone too far imo and should get back to topic.

Agreed. We should discuss tariffs and economic stuff in the Off Topic section. Smiley

--

There is a good likelihood that the 20% tariff will be placed on Porsche cars. That’s over $40,000 on the RS models. Will Porsche absorb the tariff rather than passing it on to the dealers and customers?

My view is they will not. Interestingly the EU and China are negotiating as we speak with an agreement likely in a couple weeks. This agreement is a direct result of Trump’s tariff policies. The US is no longer considered a reliable trading partner. Already the soy farmers in the US are feeling the affects. China the biggest importer of soy from the US has now switched to buying from South America. Once a buyer switches buying habits, it’s difficult to reverse it. 

--

+1

Trump shot himself in the foot with this one (if there was a thread in the off topic section I would have posted there, promise indecision)

--

bluelines:

+1

Trump shot himself in the foot with this one (if there was a thread in the off topic section I would have posted there, promise indecision)

Maybe, maybe not. Smiley

--

RC:
    bluelines:

+1

Maybe, maybe not. Smiley

how does it feel, RC, to be the last trump supporter on european soil? russia excluded of course, there you find many for obvious reasons.

IRONMAN supports Trump and USA in general, RC found to be IRONMAN so equation solved.kiss

hope Trump put the stock exchange market in sinking mode smiley as well, I am fed up of flippers and speculators.angry

too much free money competing with real hard earned money indecision

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

pmarkow:
    nberry:
    watt:
    nberry:

My dealers whether Porsche or Landrover treat me like I am their only customer. From sales to service, they go out of their way to satisfy my requests.Smiley

Yes, like with the problems with your GT3.2Smiley

Watt, my car was driveable. Had I insisted they replace the oil tank immediately they would have. The dealer was in a bind and I accommodated him. That’s why I get the cars everyone wants at MSRP.

Regarding the tariffs, if Europeans believe that the US market for European cars is insignificant watch how the EU cave on the issue. I am against what a Trump is doing but I have a question for Europeans. If US cars are so inferior why are your countries assessing tariffs against them? The US doesn’t place tariffs on European cars entering the US so explain to me why the EU does it.crying

trade is more complicated than that. it does not make sense to say: you have tariffs on our good A, so we put the same tariffs on the same good. i just read an article in the economist (latest issue i guess), which explains very well the overall trade situation and concludes that trump did not do his homework. i do not completely agree with that, most likely he has people who understand basic economics but he does all it takes to please his voters. 

and back to cars: yes american cars are inferior, possibly less now than 15 years ago but still inferior. i guess we all know that. btw, the reason why the US car industry has been catching up is globalization::::))) without that the americans would still be driving those pieces of junk they used to drive 20 years ago.

also i believe that the US market is important for porsche and the other german carmakers but they could digest a shrinking there, which could be balanced by more aggressive pricing elsewhere (asia).

Tariffs are close to "off topic" politics, but the Economist is NOT a credible source for anything, just a shill for globalist govt.  And If you truly look in detail at US trading partner tariffs vs US tariffs, they were designed not equal to fund your [meaning non-US] need for USD through the US trade deficits.  US gained some advantages from printing fake money to buy shit from other countries, but hollowed out its own economy.

Solutions:  Drop USD as reserve currency, something Russia and China are correctly working on. And/or:  return to gold backed/real money.  Again same 2 countries and some others...... see the light - and power latent here.

pmarkow:
    RC:
    bluelines:

+1

Maybe, maybe not. Smiley

how does it feel, RC, to be the last trump supporter on european soil? russia excluded of course, there you find many for obvious reasons.

I am not a Trump supporter, I am a supporter of his politics. Big difference. His behavior is not very presidential but if he gets the job done... We'll see on this one. So far, it seems that he is the only US president who at least tries to keep his promises. 

If you think Russia supports Trump and his politics, you are delusional. Trump is a wild card for Putin, he would have clearly preferred the Democrats in power (remember who enabled Putin to grab Crimea and get directly involved in Syria in the first place? Smiley). Did Russia mingle in the US elections? I think it was kind of an experiment for their intelligence community. "Let's see if we can and how it works...", this was never about helping Trump to win. If the US intelligence community had any evidence that Trump or the people close to him are involved with Russian intelligence, things would look completely different now, believe me. So why are there investigations? Well, the Clinton family is very powerful, so is the Bush family (they hate Trump). Remember? Daddy Bush was DCI, I think many seem to forget. The US intelligence community, like many others, is not one entity which is controlled by one person or one political agenda. There are many different fractions and forces within it. 

Like I said before, you get fed your news without proper analysis. You like what you read/hear, so why bother collecting more information on a topic, right? No wonder most Europeans are anti-Trump, what can they be else if the news about him are always bad? News are not scientific facts or theories, news are often changed in their meaning by just leaving away words, facts or just giving them a certain political tone. I do not expect news to be fair and unbiased Smiley (my journalist friend taught me that I should never have this expectation because journalists are humans too) but I prefer a more neutral reporting, without a certain "undertone". No, I do not like Fox News but the main stream media is as bad as Fox News when it comes to reporting about Trump. They are clearly after him, understandable...he didn't make many friends with the media but still, not the kind of news I want to read or see. I judge people by their doing and not what the press thinks they did and so far, I think that Trump delivers. His methods or better said his behavior towards the media and the public are questionable though, no doubt about it but hey, he is no politician and we all know that politicians are the best actors in the world. Smiley

Could we please stop with politics? We all know how this ends. Many people can't really handle controversial political discussions, they get too emotional. We already lost users over this. There is a reason why we decided to keep such discussions away from this forum. Rennteam is not a forum which enforces stuff like that very strictly but if you want to discuss tariffs and tariffs only, please use the Off-Topic forums. I know that tariffs are a bit political too but we can try to discuss their impact without commenting on the politics involved. Thanks. Smiley

--

watt:
    pmarkow:
    nberry:
    watt:
    nberry:

My dealers whether Porsche or Landrover treat me like I am their only customer. From sales to service, they go out of their way to satisfy my requests.Smiley

Watt, my car was driveable. Had I insisted they replace the oil tank immediately they would have. The dealer was in a bind and I accommodated him. That’s why I get the cars everyone wants at MSRP.

Regarding the tariffs, if Europeans believe that the US market for European cars is insignificant watch how the EU cave on the issue. I am against what a Trump is doing but I have a question for Europeans. If US cars are so inferior why are your countries assessing tariffs against them? The US doesn’t place tariffs on European cars entering the US so explain to me why the EU does it.crying

trade is more complicated than that. it does not make sense to say: you have tariffs on our good A, so we put the same tariffs on the same good. i just read an article in the economist (latest issue i guess), which explains very well the overall trade situation and concludes that trump did not do his homework. i do not completely agree with that, most likely he has people who understand basic economics but he does all it takes to please his voters. 

and back to cars: yes american cars are inferior, possibly less now than 15 years ago but still inferior. i guess we all know that. btw, the reason why the US car industry has been catching up is globalization::::))) without that the americans would still be driving those pieces of junk they used to drive 20 years ago.

also i believe that the US market is important for porsche and the other german carmakers but they could digest a shrinking there, which could be balanced by more aggressive pricing elsewhere (asia).

Tariffs are close to "off topic" politics, but the Economist is NOT a credible source for anything, just a shill for globalist govt.  And If you truly look in detail at US trading partner tariffs vs US tariffs, they were designed not equal to fund your [meaning non-US] need for USD through the US trade deficits.  US gained some advantages from printing fake money to buy shit from other countries, but hollowed out its own economy.

Solutions:  Drop USD as reserve currency, something Russia and China are correctly working on. And/or:  return to gold backed/real money.  Again same 2 countries and some others...... see the light - and power latent here.

+1 on the Economist being a lousy source of economic theory. 

Leawood911:
    watt:
    pmarkow:
    nberry:
    watt:
    nberry:

+1 on the Economist being a lousy source of economic theory. 

the economist has certainly a globalisation-favoring attitude. but which serious non-politically motivated and forward looking economical expert does not? havn't we learned from the chinese wall?

It would be good now , to drop this discussion COMPLETLY in this thread , and share about the GT3 RS , even if there is nothing to say ...

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

I'll say this. There will be a lot of RS's available for Europe and ROW if Trump imposes the 20% tariff on cars entering the US. I for one will refuse to take the car.

Can you imagine paying an additional $40-$50,000 and later the EU and US reach an agreement and the US drops the tariffs? How would the people who had to pay the tariff feel?surprise

--

USA already has one of the lowest prices - if I would be Porsche I would simply add the 20% or distribute the allocations elsewhere. These are homemade problems over there.

Guys, like Gnil said...drop the tariffs discussion in the GT3 RS thread. We have an off-topic section for that. Thanks.

I opened a new thread there (US-EU-China tariffs) if you want to discuss this further but keep in mind that if it goes too much into politics, we will act accordingly. Keep it calm and as much as possible neutral.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689655 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409301 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255784 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235009 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65535 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858066 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774106 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM