Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Audition of Cargraphic Exhaust

Sure is familiar..

great shot Can!

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Off Topic

Darius, does this look familiar? Took this shot during trip w/ my family in 2005.

Is that Lake Como?

Perfetto

Hello Crash,
    Yes, lake Como. Shot taken from a ferry.

Darius,
    Thanks. You are a lucky man to live in such a beautiful place.

Biturbo,
    Yes, I agree that's a pretty derriere. Exhaust tips are meant to be round.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:
    Off Topic

Darius, does this look familiar? Took this shot during trip w/ my family in 2005.

Is that Lake Como?

Can,unfortunately i'm not so "near" the lake..i'm at 25kms..but sure that are great place..also here..but less..

Power curve from Cargraphic. From my brief test drive at below 4500 rpm in Larry's car, I must admit I am not sure I feel any power increase.

I think what's more important is I did not feel any power *LOSS* (butt dyno so please take with a grain of salt). More definite is the more linear power delivery. With stock, there is a delay below 3000 rpm where when one steps on the gas; the engine spools slowly and engine rpm moving up at glacial pace at first, and then boom, at 3200 rpm all hell breaks loose, in itself a lot of fun. With the Cargraphic, the up-tick below 3000 rpm is faster and power delivery feels more natural--not quite there yet but closer to a natural aspirated engine.

When people ask me about travel to Italy, I tell them if you stand in front of that country's map, cover your eyes with one hand and blindly point at the map using the other, your chance of landing in some place beautiful is greater than 95%.

You could tell I have an "Italy travel" fetish? Besides round exhaust tip?

Quote:
    Super Darius said:
    Can,unfortunately i'm not so "near" the lake..i'm at 25kms..but sure that are great place..also here..but less..

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Power curve from Cargraphic. From my brief test drive at below 4500 rpm in Larry's car, I must admit I am not sure I feel any power increase.

I think what's more important is I did not feel any power *LOSS* (butt dyno so please take with a grain of salt). More definite is the more linear power delivery. With stock, there is a delay below 3000 rpm where when one steps on the gas; the engine spools slowly and engine rpm moving up at glacial pace at first, and then boom, at 3200 rpm all hell breaks loose, in itself a lot of fun. With the Cargraphic, the up-tick below 3000 rpm is faster and power delivery feels more natural--not quite there yet but closer to a natural aspirated engine.

My butt dyno,when i put on the CG exhaust,tell only a more regular gain of RPM vs stock,and the engine seems more ready to go than before

sure no power loss,and this as you said is important..

Coming back off topic,i can tell that on saturday afternoon usually i take my Turbo to make some "laps" of the road near the lakes(Como or Lago Maggiore Stresa,Arona)to relax..and both are great place..

Quote:
    cannga said:

BTW, here is a picture I took of your beautiful country.

Quote:
    Super Darius said:
    Cannga

fab picture! I don't know this place...where you was?

OT

Thanks Andrea. It's the east coast of Lake Como, towards the area around Varenna, I think (Darius corrects me if I am wrong.). Shot taken from hotel room's window in Bellagio (not ferry as I reported ealier).

Quote:
    andrea said:

Quote:
    cannga said:
    OT

Thanks Andrea. It's the east coast of Lake Como, towards the area around Varenna, I think (Darius corrects me if I am wrong.). Shot taken from hotel room's window in Bellagio (not ferry as I reported ealier).

Quote:
    andrea said:

grazie!awesome place!

The dealership completed the installation of my Cargraphic exhaust(TUV loud) and IPD plenum today. I had an absolutely wonderful 250 mile drive home. The car is much more responsive, excellerates more willingly and sounds so good. Many thanks to Can, Ed and Eugene for the advise. I can't imagine being happier with the result. Both high quality products that definitely work. If anyone else is contemplating the above modification...you won't be disappointed.

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    The dealership completed the installation of my Cargraphic exhaust(TUV loud) and IPD plenum today. I had an absolutely wonderful 250 mile drive home. The car is much more responsive, accelerates more willingly and sounds so good. Many thanks to Can, Ed and Eugene for the advise. I can't imagine being happier with the result. Both high quality products that definitely work. If anyone else is contemplating the above modification...you won't be disappointed.

Good stuff. However, the 'loud' version is NOT TUV approved...

Quote:
    Cargraphic website:

CARP97TET
    TÜV-Version
    Price: 3.495,00 EUR /2

CARP97TETR
    TÜV-Sound-Version

CARP97TETS
    Super Sound Export-Version

GACARP97TET
    TÜV-certificate for
    CARP97TET/CARP97TETR
    Price: 300,00 EUR /10

I have the TETR version myself as part of my CG powerkit. This still sounds amazing despite being a little quieter.

Quote:
    Alex_997TurboRSC said:
    Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    The dealership completed the installation of my Cargraphic exhaust(TUV loud) and IPD plenum today. I had an absolutely wonderful 250 mile drive home. The car is much more responsive, accelerates more willingly and sounds so good. Many thanks to Can, Ed and Eugene for the advise. I can't imagine being happier with the result. Both high quality products that definitely work. If anyone else is contemplating the above modification...you won't be disappointed.

Good stuff. However, the 'loud' version is NOT TUV approved...

Quote:
    Cargraphic website:

CARP97TET
    TÜV-Version

CARP97TETR
    TÜV-Sound-Version

CARP97TETS
    Super Sound Export-Version

GACARP97TET
    TÜV-certificate for
    CARP97TET/CARP97TETR
    Price: 300,00 EUR /10

I have the TETR version myself as part of my CG powerkit. This still sounds amazing despite being a little quieter.

Alex,

Besides the ECU & Exhaust what does the "CG powerkit" consist of?

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the heads up on the TUV exhaust. I looked under the ehaust and read the plate...it says TUV NO Cargraphic. I must have the export exhaust, the dealer must have made a mistake. I was thinking maybe I'd find the exhaust too loud so I ordered what I thought was a TUV certified exhaust. I'm actually very please with the result...even if it were a mistake. If it were any more muted I would lose enjoyment but that's just me. It's back to the flat six sound... hallelujah
    I can only imagine what the power kit must be like...good lord.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Alex,

See my CG thread: http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...e=2&fpart=1

The Turbos/Exhaust sounds SO 'angry' when you put your foot fully down on the accelerator with the powerkit.

Video: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3699494440127631019

You need to turn your volume RIGHT UP in order to get a 1/10th of the roar!!!

Alex, I checked it again with a mirror and reading glasses ... The TUV No ends in tetr...:-) So it's the sound export version that I have. Thanks for the post.

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    Alex, I checked it again with a mirror and reading glasses ... The TUV No ends in tetr...:-) So it's the sound export version that I have. Thanks for the post.

TETR is the middle version (that I have), TETS is the export version (non TUV).

Just found this TETS video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R__Tl3pk_6Y

Quote:
    LoranTw said:

If TUV is anything like ISO & I think it is, it's basically BS. My company is ISO9001. Customers love it & it sounds great but is basically a sham. In a nut shell all it does it certify that you make your products to exacting standards each & everytime. It doesnt certify a quality product it just certifies that it is made the same way every time. QC etc. So if you make the worst product in the world you can certify that you make it horribly each and every time. It's a crock.

Quote:
    Alex_997TurboRSC said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Alex,

The Turbos/Exhaust sounds SO 'angry' when you put your foot fully down on the accelerator with the powerkit.

So the "kit" is an ECU, exhaust & air filter. And the air filter does nothing. It's not really what you think of when you think of a "kit" like the AWE kit.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Alex_997TurboRSC said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Alex,

So the "kit" is an ECU, exhaust & air filter. And the air filter does nothing. It's not really what you think of when you think of a "kit" like the AWE kit.

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...true#Post357383

So the air filter makes the exhaust sound better for starters.

TUV as covered by RC: http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...true#Post344805

Quote:
    Alex_997TurboRSC said:
    TUV as covered by RC: http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...true#Post344805

TUV, ISO, Basically BS.

Quote:
    Alex_997TurboRSC said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Alex_997TurboRSC said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Alex,

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...true#Post357383

So the air filter makes the exhaust sound better for starters.

I disagree. Didnt hear any difference. That thread is also a year old when the CG exhaust was one of the ONLY options for the Turbo.

Plus there's no power advantage w/ the filter. Matter of fact there's no proof that it doesnt actually hurt power. But I did think about getting it a while back.

You are entitled to your opinion dude; but I seriously couldn't be happier with the sound of my car now, and the ENORMOUS jump in power/torque with the kit. So CG/RST must be doing something right.

More often than not in life: you get what you pay for. Which is why Ruf and CG/RST are pretty much the two most expensive Porsche tuners.

Hi Gregg and Alex: We are all Turbo fans here!

Loran,

You are very welcome; it's always a pleasure to help separate a Porschephile (Porschefool in my case) from his money. I myself "owe" a few people here (dkreidel, edz, AAHTT, Larry, Atomic, etc., etc.) for letting me listen to and even test drive their babies. Anyway, from my brief test drive (I am a couple weeks from installation still. ), yes I agree. Larry's car did accelerate more willingly and feel lighter on its feet with more linear power delivery at the lower rpm range.

If you ever run across a trustworthy driver, let him drive you car while you stand road side and get ready for the firework! This really should be a Cargraphic Exhaust's rite of initiation.
    Enjoy the car in good health.

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    The dealership completed the installation of my Cargraphic exhaust(TUV loud) and IPD plenum today. I had an absolutely wonderful 250 mile drive home. The car is much more responsive, excellerates more willingly and sounds so good. Many thanks to Can, Ed and Eugene for the advise. I can't imagine being happier with the result. Both high quality products that definitely work. If anyone else is contemplating the above modification...you won't be disappointed.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    TUV, ISO, Basically BS.

TÜV is mandatory in Germany, apart from annual, bi- or triannual checks for every motorized vehicle on public roads new components have to have a European or national approval, otherwise the ensurance would be voided.

So unlike the effect of ISO standardisation (which might be debateable), the TÜV approval ensures a substantial functional assurance and compliance. You could've known that.

Fabspeed tip is here, I am stoked! Feels kinda heavy but it is beautifully made and above all, round. I love the industrial & "muscular" look. Installed, the Fabspeed with Cargraphic will stick out just a tad and not flushed with bumper (how I would prefer tips to look).

This one fits stock so it should fit other after-market exhausts like Tubi.

Keep in mind over time the chrome will turn yellowish, more inside than out, which should be perfect if you like that burnt look. I came across a GT2 and curiously enough, while the stock Turbo tip stays "white," the GT2 tip turns yellow also.

Second view.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM